The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Concerning Stories & Character Biography EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Concerning Stories & Character Biography EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Concerning Stories & Character Biography EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Concerning Stories & Character Biography EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Concerning Stories & Character Biography EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Concerning Stories & Character Biography EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Concerning Stories & Character Biography EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Concerning Stories & Character Biography EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Concerning Stories & Character Biography EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Concerning Stories & Character Biography Vote_b10Concerning Stories & Character Biography Vote_b11Concerning Stories & Character Biography Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Concerning Stories & Character Biography Vote_b10Concerning Stories & Character Biography Vote_b11Concerning Stories & Character Biography Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Concerning Stories & Character Biography Vote_b1065%Concerning Stories & Character Biography Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Concerning Stories & Character Biography Vote_b106%Concerning Stories & Character Biography Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Concerning Stories & Character Biography Vote_b1018%Concerning Stories & Character Biography Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
Concerning Stories & Character Biography Vote_b106%Concerning Stories & Character Biography Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Concerning Stories & Character Biography Vote_b100%Concerning Stories & Character Biography Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Concerning Stories & Character Biography

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Registered
Registered

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2010-01-16

Concerning Stories & Character Biography Empty
PostSubject: Concerning Stories & Character Biography   Concerning Stories & Character Biography EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 12:28 am

Hello Everyone!

I'm creating this thread to create something where everyone can discuss their own stories, other peoples stories and update the community on current projects. As you may know I have written two parts of a story I call "The Eldritch Arrow" and I am working on a third. The story details the journeys of a ship and where my own characters originates from, though not entirely focused on my character alone.

This thread would concern itself with:

- The discussion of your stories, other peoples stories
- Enable you to update the community on news about your projects
- Allow you to discuss ideas and lightbulbs you've had about additional stories to write.
- To ask for inspiration or advice from other storywriters and the community if you are stuck with any of your projects.

Do you believe this thread to be a good idea?

To step right into it I'm in a bit of a pickle with my own character. As the Eldrtich Arrow doesn't really focus on my character alone I have started thinking about creating another line of stories detailing the assignments of my agent. Would this be something people would like to read or should I think of something else?

So to sum up, what do you guys think about having a thread like this and would you enjoy reading a story focusing on the assignments of 36809?
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Stories & Character Biography   Concerning Stories & Character Biography EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 3:32 am

Yeah this is a good idea Axel, this is the discussion are anyways Smile

As for your character it'd be great to see you do some missions for him, we've had quite a few people doing that even memebers form other guilds coming on and doing a bit of a backstory for their characters here, stories dont have to be limited to origins they can be whatever you want Smile
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Stories & Character Biography   Concerning Stories & Character Biography EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 4:02 am

Yeah we do have a lot of stories here (oddly enough in the "Storytelling" Section!) but we don't really have anywhere to discuss them apart from the story thread themselves - as you've seen with The Eldritch Arrow - so yeah, I think we could do with a central location to talk about them...so much so that I think this thread needs to be sticky'd!

However, where do people think this thread would be best placed? should it remain here (in Roleplaying Discussions & Signups) or move to the Storytelling section? Both a perfectly valid as it is discussing both 'storytelling' and 'roleplaying'. Which would people prefer?

RE: 36809: I personally would love to hear more about his more recent assignments. Creating characters with these kind of complex personalities is hard because it tends to make them socially detatched. One of the reasons I decided to make Xen Raffini into an NPC was because although her sociopathic and homicidal tendencies make for great stories, they are quite hard to roleplay and develop their character, plus that sort of person doesn't exactly work well in a team Razz
So I admire what you've taken on board, I know 36809 is vastly different to Xen but similar problems present themselves. I think it would help not only all of us to know a little more about how he works, but I suspect it'd help you too, with character development and evolution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Stories & Character Biography   Concerning Stories & Character Biography EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 4:35 am

Lunarwolf wrote:
where do people think this thread would be best placed? should it remain here (in Roleplaying Discussions & Signups) or move to the Storytelling section?
I think this discussion thread would be more at home in the storytelling section of the forum. And good idea about making it 36809!

But yes 36, personally I'd like to read more about your main character's exploits - I think this is something we should all be having a crack at! Wink
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Stories & Character Biography   Concerning Stories & Character Biography EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 1:09 pm

I think it's a great idea as well. More roleplaying stories never goes amiss. Certainly, I'd personally love to hear 36809 (sounds like a cerial-number Hitman Suspect ) in his more recent exploits.

As for my own stories, I was thinking of completing Skursir's comic to add some variation before going into written tales. I was personally thinking of going into Skursir's history in more depth. Not just from when he left the Republic, but from when he hatched! I've been tossing around many ideas lately on this subject, including possible siblings, his religious beliefs (and why he sticks to the Falleen like stink on a chimp for that fact) and his work as a diplomat/representative before becoming a warrior. It may be hard to do this though as I want the narrator to be an actual character. What do you people think?
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Stories & Character Biography   Concerning Stories & Character Biography EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 1:15 pm

I say "go for it!"

Skursir is certainly not your "typical" Trandoshan as depicted in the SW movies, it'd be good to learn to understand why, even if our actual characters might not know.

I don't know much about Trandoshan society, but maybe you could tell this stories from the perspective of a family member telling young trandos of his exploits? kind of a tale round the campfire kind of thing?
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Stories & Character Biography   Concerning Stories & Character Biography EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 1:23 pm

Oooh! I haven't thought of that! I'll pinch that if you don't mind Wink (This thread is coming into it's own now!)
I've done some heavy investigating into Trandoshan culture as well so I think I can pull this off without making Skursir look more like a peace-lovin' Ithorian.
Back to top Go down
Registered
Registered

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2010-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Stories & Character Biography   Concerning Stories & Character Biography EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 2:35 pm

Thanks for the comments everyone! I'll tidy up my part three (which has I've gotten some feedback on from a very helpfull source (you know who you are Very Happy)) and post it shortly and then begin planning another story.

And go for it Skursir! I would very much like to read something like what you suggested! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Stories & Character Biography   Concerning Stories & Character Biography Empty

Back to top Go down

Concerning Stories & Character Biography
Page 1 of 1