The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? - Page 2 EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? - Page 2 Vote_b10Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? - Page 2 Vote_b11Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? - Page 2 Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? - Page 2 Vote_b10Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? - Page 2 Vote_b11Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? - Page 2 Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? - Page 2 Vote_b1065%Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? - Page 2 Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? - Page 2 Vote_b106%Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? - Page 2 Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? - Page 2 Vote_b1018%Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? - Page 2 Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? - Page 2 Vote_b106%Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? - Page 2 Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? - Page 2 Vote_b100%Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? - Page 2 Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes?

Go down 
+5
Nex Deus
Lunarwolf
Commander Nord
Tando
Sureshot
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes?
Yes
Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? - Page 2 Vote_b1025%Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? - Page 2 Vote_b12
 25% [ 4 ]
No
Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? - Page 2 Vote_b1075%Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? - Page 2 Vote_b12
 75% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes?   Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 10:19 am

Ah yeah, admittedly, there would be a ratio of 3:1:1 of Jedi:Smuggler:Trooper running around, perhaps more on the Jedi side. Not so much with the Sith though as I'd see the bounty hunter and warrior fairly even. I do actually think that the Consular/Inquisitor will probably happen, but none of us can say for sure at this time and we have to look at other possibilities as well...
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes?   Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 10:27 am

I think either way it's going to cause a bit of an uproar. Personally I'm happy cause my 2 chosen classes have already appeared. When it comes to the Republic side of things I was hoping to either play a Jedi and/or a Noble so I'd be content with either, especially if it's a force orientated caster class.

Yup I hate to say it but I've changed my mind looking at the (very loose) evidence.
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes?   Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 10:37 am

I didn't know you were hoping to play a Jedi, Sureshot. You kept that close to your chest! lol
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes?   Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 10:45 am

Oh and to add to this theory even more look at the starter planets and the classes:

Ord Mantell: Smuggler & Trooper
Nal Hutta: Bounty Hunter & Imperial Agent
Tython: Jedi Knight & Jedi Consular (?)
Korriban: Sith Warrior & Sith Inquisitor (?)

Its really starting to become quite impressive evidence the more I think about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes?   Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 10:47 am

That makes sense. The illegal Twi'lek settlers on Tython should make for excellent starter quests for the Consular class.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes?   Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 10:47 am

Harewood wrote:
I didn't know you were hoping to play a Jedi, Sureshot. You kept that close to your chest! lol

LOL, yeah I did mention it a while back but when I saw the Jedi Knight it didn't really appeal to me as I'm not massive on melee combat. As I say though a more force orientated class would be right up my street as I'm sucker for casters in MMO's.
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes?   Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 10:50 am

Not Going To Happen, ever ...ever ...ever ..ever
If you want to reduce the number of Jedi and Sith running about your not going to have 2 seperate force classes, it would be hard to differentiate storywise as well albino
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes?   Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 11:02 am

Yeah but going by mechanics it does make sense to split the 2 types of force users. I totally agree that it is such a waste story-wise but then again BioWare are pretty pro in that area anyway so it could work. In a way I hope you're right but at the same time I can see it working and there does seem to be a bit more evidence pointing toward 4 force users.

As a round up I see this pretty compelling:

4 ranged-based classes, 4 melee-based classes.
2 ranged dps/crowd control classes, 2 stealth/rogue classes, 2 melee dps/tank classes and 2 caster/support classes.
The previously mentioned point about the starter planets, and how the Jedi and Sith still have room for another 2 force users.
It splits up the Jedi and Sith classes so not everyone is playing a melee dps/tank class.
No mention of Yoda or Palpatine as iconic classes as of yet.

Last edited by Sureshot on Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes?   Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 11:06 am

PrioryJK wrote:
Not Going To Happen, ever ...ever ...ever ..ever
If you want to reduce the number of Jedi and Sith running about your not going to have 2 seperate force classes, it would be hard to differentiate storywise as well albino
Haha! Well and respectfully and totally disagree tongue. Why would you assume they want to reduce the number of Jedi and Sith players in a Star Wars game set in the age when they were abound? I'd say that the majority of people who are going to be playing are wanting to live out their Jedi/Sith fantasy and in dividing up the classes into separate camps with different roles you'll make a much more balanced MMO.

And the storylines might be similar, but I think the Knight/Warrior quests will be 'go there and hit that' whereas the Consular/Inquisitor quests will be 'talk to him and brainwash her'.

So it's very very very likely imo! Razz
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes?   Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 12:08 pm

Maybe I mis-spoke............Never ...ever ...ever ...ever. Wink

It would be such a waste, out of all the things they could do go with another Jedi class? why not a Robot class or an engie class(not SW specific but still), they fill up the Jedi class with lots of different types of of mission so you can brainwash whoever you like and they stated that each class has lots of a few subclasses.

....so there!
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes?   Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 4:37 am

I personally don't think there will be a Droid class because to me that sounds more like a species/race choice. Even though I really hope they're playable theres even a good chance that they'll just be companions. As for the subclasses in my opinion we'll be looking at talent trees which work quite well in MMO's and we already know they've used them in the KotOR games. Even though I'm now convinced that 4 Force Users is the way they're going I agree it is a shame. Missing out on a Diplomat class sucks to be honest. I think a lot of people that like a deeper RPing experience would enjoy playing one, myself included.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes?   Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 10:17 am

LOL! Skip this video interview to 1:35. If that isn't a hint I don't know what is!: