The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread Vote_b10PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread Vote_b11PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread Vote_b10PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread Vote_b11PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread Vote_b1065%PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread Vote_b106%PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread Vote_b1018%PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread Vote_b106%PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread Vote_b100%PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread Empty
PostSubject: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 6:36 am

I thought we could use this thread to openly discuss other guilds in relation to cross-over RPs. It's not really very polite to moan about activity or express concerns about guilds where they can read about it! Razz

And to kick us off I wanted to see what you guys thought about my sounding out specific Prax members to invite to the TSP/Paragon/EPOCH cross-over, in light of needing a fourth (Republic aligned) guild? They mucked up Knightfall but there are a few decent players there who could possibly be trusted not to wander off! lol
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 7:43 am

Good plan mate, yeah it's easier to discuss things this way and maybe we can come to a solid scenario as to how we want EPOCH involved in the RP here.

I'm fine with you inviting members of the Prax but after Knightfail I'm a bit wary about them after what I've been told by you guys and the members of HofD. Still if you think you can find dedicated people from the guild then I can't see why not. If not, my other suggestion would be to try and get the SDI involved.

One suggestion I was going to add was that we ask for experienced roleplayers only. Mainly 'cause the last thing we want is another case of the GTC at the Hyperion. Do you think that sounds too pushy?
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 7:55 am

Question if we're nuetral why are we having ourselves as a Sith aligned Guild in the RP?

As for RoM I suppose they hav'nt shown that much interest in RP over here even when informed about the Hyperion, I'm sure they can wait a while.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 7:57 am

Sureshot wrote:

One suggestion I was going to add was that we ask for experienced roleplayers only. Mainly 'cause the last thing we want is another case of the GTC at the Hyperion. Do you think that sounds too pushy?

Nope, I think it sounds essential.

Thanks also for whacking the word "PRIVATE" on the front of this thread, its just a little thing but when I am replying to loads of threads at once, It helps to have a fast (almost subconscious) visual reminder which one your posting in at which point - stops me accidentally saying something I shouldn't in the wrong place Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 8:03 am

PrioryJK wrote:
Question if we're nuetral why are we having ourselves as a Sith aligned Guild in the RP?

As for RoM I suppose they hav'nt shown that much interest in RP over here even when informed about the Hyperion, I'm sure they can wait a while.

The reason I think it'd be better aligning ourselves with the Sith is because we'll be teaming up and working for our official clients (The Sith'ari Path). At this stage The Paladins aren't an ally, nor do I think they will be but given the choice I think it makes more sense for us to work for a paying client.

Yeah RoM like many other guilds that say they're RP don't seem to be as serious as us about it. If I'm honest I often wonder if these guilds say they're RP just so they can pull in more members.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 8:06 am

Okay, so how about we postpone RoM and ask HoD instead? HoD have already said they'd be up for an EPOCH cross-over (post Nov, which it'll probably take us that long to get everything ship shape and ready to go). And if HoD accept they might have a few hang-ups over being involved with the Prax again this soon, so we could go with the S(TI)(TD)DI (Razz).
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 8:13 am

To be honest after seeing some of these guilds in action (or lack of it) I think we should put things on hold for a multi-guild crossover RP of this scale and concentrate on one of them only. I think that the Sith'ari path have shown a hell of a lot of promise on the RP front (to the point where they're begging us for it!) so I'd actually be more comfortable in dealing with them only for the meantime. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 10:08 am

I think I'd agree with the above post. It's probably too hasty to get into this massive project, especially when one ground is not even a dedicated ally (or at least not yet). I think we should concentrate of HoD, and then perhaps the Sith'ari next. However, about the 4 guilds point, I'm sure SDI would be happy to join - but we'd have to put up with only one member posting consistently...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 11:19 am

I agree that a 1-on-1 guild cross-over RP would be best and whilest we've been talking with HoD about a cross-over for a long time I agree with Sureshot that The Sith'ari Path show great promise with their RP (or at least Sharasvar does^^). And it'd make a lot of sense to stike while the iron's hot.
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 11:28 am

My votes with a smaller RP anyway, Knightfall had only 3 yet failed dramatically, too many people ruin the saying that I can't remember.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 11:59 am

Too many cooks spoil the broth.

And I second that motion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 6:28 am

Okay cool, so we're all areed. With that in mind then we won't need such a "vs" plot for an EPOCH/Path story. Are we going to modify the original plot option or try and write a more Sithy one? In fact - are you still okay with GMing this Mr Harl?
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 7:13 am

I gotta say I've been muchos impressed with what I've seen of The Sith'ari Path, and am first to admit I was more than dubious of them to begin with - I'm glad to have been proven wrong!

I'm made my intentions known to join in and play this RP but as I've said previously I'd rather help oversee this one than help run it.

That said, whomever does end up being the GM from our side I'm around for help/support as needed.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 9:18 am

Yeah I've been very impressed with the Path. Maybe in this RP it would be better to have us working alongside them against a greater foe? I definitely vote for a more "Sithy" plot line as well this time around.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 2:28 am

Okay, so here's the summary:
- We'll have a RP with the Path
- It'll be 1 on 1
- This will take RP priority
- I'll be GM and write the story, but pass it through you guys when I have an idea
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 3:22 am

Well that sounds alright with me Harl, do you want us to pitch some stories to you or do you want to write it yourself Smile
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 7:22 am

Harlequin2 wrote:
- It'll be 1 on 1
- I'll be GM and write the story, but pass it through you guys when I have an idea

Sounds good bud. Oh and I have one minor request if thats ok? Please don't base it on Coruscant! I'm fed up of seeing that planet in RP now! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 7:57 am

Harlequin2 wrote:
- It'll be 1 on 1

I'm ok with all that Harl.

RE: The "Priority" Part, I don't think any one RP will actually get priority, especially as some are still on-going, but I think I know what you mean - for example if people are in say, this new RP and Hyperion but only have time to post in one, that they dedicate themselves more to this RP which can build inter-guild relations than an 'open' one which people come and go as they please in.

The reason I say this is that anyone that is in any structured, story-driven RP (currently DaTD and DS) can't really neglect that as it would damage the story and the flow of the game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 11:10 am

Lunarwolf wrote:
RE: The "Priority" Part, I don't think any one RP will actually get priority
Yeah, I thought that sounded really odd too. This RP will definately not take RP priority over everything we're playing. I'll happily take Keel out of the Hyperion to play, as the purpose of the Hyperion (and how it's designed) is to drop in and out, but if you're part of a structured RP I feel there shouldn't be any priority given to any single one. You've commited yourself to each one and if you can't keep up with them all then in all fairness you shouldn't be joining.

But of course, when I step in to GM my up-coming RP; that one will take priority. tongue
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 12:47 pm

Harewood wrote:

But of course, when I step in to GM my up-coming RP; that one will take priority. tongue

MOAR INFO PLEEZ!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 8:20 am

Right, after some noggin scratching, I've come up with this:

Un-expectantly, the Sith’ari Path receives a mysterious transmission from the planet of Tython, which appears to be originating from a location unknown, though appears to be of ancient origin. Excited by the secrets that they may unravel, the Sith’ari initiate a hunt for the relic, but it is obvious that they cannot penetrate the world’s defences and find the source without aid. As such, they enlist the aid of the Agents of the EPOCH to help them. However, what secrets can be revealed? Will they be life changing, enlightening and astounding, or is it just a trap? All will be revealed as the plot unravels in...

PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread Cooltext439751576

Rated T for Teen
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 8:39 am

Sounds good! I assume that since the Path could pick up the signal that the place will already be crawling with Jedi by the time we get our arses over there. We'll lead a massacre! lol
Lightsaber Battle
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 9:30 am

W00t!!! This sounds great Harly!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 9:47 am

Alright, if that sounds good I'll put it into the offical post! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 1:41 pm

This sounds great Harl it'll give our group a chance to shine as infiltrators and spys and let the sith be all....well sithy Very Happy
One or two lil things though now I'm not entirly sure about this but I thought Typhon was secret to most of the the Republic and not known to the Sith?
Quote :
Mystical scholars gathered on the harsh and mysterious world of Tython millennia ago to begin the first studies of the Force, but controversy among the scholars’ ranks created a cataclysm which nearly destroyed the planet. A small group of survivors fled to another star system, put their dark past behind them, and founded the Jedi Order.

Thousands of years passed, and the true legacy of Tython was forgotten.

Rediscovering the planet early in the Great War, the modern Jedi began exploring the mysteries of Tython’s history, and learning much about the earliest Force users.
Taken from the Holonet i might be wrong and it might be known by the Sith but if not us having our RP there seems a lil non-canon, second is only a small concern if we as a guild are infiltrating first and paving the way what will the Sith be doing in the mean time? You've probably already planned something it just occured to me is all Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread   PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next