The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 Vote_b10Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 Vote_b11Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 Vote_b10Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 Vote_b11Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 Vote_b1065%Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 Vote_b106%Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 Vote_b1018%Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 Vote_b100%Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Aliens vs. Predator

Go down 
+9
Smudge
Nex Deus
Harlequin2
PrioryJK
Godjera
Tando
nosyd
Lunarwolf
Sureshot
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator   Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 11:55 am

Aye yeah I've seen that. Here's some pics from the set:

Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 Predators011710

Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 Predators2011710

Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 Predator3011710

Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 Predator4011710
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator   Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 12:31 pm

Seems there are only a set number of images in circulation then...still, the video had some interesting insights though, I like the fact there is a team of people from all over the world that the Pred's are chasing...kinda reminds me of Predator meets Battle Royale Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Charada
Agent
Agent
Charada

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator   Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 10:39 am

So if I'm reading this right.. Am I the only one who's gonna be a Predator?! xD
Back to top Go down
Registered
Registered

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2010-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator   Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 2:55 pm

I've checked most videos concerning this game and I am a big fan of the Predator/Alien movies (the Alien VS Predator movies... not so much). I think it's going to be great reliving the old movies and games with new mechanics and new possibilities.

To play a Marine would be pretty much any other FPS with added fear and well awesomeness but I believe that I will most probably play a Predator. Ever since the Predator in the forrest and in the city (although the second one verged on silly) with it's stealth and incredible ways of killing I've been in love with these sophisticated hunt aliens!

I believe I would equally enjoy playing an Alien however, eating marines brains or even playing a facehugger! Mwaha!

Like someone said before me... It's game over man! It's game over!

PS: Vent plus this game would be wicked!
Back to top Go down
Charada
Agent
Agent
Charada

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator   Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 4:54 pm

I'm interested more about their honour and tradition, I find it quite interesting. However, for me, Aliens feels disgusting to me, sure, I wouldn't mind playing one but I rather be a predator and killing people in the dark using tools and weapons rather than being the brain eating Xenamorphs.
Back to top Go down
Registered
Registered

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator   Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 5:39 pm

Charada wrote:
I'm interested more about their honour and tradition, I find it quite interesting. However, for me, Aliens feels disgusting to me, sure, I wouldn't mind playing one but I rather be a predator and killing people in the dark using tools and weapons rather than being the brain eating Xenamorphs.

Honour and tradition is an appealing subject. Aliens are disgusting, that's a fact, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't play them. Sometimes it's fun to revel and dance on the corpses and intenstines of marines, wouldn't you agree? It is strictly a mood thing though.
Back to top Go down
Charada
Agent
Agent
Charada

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator   Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 1:23 am

36809 wrote:
Charada wrote:

Honour and tradition is an appealing subject. Aliens are disgusting, that's a fact, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't play them. Sometimes it's fun to revel and dance on the corpses and intenstines of marines, wouldn't you agree? It is strictly a mood thing though.

I will play Aliens and enjoy it but I've always been a predator man myself.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator   Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 5:05 am

It should also be noted that the Predators don't find Aliens disgusting; in fact the have what could be considered the ultimate respect for them (from a Predator's perspective at least).

They got what was already a deadly killer and modified them through breeding programs and genetic modification to make them the most challenging prey imaginable.

Thats pretty much "two-thumbs up", predator-style Smile
Back to top Go down
Registered
Registered

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator   Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 10:46 pm

One thing that the marines have though, is Weyland-Yutani which is a classic evil corporation and that's incredibly appealing!
Back to top Go down
Smudge
Agent
Agent
Smudge

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2010-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator   Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 3:45 am

Erm....Ouch
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator   Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 3:57 am

Smudge wrote:
Erm....Ouch

I'm not surprised tbh, the trailers did show some very linear Predator gameplay and trying to do 3 seperate campaigns and making them work is a an ask when you rarely get one movie franchise game with a good single player campaign.

The multiplayer isnt that bad though although far from perfect (look up balance Rebellion!) so if you guys are getting it I'll be tempted to shell out £17
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator   Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 11:05 am

Well I've already pre-ordered it, even if I STILL can't play the demo Razz
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator   Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 12:37 pm

There's always at least one bad review... I notice that this person didn't praise anything such as the fact you can play as all three races, infestation and predator hunt modes, as well that it has a good storyline (at least from what I've seen). Sure, it can get repetetive with the Marine section, but so can Crackdown or Assassin's Creed - but they're still awesome games. And of course it takes a few slashes to kill someone, otherwise, it would be too easy to complete the game and even canonically, an Alien can slash a few times and you can survive. (Positive rant over now).

In any case, I'm going the whole hog with £40 for the Xbox version. It deserves it in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator   Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 10:11 am

Sorry to double post, but I've played the demo on the X360. I'm happy to report that it's great fun! It is quite slow sometimes hunting out your foe, and the well executed tension bolsters them (though the Marine has the most tense time as the surroundings are noticably darker). The map is structured really well though. Although it's easy for the Predator to cheat by getting a plasmacaster and hide up on one of the ceiling pipes sniping the enemy from extreme safety.

As far as balance goes, only 2 Predators are allowed, so something must be said about unfairness there (but from my experiance, they're even unless performing sneaky tactics like above). Other than that, it's pretty balanced - I think each race won the same amount of times.

And for fun, each to their own here, but I prefer Aliens or Predator. I tried out the throwing spear with the Predator and managed to pin an enemy to the ground from above. There's also traps (which made a cool blast) and throwing disks which really saved my skin many times dispite being fairly inaccurate. Alien is indeed disorientating when first played, you get used to it, but sometimes, you still don't know if you're up or down. It's very satisfying though to leap from no-where and execute a grab (essentially a one-kill move) which can take the shape of sticking your tail through the torso or unleashing your tongue on them.

All in all, for just one map and one mode, it's extremely fun and satisfying when you take down both predator and alien locked in finishing move with your rifle, accurately snipe a foe from range with your plasmacaster and in so many other situations.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator   Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 10:57 am

I'm looking forward to gunning down some Xeno's once my copy drops through the door, I can tell ya Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

Number of posts : 1761
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator   Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 8:27 am

AvP Review not that good only 7/10
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator   Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 8:41 am

Lord_Nord wrote:
AvP Review not that good only 7/10

I'll reserve judgement thanks Very Happy

Just a thought....

I know some of us (i.e. Sureshot & I at the very least) are purchasing this game through Play.com and I suspect some of us are buying it through Steam or some other digital download source.

We're gonna need some way to co-ordinate though; and I recommend the EPOCH Agency Steam Group that Nord set up to do this. Even if you don't own the game on steam, you can add it as a "non-steam game" by going into your "MY GAMES" tab, and clicking "Add Non-Steam Game" down at the bottom of the page.

That way we'll all know when each other is online and ready to go.

We can also use this account to set up matches via the "Schedule An Event" option.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator   Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 9:43 am

Yeah thats what I was thinking. Would be much easier to coordinate things that way. I'll be lucky if I get enough time to play the actual game when its released though which really sucks. Sad
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator   Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 9:50 am

Well my copy still hasn't arrived yet, which is unusual for Play.com - I got Dragon Age and ME2 a day before the official store release date, which is more their usual style.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator   Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 10:48 am

My brothers just bought it for teh Xbox and I just watched him complete the first level. I have to say it looks pretty awesome! Playing as the Alien still looks like an epic headache though.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator   Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 11:02 am

Just bought it, playing it tomorrow though as I have family round and I don't think an Alien devouring a screaming human with it's tongue (seriously, Giger has some crazy ideas...) would break the ice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator   Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 11:13 am

Harlequin2 wrote:
I don't think an Alien devouring a screaming human with it's tongue (seriously, Giger has some crazy ideas...) would break the ice.

You're absolutely right! About Giger's crazyness at least - and probably about it not being the best of ice breakers! lol He was a complete pervert - as many of his sketches and posters have proven over the years - but what would you expect from a guy whose facehuggers are the very incarnation of rape! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator   Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 2:33 pm

So what are you thoughts for those that have played it? No spoilers for the campaigns please! Wink

Personally I enjoy the single player game (especially as the Alien) but I can't help but be dissapointed in the multiplayer for some reason. As much fun as it is running around sticking tongues through peoples heads I do get the impression that a lot of it is fluke! Well maybe thats just in my case. tongue
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator   Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 2:49 pm

Well tbh I've not played MP yet....except for when Tando, PJK and I killed an unbelievably large amount of Aliens in Survival mode!

The SP is great, and has actually made me jump a few times!

I'm well up for for a MP at some point though, as Ive not tried that yet.

I hope they'll be adding more content to it, whether "official" or "custom" especially seeing as survival mode only has 2 maps! (thats a little weak in this day and age, but then again I might have been spoiled with L4D / L4D2).
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator   Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 3:01 pm

Yeah from what I can see there isn't much in the way of maps but I'll be interested to see what downloadable content becomes available.

I'm having incredible issues playing as the Pred though. I really can't get the hang of it. Saying that I've only played one mission with him so I guess I just need the practice.

When are you guys next on? I'll try and have a game with you if I get any time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator   Aliens vs. Predator - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Aliens vs. Predator
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next