The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie Vote_b10Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie Vote_b11Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie Vote_b10Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie Vote_b11Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie Vote_b1065%Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie Vote_b106%Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie Vote_b1018%Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie Vote_b106%Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie Vote_b100%Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
nosyd
Freelancer
Freelancer
nosyd

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2009-06-06

Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie Empty
PostSubject: Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie   Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 3:30 am

BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT- PRESS RELEASE

So, that could be interesting. I'm not sure what I make of there being a WOW movie to be honest.

Anyone got any thoughts?

I wonder who they could cast to be in the movie?
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie   Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 3:36 am

Oh good gawd no! Sam Raimi shouldn't be wasting his talent on that. I'm surprised Pixar didn't pick up the deal to be honest. Razz

Ignore me I'm just a bit of a WoW hater. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie   Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 4:00 am

That's been on the books since early '06. Its one of those "will they, wont they" kinda affairs.

To be honest though, I personally have no problems with it.... so long as Raimi does it "Army Of Darkness" style Very Happy WoW has plenty of humour in it, hopefully that'll make it to the big screen.

If they turn it into a gore-fest it'll suck big time.

I'll stay hopefull Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie   Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 4:44 am

Lunarwolf wrote:
That's been on the books since early '06. Its one of those "will they, wont they" kinda affairs.

To be honest though, I personally have no problems with it.... so long as Raimi does it "Army Of Darkness" style Very Happy WoW has plenty of humour in it, hopefully that'll make it to the big screen.

If they turn it into a gore-fest it'll suck big time.

I'll stay hopefull Very Happy

If they're smart they have undead air guitaring and alliance hip thrusting Razz
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie   Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 4:51 am

Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie Undead_male120xSam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie Troll_female120xSam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie Human_male120xSam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie Nightelf_female120xSam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie Orc_male120x

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
nosyd
Freelancer
Freelancer
nosyd

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2009-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie   Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 5:00 am

Haha, now that brings back memories of Goldshire! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie   Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 5:15 am

I've just found out from my mates on Failbook that Uwe Boll was originally planned to direct this. Now that really would've been an epic fail! Narrow escape there!
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org

PostSubject: Re: Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie   Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 12:15 pm

Don't like World of Failcraft.

Do u c wut I did thar? Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie ICU
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie   Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 11:00 pm

A movie based on a video game?
How could it possibly fail?!
It won't be easy to live up to this epic piece of cinematography though.

Raimi did do a pretty great job with Spiderman; not my favourite character, but bloody entertaining movies those.
Back to top Go down
zoran
Registered
Registered
zoran

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie   Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 4:22 am

As a former player of wow and as someone who will be restarting there subscription to wow again soon, i think this whole movie idea is a bad one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie   Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 6:38 am

Not all game-to-movie films are that bad. Doom was alright, and the Resident Evils aren't too bad either. Though why Bob Hoskins agreed to do Mario is forever beyond me!

I've played WoW a little and it wasn't too bad, I thought. But I expect much of the film's in-jokes will go way over my head (just like most in-game chat!). I just hope they make the movie interesting enough for non-gamer to enjoy too, that way I might get something out of it!
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie   Sam Raimi to direct the upcoming WOW movie EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 7:03 am

Well they do have hump-loads of back history and lore... though I suspect very little of that will make it into the film.

REALLY hope its CGI too, not bloomin' "live action" - could you imagine it? it'd be like Cosplay hell...

I mean, their animation department is more than capable...

(From Warcraft 3, human intro cinematic)