The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Character Development EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Character Development EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Character Development EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Character Development EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Character Development EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Character Development EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Character Development EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Character Development EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Character Development EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Character Development Vote_b10Character Development Vote_b11Character Development Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Character Development Vote_b10Character Development Vote_b11Character Development Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Character Development Vote_b1065%Character Development Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Character Development Vote_b106%Character Development Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Character Development Vote_b1018%Character Development Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Character Development Vote_b100%Character Development Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Character Development

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Character Development Empty
PostSubject: Character Development   Character Development EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 4:45 am

I thought I'd start a new character thread where people can discuss their ideas about new or old characters they're working on, or maybe even how their current characters are progressing. This might also be helpful for any tips or advice on building a character.

Ok, tp start things off I'll begin with a new character I'm working on. First off he's a Nautolan and I'm not sure what name I'm going with yet. To be honest I really would like to see more information on Nautolan's other than what Wookieepedia has already provided (which isn't very much!). Faction-wise I'm looking at Sith for this guy, cause it'll probably suit his personality and I would like him as an outcast Bounty Hunter.

I'm actually planning on starting him off as a rival not only to the "The Falleen" but to most of the agency too. I thought it might be interesting to shake things up a bit in the roleplay department, and it gives me an extra back-up plan if the already unlikely Falleen isn't a playable race in the game! Wink

I'm thinking of giving him his own 'rival agency', and if anyone has an evil(ish) character and they're a bit stuck with not knowing what to do with them, then I was going to suggest they're more than welcome to join him. Eventually as time progresses I would like to see the majority of his agency (NPC's only) destroyed by our guild in some pretty awesome RP that may expand over a few stories. In the end I'd like to see him and the remainder of his agents surrender to the Falleen and of course, you! Of course the Falleen wouldn't be st00pid enough to turn down an opportunity to hire the remaining agents and voila, the agency grows. This time though we now have a new darker, more threatening side added to mix.

If we do decide to start a 2nd department (and I'm not going into this for fear of brain-melt), then I thought it might be a nice way to get those Neutral-Sith characters in. Cool

Thoughts?....
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Character Development   Character Development EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 4:58 am

Aye, he sounds great for a character concept and I think "Falleen's Boyz" are up for a little competetion!

I was not too sure what way I wanted to go with Xen prior to her joining up with The Man With The Plan, so if you want to (RP wise) form a rival agency, count her in.....just dont play a Jedi around her Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Character Development   Character Development EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 5:20 am

Cheers, glad you like the idea. I really want to play a Nautolan character cause the only time we've really seen them is the form of Kit Fisto, who I think would be so much cooler as a Sith anyway! Especially after seeing him in the Clone Wars cartoon.

I've still got a ton of stuff to finish with Creed and the Falleen which I'll get working on as soon as I can, but after that I'm free to make a start on him. Really looking forward to it actually. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Character Development   Character Development EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 5:22 pm

Sureshot wrote:

Ok, tp start things off I'll begin with a new character I'm working on. First off he's a Nautolan and I'm not sure what name I'm going with yet. To be honest I really would like to see more information on Nautolan's other than what Wookieepedia has already provided (which isn't very much!). Faction-wise I'm looking at Sith for this guy, cause it'll probably suit his personality and I would like him as an outcast Bounty Hunter.

Any updates on this fella, chief?

With the thought of a possbile Nautolan Bounty Hunter, does this mean its a viable option Creed may be a Smuggler? He'd look good in a duster and goggles....
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Character Development   Character Development EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 12:19 pm

Well Smuggler is looking the most likely so far for Creed. The new reveal impressed me enough. Wink

No news on the Nautolan as of yet. I really frickin' wish BioWare woudl get their act together and start revealing some playable species. I just don't wanna go ahead and start another wiki only to be let down by the fact that the race I want to play won't be available.

TALK TO ME BIOWARE! TELL ME YOUR DREAMS!!!!
Back to top Go down
nosyd
Freelancer
Freelancer
nosyd

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2009-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Character Development   Character Development EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 1:24 pm

I'm working on creating a background and personality for my character Jens Jutoon. I've created a few before for other games, but for some reason I'm finding it harder for this game. Maybe it's because I'm such a big Star Wars fan, I want to get it just right and so thats making it harder for me. I'm not the best a creating and writting stories either, but I will persevear. I once found a sort of roleplayers form to fill in, it helped you in creating your characters, but I can't find it anymore. Does anyone know of any good sources to help me with my character creation, please?
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Character Development   Character Development EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 1:46 pm

I tend to just use Wookiepedia, to be honest.

However, a lot of pen'n'paper rpgs (especially the older ones from the late 80s / early 90s) give great examples on how to work out back histories for characters.

I remember Cyberpunk 2020's 'Lifepath' being especially good for this, you could use it as a framework for your character's history for pretty much any sci-fi game/story and then fill in the blanks and pad it out some.

Here, maybe this will be of some help?
Back to top Go down
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

Number of posts : 1761
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Character Development   Character Development EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 2:33 pm

Iam working on making one familiy how is split in war. The last name is Nord and they will come from Naboo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Character Development   Character Development EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 2:37 am

I've been toying with an idea for a new character. All mine so far are fresh young guns at the start of their adventures to reflect the fact that as they are intended to be played in game and shaped by it. The whole journey to greatness thing. My new character I intend to use solely on the boards.

I'm thinking of a veteran type not quite past his prime involved in diplomacy (no, don't laugh) or more likely administration, possibly even the guild's internal affairs. Something that will allow me to use him as a canvas for dropping hints and insights of my other characters' RP activities and developments. Inspired by the lotro character journals this may take the form of personal logs and reports.

It's an idea in it's infancy but a one that appeals to me as it's free from the race/class strictures of in-game character builds. And I luhve to roleplay. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Character Development   Character Development EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 5:44 am

Don't blame ya, Red.

I did a very similar think with Lady Nalia Jeth, she's not intended to be played but only exists in short-stories and rp, as a point of contact between my characters.

Not gone as far as actually RP'ing her as a character though, all kudos to you for that!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Character Development   Character Development EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 7:07 am

I'm working on a backstory for my Jedi character who became disillusioned the order during the war after loosing two apprentices. After receiving a vision in the force he returns to the order and what not.
Back to top Go down
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

Number of posts : 1761
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Character Development   Character Development EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 8:36 am

I have decide on the name on my charecters pre history about family and the charecter will come soon.

Aquiline Nord (Rebel Officer in Galactic Republic)
Ketene Nord (Unknown class, but Sith)
Constantine Nord (Jedi Knight)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Development   Character Development Empty

Back to top Go down

Character Development
Page 1 of 1