The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 Vote_b10PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 Vote_b11PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 Vote_b10PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 Vote_b11PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 Vote_b1065%PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 Vote_b106%PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 Vote_b1018%PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 Vote_b106%PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 Vote_b100%PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 5:41 am

I wasn't aware it was only known by the Jedi! Blimey I suppose that does cause a few problems canonically. That said I get the impression that the Path would be in it to win it and not want to share the wealth of their knowledge with the rest of the Empire, and if anyone could be aware of the Jedi Order's current location then I'm sure it'd more than likely be E.P.O.C.H.

If this is the sypnosis then I agree it will at least need a big spin in the description when you write it out Harly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 5:48 am

I read this as a note about when Tython was first found, rather than it being kept a secret. If they rediscovered the planet early in the war then by the time of the Treaty of Coruscant I'm sure word would have gotten out. Once the Jedi run back there with their tails behind their legs, I can't imagine nobody looked into where they were all dissapearing to. Personally I would say that ATC Tython would be fairly common knowledge.

Not frequented by anyone, but certainly known.
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 10:59 am

Quote :
In the aftermath of the Great Galactic War, the Jedi Order relocated to Tython following the Sacking of Coruscant in 3,653 BBY. There, they attempted to rebuild their order, despite trouble with a local Twi'lek pilgrim colony and a mysterious influence emanating from the world itself.

I took this from wookiepedia so maybe not accurate but from what I remember the Jedi relocated there after the Sacking of Coruscant, personally I don't think it would be that well known and a bit of a strech to hold the RP there but its up to Harl Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 11:27 am

Hmmm yeah it is a bit tricky to be honest. The only way around that I can see is by making sure that the Sith'ari Path have no plans of informing the rest of the Empire of what they're up to. From what I gather they're more like seekers of knowledge anyway so it might just work. Then again the Sith that I know would report thier findings and send a legion of Sith the Jedi's way to extinguish them once and for all. Tough call.

Still, I think it's something to consider 'cause if it is unknown then we aren't allowed to mess with canon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 12:28 pm

While I'm not sure if this clears anything up at all, the following is written on the SWTOR Jedi Faction Holonet page:

SWTOR wrote:
Despite their intentions, the Jedi Order’s search for serenity on Tython has been strained. Among the ancient Tythonian ruins, mysterious Force energies abound, and the legacy of a long forgotten darkness has re-emerged. With the arrival of a Twi’lek pilgrim clan determined to settle on Tython in violation of Galactic Republic law, delicate and dangerous trials have arisen for Jedi Padawans in training and for the Order itself.
[-LINK-]

So canonanically(??) some folk know enough of Tython to be determined to settle there.
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 1:04 pm

Harewood wrote:

So canonanically(??) some folk know enough of Tython to be determined to settle there.

Well they may just be traveling pilgrims who happened upon it, I don't think we'll really know until the game comes out so its just a matter of judgement for the GM and us I suppose Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 2:17 pm

Well the Deep Core being what it is and making space travel "difficult at best" I wouldn't have thought colonists would be in that region in the first place and then to just happen accross Tython, but you're absolutely right. Until BioWare tell us more all speculations just have to be a best guess. As for the RP, does Harl get to choose or in light of...
Sureshot wrote:
Still, I think it's something to consider 'cause if it is unknown then we aren't allowed to mess with canon.
...will the boss veto using Tython till further notice?

(Answers on a post card tongue)
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 9:00 am

I'm keeping it in Tython, it will add to the drama having a Sith attack on a super secret place. We can have one of the two:

1) The Path know about Tython all along, being Historians and Discoverers
2) We don't know the planet or what it is but we learn when we make planet fall

I'm thinking that the story will kick off after Skursir has been promoted to diplomat between the two guilds and we recieve the contract. It starts with Skur briefing the team about the mission and introducing them to the Path before we go in. We'll be in some sort of ship which Skursir (who will provide intel for the team) and I'm guessing the Falleen will stay in.

Thing is though, should Skursir be the guy on the mic, or should we have our resident blue-skin? Or both?
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 10:52 am

Harewood wrote:

...will the boss veto using Tython till further notice?

(Answers on a post card tongue)

Nah it's Harly's RP at the end of the day and its not a massive leap to think that the Path are aware of Tython. It'll probably need a bit of input from the Path though to make it believable. Actuallu I'd have a word with them Harly and see what they say first.

Harlequin2 wrote:

Thing is though, should Skursir be the guy on the mic, or should we have our resident blue-skin? Or both?

Blue skin?
confused
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 11:15 am

The Etti whose name I can't spell Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 11:45 am

(I just nearly posted this reply on the wrong thread! Ooops! Embarassed)

Harewood wrote:
Malindrll Mdybo [Ma-lin-drull Di-bow]
Don't worry Harl, I can never remember either. I have to search for "receptionist" to remind myself! lol

I'm sure once she's been used a bit it'll stick in our heads^^
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 2:05 am

Hehe, but the point still stands:

Who'll be providing intel, support and evac? If Malindrll is use then my I have permission to use her?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 5:21 am

Anyone can use her but it sounds like the job you'd be looking at would involve her much more heavily than I'd intended and that role would be much better suited to a player.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 5:26 am

How about we use Malindrll for intel on the mission and other aspects while Skursir will standby for some offical detailing?
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 5:29 am

Also its worth considering that part of the point of Malindrll is that she is never seen, that nobody has any direct contact with her. Wouldn't that make things a little difficult in a situation like this? I'd suspect you'd need someone a lot more.... 'hands on'. It would make sense that she would be a contact, a source of information - but beyond that it may be a little outside the parameters of her use.

Perhaps a newly created / dedicated NPC?

Harlequin2 wrote:
How about we use Malindrll for intel on the mission and other aspects while Skursir will standby for some offical detailing?

Damn you beat me to it Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 5:53 am

Exactly. I'm a bit worried that you want to feature her so heavily. She was never really meant to be a member of the team, she's kind of on the outside. She's there to answer your calls and help with whatever she can but she's really not able to sit in on missions. She has her own job to do and must be available to do it.

Lunarwolf's suggestion is a great one though and gets a thumbs up from me. Smile
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 7:07 am

We also need a ship. I put my vote in for the 578-R space transport.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 7:10 am

Harlequin2 wrote:
We also need a ship. I put my vote in for the 578-R space transport.
Hehe! It looks like Thunderbird 4. I love it!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 9:40 am

Harewood wrote:
Exactly. I'm a bit worried that you want to feature her so heavily. She was never really meant to be a member of the team, she's kind of on the outside. She's there to answer your calls and help with whatever she can but she's really not able to sit in on missions. She has her own job to do and must be available to do it.

Lunarwolf's suggestion is a great one though and gets a thumbs up from me. Smile

Agreed. My impression of Malindril was that she was the one that clients contacted directly to employ us as the Falleen couldn't, or am I wrong?

Oh and btw I love the ship!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 11:28 am

Right, do we have crew-for-hire on this ship? Jylan alone can't pilot this bad boy alone so I think we'll have to out source on this one.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 11:35 am

I don't mind helping pilot the ship (as Creed) with Jylan. Seeing as Aleena's the one with the highest rank I assume she'll be leading the group and giving team talks etc, so that leaves Creed free for any other duties.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 11:48 am

Hmmm.. I thought that this set up is best:

Sharasvar leads the expedition, and has chartered a ship for the Path and the EPOCH. As the ambassador between the two guilds, Skursir manages the operation from the ship, but it's Aleena who controls the EPOCH force. However, both sides unite into one with Sharasvar acting as leader for the whole. I'll send you the introduction SS later...
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 11:54 am

Well to be honest I always pictured E.P.O.C.H as a group that gets given a contract and we do the job on our terms. Saying that I do think that Sharasvar should lead the expedition but I know the only person that Creed will take orders from is Aleena, not sure about how the rest of the guys feel about this though. I suppose each characters different at the end of the day.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 12:21 pm

Just sent you the intro, tell me what you think. And yeah, I guess the set up would get some people upset, but at the end of the day, it is the Path that hired us to enforce them on this mission so it's only right that the ground leader is Sharasvar. Plus, he is the guild leader after all Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 12:25 pm

Sureshot wrote:
Well to be honest I always pictured E.P.O.C.H as a group that gets given a contract and we do the job on our terms.
That's how I see it. I would be surprised for TMF or Aleena to agree to hand over the reigns of command to a contractor.

And (unsurprisingly tongue) I have a different view on the OOC ramifications; ie: is it fair to put the onus on Sharasvar to drive the RP? I know it's always a group effort but since we're hosting I would've thought that we'd need/use an IC leader that could stomp about and help Harl guide the RP. Can a guest comfortably do that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next