The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread Vote_b10Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread Vote_b11Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread Vote_b10Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread Vote_b11Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread Vote_b1065%Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread Vote_b106%Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread Vote_b1018%Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread Vote_b106%Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread Vote_b100%Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread

Go down 
+2
Caryington
Sureshot
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread   Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 7:22 am

Did anyone else find this Dev Blog particularly interesting? By interesting I mean certain aspects from it such as what was said about crafting:

Quote :

Crafting is another area where we’ve talked a lot about community. The systems design team is not satisfied with some other crafting systems that we’ve seen, where many players craft almost exclusively for themselves. We’ve spent quite a bit of time discussing how to ensure that crafters – true dedicated crafters – can make a name for themselves and be important in their community. But that is a discussion for a future letter.

This is BIG plus for me as I have been known to spend hours crafting away.
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Caryington
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Caryington

Number of posts : 2420
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread   Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 7:27 am

Though I'd like to agree with Sureshot... I'm completely and absolutely not interested in crafting. *_* But I'm intersted in how this will turn out within the comunity. I hope it won't turn out like it did in SWG lately were everything is sold for an inglorious huge amount of money :/
Back to top Go down
http://soude.forumactif.com/
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

Number of posts : 1761
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread   Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 7:28 am

I wonder how the crafting system in the game will be, but i can already say that i will not be that man in the guild how will be making most, weapons, armor and potion except what my man need most and that mean lightsaber and other thing my sith need
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread   Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 7:35 am

Well I know that we're planning on creating a dedicated crafting team like we did with the The Neranians for the guild which I'm more than happy to be part of, that is of course assuming that the crafting system is going to be a good one.

One thing I will say is that I'm really looking forward to seeing the Dev Blogs now. It seems they've finally realised that we need to hear about the actual game mechanics. rather than (sorry L-Dubz) .....story. Wink
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread   Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 8:07 am

I can take or leave crafting but I'm glad they bothered to mention it, it shows they are actually reading forum responses as to what people want to hear.

I like the way that Damion Schubert didn't feel he had to "big up" what they were doing much, in fact he addressed some very real problems with MMOs - a refreshing viewpoint to see from someone in the "inside" as it were.

I completely agree that a game is only as good as its community. Its no secret that I used to be a WoW-player and I wouldnt have stuck with that game for over 5 years if I were quite literally just playing the game. There was nothing wrong with wow of course, it was fun, immersive, had polished gaming systems and a BIG plot if you followed all the leads, but it was when I found a great guild - and therefore a strong community - that the game really opened up.
Before that "Stormwind City" was just a place to pick up quests and sell your loot. Once I was in my guild it was a place we had IC and OCC guild meetings, people got arrested, married, divorced - hell we even had a character assassination plot in the guild and a murder mystery - it was hilarious! you know you're in a good game community when you think you've been online about an hour or so and you check the time to find out you've been there over 9 hours!

And that's where the strength of this Guild comes into play. We're already establishing a community before the game even begins. If anything, we're actually going to be bringing a community to TOR in the form of The Agency and our association with our allies.

If TOR is going to be as good as it looks and (hopefully) provides us with the tools to create great RP events, this could be an unprecidented success.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread   Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 8:26 am

Lunarwolf wrote:

And that's where the strength of this Guild comes into play. We're already establishing a community before the game even begins. If anything, we're actually going to be bringing a community to TOR in the form of The Agency and our association with our allies.

If TOR is going to be as good as it looks and (hopefully) provides us with the tools to create great RP events, this could be an unprecidented success.

Here here! Well said sir! And some people say that there isn't any point in setting up a guild yet....pah!
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread   Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 8:34 am

Sureshot wrote:

Here here! Well said sir! And some people say that there isn't any point in setting up a guild yet....pah!

Those people are dead now.

*re-holsters blaster pistol*
Back to top Go down
Caryington
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Caryington

PostSubject: Re: Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread   Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 8:47 am

[quote="Lunarwolf"]I completely agree that a game is only as good as its community. [quote]Yes
Lunarwolf wrote:
it was when I found a great guild - and therefore a strong community - that the game really opened up.
Yes
Lunarwolf wrote:
you know you're in a good game community when you think you've been online about an hour or so and you check the time to find out you've been there over 9 hours!
Lunarwolf wrote:
Yes
Lunarwolf wrote:
Yes

It once more seems to me I picked up the good place to be for SWtOR. That post of your, LW, is Soude approved. ^^,
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread   Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 8:52 am

Cool! Do I get like a badge or something? perhaps a forum-stamp?

So long as its not like this
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Caryington
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Caryington

PostSubject: Re: Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread   Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Yup I was thinking of something like that with my ubese awesomeness instead of the ithorian Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Partisan
Registered
Registered
The Partisan

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread   Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 11:02 am

I'm seeing a lot more emphasis being placed on guilds searching for mature members. Maturity within the community isn't game breaking all the time, but it certainly breaks roleplay. Passing by a Zabrak named "H0RNY D3V1L" was when I stopped playing on normal SWG servers. What Shubert really points out is that it comes down to freedom: whether Bioware allow players to play as they like or lay down some basic ground, as with RP servers. I can see people moving to RP servers simply to feel immersed within a more mature enviroment.

Of course, it doesn't take maturity to RP and certainly doesn't require it - though I'm hoping it'll drive away the PVP mad, giant raiding guild types away. There's taking a game fairly seriously and then there's blowing up everything casual about it.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread   Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 3:35 pm

I think the Partisan is bang on the money here. Maturity will probably have a big role to play in the community. This is good and bad though. It will give people higher quaity of roleplaying (and crafting to get back on topic) but also isolate children who'll be flagged up as rowdy b0Ba mA$TeRz.

Another point I'd like to raise is that judging by many guilds on the table right now, and Bioware's take on crafting, I see crafting and roleplaying going hand in hand. I know that's certainly something we'll be doing - blackmarket type dealiing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread   Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 9:42 am

I completely agree with Partisan. While I think there's a definate place for fun and silliness in playing games, or more specifically MMOs, it's those who impose their 'silly' time on other players who are looking for an immersive session that p#sses me off. That's where maturity comes into it. And why I hope BioWare with their emphasis on the story experience will provide dedicated RP servers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread   Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Community - The Third Element Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 1