The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Life of a swordman EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Life of a swordman EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Life of a swordman EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Life of a swordman EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Life of a swordman EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Life of a swordman EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Life of a swordman EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Life of a swordman EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Life of a swordman EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Life of a swordman Vote_b10Life of a swordman Vote_b11Life of a swordman Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Life of a swordman Vote_b10Life of a swordman Vote_b11Life of a swordman Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Life of a swordman Vote_b1065%Life of a swordman Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Life of a swordman Vote_b106%Life of a swordman Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Life of a swordman Vote_b1018%Life of a swordman Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Life of a swordman Vote_b100%Life of a swordman Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Life of a swordman

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sen Sensui
The Praxeum
The Praxeum

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-08-10

Life of a swordman Empty
PostSubject: Life of a swordman   Life of a swordman EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 10:05 am

The two wooden blades clashed in agreement as the two wielders parried and attack bringing a rheumatic beat into the playing field. A crowd hoarding around the two providing more pressure to the current battle, however one of the two did not seem to mind showing an
innocent smile as he continue to dodge his opponents attacks. The other appeared to be struggling despite having a greater size advantage and the deliberate grunting didn't help either. It only took a few moments until crowd heard a loud thump onto the rough grassy terrain. The countenance of the two wielders came into full view when a figure entered into the tent unveiling the bright setting sun of Tython.

"Thats enough for today, students." The miraluka said as he assisted the large being.

The miraluka knelt down to assist what seem to be a cathar dressed in dark green mulch, besides him stood a the man who defeated him.

"Sorry, it seems I went abit to far in my movements." The man said smiling brushing his gray hair to the side. "Here, let me help you." He said presenting his right hand to the cathar but the only response given was a blunt grunt.

"Its been a long day, why don't we get some rest and start again tomorrow morning. We need somebody to fetch some wood for the fire." The miraluka said as the group surrounding the three began to rise up from their stationary position and scattered as they left the tent.

"Sen, I wish to speak to outside" He said as he offered his hand towards the door.

"Certainly." Sen replied as he entered the door.

The gloomy somber scenery of the tent transformed into the calm and gentle nature of the forest. Sen took a seat near a wooden log a few meters away from the tent; he could see his fellow comrades laying down dozens of wood and disappearing into the forest.

"What is that you wished to speak to me about, Oron" Sen said as teacher took a seat besides him.

"Sen, lately, I have sensed that your are a becoming a bit uneasy with the rest of students, despite your calm appearance. Is there something bother you?" He asked.

It was a strange question to a man who rarely complained in his life but the words of the miraluka were nothing but the truth. Sen could not lie to his beloved master but he certainly did not want to express his emotions on the matter.

"Well, master, I think you worry too much. The problems that I posses is not something that I can not handle, but I am always curious about your intuition. Why do you ask?” Sen replied

"You remind me of how I was during my early years in the Jedi Order. I was rather impatient but as a Jedi I had to learn to suppress them to prevent them from consuming me." He said glaring at the open sky with a blank stare.

"Yes, I do recall you telling this story to us before, I can't imagine a person like you would leave the order just to teach a group of orphans on how to use the sword. Anyway its just that I do not feel like I am developing my skills as a swordsman. It is frustrating." Sen replied.

"The life of a swordsman is not about how well you swing a sword but how well your heart matches with it. I left the order to teach others who have no discipline with the force this way they can better themselves as a people." Oron said.

"The fire is ready master." A zabrak said behind the roaring fire.

"Shall we join them." Oron said as he began to stand up.

"Yes...of course." Sen replied still thinking of his teacher's words.

{...}

"Watch your footing." Oron said as he watched one of his students fumbling through the dense forest.

It was the late afternoon and the humid atmosphere was not so forgiving especially when none of the students were wearing any footwear. They were all deep in the forest away from their camp site. The students were still drowsy and rather agitated at the current task at hand. A fellow student turned missing after the early morning jog through the woods and everyone was out on a rescue mission to find him. Sen was farther away from the rest of the group and the only companion had with him was his crafted sword resting within his sheath. He could not believe someone got lost in the forest especially when Oron, his master, specifically told his students not to venture out too far. He could not even understand why Oron was so forgiving.

"Maybe this is another lesson for us to learn, but there is not much time to think about that." Sen thought to himself as he brushed off the ferns resting on his shoulder.

Suddenly the bushes came alive as Sen observed whispering from behind the bushes. Sen could not identify the voices but he knew from the start that there was something wrong. His answer came to him when he found himself feeling a lingering sensation in his body that pushed on to the tree.

"What was that." Sen thought to himself as he quickly drew out his blade from behind. However, his reaction was compromised when he found his blade kissing a glowing red blade.

"Where is the Jedi Temple" A black figured sneered behind the humming blade. Sen did not respond and how could he? His only focus now was preventing this red glowing stick from slicing into his blade and him. Despite this he became distracted when he found the frighten young boy scurried away from the two.

"[b]Go and find Oron, quickly![/i]" Sen hollered as he struggled to defend himself.

The match felt like eternity moving from one side of the forest to the other. Sen continued on in defense and despite his inability to advance he slowly became accustomed to the
strange movements of his opponent. At some points he could feel something guiding him as blocked each attack. The battle ended when the red blade sliced threw Sen's sword flinging bits of metal flew into his face. His face was now painted in spots of red looking as eerie as his face resembled the darkness of his perpetrator. Fear and anxiety consumed Sen wondering if this was going to be his end. Maybe if he stayed closer to the rest of the group instead of going off on his own he would not have been in this situation. Even though his master looked highly of him at the moment Sen felt sicken of the title.

The blade came to a stand still as Sen noticed a second humming sound besides his face Oron had come to deliver him from his enemy and for him it didn't take that long to drive him away. Oron help Sen to rise up from his feet the dirty floor still clinging on Sen's white robe.
Once Sen got up on his feet he found the students crowding around him asking about what had just happened.

"Was that a Sith, master?" One of his students asked.

"No, I do not believe so his movements are similar but there was battle for control within him. He was more likely controlled by someone. I am not even sure how a Sith would even know of this place, if he were one." Oron said deactivating his saber.

"But Sen you have done well I apologize for not coming sooner." Oron said smiling at his injured student. "Let just prepare for dinner here while we at, I believe you all have earned it" He said.

Those simple words was a great relieve as the entire group responded by voluntarily falling onto the ground with delight give rest to their blistered feet. The only one standing up was Sen still puzzled by the sudden events today.

"I need to speak with you master." Sen said as he called his master away from the group.

"What is that you would like to speak to me about, Sen." He asked.

"For some reason master during my confrontation I felt something guiding me as I tried to defend myself. It was faint but I am certain there was somebody else out there.” Sen responded

Oron responded with a chuckle.

What is so funny?” Sen asked whipping the dirt from his eyes.

My, my Sen. You have felt the touch of the Force guiding you I was waiting for a moment like this.” He said.

Why is that master, I have never felt anything like it and besides why would the Force help me when I never asked for help” Sen asked.

The Force is a living entity, Sen, it does what it chooses and I can not tell why it helped you at that moment, maybe the Force is calling you.” Oron replied

What was Oron implying with these words? Was he asking Sen to leave the life of the sword to become a Jedi especially since Oron himself left the Order? Why would he ask Sen to join after all that Sen has learned from Oron?

"I do not think I need to take such a great jump like this, I am comfortable with where I am." Sen said.

"To continue your training as a swordman you must have a better understanding of the Force for with all the things that I have taught comes from it." Oron replied with a much

I will think about it.” Sen responded softly.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Life of a swordman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life of a swordman   Life of a swordman EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 1:16 pm

Great read, Sen! Thanks for taking the time to share it with us ^^

It's nice to know that not every Jedi is supremely confidient, that they have doubts and uncertainty, just like us non-force users!

I think Oron knows more than he is letting on though Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Sen Sensui
The Praxeum
The Praxeum

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-08-10

Life of a swordman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life of a swordman   Life of a swordman EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 3:35 pm

Thank you for the reply, I hope to use Oron as my companion on TOR Very Happy. He will be the wise uncle on the trip.
Back to top Go down

Life of a swordman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life of a swordman   Life of a swordman EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 2:26 am

Bravo Sen! A cracking good read! You set up a great rustic atmosphere with the forest details and the open fires and tents. Sounds like a place I wouldn't mind spending a few days at! Very Happy

I hope you'll be good enough to share with us any further stories about your character's journey. I really look forward to learning more about Sen!
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

Life of a swordman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life of a swordman   Life of a swordman EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 2:57 am

Interesting story Sen, its nice to see a Jedi who left the Order not goingrectly to the Dark side Wink
Back to top Go down
Randomfest
Freelancer
Freelancer
Randomfest

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2010-06-02

Life of a swordman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life of a swordman   Life of a swordman EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 11:03 pm

I like your character its nice to see a swordsman that doesn't wield a beam of pure energy ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Life of a swordman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life of a swordman   Life of a swordman Empty

Back to top Go down

Life of a swordman
Page 1 of 1