The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Feedback for my character pl0x =3 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Feedback for my character pl0x =3 EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Feedback for my character pl0x =3 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Feedback for my character pl0x =3 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Feedback for my character pl0x =3 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Feedback for my character pl0x =3 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Feedback for my character pl0x =3 EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Feedback for my character pl0x =3 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Feedback for my character pl0x =3 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Feedback for my character pl0x =3 Vote_b10Feedback for my character pl0x =3 Vote_b11Feedback for my character pl0x =3 Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Feedback for my character pl0x =3 Vote_b10Feedback for my character pl0x =3 Vote_b11Feedback for my character pl0x =3 Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Feedback for my character pl0x =3 Vote_b1065%Feedback for my character pl0x =3 Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Feedback for my character pl0x =3 Vote_b106%Feedback for my character pl0x =3 Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Feedback for my character pl0x =3 Vote_b1018%Feedback for my character pl0x =3 Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
Feedback for my character pl0x =3 Vote_b106%Feedback for my character pl0x =3 Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Feedback for my character pl0x =3 Vote_b100%Feedback for my character pl0x =3 Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Feedback for my character pl0x =3

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Viking
Agent
Agent
Viking

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2009-12-15

Feedback for my character pl0x =3 Empty
PostSubject: Feedback for my character pl0x =3   Feedback for my character pl0x =3 EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 6:05 pm

This is the image of Fray that I'm working on, and I'd like some feedback, comments, critique or simply people telling me how awesome she looks =D

Feedback for my character pl0x =3 396778-KH7RWHY

I'm really not an artist, so I can't do advanced stuff, but I'd still like tips about what I can do to make her look better. I'm not very happy with her mouth, brows nor eyes for the moment, and I think her nose might be a bit... stubby.

Oh, and I'm also trying to figure out what kind of outfit I should give her, so suggestions are welcome there =)

Oh, and before you think I can draw this I'll tell you a secret; her appearance is stolen from an actress named Bai Ling that I thought kinda fit the idea I had for her, so I just chose a pic of her and drew it as I saw (with slight modifications) =P
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Feedback for my character pl0x =3   Feedback for my character pl0x =3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 3:33 am

Yeah you can see the 'Bai Ling' look about her; though personally I think your image looks a little younger, which suits the picture better

(Bai Ling goes to the same hairdresser as Aleina, lol!
Spoiler:
)

Personally I would not alter the image too much, as right now Fray is easily distinguishable from the other girl characters in the guild - she looks different to Caryington, Ril, Leta, Chaisa, and Aleina for example.

I'd suggest moving her right eye (when looking at the picture, so her 'left' eye from the perspective of the character) down a REALLY tiny amount but other than that I would say it is anatomically spot-on. I'd also recommend adding some subtle sci-fi elements in, to make it look more "star wars"; something like a futuristic looking necklace or giving her lipstick/makeup a colour you rarely see nowadays - such as bright blue or yellow.

like:

Feedback for my character pl0x =3 Thumb81217 Feedback for my character pl0x =3 Pic3
Feedback for my character pl0x =3 Chiana001

...that sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Caryington
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Caryington

Number of posts : 2420
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Feedback for my character pl0x =3   Feedback for my character pl0x =3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 4:15 am

Bai Ling! Bai Ling!

*drools*
Back to top Go down
http://soude.forumactif.com/
Viking
Agent
Agent
Viking

PostSubject: Re: Feedback for my character pl0x =3   Feedback for my character pl0x =3 EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 7:52 pm

Update:

Feedback for my character pl0x =3 403429-VBS5GZ4

Done some coloring and shading on her skin and stuff. It sucks pretty bad, I know -_- And what sucks even more is that I can't *BLEEP!* shade her hair right, redone it like 10 times and still can't get it any good D=D=
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Feedback for my character pl0x =3   Feedback for my character pl0x =3 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 4:47 am

Well personally I'm really liking it Razz

But it looks like there are more layers you could add to it, to give it more 'life' - are you doing this all on a computer rather than by hand and scanning it in? because some of the linework looks wonderfully crisp.....if you're doing that yourself you must have one hell of a steady hand o.O

Although I'm not that good at art anymore (which is why I use Daz3d instead Razz), there is a series of magazines that deals with Sci-Fi and Fantasy Art called ImagineFX that I collect. It has loads of really excellent tutorials that teach you all kinds of tips and tricks using all kinds of programs - many of which can be found >>HERE<< in .pdf format free to download. Perhaps they will be of some help?

Feedback for my character pl0x =3 Main
Back to top Go down
Viking
Agent
Agent
Viking

PostSubject: Re: Feedback for my character pl0x =3   Feedback for my character pl0x =3 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 9:26 am

I'm using a pen tablet and draw it in Photoshop. Reason it looks crisp? Long live Ctrl+Z ^^. And thanks, I'll check it out. Haven't really focused much on the clothes or making it more "sci-fi" yet, mainly because I suck at drawing and weren't sure I'd get even this far without giving up xD
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Feedback for my character pl0x =3   Feedback for my character pl0x =3 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 10:06 am

I feel your pain, Viking!

I too am doing an image using a lightpen, and in some ways its easier than I thought it would be but in others its still really hard work! All I can say is 'keep at it' because you're doing a better job than mine, and I'm sticking at it Razz

Back to top Go down
Viking
Agent
Agent
Viking

PostSubject: Re: Feedback for my character pl0x =3   Feedback for my character pl0x =3 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 10:18 am

Haha, I'll do my best. My impatience is my weakest point, I want to be good Now, not Later, not having to learn it slowly =P But this time I'll try force myself through it! ^^

And yea well, I think the tablet is pretty easy to use after a while. It's like every time you use it you feel how awkward it is and have to relearn how to use it, but then suddenly it works perfectly =) And as I said, Ctrl+Z is the best invention ever =D
Back to top Go down
Witya
Agent
Agent
Witya

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2010-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Feedback for my character pl0x =3   Feedback for my character pl0x =3 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 1:08 pm

Here is a trick that I used when I was able to draw anything on my crappy tablet. Sorry for the mess, but It just not working well and makes straight joins without any particular reason. But it's still possible to show this one:

In the hair highlighted area use middle tone background colour, like Dark grey. Then start to draw (speed paint) single hairs with the thin but sharp brush - eg. 1-3 size and max toughness. Normal covering 96% or so. Cover all the area, trying to give it real hair look, so you start from the top of the head and you draw it to the end with one line. It looks crappy at the beginning but it starts to evolve with every single layer of lines. Use at least 4-5 layers with little difference of colour and tone. If the hairstyle is complicated try to find some referral picture to see how the hairs are running down. Such surface is much more easy to shade with brightness/darkness tools, you can even make some shading on the hair not only on the edges of the hairstyle.

Spoiler:

Here's sample, sorry for butchering it with my half-working tablet - it's made in 20 minutes so highlighted area is not precise, but it gives the look I've mentioned. (on the ponytail you can actually see how the tablet is making vertical/horizontal lines instead of DOING WHAT I SAY! YOU SUX PENTAGRAM!)

I used the same trick here

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Viking
Agent
Agent
Viking

PostSubject: Re: Feedback for my character pl0x =3   Feedback for my character pl0x =3 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 1:12 pm

Thx Witya, I'll try that =) Right now I'm just getting frustrated cuz when I try anything it either looks flat and "painted" or messy as hell =P
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Feedback for my character pl0x =3   Feedback for my character pl0x =3 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 5:57 am

Really liking the look mate. Good work!
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feedback for my character pl0x =3   Feedback for my character pl0x =3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Feedback for my character pl0x =3
Page 1 of 1