The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Species & Character Creation - Page 3 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Species & Character Creation - Page 3 EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Species & Character Creation - Page 3 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Species & Character Creation - Page 3 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Species & Character Creation - Page 3 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Species & Character Creation - Page 3 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Species & Character Creation - Page 3 EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Species & Character Creation - Page 3 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Species & Character Creation - Page 3 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Species & Character Creation - Page 3 Vote_b10Species & Character Creation - Page 3 Vote_b11Species & Character Creation - Page 3 Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Species & Character Creation - Page 3 Vote_b10Species & Character Creation - Page 3 Vote_b11Species & Character Creation - Page 3 Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Species & Character Creation - Page 3 Vote_b1065%Species & Character Creation - Page 3 Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Species & Character Creation - Page 3 Vote_b106%Species & Character Creation - Page 3 Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Species & Character Creation - Page 3 Vote_b1018%Species & Character Creation - Page 3 Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
Species & Character Creation - Page 3 Vote_b106%Species & Character Creation - Page 3 Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Species & Character Creation - Page 3 Vote_b100%Species & Character Creation - Page 3 Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Species & Character Creation

Go down 
+12
Smudge
Tando
Jokoro
The Partisan
Caryington
nosyd
Sureshot
Harlequin2
PrioryJK
Commander Nord
Lunarwolf
BluePhoenix
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Species & Character Creation - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Species & Character Creation   Species & Character Creation - Page 3 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 5:04 am

Soude wrote:

Near-human do not deserve being a race,

RACISM!!! affraid

(hahahaha just kidding Razz)

Seriously though, I suspect that there will in fact, be a fair amount of customization (and races) even if they need to change things between now and release.

TOR is shaping up to have a truly massive amount of players, possibly even overtaking World of Warcraft. If that's the case, if they want to succeed then characters will HAVE TO look different just due to the sheer numbers involved otherwise the game will bomb horribly.

Plus this is BioWare - if you look at their last few games, even if you are stuck with a single race, they've never been short on customization.

I remain hopeful.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Caryington
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Caryington

Number of posts : 2420
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Species & Character Creation   Species & Character Creation - Page 3 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 5:31 am

I call that smartness racism I keep it for my Imperial officers and ISB friends Very Happy

Anyway, I'm hoping you're right about customization, LW.
Back to top Go down
http://soude.forumactif.com/
The Partisan
Registered
Registered
The Partisan

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Species & Character Creation   Species & Character Creation - Page 3 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 6:48 am

I'm liking the implication of Rakatan love scenes. I think this is about as diverse Bioware could really get. The Rakata are supposedly dying out and their place in the galaxy uncertain. I wonder if we'll have story arches connected to species as well as class? I could see some kind of Krogan-esque story coming into play, with the Rakata seeking to regain their affinity for the force. Possible arch nemesis being a Rakata taking on both the Sith Empire and Republic?

Could their inclusion as a race suggest Lehon as a playable planet?
Back to top Go down
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

Number of posts : 1761
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Species & Character Creation   Species & Character Creation - Page 3 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 6:58 am

The reason i think they begin with a near human species on announcement is that ...... I got no idea why.

But the last few weeks we got species, inhabitants, biography and much more so this summer to PAX Prime (That i my attend) in Seattle in september i think we cant get much news
Back to top Go down
Caryington
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Caryington

PostSubject: Re: Species & Character Creation   Species & Character Creation - Page 3 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 7:19 am

Lord_Nord wrote:
The reason i think they begin with a near human species on announcement is that ...... I got no idea why.
I'll use a very famous quote from SS:

LULZ!!!
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Species & Character Creation   Species & Character Creation - Page 3 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 8:11 am

The Partisan wrote:
I'm liking the implication of Rakatan love scenes. I think this is about as diverse Bioware could really get. The Rakata are supposedly dying out and their place in the galaxy uncertain. I wonder if we'll have story arches connected to species as well as class? I could see some kind of Krogan-esque story coming into play, with the Rakata seeking to regain their affinity for the force. Possible arch nemesis being a Rakata taking on both the Sith Empire and Republic?

Could their inclusion as a race suggest Lehon as a playable planet?

Any chance we could shoe-horn you in to write for BW/LA, Partisan? I'd loooooooove the Rakata to make a major come back. My quite obvious love for the Infinite Empire aside, think of all the awesome Star Forge-style plots they could include! Derelict space-stations, ancient ruins, defunct superweapons.. *cough* dark secrets *cough* - it'd make some great storylines, thats for sure.

I suspect that kind of thing would be in an expansion though.
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Species & Character Creation   Species & Character Creation - Page 3 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 2:38 pm

I kinda suspect were not going to get many species at all and they will be mostly "Near Humans" it seems odd the first Alien reveal is a near Human thats something they would drop half way through in between some good ones to hide its shoddyness Razz

I think with all the character choices/story choices something had to suffer and it was the species :/
It might be the case though if you remember all those cutomizations you could create on your character that the near humans and humans are so customisable and the class and their armour so unique that each person will look different anyway but still....

I kind of feared this when I saw the companions becuase it felt like they were compensating for the lack of playable species by giving you unique alien companions
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Species & Character Creation   Species & Character Creation - Page 3 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 6:11 am

PrioryJK wrote:
I kinda suspect were not going to get many species at all and they will be mostly "Near Humans" it seems odd the first Alien reveal is a near Human thats something they would drop half way through in between some good ones to hide its shoddyness Razz

I think with all the character choices/story choices something had to suffer and it was the species :/
It might be the case though if you remember all those cutomizations you could create on your character that the near humans and humans are so customisable and the class and their armour so unique that each person will look different anyway but still....

I kind of feared this when I saw the companions becuase it felt like they were compensating for the lack of playable species by giving you unique alien companions

This.

Well said sah and I agree completely. The one thing that I held very important was character customization as after all this is Star Wars and what would it be like without the diversity we see in the movies?

I could be wrong but I think the "Near Human" theory seems quite probable now. At a rough guess I'd say we may be looking at the following now:

Human
Rattataki
Twi'lek
Zabrak
Togruta
Chagrian
Mirialan
Cathar (possible I guess)

Seeing as the developers don't want romance arcs with so called 'blobs' (I assume they're referring to the Hutts) I wonder where they stand on the not-so-human looking aliens like:

Mon Calamari
Rodian
Trandoshan (although they're looking quite unlikely now anyway)
Nautolan
Kel Dor

A lot of the above are REAL fan favourites so if they're not available I can hear the screams from the TOR community already!
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: Species & Character Creation   Species & Character Creation - Page 3 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 9:39 am

I doubt we'll even get that many, I'm guessing we'll have species like Zabrak, Miraluka etc really close to humans, not Tweliks or Togruta :/
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Species & Character Creation   Species & Character Creation - Page 3 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 9:52 am

I dunno I reckon Twi'leks are one of the most likely to be honest , mainly due to their popularity. Both them and Togruta's have very human attributes and are fairly easy on the eye.

Last edited by Sureshot on Fri May 14, 2010 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

PostSubject: Re: Species & Character Creation   Species & Character Creation - Page 3 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 9:55 am

Sureshot wrote:

Human
Rattataki
Twi'lek
Zabrak
Togruta
Chagrian
Mirialan
Cathar (possible I guess)

I think you are most right
Back to top Go down
Caryington
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Caryington

PostSubject: Re: Species & Character Creation   Species & Character Creation - Page 3 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 9:56 am

I don't think we'll get the Togruta or Cathars, as for the Twi'lek they're very iconic. Twi'twi, wookies and Dosh are the only species I feel unavoidable.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Species & Character Creation   Species & Character Creation - Page 3 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 10:02 am

Strange that most don't see the Togruta as playable species. I see them as a bit of a cross between that of a Twi'lek and a Chagrian. Also we've already had one species made famous by the Clone Wars (Rattataki) so I get a feeling that Ahsoka's species might get the same love. I for one would love to play a Togruta JC. Smile

Last edited by Sureshot on Fri May 14, 2010 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

PostSubject: Re: Species & Character Creation   Species & Character Creation - Page 3 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 10:04 am

Sureshot wrote:
Clone Wars

SS i think you may be in on something with Clone Wars its a chance that the famous humanoid Clone Wars species may be playable
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: Species & Character Creation   Species & Character Creation - Page 3 EmptySat May 15, 2010 6:03 am

You have to consider modeling though, they could do it but each species with a odd shaped head would require a different helmet Wink
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Species & Character Creation   Species & Character Creation - Page 3 EmptySat May 15, 2010 6:14 am

PrioryJK wrote:
You have to consider modeling though, they could do it but each species with a odd shaped head would require a different helmet Wink

Or they could ignore helmets entirely as they are the bane of all MMO's!!!
Back to top Go down
Jokoro
Registered
Registered
Jokoro

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Species & Character Creation   Species & Character Creation - Page 3 EmptySat May 15, 2010 9:46 pm

I'm willing to consider all of the following as possible candidates for playable species: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Near-Human

Knowing Bioware, they'll probably find the perfect balance between the "fan favorite" species and species that would impress the harder critics. Also, if they're really going to try to dethrone WoW, they may have a quite extensive choice of different species. I'm not going to rule anything out (besides Wookies).

It's not so much species I'm interested in... I'd like to see if droids will make the cut.
Back to top Go down
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

PostSubject: Re: Species & Character Creation   Species & Character Creation - Page 3 EmptySun May 16, 2010 2:10 am

Jokoro wrote:
to dethrone WoW, they may have a quite extensive choice of different species. I'm not going to rule anything out (besides Wookies).

I agree Wookies & Gungan are some of the classes iam sure we cant play in SWTOR, but they may be NPC
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Species & Character Creation   Species & Character Creation - Page 3 EmptySun May 16, 2010 5:15 am

Jokoro wrote:
I'm willing to consider all of the following as possible candidates for playable species: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Near-Human

Knowing Bioware, they'll probably find the perfect balance between the "fan favorite" species and species that would impress the harder critics. Also, if they're really going to try to dethrone WoW, they may have a quite extensive choice of different species. I'm not going to rule anything out (besides Wookies).

It's not so much species I'm interested in... I'd like to see if droids will make the cut.

Well I've always loved the look of Aurra Sing, so playing as her as-of-yet unknown species would be quite ace.

Species & Character Creation - Page 3 Moviebg4uh

As for Droids, as much as I'd love to see them playable I think they're more likely to be companions and NPC's unfortunately. Mainly because I can't see Droids in a position where they have to make many moral choices like that of an organic.
Back to top Go down
The Partisan
Registered
Registered
The Partisan

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Species & Character Creation   Species & Character Creation - Page 3 EmptySun May 16, 2010 8:42 am

You bring up an interesting point, SS. If we consider that Bioware are approaching species with emotion and attachment as paramount, rather than gameplay, we can see that the obvious route to take is species that closely resemble humans, allowing for the player to better connect with their character. I don't doubt that Bioware will attempt to push the boundaries, but I'm not betting on any Quarren romance arches.

The line gets hazy when it comes to Trandoshans and Wookies. They're much loved species, for many reasons, but they aren't the easiest to connect to.

What I'd like to know is how they'll be handling near-human species. They can hardly have a selection of hundreds of races that are only slightly different to humans. As long as I can make it clear that my character is eye-less, that's fine by me.

Is it too much to ask for a Wookie to love?
Back to top Go down
Tando
Special Agent
Special Agent
Tando

Number of posts : 1068
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Species & Character Creation   Species & Character Creation - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 11:06 pm

Looks like Twi'lek and Rattataki are in, someone who played the first 6 classes used those two species plus the human
Back to top Go down
http://www.evil-wizards.org/swtor-wiki/index.php/Tando_Alums
Smudge
Agent
Agent
Smudge

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2010-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Species & Character Creation   Species & Character Creation - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 2:44 am

Chiss are confirmed too: Link
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: Species & Character Creation   Species & Character Creation - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 4:40 am

Oh yeah we Reetak is a shoe in then Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

PostSubject: Re: Species & Character Creation   Species & Character Creation - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 5:57 am

I have no idea how many species it will be. but i think it can be as many as planets 16+.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Species & Character Creation   Species & Character Creation - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 5:59 am

Added Chiss, Rattataki and Twi'lek as options on the character information section. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Species & Character Creation   Species & Character Creation - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Species & Character Creation
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next