The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? Vote_b10Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? Vote_b11Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? Vote_b10Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? Vote_b11Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? Vote_b1065%Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? Vote_b106%Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? Vote_b1018%Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? Vote_b106%Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? Vote_b100%Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes?

Go down 
+5
Nex Deus
Lunarwolf
Commander Nord
Tando
Sureshot
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Yes
Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? Vote_b1025%Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? Vote_b12
 25% [ 4 ]
No
Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? Vote_b1075%Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? Vote_b12
 75% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? Empty
PostSubject: Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes?   Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 8:47 am

Well there's rumour going about the SWTOR.com forums that the "Sith Warrior" is only going to be one of four Force using classes (2 Jedi and 2 Sith). I was just wondering how many of you think this is a possibility (plus we need a new poll!). Razz

Personally I think it's total rubbish and if the last 4 out of 5 classes would be Force users I'd feel we've all been a bit cheated. Opinions?
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Tando
Special Agent
Special Agent
Tando

Number of posts : 1068
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes?   Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 8:52 am

I think it will be more likely that you will specialize in different areas; ie Force user, Lightsaber expertise
Back to top Go down
http://www.evil-wizards.org/swtor-wiki/index.php/Tando_Alums
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes?   Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 9:01 am

Yeah I believe that too, like for example duel wielding will cost your Force usage and vice versa but you won't have to be a different class to do it. Did you put in "yes" then? Cause I put in "no". confused
Back to top Go down
Tando
Special Agent
Special Agent
Tando

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes?   Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 9:04 am

haha yeap I put it in yes, D'oh Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

Number of posts : 1761
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes?   Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 9:10 am

I dont think the will be four force class i hope Sith Warrior is sub class.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes?   Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 9:25 am

Tando wrote:
haha yeap I put it in yes, D'oh Embarassed

Hehehe I did wonder. Wink
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes?   Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 9:41 am

NO FTW! cheers

I'll be the first to admit The Force is very important in SW but I think BW would be selling themselves short if they did something so monumentally dumb.

(Bloody hell, I'm a bit agressive in my opinions today; I'll go eat a kitten to ingest its niceness or something... *munch munch cat munch munch*)
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Nex Deus
Registered
Registered
Nex Deus

Number of posts : 127

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes?   Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 9:51 am

I enjoy using the force as much as any other Jedi or Sith but 4 classes??

seems a bit extreme and excessive if they do that. i vote 2 force classes: Jedi and Sith

dont see much of a reason why they would need 4
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes?   Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 10:08 am

Nex Deus wrote:
I enjoy using the force as much as any other Jedi or Sith but 4 classes??

seems a bit extreme and excessive if they do that. i vote 2 force classes: Jedi and Sith

dont see much of a reason why they would need 4

....and there you have it! Straight from a Force-sensitive! Cheers Nex. Very Happy

Yeah if BW thought some people would be moaning about too many force users running around back then they'd have hell to pay if they brought in another 2 classes that pretty much did the same.

I find the whole idea a bit ludicrous to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes?   Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 10:09 am

Is there any source information on SW:TOR about this? or is it literally just a rumour that was started?
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes?   Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 10:14 am

Just rumour thus far and a few zillion threads of people being wrong about everything. Just another day in the TOR universe really.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes?   Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 4:30 am

Lunarwolf wrote:
(Bloody hell, I'm a bit agressive in my opinions today; I'll go eat a kitten to ingest its niceness or something... *munch munch cat munch munch*)
LMAO! Between me needing to upgrade my empathy module and you chowing down on little kittens; the Republic Dept is in some serious trouble! Haha!

But I've gone and voted a controversial 'yes' on this subject. It feels like the sort of stunt Bioware would pull. If you look at it from a franchise point of view, Star Wars has always focussed on the battle between good and evil as personified in the Jedi and the Sith. Non-force users have always been more of a supporting cast rather than the stars of the SW universe, at least in the movies which is what the vast majority of potential players will only know.

And from the activity on the swtor.com boards it seems like at least half the public want to play a Jedi/Sith, so it stand to reason that (if Bioware have done their research) half the classes would cater to this. And if that is the case then it's probably better that there are a few different variants of the force users. Nobody wants a world of player-clones.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes?   Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 5:20 am

See now that is a reasonable comment in defence of there being 4, unlike some of the others I've seen. However, last time I looked though Bounty Hunter wasn't THAT far behind Sith. Although it may have changed now I agree.

Personally here are the reasons I think there won't be:

1. There are other iconic roles that haven't been covered - Admiral/Senator for example. Personally I was always a big fan of Leia (wonder why? Wink) so I'd be pretty peeved if I couldn't at least play one girlie Star Wars stereotype as and when I'm ready.

2. There's already too many Jedi and Sith about. Ok, I can handle bumping into a few thousand Sith Warriors or Jedi "Guardians" but if I were in a world where it was just completely packed full of them it would smash a hell of a lot of realism out the window for me. I'm sure there were far more Smugglers and especially Troopers about during this time period than there were glowstick ghoulies.

3. It's just not varied enough. Every other class has been pretty different in it's own way. Bounty Hunter & Trooper are similar but look and just 'feel' from what I can see completely different. I hate to say it but 4 classes of pretty much the same thing says to me lack of creativity on BW's part. Not even Game Mechanics can get them out of that little hole!

4. It sounds to be like there will be talent trees where an individual can specialize. In the interview they practically mentioned that there would penalties or benefits depending on how you build your character, much like KotOR I guess. If you duel wield then your Force powers will weaken or if you use one lightsaber then your Force would be stronger but your skills with a lightsaber would be weakened. Although that interview does say that they'd have CC abilities, tanking and DPS I have to wonder if they would bother making a Sith class in the first place if it could barely use the Force. Let's just hope that doesn't mean we've got another 3 of the flashy lightning movey objects types on the horizon.

Don't get me wrong with any of this, I think the Sith Warrior sounds like a kickass class (apart from the "Warrior" part), I just think that there are other interesting classes out there that could attract a lot of people if done correctly. Right now this class just stinks of the slashy-stabby class that everyone plays at first and then gets bored of very quickly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes?   Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 6:01 am

"...glowstick ghoulies" Haha! Love it! I agree that the game would suffer if they are planning on having four Force wielding classes. I personally don't like the idea, but the big fat dollar sign says "give the public what they want". I just hope they ignore it and listen to the voice of common sense saying "Force users were the small minority".

I too still want to see a "noble" class represented. Fingers crossed, eh? lol
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes?   Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 6:13 am

Aye fo' sure. They need a good buffer that can use similar "charm" abilities to the smuggler and basically walk around well dressed, with a stiff upper lip. Hell even give them hacking (or slicing I should say) abilities and voila you have another interesting class that isn't a glowstick ghoulie! Wink
Back to top Go down
Godjera
Registered
Registered
Godjera

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes?   Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 10:16 am

I think it will be 1 each. I'm expecting the final classes to be some sort of support profession such as a medic or mechanic.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes?   Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 10:28 am

Yeah a mechanic as a pet class (droids) or something similar would be pretty neat, but then I suppose we get companions anyway.
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes?   Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 1:38 am

I'm hoping so I want Jylan to be a mechanic/engineer Smile
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes?   Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 9:37 am

I've just been reading this thread and it makes strong suggestions that we may indeed be getting another 2 Force Users - The Jedi Consular & The Sith Inquisitor. Now whilst I agree that this could well be bull**** and I still find it a cop out story-wise, they are 2 classes that I'd personally find interesting to play. As we know we haven't had any mention of Yoda and Palpatine with the Sith Warrior and the Jedi Knight classes, and both characters are absolutely integral to the whole saga.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm starting to wonder now if BW are taking this route as well. Hell I'd love to play a caster type Jedi that is less lightsaber orientated and uses the force as his main ally. Yoda is the bomb! However at the same time I would be very dissapointed that Leia/ Padme's class wouldn't be included.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Tando
Special Agent
Special Agent
Tando

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes?   Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 9:41 am

I'd like it if you get to chose the path (Build) your Sith/Jedi can take.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes?   Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 9:58 am

In my opinion, it all boils down to two choices:

1) Diplomat/Noble (Leia) --- Moff/Officer (Tarkin)

An all possible idea. Perhaps the healing/support class that we've all been waiting for. Leia was definately an iconic class in the movies (not so much as Tarkin it must be said). We've already had some force users so why should be have more? If talent tree goes (DPS/Tank/Support) then this is indeed the most likely option.

2) Consular/Sage (Yoda) --- Inquisitor/Caster (Palpatine)

Perhaps a more possible idea. We all know that the force and lightstick maniacs is by far the iconic part of Star Wars, so more force users are very possible, especially as the warrior and knight seem like very melee classes which could be countered by these classes' ranged capabilities.

With exception of the Agent, all classes have an iconic backing them up which the two above classes do - which makes them the two most likely.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes?   Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 10:00 am

Yeah to me that would've been the obvious solution so that we could have another interesting class such as the Noble/Diplomat/Engineer but the fact that both Yoda and Palpatine are missing from the other 2 class descriptions I'm starting to change my mind a little as to what they'll do. I guess it makes sense that 2 'Caster' classes might make it into the game too. We already have the ranged, the melee, the stealth, so caster to me does seem quite logical.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes?   Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 10:08 am

Harlequin2 wrote:
In my opinion, it all boils down to two choices:

1) Diplomat/Noble (Leia) --- Moff/Officer (Tarkin)

An all possible idea. Perhaps the healing/support class that we've all been waiting for. Leia was definately an iconic class in the movies (not so much as Tarkin it must be said). We've already had some force users so why should be have more? If talent tree goes (DPS/Tank/Support) then this is indeed the most likely option.

Well Tarkin has already been officially named as an inspiration to the Agent along with Zam Wessell so we've already got an iconic character to fit that class.

Oh and to back up the 4 Force Users theory even more, we only really have 2 melee classes to 4 ranged. It would make sense to make the Consular/Inquisitor melee fighters that we more attuned to the force and less warrior classes as such (think Captains from LotRO).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes?   Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 10:09 am

This is good news I recon. I think I've said that I thought there would be 4 force user classes earlier and the Consular/Inquisitor type would enhance group dynamics with lots of buffs I'd imagine. Star Wars is mainly about the Sith/Jedi in starring roles and the unsubtle lightsabre wieldiness of the two revealed classes have disappointed a lot of people. If they do go this route they'll make a lot of people happy whilst proving a needed support class and keeping the expected Force user focus quite strong.

But a noble class is still a great idea and feels to me very much like an expansion pack class at this stage.

Nice find on the SWTOR info btw. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes?   Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 10:15 am

Well to add more theories as to why it's looking more likely at this stage, it would break up the amount of Jedi Knights and Sith Warriors and even out the player base a bit more. With everyone running around as the afore mentioned classes it would get very samey and we could do with some varied dynamics in the support area as Hare mentioned.

Personally I'm definitely all for playing a Jedi Consular as Yoda is my favourite Jedi by far. Yoda
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes?   Do you think there will be 4 Force using classes? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next