The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
It Takes A Certain Character... EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
It Takes A Certain Character... EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
It Takes A Certain Character... EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
It Takes A Certain Character... EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
It Takes A Certain Character... EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
It Takes A Certain Character... EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
It Takes A Certain Character... EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
It Takes A Certain Character... EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
It Takes A Certain Character... EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
It Takes A Certain Character... Vote_b10It Takes A Certain Character... Vote_b11It Takes A Certain Character... Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
It Takes A Certain Character... Vote_b10It Takes A Certain Character... Vote_b11It Takes A Certain Character... Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
It Takes A Certain Character... Vote_b1065%It Takes A Certain Character... Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
It Takes A Certain Character... Vote_b106%It Takes A Certain Character... Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
It Takes A Certain Character... Vote_b1018%It Takes A Certain Character... Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
It Takes A Certain Character... Vote_b106%It Takes A Certain Character... Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
It Takes A Certain Character... Vote_b100%It Takes A Certain Character... Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

It Takes A Certain Character...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

It Takes A Certain Character... Empty
PostSubject: It Takes A Certain Character...   It Takes A Certain Character... EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 11:14 pm

... to be a member of E.P.O.C.H.

So yeah, It's stupid o'clock in the morning over here in not-so-sunny England and I'm slightly inebriated but after reading countless amounts of guild boards full of useless members I'm glad that we're this small in number and still providing the "RP Goods". We have members come and go but for the few that are left standing, it's awesome! With a small guild such as this we're still considered by most other guilds as a "powerhouse" in our field, which I dunno about you, but it feels sweet to me.

It's actually got to the point that I'm happy with the band of scummy mercs and agents that we've gathered that I'm thinking about calling off recruiment until the game starts. I think we've got at least the amount we need to form a guild and all of you have the right mentality on how a guild should work, so what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Witya
Agent
Agent
Witya

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2010-08-30

PostSubject: Re: It Takes A Certain Character...   It Takes A Certain Character... EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 2:27 am

I would say "Aye!"

I've made small summary of last applicants, and the final conclusion was, that each of them had some willing to be part of the guild, but they had the same problem that finally lead to little or none activity - NO SWTOR CHARACTER.

It was the third or 4th time when I was sending the RP ideas, trying to help develop any playable character and it ended without any results. I think that joining E.P.O.C.H. With notching more than possible name & class is not enough. It means someone didn't spent even minute to think about his potential EPOCH Agent. If we have someone with even partly shaped character I can even start an "initiate forum RP" that will be the first visible test for the candidate. We don't have to wait for chat RP. But at least I need ANY initiative from the applicant side.

So my idea is to change little bit the rules of recruitment. You have to have at least RP character to join the trial period. The best and most welcome would be to present actual main character that wants to join EPOCH. This way we will have people that care about the application and spend some time over it.

But it also means that we have to be fully active RP, otherwise we can waste active RP players who will move their character to more RP driven guilds if not satisfied (You know What I mean Wink )

Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: It Takes A Certain Character...   It Takes A Certain Character... EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 2:59 am

Witya speaks the truth unfortunately, but I'd also like to add that we shouldn't stop Freelancers from joining or change their application process. Freelancers are supposed to be flexible and so should be allowed to change their avatar whenever they want. It actually looks good on us since it will look like we're working around a huge number of mercs Smile

And I'm pleased that we're seen as a "powerhouse" Very Happy Comments like that give a very patriotic boost.
Back to top Go down
Witya
Agent
Agent
Witya

PostSubject: Re: It Takes A Certain Character...   It Takes A Certain Character... EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 3:35 am

Yes, I only speak about EPOCH initiates. I think situation with the Freelancers is great.

My idea is to stop the recruitment now, and open it WHEN WE WILL HAVE SWTOR RELEASE DATE. Then we can open the recruitment again, with few more requirements from the applicants.

There is one specific phenomenon about RP guilds: the more restricted the recruitment is, the higher is the quality of the applications. Firstly, it's because you have to feel good enough to go for it, but also tight recruitment process gives feeling of elite guild, where every player have some unique story to say. I know, because my own guild in WoW was going this road. So IF we will make it harder to join us, we will also need to give more from our side (time spend around TOR things, more RP, reanimation of chat RP). And it seems pointless without any real info about TOR premiere.

But EPOCH have two more features that makes it unique:
We are the guild of PLAYERS not characters. We have great friendly atmosphere that helps develop good relations between the players.

EPOCH gives the widest spectrum of possibility in creating your own Agent. There is the chain of command, but no one forces you to "reduct your character cybernetics" or "tune down your lightsaber skills". We just want you to be experienced/well learning Role player without god syndrome and that's it. That's why even if we will rise the expectations from applicants, we can't bound their character, as many other hardcore RP guilds do. If we will be seen outside as open minded yet elite guild, maybe even few of our freelancers will decide to try join us on full terms.

RP expectations at start is clear signal for applicants that we are really RP Mercenary guild.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Caryington
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Caryington

Number of posts : 2420
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: It Takes A Certain Character...   It Takes A Certain Character... EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 5:26 am

My point on recruitement as always been the same and still is: We shall not be hunting for applicant but make sure to welcome any that would come.

Now, Witya has a point when says we should make having at least a precise character idea a prerequisite. I'll use example that I have in mind like my own experience or Witya's but when we posted our application we already had a basic (or very precise tbh) idea of the kind of character we wanted to play in EPOCH. I personnaly spent quite a few days thinking about this before applying.

So I think that "Give us a brief summary of your RP character" should be a prerequisite character and not an optionnal question ^^'
Back to top Go down
http://soude.forumactif.com/
Tando
Special Agent
Special Agent
Tando

Number of posts : 1068
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: It Takes A Certain Character...   It Takes A Certain Character... EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 12:21 pm

Maybe have a look at the HoD application process, they need a backstory from Initiates
Back to top Go down
http://www.evil-wizards.org/swtor-wiki/index.php/Tando_Alums
Witya
Agent
Agent
Witya

PostSubject: Re: It Takes A Certain Character...   It Takes A Certain Character... EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 1:20 pm

Caryington wrote:
So I think that "Give us a brief summary of your RP character" should be a prerequisite character and not an optionnal question ^^'

This - I know that two years back it was just an option, since there was little rush before the game release, but now we may think about changes in application form and focus more than before on initiates character.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It Takes A Certain Character...   It Takes A Certain Character... Empty

Back to top Go down

It Takes A Certain Character...
Page 1 of 1