The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
SWTOR.com Community Forums EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
SWTOR.com Community Forums EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
SWTOR.com Community Forums EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
SWTOR.com Community Forums EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
SWTOR.com Community Forums EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
SWTOR.com Community Forums EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
SWTOR.com Community Forums EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
SWTOR.com Community Forums EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
SWTOR.com Community Forums EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
SWTOR.com Community Forums Vote_b10SWTOR.com Community Forums Vote_b11SWTOR.com Community Forums Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
SWTOR.com Community Forums Vote_b10SWTOR.com Community Forums Vote_b11SWTOR.com Community Forums Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
SWTOR.com Community Forums Vote_b1065%SWTOR.com Community Forums Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
SWTOR.com Community Forums Vote_b106%SWTOR.com Community Forums Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
SWTOR.com Community Forums Vote_b1018%SWTOR.com Community Forums Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
SWTOR.com Community Forums Vote_b100%SWTOR.com Community Forums Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

SWTOR.com Community Forums

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

SWTOR.com Community Forums Empty
PostSubject: SWTOR.com Community Forums   SWTOR.com Community Forums EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 2:37 pm

Ok. Here's my worry.

I joined the swtor.com community website a couple of weeks ago and have visited most days since. It's beginning to depress me.

All of the threads I've been interested in and had a look-see have been filled with the most inane and often downright offensive posts I've ever seen on a forum. Is it just me or does anyone else think this game is attracting far more than it's fair share of ignorant ****holes? Anything I've been tempted to respond to I've ended up not bothering (which you may have noticed from my activity here might not sound like me!).

Perhaps it's a case of those with the least to say shouting loudest but I have yet to find a topic that hasn't left me feeling let down by the community at large. I thank the gods of serendipity (and Sureshot) for providing this haven, this little ray of hope for an enriching multiplayer gaming experience to come. Otherwise I would probably be solo-ing my way through the whole of swtor!

I'd be really interested to know how the rest of the guild feels about the swtor.com community forums. What do you think?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SWTOR.com Community Forums   SWTOR.com Community Forums EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 3:10 pm

I have a SWTOR forum allergy. I've been there from October and read about everything concerning the game from the simplest of stupid suggestions to the most retard ones. Some good also but those are SUCH a rarity. I also did my share of mean asshole remarks which i am proud of actually because many people deserved to be smacked, some noob smashing to... And was banned once even for "trolling" in a thread about slavery. (For supporting RL slavery Razz)

The world is full of idiots. SWTOR forum is annoyingly repeatable and full of bored people with nothing to talk about but the same old subjects over and over again...The stalemate .... normal i guess. Bioware made a mistake of announcing the game to early and revealing nothing about it. People get so bored they do even stupider things then normally they would.

Even i got banned... and i never got banned from a forum before! Razz

Just... don't go there more then once a week. Believe me it'll do you only good.

P.S Other then all that. Its a normal MMO community. Nothing i've not seen on WoW forums or any other MMO forums I've been a part of.

Star wars is old. But don't think people enjoying it are mostly old and mature... Razz
Back to top Go down
Black Heart
Registered
Registered
Black Heart

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: SWTOR.com Community Forums   SWTOR.com Community Forums EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 4:16 pm

When I'm facing debilitating boredom, I spend time on the SWTOR forums other than the BfH. I always regret my presence afterward. Yeah, there are a lot of young people. Yeah, there are a lot of stupid people. And I'm okay with someone not knowing all of canon, a small part of me is not a geek and I've spent time with him in public plenty of times. But simple problems of people not knowing the rules of the english language, sentence structure, spelling. Never understanding the common sense to look for information on the game before asking the same innocuous questions, often to which no one will even begin to be able to answer. I always went there hoping to find someone worthwhile, and even if someone ever made me believe they were already in a guild I wasn't interested in. I do still troll the forums hoping to be able to make witty remarks sometimes. But yes, I try to limit my SWTOR visits to bumping the thread and updates.

I am, however, very confused by the new sections.

Same people as with any MMO, I just hoping the roleplaying community is without many *BLEEP* .

Moderated. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SWTOR.com Community Forums   SWTOR.com Community Forums EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 4:20 pm

Gosh! A few old faces on this thread, eh?

I just wanted to moan about the swtor.com forums. I've been on there for about four hours and must have looked at hundreds of threads. The discussions always go the same way ending up as bickering troll-fests.

SWTOR.com Community Forums Sad-smiley-8070 I wonder if the German and French servers have as many failed discussions, or if it's just our unfortunate lot to share a language with the Americans that's dumbing down the "English" ones?
Back to top Go down
Viking
Agent
Agent
Viking

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: SWTOR.com Community Forums   SWTOR.com Community Forums EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 4:44 pm

Game forums like that will always fail, since they're filled with all kinds of stupid people. Everybody is let in, and most of them can't think deeper than "duuuhh, Star wars... Space ships and lightsabers, duuhuuu" and therefore don't say anything more worthwhile either. I'm personally popping in now and then and checks for news, but I tend to avoid the forums.

Hopefully most of the worst tards won't even buy the game. -_- Trolling belongs on 4chan, not in Star Wars =D

I recite my new chars motto: "Why do you speak when you have nothing to say?"
Back to top Go down
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

Number of posts : 1761
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: SWTOR.com Community Forums   SWTOR.com Community Forums EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 5:18 pm

Its just a handful of good game forum operated by the developer i have ever been on and SWTOR.com is not one of them.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: SWTOR.com Community Forums   SWTOR.com Community Forums EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 5:26 pm

I'm hoping that the TOR community devs handle it like Turbine did with LotRO and seperate the forums by which server we're on. For a start RPers are generally nicer people (from my experience) than your average loot-driven ganking PvPers and secondly, a community forum tends to be more polite if you're stuck on the same server as them!
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org

PostSubject: Re: SWTOR.com Community Forums   SWTOR.com Community Forums EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 5:55 pm

That sounds like the best case scenario and would really make my day(/year/lifetime subscription). I only ever visited the support forums when I was playing LOTRO so never noticed that set-up. I completely agree that a dedicated RP server (European or no) would provide the best forum buddies. SWTOR.com Community Forums Happy-smiley-89
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: SWTOR.com Community Forums   SWTOR.com Community Forums EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 4:45 am

I'm amazed (though actually impressed) you still take the time to even check the forums. They've been such a big ball of chalk that it put me off ages ago.

In fact, I only ever check the following:

* EPOCH Recruitment Thread
* LFG (Sith) thread
* My Calendar thread (for good/bad criticism)

Beyond that I rarely stray far from the HoloNet because anything that allows input from outsiders unfortunately tends to end up with all the good ideas buried and all the stupid ones being recycled on a regular basis.

I don't think its something we need to connect with SWTOR or even their Community, however. In my experience most game forums are full of insanely dense genetic mistakes who just want their voice (however self-degrading and pointless) to be heard above all others and are rarely a reflection of what one can expect when the game goes live.

For example, I've been part of some truly awesome, well-mannered and intelligent communities on World Of Warcraft over the years (especially the RP servers) and yet if you looked at the Forums for the game you'd never even consider these would exist. The WoW Forums are just as full of eejits as the TOR ones are, so while I can understand the apprehension on this matter, I for one am not even slightly worried.

These pr*cks can do all their flaming, shouting and trolling over on their little "l33t" guilds/servers/forums for all I care, giving us the space to play this game properly.

Elitist? probably, but its difficult not to be when your instinctual reply to most of these people is a Facepalm
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SWTOR.com Community Forums   SWTOR.com Community Forums Empty

Back to top Go down

SWTOR.com Community Forums
Page 1 of 1