The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? Vote_b10Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? Vote_b11Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? Vote_b10Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? Vote_b11Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? Vote_b1065%Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? Vote_b106%Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? Vote_b1018%Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? Vote_b106%Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? Vote_b100%Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild?

Go down 
+2
Lunarwolf
Sureshot
6 posters

Would You Like To Have A Specific Role Within The Guild?
Yes
Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? Vote_b1063%Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? Vote_b12
 63% [ 5 ]
No
Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? Vote_b1013%Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? Vote_b12
 13% [ 1 ]
I'd rather leave that to the guild leader
Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? Vote_b1024%Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? Vote_b12
 24% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? Empty
PostSubject: Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild?   Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 6:49 am

Just a quick poll to see if people would prefer to have 'specific roles' within the guild. For example someone that likes to create RP events, someone to help with recruitment, someone to help with the visual look of the guild website, someone that would like to help with making alliances...the list goes on.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild?   Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 6:54 am

I voted no.

Not because I'm a killjoy or intend to not pull my weight Razz Its just that I would like to be flexible.

I'm a smuggler, a gun-slinger, a pilot and (assuming I can role-play it without seeming like a drunk Rancor on heat) a seductress.

I'd hate for one of those to overtake the others to any massive degree.

Of course, this is when all I saw was the "poll" in the small box on the left. After posting (and reading the thread that went with the post) I'm under the assumption you mean OOC and IC working for promoting / sculpting the guild leading up to launch.

Unfortunately I've not really given that much thought up until now (I've just been having fun reading and replying to posts whilst dipping my toe in the Chatbox), but I have to say a rather indecisive

'I dont mind'

Quite happy to attempt any task given to me, but I'm not after any specifc role.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild?   Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 6:58 am

Thats perfectly fine and understandable. I'm just interested to see what the whole guild think about it. Thanks for the vote!
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild?   Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 10:25 am

Hmmm... I said 'yes'. I think it's important that people have designated roles, but not huge burdens. RP events and Recruitment should be managed by the Leader and Officers. Seeking out recruits, forming negotiations and assassinating, etc. should be done by the Members, though Leaders and Officers can participate of course.

The roles I'm thinking about here are 'Assassin', 'Protector', 'Demolitions', 'Spy', 'Ambassador' and so on, so the Guild Leader and Officers know who to turn to first. Be it sneakily killing a Jedi, protecting and envoy, destroying a vehicle, finding intel and finding pacts (respectively).

Thats my 2p
Back to top Go down
Raiflaine
Registered
Registered
Raiflaine

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild?   Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 10:40 am

well, i dont mind being a role in the guild, but i voted for what ever the leader says mainly for it what i normaly do, just keep my head down and do as im told Razz
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild?   Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 10:50 am

Looks like we've got a bit of variety here! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Godjera
Registered
Registered
Godjera

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild?   Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 3:38 pm

I like the idea. It gives people the opportunity to do their work for the guild. Not everyone needs to have a role, but certianly some should be made available for people that want it.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild?   Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 4:39 pm

Godjera wrote:
Not everyone needs to have a role, but certianly some should be made available for people that want it.

I agree with this completely. Maybe we should have it as optional for the players that would like to have a say in how they would like to see the guild form itself.
Back to top Go down
Godjera
Registered
Registered
Godjera

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild?   Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 4:42 pm

Sureshot wrote:
Godjera wrote:
Not everyone needs to have a role, but certianly some should be made available for people that want it.

I agree with this completely. Maybe we should have it as optional for the players that would like to have a say in how they would like to see the guild form itself.
Or you could post a few roles and let people apply for them.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild?   Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 4:43 pm

Again, good plan Batman! I shall do that when the time comes I think. Cool
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild?   Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 8:57 am

Well, we should have 3-4 of each role, just so people don't get left out - and the roles have to be pretty diverse so we aren't restricted.

I call "Muscle"!
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild?   Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 9:16 am

Aye I think he's referring to the 'running of the guild' roles, well I am anyway.

I don't really want to restrict people to one role each as I'm sure there are other players that want the option of being 'the muscle' too. What I'm tempted to do is see how the characters behaviour is in the roleplay so we can tell who suits what roles so to speak.
Back to top Go down
Black Heart
Registered
Registered
Black Heart

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild?   Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 11:12 am

I voted yes because, like LW, I saw the poll first and thought it was referring to RP and in-game roles. That being said, I agree with Godjera.

Godjera wrote:
Or you could post a few roles and let people apply for them.

I would be happy to apply for any role that the guild needs--save Design, I'm awful at it. But I think it should be left to the Guild Leader and his officers to decide.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild?   Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 11:57 am

Even though I'm just a forum member I recon the best route would be to produce a list of specific roles needing filling including a brief descripion of what you see the role entailing, and then allow people to apply for what best suits their personal skills. I'd imagine there are some folks good with photoshop/painter, others with thier html/.php backgrounds etc.

There seems to be a good bunch of people here and I'm sure most will interested to hear what you need.
clown
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild?   Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 9:18 am

I'm with Redwatch, though I think they should be ingame roles. Out of Game (OOG?) roles should be recruited in a separate post.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild?   Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 9:23 am

Good idea, you're more than welcome to start a different thread if you want. Might save some confusion then. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild?   Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 11:01 am

Sureshot wrote:
Aye I think he's referring to the 'running of the guild' roles, well I am anyway.

Harlequin2 wrote:
I think they should be ingame roles. Out of Game (OOG?) roles should be recruited in a separate post.

So which one is this thread?? Arrow
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild?   Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 11:04 am

This thread is for OOC or OOG as Harlequin said. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild?   Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild? Empty

Back to top Go down

Would People Like Specific Roles Within The Guild?
Page 1 of 1