The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild Vote_b10About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild Vote_b11About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild Vote_b10About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild Vote_b11About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild Vote_b1065%About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild Vote_b106%About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild Vote_b1018%About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild Vote_b106%About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild Vote_b100%About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild

Go down 
+2
Caryington
Sureshot
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild Empty
PostSubject: About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild   About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild EmptyFri May 14, 2010 9:41 pm

I have to ask since our conception over a year ago that this guild was born from a very simple idea and I'm kinda intrigued about what made you stay and/or join? What is it about the guild that made it feel like home for you? I ask this purely because the officers (myself, L-Dubz and PJK) can spot a potential candidate from a mile off, but what made YOU choose E.P.O.C.H as the guild for you?

Personally I chose people (Nex and L-Dubz being the first) by their commitment to a very basic idea and the fact they were interested in breathing life into a guild, and complenting it with their own ideas of lore structure.

I always said that EPOCH never needed its own backstory because I wanted to take a chance on RPers and see what they can bring to the table and I'm very pleased to say that I haven't been dissapointed. What started as a 'Bounty Hunters' guild progressed into something far more spectacular.

I see us as a guild of substance, commitment and best of all fresh ideas amongst a menagerie of clones. I myself have always been a fan of being an underdog that stands out in crowd , so watching your guild gain great response is very satisfying indeed. Not only that I do my upmost to create a family-gaming enviroment where everyone feels comfortable. I'm kinda aware of how L-Dubz handles things but I know we both want the same from a guild.I live by a rule that all members are treated equally and when I watch power struggles within guilds I can't help but chuckle. I've been in guilds when you're just a number and to me it cancels out the whole point of community, which is the core of any MMO. Especially of the role-playing kind.

So..don't hold back let us know why you find Agents of the E.P.O.C.H so appealing....

Last edited by Sureshot on Fri May 14, 2010 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Caryington
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Caryington

Number of posts : 2420
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild   About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild EmptyFri May 14, 2010 9:56 pm

Permission to go to sleep first, sir? Me spent the whole night driving my new car in APB...
Darth Nihilus

In case you wonder, that's the inspiration of my new car:
About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild Thawkstripped1
Matt Trakker's Thunderhawk.

So I'll get to sleep and I'll make you a long and boring post explaining my whole life... But first thing first... Me need sleep!
Back to top Go down
http://soude.forumactif.com/
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild   About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild EmptyFri May 14, 2010 10:01 pm

I had Matt Trakkers Thunderhawk and it ain't that! Thats a piss poor carbon copy!

Oh and permission granted....you may sleep. I do expect a well thought out answer in the morning though! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Tando
Special Agent
Special Agent
Tando

Number of posts : 1068
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild   About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild EmptySat May 15, 2010 1:47 am

Well when I first joined it was because this was a BH only guild and I think the only BH guild. The only time I thought that the guild might not be for me was when it started accepting Force users, but I stayed due to the fact I get on with all of you and had a laugh in LOTRO. So I'm still here Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.evil-wizards.org/swtor-wiki/index.php/Tando_Alums
Caryington
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Caryington

PostSubject: Re: About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild   About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild EmptySat May 15, 2010 4:42 am

Sureshot wrote:
I had Matt Trakkers Thunderhawk and it ain't that! Thats a piss poor carbon copy!
That's my old time neighboor who used to have that Awesome red car Smile Mask is my whole kid's life ^^, My memory being what it is... I remember the car to be like that though less plastic looking.

Sureshot wrote:
Oh and permission granted....you may sleep. I do expect a well thought out answer in the morning though! Razz
Here you go! Don't cry if that's too long for you after Razz

For this essay, I'll have to explain how I did find the Agents of Epoch in a first time then, I'll explain why I decided to stay. Would you read this until the end, you'll feel enlighted in your life at least much more than by reading Platoon.

Why did I hunt down for a SW:tOR guild? When I started looking for a guild there were a handful of good reasons. First I was finally going back at my previous geek's state. I strangely enough seem to be completely useless when it comes to have RL friends and that's mostly because of a huge problem with the new friends I made myself after coming from UK. It may sound childish but being upset and disappointed with them turned me back to massive gaming (in term of time ^^')
I reactivated my account of SWG but I never had a knack with RPers over there. (except for my friend Sam I may have already mentionned). Though we have some RPs on our owns going on, I feel sic and disappointed with the game since I find it hard to enjoy PvE over there. That's were I decided to look out for other MMOs.
Of course, I already knew of SW:tOR and thought I knew it was still under devellopement, I decided to look out for guilds and RPers over there. I remember we had some fun on the SG:O guild though it was very very few active. As SW:tOR is Star Wars, I knew I'll have to be on when it will be released so I thought: "why don't you look for a guild over there? Doesn't mean I'll find something active but there may be people looking for help to create a guild and that's probably the best time to bring my own point of view and ideas to do something uswesful." That's when I started looking out for RPers things over the official SW:tOR forum.
Now s probably the parts that interrests SS, so if you've fallen asleep, it's time to wake up. ^^,
The Important parts to me where the following ones:
- HEAVY RP, I believe I spend 80-90% of my online time RPing, if not I'm trying to gather items I may need in regard of RP.
- I did want an non-force sensitive guild.
That's how I ended up in here, there was in fact not much of choice: either joining or start my own guild...

Why I stayed?
I believe I found more than expected in here: new friends, Star Wars fans, serious people in their fun. I am still very unsure about what will happen later but I feel confident I found a good spot with smart buddies to enjoy my future in SW:tOR. I'll add to that emo-kid comment that I also stay here because of the staff's good work on bringing life to a community of players of a game not born yet. I feel pretty confident with the way we all share on roleplay.

I guess you owe me some cookies for those nice words that I have in my mind and shared with ya.
Back to top Go down
The Partisan
Registered
Registered
The Partisan

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild   About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild EmptySat May 15, 2010 4:46 am

I'll try to keep my nose clean throughout this post Razz

In my original post on the swtor.com forums I stressed the importance of community in the guild I wanted to join. Jokoro and I were looking for people we could play the game with, without the hardcore raiding, strict RP and competitiveness that usually comes out in guilds. We knew that the game is going to come out during our second/third years of university and college, so we'd be making time to play it out of our heavy schedules - when you consider that, you don't want to think of the game as a second job, but an actual recreational activity as games are intended to be.

In that sense, I didn't choose Epoch, Epoch chose me when it presented everything I looked for in a guild. After posting in the recruitment thread, I was approached by every guild under the sun. Despite pointing out that we were looking for an Imperial, good guild not focused on force users, I was approached by Republic bad guilds, Jedi guilds and Sith guilds. They all seemed quite desperate for members.

The biggest turn off for a guild - and I know it's shallow - is when you're presented with a dead forum, made from some free forum host, without a proper domain and you have some so-called leader calling every shot possible. Epoch has the active forum and all other nice things that make it easy to be a part of.
Back to top Go down
nosyd
Freelancer
Freelancer
nosyd

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2009-06-06

PostSubject: Re: About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild   About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild EmptySat May 15, 2010 6:20 am

I joined basically because I thought the smilies were great. Lightsaber Battle

(Speederbike Will post more later, got to go)
Back to top Go down
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

Number of posts : 1761
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild   About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild EmptySat May 15, 2010 6:30 am

Iam not sure why i join this guild. But i think it was a european based guild and have no plan to become a guild with many members.
Back to top Go down
Caryington
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Caryington

PostSubject: Re: About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild   About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild EmptySat May 15, 2010 8:00 am

[quote=Lord_Nord"]have no plan to become a guild with many members.[/quote]
True that's important to me too. I do believe in small comitte it's easier to have RP about the guild as a whole and unique entity. Once you reach a certain number of people there are problems between members, political conflicts inside the guild, global warfare, death stars... Nothing good if you want my point.
Back to top Go down
The Partisan
Registered
Registered
The Partisan

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild   About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild EmptySat May 15, 2010 10:34 am

Well on the topic of large memberships, it comes down to quality over quantity, doesn't it? I'd much rather be part of an elite, exclusive group of highly trained and feared agents than a massive amount of cannon fodder...
Back to top Go down
nosyd
Freelancer
Freelancer
nosyd

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2009-06-06

PostSubject: Re: About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild   About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild EmptySat May 15, 2010 10:45 am

I joined because I love to Roleplay (ingame, not to good writing stories on a forum) and really wanted to get involved with a roleplaying guild for SWTOR early in it's develpoment. I liked the idea of the guild being a criminal organization. The guild seemed really well put together and the members they had all seemed decent chaps. I also liked the fact that this guild wasn't out to just get anyone to increase it's member base. They did really care who joined and how they would represent the guild.

I can't say I was happy at first when I came back and found the guild had gone Sith only, but I understood the reasons why.

This guild is great, it's so active with great members and we could be nearly 12 months away from the game going live. It's a credit to it's dedicated members. You all deserve a pat on the back.

I really do like the smilies though Ar-too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild   About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild Empty

Back to top Go down

About the E.P.O.C.H & Why It's Your Chosen Guild
Page 1 of 1