The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application Vote_b10The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application Vote_b11The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application Vote_b10The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application Vote_b11The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application Vote_b1065%The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application Vote_b106%The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application Vote_b1018%The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application Vote_b106%The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application Vote_b100%The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application

Go down 
+4
PrioryJK
BluePhoenix
Commander Nord
The Partisan
8 posters
AuthorMessage
The Partisan
Registered
Registered
The Partisan

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2010-04-03

The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application Empty
PostSubject: The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application   The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 7:03 pm

WHAT IS YOUR NAME?

Jake French

WHERE ARE YOU FROM?

I'm from Cardiff, Wales (UK).

HOW OLD ARE YOU?

Nineteen years old.

WHAT ATTRACTED YOU TO THIS GUILD?

Upon posting on the official forums I was approached by Sureshot. His presentation of the Agents of E.P.O.C.H. appealed to the style of play I and a friend had been looking to employ in SW:TOR. The (somewhat) secretive nature of the guild, coupled with its prospect of a good, likeable community was more than enough to propel the guild above the rest.

DO YOU HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE IN ROLEPLAYING?

I've RPed in most games I've played. As with many others, a lot of my experience is from SWG. Freelancer, though is where my RPing skills were honed, as part of the Discovery Mod's focus on RP within its dedicated server.

WHAT (IF ANY) MMORPG'S HAVE YOU PLAYED IN THE PAST?

Star Wars Galaxies
City of Heroes
World of Warcraft (Of course, I had to give it a try Razz)
The Matrix Online
Guild Wars

At least, these are the major ones..!

WOULD YOU CONSIDER YOURSELF AN ACTIVE PLAYER?

As far as allowing real life to interfere with online gaming, I'm most likely far too irresponsible to become inactive. The most important aspect for me and games is community. I will admit that I have trouble staying with a game if social links are lost. I play games as much for the people I interact with, as for my own enjoyment.

WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU COULD OFFER THE GUILD?

I've proven to be a hard working member of any guild or group of players that I have been involved with. I know the importance of respecting hierarchy in certain situations, particularly when those in authority are respectable. I can only offer insatiable enthusiasm for a fictional universe that I have come to love, a perfectionist personality and a good laugh.

WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE THE GUILD TO OFFER YOU?

I hope to come to know many of you as good friends, people who can count on me and know that I would be prepared to help them in every way possible, without expecting it. To be proud and honoured as a member of the guild, to state, with confidence that I am part of a respectable guild.

WHAT CLASS DO YOU INTEND TO PLAY? *

I hope to roleplay a Miraluka with great earnest as an Imperial Agent, or alternatively as a Sith Warrior depending on game limitations and aspects. Espionage and assassination - getting less-than-clean jobs done efficiently is what I hope to offer prospective clients.

DO YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION OR IDEAS ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE?

His name is Sco Rooj. Rooj's first taste of action came upon being brought into a siege of the Republic ship, the Tystnaden, as the boarding team's medic. His transition from doctor to assassin came with the immolation of the ship's captain, as per the boarding team leader's command - A fallen Jedi, looking to wipe all trace of his romance which may hinder his place within the Order. Rooj is a Miraluka and as such, he relies on the force to see. Whilst in some ways - particularly those that require great perceptive ability - it can be a hindrance, though this reliance is immeasurably useful to an assassin.

Thank you for your time. I hope you consider me as a member of your guild and look forward to hearing from you soon.
Back to top Go down
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

Number of posts : 1761
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application   The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 2:16 am

Welcome

Please read the guild rules and the forum rules

Sureshot or Lunarwolf our leaders will be in contact soon
Back to top Go down
BluePhoenix
Registered
Registered
BluePhoenix

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2009-11-29

PostSubject: Re: The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application   The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 6:44 am

Hey dude!

The Partisan wrote:

WHAT CLASS DO YOU INTEND TO PLAY? *

I hope to roleplay a Miraluka with great earnest as an Imperial Agent, or alternatively as a Sith Warrior depending on game limitations and aspects. Espionage and assassination - getting less-than-clean jobs done efficiently is what I hope to offer prospective clients.
Arent Miraluka blind powerful force sensitives? I find it a a bit unusual character for a IA.

and to SWG, are you still playing it? Server? Guild?
Back to top Go down
http://www.evil-wizards.org/swtor-wiki/index.php/Varoll_Tavik
The Partisan
Registered
Registered
The Partisan

PostSubject: Re: The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application   The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 7:45 am

With concern to the IA, there's quite a bit of backstory I've been developing for the character. It's somewhat in-depth, though to summarise, the character's parents are lost and his father's last act as a parent is ensuring the safety of his child as their shuttle is blown from the sky. The character then is brought up seemingly unaware of his race, within a human family. His affinity to the force is not picked up on, his blindness (Or lack of eyes) is seen, by the ignorant human family, as a simple evolutionary deficiency. The character's trade by profession is as a military medic within the Sith Empire, unable to work as a doctor due to his apparent weakness until his role is changed forever. This of course relies on the idea that Sco is unaware that he is relying on the force to see, having known no other method of viewing the world he sees this as normal - though I'm sure I could explain this much better as part of a written story.

As such, I'm not sure whether Sith Warrior, Inquisitor or Agent would be best for the character. In any case, should I roll a force-sensitive (rather than simply roleplaying the character's connection to the force as an IA), force powers will not be used conventionally - at least not the ones that would require formal training.

I've had this character rolling about in my mind for a good amount of time Razz probably for as long as I've been watching the game develop. Nothing is set in stone yet and I'm flexible to change everything to fit within the guild's paradigm.

To answer your question on SWG, I played on the Tempest server and was a member of the Argonian Ryders.

Last edited by The Partisan on Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application   The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 7:46 am

Nice to hear from you Jake! we do have a policy of I think only accepting players age 20 or higher but as its over a year away possibly you'll more then likely be able to join as you'll be 20 by release Wink
Bioware might incluse a Miraluka race as they have a heritage with them from previous games, although we do want some Sarlacc Enforcers so we might ask you to consider playing that class Very Happy

LW or SS will get back to you soon, I'm Internal Affairs Officer btw so please send all inquiries to me Smile (If I say it enough times people might take notice....)
Back to top Go down
The Partisan
Registered
Registered
The Partisan

PostSubject: Re: The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application   The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 7:50 am

Thankyou. I apologize if my age is an issue; though, as you mentioned, I will have turned 20 by the time the game is released. Whether you want me around until then is your prerogative, but I hope you can bend this rule ever so slightly Smile
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application   The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 9:05 am

Greetings Jake and thanks for dropping by!

Not a lot to add to what has already been said, though don't worry about being 19 - our official ruling on age is we take players who are 20 or over OR 18 -19 in exceptional cases; so all you need to do is be an exceptional case ^^

I personally have no problems with the thought of an IA being Force Sensitive, (I get the impression some of ours might be without them realizing, such as 36809, Dr Forte etc) though its unlikely an Imperial Agent will be allowed to be Force Sensitive in TOR (Speculative). If you want to roleplay it though I think that would do the character justice.

Either Sureshot or myself will be in contact with you soon to let you know if you've been accepted as an Initiate, at which time if you're successful you'll see a lot more of the forums open up.

In the meantime, have a look around, get to know the guys and if you have any questions, just grab hold of Sureshot, PrioryJK or myself and we'll be happy to help.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Caryington
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Caryington

Number of posts : 2420
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application   The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 2:34 pm

Cheers Mr French Smile

Welcome around and hope you'll enjoy yourself.
Back to top Go down
http://soude.forumactif.com/
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

Number of posts : 1761
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application   The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 2:51 pm

How bad was Matrix Online you are the first i have seen that have played that game.
Back to top Go down
The Partisan
Registered
Registered
The Partisan

PostSubject: Re: The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application   The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 4:29 pm

I thought the Matrix Online was rather good, though I played it before it was transferred to SOE. My only gripe was that players who had beta tested the game knew of an exploit which allowed them to reach max level within weeks. I spent much of my time being ganked haha, though that's my fault for choosing a pvp server..!

Thankyou, Lunarwolf, I look forward to hearing from you and Sureshot. I will respect your decision either way.

And thanks to you, Soude, I feel very warmly welcomed Smile I hope to get to know all of you well in the near future.
Back to top Go down
Caryington
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Caryington

Number of posts : 2420
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application   The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 3:06 am

MXO was a good game in its first version, combat system was fun and original and the system allowing you to change your skills almost at any moment. The only problems were, to me, that the game itself was not really interesting and there was not much or RP going on. And after they changed the combat system it turned out to be a waste of time to log. So I'd sum up my MXO experience like this: Very good idea but a very poor an empty game.
Back to top Go down
http://soude.forumactif.com/
Smudge
Agent
Agent
Smudge

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2010-01-08

PostSubject: Re: The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application   The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 1:22 pm

I can respect a man who played Star Wars Galaxies.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application   The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 2:07 am

Hey there Jake and thanks for taking interest in the guild.

As Lunarwolf has mentioned we're in discussion about adding you to the ranks but from all that I can see this is a great application, and I'm glad to see that someone shares a similar vision as to what a guild should be. I'll be getting back to you very shortly on this.

Just so you know we do actually have a spot left for both the Sith Warrior and the Imperial Agent classes, so should you join you'd have the choice of either. We generally plan on going up to 30 members so more class options will become available after we hit the 20 members mark (which is very close).

As I say though myself or Lunarwolf should get back to you sometime today on our decision. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application   The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application Empty

Back to top Go down

The Partisan (Ynsydr) Guild Application
Page 1 of 1