The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 Vote_b10The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 Vote_b11The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 Vote_b10The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 Vote_b11The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 Vote_b1065%The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 Vote_b106%The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 Vote_b1018%The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 Vote_b106%The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 Vote_b100%The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

The Hyperion Discussion Thread

Go down 
+23
Dugo
Caryington
Darth'Ishad
Viking
Orion Centrus
Sharasvar
Charada
Rasper Karger
Typho Raame
Kol
Dante Demens
PrometheuX
Andariun
Sen Sensui
Sureshot
Godjera
Harlequin2
PrioryJK
nosyd
zoran
Commander Nord
Lunarwolf
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Charada
Agent
Agent
Charada

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-10-04

The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 3:28 am

I saw it, I couldn't really go any further without your post Wink
Back to top Go down
Typho Raame
Galactic Trade Commission
Typho Raame

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 3:31 am

Aye, I also saw it. However, the meetings were already over by the time I got on and was able to post, so, I understand your annoyance, as I am also slightly annoyed myself.
Back to top Go down
http://tradecommission.darkbb.com
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 3:51 am

Yeah, I have to apologise guys, that was written primarily in frustration and I hope I didn't offend anyone :S

I was just coming back to this in the hope of getting my part done and getting back in there to watch / help with the negociations only to see it was all over.

Now I have Aleena IC doing a job that is unneccesary, even though she doesn't know it yet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 7:18 am

Typho Raame wrote:
Well, I'll be damned. Already over and I got two posts in... That happened very fast. I think we should waited for different people to post, hm? I mean, I AM the leader of my party there, and didn't have much of a say. It's not that I'm complaining, but, if we could have waited for each person to do a post, then continue on, instead of two or three people maintaining a constant amount of posts, and leaving others behind, then perhaps the negotiations would have ended out better.

I agree there was a lot of fast posting toward the end and I was one of the culprits, so for that I apologise. Again though I have to act in character and "The Falleen" is supposed to be a ruthless, 'take no @%&#', kinda guy and whilst he would have no problem being disrepected by Typho (as he sees him as an equal) he definitely would have a problem with a arms dealer/salesman coming in, killing one of his staff and then bad mouthing him. Unfortunately I was playing OOC a little bit there by not ordering the agency to dispose of him on the spot, which would've no doubt left the situation in a firefight. I honestly believe that ending negotiations was the right decision.

Quote :
By the way, Sureshot, my bad on the Pheromones part. I should have said that Typho knew that Falleen had that ability, and that they wouldn't work on him, if he tried to use them. He didn't actually know if the Falleen used them or not. That's what I meant to say, but, I got a bit distracted, and forgot what I was meaning to say. My apologies.

No worries bud, I should've left a a message explaining what they do anyway in all fairness but the posts were coming thick and heavy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 8:34 am

Charada have you got a personal description of your character? I was going to speak with him but I can't find anything that describes his physical appearance.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 10:12 am

Sureshot wrote:
Charada have you got a personal description of your character? I was going to speak with him but I can't find anything that describes his physical appearance.

Also if we can get one of those I can add you into the front of the "Hyperion Characters" post.
Back to top Go down
Dante Demens
Dante Demens

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-09-28

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 10:14 am

well, personally, after a while i understanded negociations were impossible, due to a simple personality imcompatibility. things were already going haywire well before that so >.>

i never pretended anywhere that dante was a good negociator Razz

things could have been worst tho, knowing the falleen attitude and the character i was rp'ing before dante (phyrex the cyborg), the falleen would have probably dropped a comment on his status and IC i would have jmup on him to kill him (in past rp ive killed for less then that)

so considering the participant personality, things didint ended too bad Razz

id just like to say that at the start, SS wanted only a finger but on the chatbox i asked for the hand, its easier to replace than a finger, and it would have made the day of me and mandrayk (the action of making a new one and surgically putting it) it would also have been a good reminder of what happened Razz but i guess i should have warned somes of my plan >.>

out of curiosity, what was the "unnessary" job aleena has to do ?
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 10:17 am

Dante Demens wrote:

Just get a load of Hired Guns together and on the first floor as insurance incase things got violent.

Seeing as the negociations are over, they're not needed.

I'll be at the bar Razz
Back to top Go down
Dante Demens
Dante Demens

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 10:20 am

haha ok.

i have to say tho, and i find that really funny, in the rp theres a moment where skursir himself say that my craft is quite good and well superior to what epoch have access (debatable opinion, probably written to help the rp) but the thought still make me laugh, now negociations are over but everyone know that as far as a cocky prick i am, im still a master craftsman Razz
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 10:35 am

Dante Demens wrote:

things could have been worst tho, knowing the falleen attitude and the character i was rp'ing before dante (phyrex the cyborg), the falleen would have probably dropped a comment on his status and IC i would have jmup on him to kill him (in past rp ive killed for less then that)

Well you had to expect that kind of reaction. You came into his club killed one of his staff and then blew the deal by personally attacking him. Men have died for less! Oh and btw we don't kill other peoples characters in RP 'cause it's wrong and in my eyes bad roleplay, and personally attacking my character like that in his own club would be a very foolish thing to do.

Quote :

That would be telling. Wink
Back to top Go down
Dante Demens
Dante Demens

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 10:41 am

well, phyrex was prone to little burst of blinding rage when people were touching the soft spot of mistaking him for a rust-bucket Wink you have to admit its not really that far from the falleen arrogance tho, some misplaced words and things go wrong.

anyway, dosent matter since that man dosent exist anymore. and you're late, lunar already told me for the job Razz

now that the thing is finished, may i know what i should have being supposed to do ? little mistake goes and then skursir play guards stopping me and interogating me and then attack them...if even the ambassador attacks the guard, what am i suppose to think of them Razz ? even there i kept my cool and simply immobilized them (i even mention the cut to the neck wasent deadly, and later suggested that since it was a clawdite, maybe that injury shouldnt have been taken into account at all). but then little mistake from skursir >.>

anyway, i just want suggestions of alternative option for that very situation Razz

edit : ill clarify the last question is mere curiosity, i just realized some people wouldnt take it very well >.>
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 11:04 am

Dante, I feel like you're trying to shift the blame of the situation onto Skursir for the deal being called off. I'm going to defend my character a bit and say that he did the honorable thing and barrelled into a guard to let you escape (not intending to harm anyone). You instead decided to take them all down with brutal efficiency and your post made it look like you nearly killed one. But as they many posts before said, the clash of strong personalities were the main reasons for bad negotiations.

Now that I've had may say, I'd like end the topic on: "How the negotiations failed" lest we strike up a big arguement.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 11:05 am

Dante Demens wrote:
well, phyrex was prone to little burst of blinding rage when people were touching the soft spot of mistaking him for a rust-bucket Wink you have to admit its not really that far from the falleen arrogance tho, some misplaced words and things go wrong.

Yup he is an arrogant fellow and thats how he's RP'd, he's also a cold and unforgiving individual that in no way woudl take that kind of an insult without reprisal. Razz

Quote :
now that the thing is finished, may i know what i should have being supposed to do ? little mistake goes and then skursir play guards stopping me and interogating me and then attack them...if even the ambassador attacks the guard, what am i suppose to think of them Razz ? even there i kept my cool and simply immobilized them (i even mention the cut to the neck wasent deadly, and later suggested that since it was a clawdite, maybe that injury shouldnt have been taken into account at all). but then little mistake from skursir >.>

Well I think Harly knows he should'nt have done that but he sure as hell didn't kill/disable a staff member Haha! I'm sorry but if you arrive to make a deal selling items to someone and go about it in the way that Dante foolishly did then you must've expected that we'd retaliate?[/quote]

Quote :
anyway, i just want suggestions of alternative option for that very situation Razz

Here's what could have been avoided in my eyes:

Dante killing/disabling (I'm not sure what he did now because the post got changed) a member of the Falleen's staff.
Knowing that he was a wanted man Dante should've waited outside and had direct contact via commlink with Typho to arrange the deal.
Insulting the Falleen (who I may add he's selling the weapons too) after all the commotion he caused wasn't the best of moves.

Thats what I would've done personally. Also you seem to have godmodded it a bit and assumed the bouncers would give him back his weapon. Wink
Back to top Go down
Dante Demens
Dante Demens

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 11:13 am

to harly, sorry for the confusion man, i get that often, im not blaming you or skursir, i was just calling upon a different point of view to get an idea how i could have done thing differently, gotta learn from my mistake heh? Razz

to sureshot : we all know things escalated mistake over mistake, cant fix that. im just truely curious how i was suppose to react to many big guards blocking me and asking me question when im part of a crime syndicate (in my first post i actually try to talk my way out of them, and then the guards get attacked by the man that was suppose to bring me to the head of epoch, im honestly not blaming anyone, i know its a mistake from harly, i also did some, but if i cant even trust him, then who ? IC i had no way of knowing they were part of the staff when even skursir jump on them) anyway, sorry for the commotion. my only regret is that the falleen probably wont accept apologies anytime soon, thats lame, the bar is a nice place.

and SS, about my weapon and the bouncer, i had my share of problems for today, and dante's gear are a center piece of his personality, having to go throught more problems to get them back would be adding insults to injuries, be happy i mentionned the big tips Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 11:18 am

A wise sage once said, "Do not feed the trolls".

Let's drop the subject shall we?
Back to top Go down
Dante Demens
Dante Demens

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 11:21 am

rofl, i dont care, its up to your boss
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 11:38 am

Harewood wrote:
A wise sage once said, "Do not feed the trolls".

Let's drop the subject shall we?

"Say and it shall be done". It's ok it's sorted now.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 11:40 am

I agree with Red and Sureshot. Though there are still some points I want to argue about, it's better left alone in case we start a melee.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 12:12 pm

Harlequin2 wrote:
I agree with Red and Sureshot. Though there are still some points I want to argue about, it's better left alone in case we start a melee.

Agreed. I've taken steps to make sure the RP rules aren't broken again anyway. Let's get on with the show 'cause I want to meet our latest recruits!!!
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 1:09 pm

Just sent this to the Sith'ari Path:

I would like to send this invitation to all members of the Sith'ari Path. We (the EPOCH), invite you to the Hyperion. It is a luxurious 4-story high building, staffed by waiters, barkeeps, droids, dancers and security guards. Out of character, it is a Freeform Roleplaying thread that allows people to drop in and out with not much (if any) responsibility to keep going. It is a social roleplaying thread rather than an action one (though we have had our fair share of running and jumping). Here is a summary from it's creator Lunarwolf:

"The The Hyperion is a new andmore upper-class establishment than most Cantinas, found in the heartof Coruscant during the time of the ATC Restoration period. Secretlyrun and funded by Agents of The E.P.O.C.H. it welcomes all customerswith only two rules:

1. Civility is key. Violence will be met with deadly reprisal.
2. Political-free zone. Empire and Republic, Jedi and Sith. All are welcome and have rights of elyzium within the walls." - Lunarwolf

Here is a link to the Hyperion: clicky
This is a perfect opportunity to introduce our two guilds to each other, as well as get across some quality roleplaying! See you all at the bar!
- H2
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 1:17 pm

Great idea! Thanks Harly. Hopefully our Sith friends will come and join in, I'd love to meet them. Smile
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 1:27 pm

I've already had a guarentee that someone will come after their current RP is finished Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 1:50 pm

Sureshot, is the Falleen just ignoring/interrupting my character or did you not notice I had posted in all the hubub yesterday? Razz
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 2:56 pm

(Assuming my connection holds in this rain; yeah it really DOES affect it, lol) I'll post this eve Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 3:27 pm

Apologies for the double-post, but I just realised I should never go into journalism.

Sure, I just twisted what the Falleen said to fit my own ends - sorry! Embarassed

Its like ITV-news editing :S
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hyperion Discussion Thread   The Hyperion Discussion Thread - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Hyperion Discussion Thread
Page 9 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next