The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Guild Relations thread? EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Guild Relations thread? EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Guild Relations thread? EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Guild Relations thread? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Guild Relations thread? EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Guild Relations thread? EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Guild Relations thread? EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Guild Relations thread? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Guild Relations thread? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Guild Relations thread? Vote_b10Guild Relations thread? Vote_b11Guild Relations thread? Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Guild Relations thread? Vote_b10Guild Relations thread? Vote_b11Guild Relations thread? Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Guild Relations thread? Vote_b1065%Guild Relations thread? Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Guild Relations thread? Vote_b106%Guild Relations thread? Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Guild Relations thread? Vote_b1018%Guild Relations thread? Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Guild Relations thread? Vote_b100%Guild Relations thread? Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Guild Relations thread?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Guild Relations thread? Empty
PostSubject: Guild Relations thread?   Guild Relations thread? EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 1:26 am

The SWTOR guild listings already show over 40 European guilds. Now most of those I know won't be RP guilds but because the list is rubbish there's no way to tell how many actually are RP guilds (apparently even WE aren't!) without visiting each site (which I can do if this idea takes off). But it's a safe bet that most of those that are European RP guilds, we'll be seeing on whichever server we choose. One can only guess at how busy Sureshot and his Officers are with making contact and keeping up relations with other guilds and I haven't even thought about the more interesting non-EU guilds!

Soooo... I was thinking two things:
1. The guild could do with an inter-guild update thread, much like the 'The Guild As It Stands' thread to keep us all updated on external guild relations. There are a few different threads announcing possible alliances in the Guild News section and we have, of course, the Allies forum but it would be nice to have a one-stop-shop to see where we stand with everyone in a rolling summation. And;
2. Us full members could lend a hand. We all want our fan-fookin-tastic guild to make a big impact. We've had a few ambassadors from other guilds register with us and they've all been a bit lame. I don't know what goes on with Sureshot and guild leaders behind closed doors but once "Hello"s and good first impressions have been made it seems sensible to me to follow that up with a sort of 'Good Will Ambassador' to help cement relations and put a strong presence (which is more than just a name in an announcement) on their boards and in their members' minds. A simple guideline of what not to discuss should see us fine, deferring all major decisions back to Sureshot and reporting the juicy stuff from their forums on our thread here.

Do we think this is a good/bad idea? Any volunteers? lol
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Guild Relations thread?   Guild Relations thread? EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 5:45 am

Both good ideas Red Very Happy

1. So you want a thread listing all the guilds were in contact with and have allegiances?
Or a list of all RP guilds? or both I suppose would be useful

2. I hear what saying we've had a few guys on here stating their Guilds cause but not many stick around and post on the forums, I wouldn't call them lame (a very diplomatic term Wink ) they're very forgettable. A good will ambassador would be great at building up allegiances with other Guilds, it might be good to have 2 or more depending on how much effort we put into doing it and how many guilds we build up relations with.

I suppose the best thing would be to check the guild sites, see which ones are EU RP make a list up and then vet them to see which ones we want to interact with, then we'd need the goodwill ambassadors. It'd be great if we could make a little network up of all the EU RP guilds and get them all on the same server Smile

SS would have to pick someone and we'd have to watch out for defections Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guild Relations thread?   Guild Relations thread? EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 6:38 am

Discounting the possibility of non-English servers, I think you could be on to something. This could be a great way to build positive RP-ish feelings and encourage guilds to deciding on the same server, which would be great for everyone anyway cos who wants to be stuck on a ghost-town of a game-world?

If, like I think, there are enough guilds to go round, I was thinking that those full members who are willing could each take ownership of maintaining contact with a guild (or two). Sort of checking in and bumping a few 'foreign' threads any time they check B4H. Much like we did with SWTOR when the recruitment threads where hot.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Guild Relations thread?   Guild Relations thread? EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 6:54 am

I like this idea a lot and I have been considering choosing a couple of people to take on the role of ambassasdor. My original idea was to give each ambassasdor a guild that they can focus on. Thus far we have the following guilds interested:

Remnants of Mandalore (Republic & Sith - Mandalorians)
The Praxeum (Republic - Jedi)
Hands of Darkness (Empire - Sith)
Galactic Trade Commission (Republic & Sith - Criminal Organization)

Now like most things to do with the guild I have been VERY picky about who we ally ourselves with. You'll also notice that I've gone with allies that are all very different from one another. The purpose of this is that I want the roleplay to be difefrent each time and having alliances with the Mandalorians, Sith Empire, the Jedi and of course a criminal organization would benefit our guild's roleplaying experience.

Now if we go about doing this I will need guarantees that I can rely on you to be polite at ALL times to other guilds because I really don't want to be booting people for representing our guild in a bad light. Secondly and this is very important...DON'T GIVE TOO MUCH AWAY ABOUT OUR GUILD!!! Seriously we are a secret agency and what one guild tells us another cannot hear about it. I like to call it "protecting our investment". Wink

Also any guild chat that we have stays on guild chat and no information whatsover should be leaked, unless it is an official statement that involves our 'clients'. Last but not least, some guilds prefer to do talks in character ( I know I do), so I will only be asking the active roleplayers on here to take the role of ambassador. Think of it as a little reward and thanks from me for taking part in the forum RP.

Now, if you can handle that I'd be interested in hearing what guilds you'd be interested in working alongside.

Fire away.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: Guild Relations thread?   Guild Relations thread? EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 6:58 am

Sounds good to me, I think making a thread on SW:TOR on the issue for the guilds would necessary in the future closer to release, but for now I'm happy to join a few guilds as an ambassador. (um if Ss wants me ofc)

If you want help going through the guilds I’ll take some for you Very Happy We can rule out some of the ...um less established guilds who post threads like this "y wont any1 join my guild?" pirat

Last edited by PrioryJK on Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Guild Relations thread?   Guild Relations thread? EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 7:02 am

Well as I say I'm hand picking allies at the minute but if you see that is fairly different, european and most importantly an RP guild then let me know.

Any idea which guild you'd like to go into talks with?
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: Guild Relations thread?   Guild Relations thread? EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 7:10 am

Sureshot wrote:
Well as I say I'm hand picking allies at the minute but if you see that is fairly different, european and most importantly an RP guild then let me know.

Any idea which guild you'd like to go into talks with?
Urk I posted just after you did your so I was responding to Red, no ideas yet like Red said there are quite a few guilds and I don't any of them, if we check through the listings we might find a few interesting ones.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Guild Relations thread?   Guild Relations thread? EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 7:12 am

Well more importantly I'd like to see the ones we already have catered for as they really are the best picks of the bunch.
Back to top Go down
0wl
Registered
Registered
0wl

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2009-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Guild Relations thread?   Guild Relations thread? EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 7:18 am

I would love to see other guilds interested in forming tight "bonds"! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://owl68.hyves.nl
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Guild Relations thread?   Guild Relations thread? EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 7:25 am

errr... I posted a long-winded post here and its vanished! If anyone sees it in its travels, (likely to be posted in the wrong place) please whack it on the head and drag it back here!

I'll try to summerise what I said..

1. Bloody marvelous idea, though I'd go with the 1 EPOCH Ambassador to each Allied Guild idea so as not to overload one of our Guildies being made responsible for all Diplomatic Negotiations

2. I'd like to put forward the possibility of making Out-Of-Game characters for our ambassadors to be on other forums. Sign up under the name of the character and represent E.P.O.C.H. in an in-character way (a bit like my NPC Nalia Jeth), giving them a bio, back-history and even a connection to us. This will allow for easy RP with any of these Guilds too (of course the allied Guild would have to be an RP guild for this to really work...)

and 3.

If you end up with not enough people being Ambassadors, Chief - I'll step up with Nalia. She's pro-Republic though, so unlikely to work with Hands Of Darkness Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Guild Relations thread?   Guild Relations thread? EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 8:19 am

Yeah, I think a nice big thread with a list of European guilds and a criteria next to them will be great. For instance:

Praxeum (Y) (U) (A)
Y = Roleplays
N = Doesn't Roleplay

U = Universal
R = Republic
S = Empire

A = Allies
X = Not Allies

This will give up a good way of quickly identifying guilds and will help us establish more relations with them. What do you think?

For the second bit, Skursir is up for being the GTC's Republic correspondant. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Guild Relations thread?   Guild Relations thread? EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 8:25 am

Good ideas there Harly. Oh and I'm cool with you being an ambassador for the GTC, assuming that no one else is against the idea or wants to put themselves forward. One thing I will say though is that ideally i need a roleplayer to take the role cause they sometimes do a bit of light RP with ambassadors.

They're a really easy bunch to get on with over there (aside from Raistlin Wink) so it'll be pretty easy work for you. The Praxeum on the other hand may prove to be a bit more difficult as I think they're understandably a bit cautious of our intentions!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Guild Relations thread?   Guild Relations thread? EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 8:30 am

Thanks Boss! If you give me leave to do so, I'd also like to put up the thread with that guild criteria.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Guild Relations thread?   Guild Relations thread? EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 8:32 am

That'd be great mate, thanks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guild Relations thread?   Guild Relations thread? EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 8:34 am

Um, I was hoping that as it was my idea I myself could structure the guilds list. Would that be okay Harl?
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Guild Relations thread?   Guild Relations thread? EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 8:43 am

Maybe one of you could keep the thread updated and the other one could do the guild searching?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guild Relations thread?   Guild Relations thread? EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 8:52 am

That's fine by me, it's just after I made the suggestion I started cobbling something together for it. It's not anywhere near complete but I have a good structure to the list in place – I was just waiting for the word 'go'! lol
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Guild Relations thread?   Guild Relations thread? EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 8:56 am

Of course, it is your idea, but I'd like to see my criteria used please Smile I think it's a good thought.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Guild Relations thread?   Guild Relations thread? EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 9:20 am

You two are way too diplomatic!

...oh, hang on a sec Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Guild Relations thread?   Guild Relations thread? EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 9:26 am

Ok, so its Redwatch's idea and I'll be following him on this one. Though I would much prefer to be the one keeping the thread updated, it is his room to decide and I don't doubt that he can pull this off very well, better than I can probably.

In other news, I am establishing a link with the GTC and I just need your verification that I am indeed from the E.P.O.C.H.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Guild Relations thread?   Guild Relations thread? EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 9:32 am

Before you do mate I just wanna check that everyone is ok with you being ambassador with them. Obviously I don't wanna give the go ahead unless someone else wanted that position. If nobody else wants it then it's yours mate. If not I may have to put it to a vote. Hope thats cool?

Oh and we're not mentioning the EPOCH name until the banner has been worked on and then we officially look the part. Sorry but you know what a fussy git I can be! Razz
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Guild Relations thread?   Guild Relations thread? EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 9:34 am

Of course, I held back from posting my message for this very reason (as I have been in trouble for being hasty before)... But I would like to know what will happen with this guild listing idea.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Guild Relations thread?   Guild Relations thread? EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 9:42 am

Well as it's Red's idea originally I think he should have say on the matter, but lets see what he comes up with and then decide if it's good or not. I'm sure he won't mind you posting the thread up andkeeping it updated but remember to give him credit. Sound fair enough?
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Guild Relations thread?   Guild Relations thread? EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 10:01 am

Of course, he's the leader for this one!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guild Relations thread?   Guild Relations thread? EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 10:08 am

Thanks guys. Is there a way to enable special permissions to allow a specific user to edit a specific thread's original post or something? Or shall we just run and re-run the list throughout the life of the thread?
As for the structure, I don't dislike your criteria Harl, but my initial idea was somewhat different. Here's an example of where my thoughts were going:

The Galactic Trade Commission • RP L/M/H • PvE/PvP • Non-region specific • Non-Force User Guild
The Praxium • RP M/H • PvE/(PvP?) • Non-region specific • Jedi Guild
Eternal Vigilance • RP L/NR • PvE/PvP • Non-region specific • Military/Non-Force User Guild
The Hands of Darkness Guild Relations thread? Tick10 • RP M/H • PvE/PvP • European • Sith/Military Guild

If the above isn't self explanatory then I guess I've failed in my attempts (lol!), but here's the key:
= Neutral
= Republic
= Empire
Guild Relations thread? Tick10 = Confirmed Alliance
RP = Roleplay (L = Light, M = Medium, H = Heavy, NR = not required)
PvE = Player vs Environment
PvP = Player vs Player
*Next bit is likely server region
*Next bit is guild description

How does that look? Cheers.

Last edited by Redwatch on Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guild Relations thread?   Guild Relations thread? Empty

Back to top Go down

Guild Relations thread?