The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 3 EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 3 EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 3 Vote_b10PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 3 Vote_b11PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 3 Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 3 Vote_b10PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 3 Vote_b11PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 3 Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 3 Vote_b1065%PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 3 Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 3 Vote_b106%PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 3 Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 3 Vote_b1018%PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 3 Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 3 Vote_b106%PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 3 Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 3 Vote_b100%PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 3 Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 12:34 pm

Hmm, I think Sharasvar is at the head of the expedition so he gets in first for everything, but Skursir is the man who gives in orders (or rather advice) to Shar but is at the mercy of info over the comm. I will also be playing the NPCs (though I'm not letting on who or what they are).
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 12:48 pm

Harewood wrote:

That's how I see it. I would be surprised for TMF or Aleena to agree to hand over the reigns of command to a contractor.

And (unsurprisingly tongue) I have a different view on the OOC ramifications; ie: is it fair to put the onus on Sharasvar to drive the RP? I know it's always a group effort but since we're hosting I would've thought that we'd need/use an IC leader that could stomp about and help Harl guide the RP. Can a guest comfortably do that?

Agreed. I honestly can't see my character taking orders from an unknown and although I'm totally for Sharasvar leading the expedition I think leading the agency is a bit of a stretch. Not only that I want to get bossed around by L-Dubz for a change!! lol! To please everybody it might be an idea to have Sharasvar lead the expedition and the actions of the Path and Lunarwolf kick the EPOCHians into shape. I think it's a good idea to have Skursir as a guide from the ship though as it'll help you with running the story.
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 1:05 pm

Good idea, I'll make the change...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 1:06 pm

Sureshot wrote:
To please everybody it might be an idea to have Sharasvar lead the expedition and the actions of the Path and Lunarwolf kick the EPOCHians into shape.
An EPOCH leader whose open to suggestions from the Path is far more comfortable a place to come from guild-lore wise. Having Sharasvar "in overall charge" doesn't really seem "EPOCH-y". Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 1:15 pm

Yup, also E.P.O.C.H are a highly trained group of professionals who more than likely work better with thier own unit and under one command (in this case Aleena as TMF will only be in it briefly, probably just to seal the deal and make introductions).
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 1:17 pm

Um, did you read the intro I sent you SS?
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 1:28 pm

Yeah I did mate. Looks really good! As I say the only problem I have is following the lead of Sharasvar. Aside from that it's really good. All you need to do when you start the actual RP is write up a summary like the others, or alternatively you can use the one you 've already written out in the roleplay discussions thread. Oh and don't forget the character list. Smile

*rubs hands together*
I'm looking forward to this!
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 1:43 pm

Yeah, I've made the change. Still, we need at least 2 more Path people to join until we can get this show on the road...
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 8:03 am

Harewood wrote:
Sureshot wrote:
To please everybody it might be an idea to have Sharasvar lead the expedition and the actions of the Path and Lunarwolf kick the EPOCHians into shape.
An EPOCH leader whose open to suggestions from the Path is far more comfortable a place to come from guild-lore wise. Having Sharasvar "in overall charge" doesn't really seem "EPOCH-y". Neutral

I have to agree, this however is a problem not just confined to this RP, if we as a Guild are independant contractors how do we interact with other guilds within an RP?
We can't all go in some huge group becuase it wouldn't make sense as we're not a mercenary group, comm chatter would make sense but would be very limited and I thought the point is we work independently. Question
This cropped up in a similar fashion in Knightfall although we wern't EPOCH there we couldn't contact or work with the other guilds becuase a) we were trying to kill them b) we were sociopaths who didn't want to Razz

What I'd suggest is maybe some type of small integration between the groups, instead of 1 big group we keep 2 seperate ones but each side takes 1 or 2 members from the other, ie the sith need access to somewhere so they take Jylan as an Engie and the Epochians need some help with Jedi so they take a Sith, this way we get integration but don't have to sacrifice guild lore Smile

On another point I expected as this was a cross Guild RP we as a guild would be dicussing the story and plot elements together, I know we need a DM but I thought he would suggest a story and we'd disscus it and come to a conclusion.
No offence Harl but we seem to be discussing points like how canon the plot is and Guild lore and getting no response from you Smile
It'd be good to get some idea of how how everything is playing out before we commit?
ie How is Malindrll going to be used?
How much of an impact are we making on Typhon? (No storming of the Jedi temple eh Razz )
How are the Sith going to lead us?

Like you said we still need 2 more people to start this so theres no rush yet and we've got time to discuss Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 9:04 am

PrioryJK wrote:
No offence Harl but we seem to be discussing points like how canon the plot is and Guild lore and getting no response from you...
ie How is Malindrll going to be used?
I gave up raising these questions since answers weren't forthcoming. Well, to my points anyway. I think Sureshot merrits your replies, Harl, so I'll just back off; you obviously don't want my input.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 9:38 am

PrioryJK wrote:

It'd be good to get some idea of how how everything is playing out before we commit?
How is Malindrll going to be used?
How much of an impact are we making on Typhon? (No storming of the Jedi temple eh Razz )
How are the Sith going to lead us?

1) Well, we will have a week (perhaps more) on the ship that I mentioned earlier before it takes off, I guess if you don't like it, you can always leave before it takes off.
2) I've said before, I was planning to have Malindrll as the intel and mission manager for the expedition, but I'm having Skursir fill that role instead.
3) That's classified intel soldier Wink
4) I've decided that Sharasvar will command his group and Aleena will command the EPOCH, though as the Path are hiring us, we do have to respect their advice.

PrioryJK wrote:
No offence Harl but we seem to be discussing points like how canon the plot is and Guild lore and getting no response from you

The plot is canon, the Path have no idea what the planet is and neither do the EPOCH. As for the guild lore, I've also been agreeing to what you've been saying, but it's hard to see that as this topic is spread over two threads and I've only sent the intro to SS and Shar.

PrioryJK wrote:
What I'd suggest is maybe some type of small integration between the groups, instead of 1 big group we keep 2 seperate ones but each side takes 1 or 2 members from the other, ie the sith need access to somewhere so they take Jylan as an Engie and the Epochians need some help with Jedi so they take a Sith, this way we get integration but don't have to sacrifice guild lore

I've decided against this, but that doesn't mean that the groups won't split up. If Aleena decides, the EPOCH can fan out and search the area, but on the whole, you will be travelling as one big group unless something crops up.

Harewood wrote:
I gave up raising these questions since answers weren't forthcoming. Well, to my points anyway. I think Sureshot merrits your replies, Harl, so I'll just back off; you obviously don't want my input.

I do want your input Hare, and I'm sure so does everyone else, but I do have a lot on my plate here so I'm sorry if I'm not able to answer as you'd want me to. For other topics though, I have made points and/or suggestions and as I've said, it's hard to see that as the current stage.
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 1:09 pm

Harlequin2 wrote:

1) Well, we will have a week (perhaps more) on the ship that I mentioned earlier before it takes off, I guess if you don't like it, you can always leave before it takes off.
2) I've said before, I was planning to have Malindrll as the intel and mission manager for the expedition, but I'm having Skursir fill that role instead.
3) That's classified intel soldier Wink
4) I've decided that Sharasvar will command his group and Aleena will command the EPOCH, though as the Path are hiring us, we do have to respect their advice.
1. Fair enough
2. Although I'm eager to use her I think it would be better to leave her as the welcoming face....um voice of the group like Hare envisioned rather then a mission advisor Wink
3. As long as we steer awy from salazar territory its all gravy.
4. I don't care if the Sith give us orders.ask us to do stuff they are employing us, just the idea of a huge mob doesn't seem Epochy.
Quote :

The plot is canon, the Path have no idea what the planet is and neither do the EPOCH. As for the guild lore, I've also been agreeing to what you've been saying, but it's hard to see that as this topic is spread over two threads and I've only sent the intro to SS and Shar.
So you've changed the planet? or do you mean we don't know IC?

Quote :

I've decided against this, but that doesn't mean that the groups won't split up. If Aleena decides, the EPOCH can fan out and search the area, but on the whole, you will be travelling as one big group unless something crops up.
Well I'm not in the know about what the story is so maybe it'll work, as long as we have an option to split up if things get strained.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 1:30 pm

Well, the "huge mob" could be subject to change depending on what happens or what the leaders of each respective group wants. Though you'll still be on Tython, you don't know IC, and you'll also have to do some searching about, so you may split up then if desired. As for the Etti, I've effectively ruled her out for this one and Sureshot doesn't seem to mind. Besides, I honestly don't see a need for her with Skursir filling the role from the ship.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 11:49 am

I was just wondering if anyone had been over to TSP to hype up the cross-over RP? A first-hand invite/continued bumpage might show them we're serious and dedicated to it happening.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 11:59 am

Yeah both Harly and I have been over there giving them a plot synopsis and asking for new signups.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 12:07 pm

I thought so, just wanted to double check. I could'vee signed up and had look for myself but this was easier! Razz
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 1:19 pm

They're good chaps the Path, though they do post slowly... I don't think they actually have 5 active members... I've honestly only seen 3 recurring posters with some rare spontaneous ones. Still, SS and I are visiting it often so expect results! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 1:31 pm

Maybe we can poach the active members then watch the guild slowly die... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 4:46 am

Haha! You evil EVIL man you! Only problem with that is that I think the majority of them will be playing a Sith Warrior. Wink
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 8:36 am

Well, we only need 1 more Path guy at the moment, but after he comes in, I'll give the thread a week to get any more in before starting the offical thread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3