The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! Vote_b10Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! Vote_b11Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! Vote_b10Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! Vote_b11Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! Vote_b1065%Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! Vote_b106%Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! Vote_b1018%Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! Vote_b106%Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! Vote_b100%Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! Empty
PostSubject: Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization!   Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 8:59 pm

So I was stuck in work last night, not too sure what to do with myself (t'was a quiet night and all work already done) so I decided to download the 14-day Trial of Star Wars Galaxies.

It's been a few years since I played it but I remember it not being massively graphics-intensive and figured my laptop could handle it.

It could! Well, me being me, I thought it would be interesting to try to recreate my little pale-skinned smugglette.

I managed to get pretty close, actually - slim, short, violet eyes and greyish-white skin:

Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! Reeswgfull

I couldn't get the facial tattoos, but I doubt I'll be able to have them in SW:TOR so wasn't too bothered:

Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! Reeswg

and within moments I was conning people out of their hard earned credits in the local cantina...

Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! Reeswgonthestation

So I was chuckling away to myself thinking how great it was to "try" Ree out before the launch of TOR when I had a sudden brainwave....

There are two characters on this site which I've not been able to do with 3D work thus far... one is a big hairy b'stard (read 'Wookie') and I have NO idea where to start with him.

The other is Skursir. Now I know from speaking to H2 that he wears full body armour a lot of the time so its only really his head that gives away he is a Trando (that and his elongated arms, but thats not a problem in 3d). I know he's meant to be "young but tough and large-looking, sandy scales with a reddish tint and green eyes" so I thought to myself,

"why not try to make him in SWG?"

I figured I could easily create a body in Daz3d and super-impose a head from SWG onto it, alter the ligthting and Photoshop it up to look nice.....

So H2, how does this head look? (a few different angles here..)

Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! Skursirangleleft

Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! Skursirangleright

Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! Skursirfront

Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! Skursirhardleft

Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! Skursirhardright

If they're good enough, I'll get down to finishing a 3d picture of him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization!   Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 11:49 am

I'll take two! Razz
Yep, that's Skursir to the bone! That's how I'd like him to look like, thanks! Perhaps there's some fancy copy and paste doodad that allows you to strip off this face and move it onto Daz3d? Either way, nice use of resources there Lunar! Good show!
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization!   Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 12:01 pm

/salute

In which case, what I'll do is (when I get get my other half off my pc) I'll upload all the different med - heavy armour skins I have to this thread (you'll have to excuse it being on a boring old baseline human) and let you pick one.

Once we've got that sorted if you want any bits a different colour I can do that, then we can work out what sort of pose you'd like him in and I'll get to 3d'ing him up ^^

Better late than never, eh?
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization!   Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 12:30 pm

OK H2, here are the 7 Med-Heavy Armour sets I own for Daz3d.

Don't worry about the ones that are "white", they don't have a mesh skin on them yet. Also, excuse the fact its a human - he won't stay that way Very Happy

Let me know which one you like the best and any colour scheme you would like and I'll get to work ^^

The armour options are:

Armoured Hazardous Enviroment Suit
Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! ArmouredHazardousEnviromentSuit

BioSuit for M4
Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! BioSuitM4

CyberSuit for M4
Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! CyberSuitM4

Heavy Infantry Armour Protection Suit
Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! HeavyInfantryArmourProtectionSystem

L.A.R.V.A for M3
Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! LARVAforM3

HeavySuit for M3
Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! HeavysuitM3

and

SpaceRanger Armour
Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! Spacerangerarmour

Which one gets your vote?

Last edited by Lunarwolf on Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization!   Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 12:37 pm

No offense, but there isn't much choice. 6 have been moved or deleted on photobucket and the other two are exactly the same Very Happy Sure it's just a mistake though...
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization!   Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 12:40 pm

Try now Very Happy

(sorry I had an error)
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization!   Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 12:57 pm

I choose the Heavy Infantry Armour Protection Suit, thnnks! Also, is there some way that you can enlarge the left shoulder pad and put the text "E.P.O.C.H" on it? Thanks either way.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization!   Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 1:07 pm

Good Choice, I'll see what I can do about the shoulder, not sure if I can (it may not be that highly customizable) but I will try!
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization!   Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 9:29 am

H2 - any preference on colours for the armour? (sorry, late start am about to work on it now)
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization!   Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 11:00 am

See now that's just FREAKY.

NO HEAD!

Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! Nohead

Still, thats the armour mesh applied. The model is identical to the armour Tando is wearing, with slightly different (no red added in) colours. I've yet to elongate the arms, Trandoshan-stylee..

And one large shoulderpad too, ofc.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization!   Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 11:20 am

Oooh! Nice! Anyway, I've decided upon the colour. I'd like it to be a dark grey please, only slightly darker than the kneepads with deep crimson highlights please. If that's possible of course...
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization!   Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 11:42 am

Fair do's... how's this?

(complete with long arms and a big ol' shoulderpad) (igrnore the white bit by the groin, that'll vanish on the final run)

Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! Nohead2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization!   Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 11:54 am

Trandoshans aren't big fans of footwear.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization!   Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 11:55 am

Aye good point, but the claws/feet would be a REAL pain in the arris
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization!   Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 11:55 am

Yep, that's the stuff, though can you make the boots (not the soles), gloves, the parts of the kneepads that aren't red and the elbow guards that aren't red, black please? Then it would be perfect! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization!   Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 11:58 am

Aye, can do.

Want me to *try* to remove the boots and put Trando feet in? or is that not a huge issue for you?

Also do you want him carrying a weapon of some sort, or weaponless like in your SW:TOR RP piccie?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization!   Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 12:00 pm

I had a look for some pics you could maybe 'shop the feet off of but alas googling 'trandoshan feet' yielded no great results unsurprisingly tongue
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization!   Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 12:06 pm

Nah, the feet aren't an issue. Maybe make the boots into a fan shape? Anyway, yeah, holding an assault rifle would be great, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization!   Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 12:15 pm

Google's not what it used to be...

Luckily I have SWG!

Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! Feet

Still, if its not a massive issue for you H2 that would save me a major headache! I can't change the shape of the boots, but I can make them bigger/longer to fit those big old Trando feet ^^ (EDIT: Actually, looking at them, they'd be shorter and stubbier!)

Here's the armour colours altered as you wanted:

Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! Nohead3
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization!   Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 12:31 pm

Great, except I wanted the boots black, not the soles Razz Sorry.
(You're a saint for putting up with this...)
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization!   Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 12:36 pm

LOL you did say, soz bud. On it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization!   Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization! Empty

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Galaxies....and a sudden realization!
Page 1 of 1