The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Application (Rejected due to lack of activity) EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Application (Rejected due to lack of activity) EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Application (Rejected due to lack of activity) EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Application (Rejected due to lack of activity) EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Application (Rejected due to lack of activity) EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Application (Rejected due to lack of activity) EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Application (Rejected due to lack of activity) EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Application (Rejected due to lack of activity) EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Application (Rejected due to lack of activity) EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Application (Rejected due to lack of activity) Vote_b10Application (Rejected due to lack of activity) Vote_b11Application (Rejected due to lack of activity) Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Application (Rejected due to lack of activity) Vote_b10Application (Rejected due to lack of activity) Vote_b11Application (Rejected due to lack of activity) Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Application (Rejected due to lack of activity) Vote_b1065%Application (Rejected due to lack of activity) Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Application (Rejected due to lack of activity) Vote_b106%Application (Rejected due to lack of activity) Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Application (Rejected due to lack of activity) Vote_b1018%Application (Rejected due to lack of activity) Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
Application (Rejected due to lack of activity) Vote_b106%Application (Rejected due to lack of activity) Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Application (Rejected due to lack of activity) Vote_b100%Application (Rejected due to lack of activity) Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Application (Rejected due to lack of activity)

Go down 
+3
Lunarwolf
The Partisan
Dhanais
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dhanais
Registered
Registered

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-06-14

Application (Rejected due to lack of activity) Empty
PostSubject: Application (Rejected due to lack of activity)   Application (Rejected due to lack of activity) EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 12:36 am

APPLICATION FORM

* WHAT IS YOUR NAME?
Max

* WHERE ARE YOU FROM?
Finland

* HOW OLD ARE YOU?
19 (as for the age requirement, I will turn 20 before the game comes out so among all things you could pick on, don't let it be this!! Razz)

* WHAT ATTRACTED YOU TO THIS GUILD?
First of all the idea that you're building the lore and background this early on before the game environment is even out yet. From that I draw conclusion that you're imaginative and dedicated roleplayers which likely means great adventures in future. I like the neutral stance and mercenary-type of thing you have going on in E.P.O.C.H backstory. It sounds like perfect foundation for building actually interesting characters and not just cliche "he's bad, oh so bad"-characters or the general "torn between evil and good"-ones.

* DO YOU HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE IN ROLEPLAYING?
I've never played any Star Wars roleplaying game whatsoever. Also, I've only played one sci-fi roleplaying game in general (Cyberpunk 2020) and that was one of my first ones when I was about twelve so it was very weak. That said, I have plenty of experience in classic tabletop fantasy roleplaying; your usual D&D 3, 3.5 and 4, ElfQuest, DragonQuest etc. etc. aswell as few ventures to contemporary roleplaying (business/espionage/impro). Also few LARP's but that wasn't really my thing, it felt stupid and I felt stupid.

* WHAT (IF ANY) MMORPG'S HAVE YOU PLAYED IN THE PAST?
My friend got me in World of Warcraft 2006, I played it for 2 years and had two major characters: twisted priest who was secretly doing evil deeds and for more humorous settings emotionally unstable gnome engineer (mage) who was desperate for love. As my friends quitted I applied to some ooc raiding guilds and played so-called "endgame" with them, and also did PvP battlegrounds for about 6 months but got bored and quitted aswell. Since, I played a little Lord of the Rings Online as very cliche but fun lazy hobbit archetype (minstrel) and later fiery trickster (runekeeper) who was sort of the priest character from World of Warcraft reincarnated.. I've also had my Warhammer-phase so I was excited for Warhammer Online but it was maybe loneliest MMORPG experience I've had so far.. something I'll try to prevent this time by joining a team early on like others seem to be doing. And since last summer I haven't really played anything online apart from some Eve Online in my friends corporation. But I suck at it. Oh and I've played some Neverwinter Nights online sessions but it's not MMORPG really.. without the massive-part maybe, more like virtual tabletop platform.

* WOULD YOU CONSIDER YOURSELF AN ACTIVE PLAYER BOTH IN-GAME & ON GUILD FORUMS?
I have quite ocd tendency when it comes to roleplaying, so yes. I don't even have better things to do (apart from current LARPS and such which might consume lot of time and my other passion arthouse cinema which consumes a lot of time, especially when there's film festival going on) since I don't drink or do anything my peers find cool really. As my friend once put it: "No offense, you aren't a boring person but you do your best to appear like one..."

* WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU COULD OFFER THE GUILD?
I'm maybe not the most creative or advanced roleplayer but I make up for it for doing pretty extensive amount of background research and I'm notorious for spending weeks pre-game on some silly details of my character when others are done in a weekend. I count that as strength because the release of the game is far away enough for me to have plenty of time for ocd.. Aand the usual: I'm good teamplayer who can handle criticism from gamemaster and who doesn't mind being the less-used character in the story if it means better playing. I also think I'm better than average player at mmorpg's when it comes to technical playing side (leveling etc.), maybe it sounds bit egoistical Razz Preparing for my character right.

* WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE THE GUILD TO OFFER YOU?
Safe and stable roleplaying environment where storylines don't get stagnant or possible complications get out of hand. Community where people treat each other well. In general just more excitement to my life and enhancement to upcoming Star Wars experience.

* WHAT CLASS DO YOU INTEND TO PLAY AS YOUR MAIN? *
Sith Inquisitor

* DO YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION OR IDEAS ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE?
Not really, not yet. I have to do more research before building stupid backstory and f*cking it up. But I'm pretty sure it would be one of my usual ones fitted in Sith universe, either layered and complex asshole or emotionless machine-type character where I'd have more room to advance and form it on-the-go when playing. The foundation of course also depends on what archetype of characters others are going to form.

Sooo. Thanks for reading this. And if I'm not what you're looking for then I'll just build my to-be character into e.p.o.c.h hater and lay my wrath upon thee. Just kidding Razz
* If I'm not what you're looking for then I understand because nothing is worse than having unfitting piece in the team so-to-speak, in which case good luck for the future and for the long wait before the game comes out! Smile
Back to top Go down
The Partisan
Registered
Registered
The Partisan

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Application (Rejected due to lack of activity)   Application (Rejected due to lack of activity) EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 1:44 am

An impressive application, Dhanais/Max. Welcome to the E.P.O.C.H. forums!

The guild has been flexible in the past with applicants who will be twenty by the time the game is released (Myself and Jokoro for example), I should imagine this wouldn't pose much of a problem. I can't speak for the guild leaders (Sureshot and Lunarwolf, who I'm sure will get back to you soon) though you definitely appear to be the kind of roleplayer the guild accepts with open arms; I'm confident that more than a few of us might display OCD in our character building Razz.

As for your history, whilst you clearly have a very solid background and understanding of roleplaying, should you require assistance in developing your character for the Star Wars universe, please feel free to contact me.

Good luck in the application process, I look forward to seeing your contributions in the future!
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Application (Rejected due to lack of activity)   Application (Rejected due to lack of activity) EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 1:54 am

Hey Max.

Thanks for taking the time to fill out the application form, lots of interesting stuff there Very Happy
From a personal perspective its good to find someone else who played Cyberpunk 2020 - I loved that game back in the day. I had an absolutely wonderful womanizing rock-star character in that game who was a celebrity rep for the "Mr Studd" cybernetic implants - oh the 'storylines' I had there! affraid

As a CYP2020 player you might recognise the image I used for 'Zhorin', the Head of Security at one of our Open Roleplaying sessions - The Hyperion.

Look familiar? Razz

Application (Rejected due to lack of activity) 48bf8150af71e

As you mentioned the fact you're 20 when TOR comes out means you don't have to worry about the age restriction, but I'm sure we'll find something to pick on you with instead Wink You might find that Lord_Nord and I may hold the fact you played D&D 4th ED against you for example as we're hardened 3rd ED players! heh, j/k Smile

Your class choice is interesting because as you've probably noticed by our recruitment widget on the far side of this page, we only have 1 slot remaining for a Sith Inquisitor. Generally speaking, although we do allow Force Users in the guild, EPOCH began as a Bounty Hunter guild known as 'Blasters for Hire' many moons back but we have evolved with the revelation of the other three classes. The guild is predominantly made up of 'Mercs & Spies' (Bounty Hunters & Imperial Agents) but Force Adepts (Sith Warriors & Sith Inquisitors) also have their place in our structure. Its just we have less of them is all (I play Sith Inquisitor for example).

Its good to see you have an interest in E.P.O.C.H. and Sureshot or myself will get back to you a.s.a.p. (usually within a day or two) to let you know if your application was successful.

In the meantime please feel free to explore the forums and get to know everyone, and we'd ask that you take the time to read the Site rules and the guild rules. We're a Roleplaying Guild so it would also be prudent to give the Roleplaying Rules a look over as well.

Any problems/questions etc just give anyone a shout, we're a pretty friendly lot.

Darth Maul
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

Number of posts : 1761
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Application (Rejected due to lack of activity)   Application (Rejected due to lack of activity) EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 1:58 am

Hey and nice more d&D players and did you also think that 4th edition sucks
Back to top Go down
Caryington
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Caryington

Number of posts : 2420
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Application (Rejected due to lack of activity)   Application (Rejected due to lack of activity) EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 4:04 am

Welcome around...

I'd just had this useless comment: AD&D powaaaaaaa!!!
Back to top Go down
http://soude.forumactif.com/
Krum Gax
Registered
Registered
Krum Gax

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Application (Rejected due to lack of activity)   Application (Rejected due to lack of activity) EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 4:40 am

welcome to the guild.
hope you will enjoy yourself just as much as I am.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dhanais
Registered
Registered

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Application (Rejected due to lack of activity)   Application (Rejected due to lack of activity) EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 12:05 pm

Haha,
re: 4th edition, don't blame it on me! I'm very rarely gamemaster of our group so I have little say in what we play! We play quite literally everything (for better or worse), last summer for example we hardly roleplayed at all because we were so busy with tabletop strategy games - that habit died since though and we reverted back to more comfortably geeky and escapist ouevre of ours.

Little recycling is never bad especially if it's from something as good as Cyberpunk, I actually got a slight urge to re-visit it after these years.

re: more serious matters. Yes sith is probably pretty dominant character to play, more than your usual mercenaries but I think I could play it in rather well esp. after some research (+help, thanks for help offer ^). I just feel it's the optimal and most interesting platform for type of character I'm most comfortable with, even childish sith fantasies aside which of course also affect(ed) the choice. I understand how it's problematic though.

And should there be no room for me, you'll probably see me applying again for freelancer spot at a later day so you'll have to get rid of me once more haha. Razz
Back to top Go down
nosyd
Freelancer
Freelancer
nosyd

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2009-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Application (Rejected due to lack of activity)   Application (Rejected due to lack of activity) EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 12:20 pm

Welcome Max, nice application. Good luck with it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application (Rejected due to lack of activity)   Application (Rejected due to lack of activity) Empty

Back to top Go down

Application (Rejected due to lack of activity)
Page 1 of 1