The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
MMO History & Characters EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
MMO History & Characters EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
MMO History & Characters EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
MMO History & Characters EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
MMO History & Characters EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
MMO History & Characters EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
MMO History & Characters EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
MMO History & Characters EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
MMO History & Characters EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
MMO History & Characters Vote_b10MMO History & Characters Vote_b11MMO History & Characters Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
MMO History & Characters Vote_b10MMO History & Characters Vote_b11MMO History & Characters Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
MMO History & Characters Vote_b1065%MMO History & Characters Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
MMO History & Characters Vote_b106%MMO History & Characters Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
MMO History & Characters Vote_b1018%MMO History & Characters Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
MMO History & Characters Vote_b100%MMO History & Characters Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

MMO History & Characters

Go down 
+2
Caryington
Sureshot
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

MMO History & Characters Empty
PostSubject: MMO History & Characters   MMO History & Characters EmptySat May 01, 2010 7:01 am

Just out of curiosity, what guilds have you been part of during the past MMO's you've played? You can also this thread to add pictures of your previous characters. You never know, we might even have played alongside one another and not even realised it. Wink

LORD OF THE RINGS ONLINE

The Free Peoples Front (Evernight Server)

This was the first guild I was ever in and one that I founded along with a mate of mine who lead the guild. This is also where my fave MMO char of all time came to life - Malaron Deepwinter the Lore-Master and his daughter Captain Aeonwyn Deepwinter. Although I have fond memories of the guild, another friend of mine took it over and it ceased to be a smaller guild. From what I gather though the guild is still alive and kicking and doing well.

MMO History & Characters N627710466_1374350_2775
Malaron and Gius Deepwinter.

MMO History & Characters ScreenShot00291
Aeonwyn Deepwinter

Deepwinters Defence (Evernight Server)

This is the guild I started and lead with Anji (Maimai) after the Free People's Front got too large for my tastes. By far the best guild I've been in (until now Wink) and this also saw the birth of 2 more characters, Ethiriel Tenderglade the Elven Huntress and Grubbins Wilyways, the half-Goblin half-Hobbit (Gobbit) Burglar. This was my first attempt at running a guild and it solidified my belief that smaller guilds are better in the long run. Good times! *sniff sniff*.

MMO History & Characters ScreenShot00311
Malaron on horseback.

MMO History & Characters ScreenShot00111
Malaron & Maimai Deepwinter.

MMO History & Characters ScreenShot00414
Ethiriel Tenderglade.

MMO History & Characters ScreenShot00195
Grubbins Wilyways.

The NerĂ¡nians (Laurelin Server)

This was the first guild born from E.P.O.C.H with Mr. Dubz taking the lead. I played a Gondorian Champion by the name of Argothir and a crazy Dwarf Rune-Keeper by the name of Zhaatan the Mad. Although we didn't stay playing LotRO I had some great RP sessions with some of the members and it certainly gave me a lot of hope for TOR's release. Smile

MMO History & Characters Screen10
Argothir of Gondor.

MMO History & Characters Screen11
Zhaatan the Mad.

MMO History & Characters Screen12
The Neranians in an RP session.

WARHAMMER: AGE OF RECKONING

Tempestas (Karag Dron Server)

This was a guild formed by a few of my clubbing buddies that didn't last particulary long due to WAR being a pile of poo! I played as a Dark Elf Sorceress by the name of Lilthea Wrathstorm.

MMO History & Characters Picture
Lilethea Wrathstorm.

MMO History & Characters Picture
Lilethea on Cold One mount.
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Caryington
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Caryington

Number of posts : 2420
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: MMO History & Characters   MMO History & Characters EmptySat May 01, 2010 10:31 am

Mostly played SWG or at least that's the only game I ever been guilded. And I will not have any screenies except for the recent ones...

RAID>, on Europe-chimaera
Toon was named Teneniel after Teneiel Djo She was a Nightsister taken out of Dathomir by Imperial Inquisition. That was a friendly and casual RP guild. Was fun to be there.

Cartel>, on Kauri
Where I was the cybernetic bodyguard of the cartel's head and his wife. It was good and fun though it ended up with huge dramas inside the guild.

TOME>, on Starsider
That was a 4-5 people mandalorian guild. Good situation but the guild leader disappeared due to RL issues.

KR>, on Starsider
My own guild and project with the other remaining player of Tome. Though it involved only 2 players we had plenty of stories and toons involved (most being mine)

Since then I tried to join one guild for StarGate Online but the guild slowly went dead. Name was Jadien Valtiat, the Lords of Ice.
Back to top Go down
http://soude.forumactif.com/
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

Number of posts : 1761
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: MMO History & Characters   MMO History & Characters EmptySat May 01, 2010 12:15 pm

Haven't been member in that many guild except this.

I also was in The NerĂ¡nians and in the first time i was playing lotro i was an officer in a guild where most of the members was from Glasgow- Edinburgh area.

Not sure if i have been in guilds in the other MMO i have played
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: MMO History & Characters   MMO History & Characters EmptySat May 01, 2010 12:36 pm

I've played loads of mmos, but have been in guilds in very little (its my experience that many guilds aren't actually all that well run so don't really last long).

The three major ones I were in were all in WoW and - technically - I'm still in one to this day (but won't be playing WoW until the new expansion comes out)

On the Alliance side I was in the Guilds:

Insanity

With the following characters:

Wayman (Human Priest, Raid Healer)

Eilnys (Human Warlock, DoT Nuker and CC - original a horde character, moved across

Noctus (Night Elf Warrior, Tank)

Carbonknight (Dranei Death Knight, Tank/DPS hybrid - originally from a horde char, moved across.

From the above list Wayman and Noctus started in a guild my bro set up called "The Adventurers Guild" who were heavy on RP; I was in that for 3 years until he stopped playing and the guild was disbanded.

Eilnys and Carbonknight began their lives as a Blood Elf Warlock and Undead Death Knight on the Horde side but moved across when everyone I knew in-game (both sides) joined the Guild Insanity (run by my mate and mechanic)

I was in The NerĂ¡nians, but I think Sure covered that well enough Very Happy

Most MMOs I've played either didn't have guilds that interested me or I joined them full of hope only to find they were empty and dull 90% of the time, hence my getting involved with you lot BEFORE TOR launches Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Tando
Special Agent
Special Agent
Tando

Number of posts : 1068
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: MMO History & Characters   MMO History & Characters EmptySat May 01, 2010 1:05 pm

Started out in Star Wars Galaxies on Ahzri I think my character was called Tando Alums (was a long time ago) then left after the NGE.

Played Dark and Light from beta with a guild called Mystical Awakeningleft when the game launched as it failed big time character was called Wulfgar.

Returned to SWG, I was on Europe-Chimaera as Slayke Sidious and was on the guild council of a guild called The Cult of Bane Left SWG again after the guild collapsed and joined EPOCH was also playing LOTRO with Greylock my Elf Hunter and Graylock my Human Guard, started on Evernight then moved to Laurelin to be with The Neranians. I did have Graylock the Champion on Evernight but he died on the way to Laurelin

MMO History & Characters Party1k

Graylock I'm standing in front for the door to the Prancing Pony (I can't remember what the guild was called here Sad)

MMO History & Characters Screenshot00037q
Graylock from the Neranians

MMO History & Characters Wikislayke
Slayke Sidious (a guildie drew this for me)

MMO History & Characters Screenshot2010013010522

and I've been playing STO as William K. Hawkes.

if I have any pictures I'll post a few.
Back to top Go down
http://www.evil-wizards.org/swtor-wiki/index.php/Tando_Alums
nosyd
Freelancer
Freelancer
nosyd

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2009-06-06

PostSubject: Re: MMO History & Characters   MMO History & Characters EmptySun May 02, 2010 3:40 am

I've played a shed load of MMO's and have been in many Guilds as just a member to leader in some of them. I'll add another post to this thread once I can find all the info.

One guild I joined around 8-9 years ago was Transcendence. My first ever Star Wars Galaxies guild. I'm still a member of it and have been with them in a few MMO's after SWG. They are due to play SWTOR, but they are a US guild and I've decided to play with you guys in the EU. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: MMO History & Characters   MMO History & Characters EmptySun May 02, 2010 6:08 am

Cheers Nosyd! /doffs cap

Alas I never had a paticularly good SWG experience.... I never knew about it in its "glory days" and I've tried to get into it twice in the 2009 but find it kind-of....I suppose "empty" is the right word?

I liked what I saw but found nobody to share the experience with. TOR will hopefully restore my faith!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Caryington
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Caryington

Number of posts : 2420
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: MMO History & Characters   MMO History & Characters EmptySun May 02, 2010 6:17 am

Lunarwolf wrote:
Alas I never had a paticularly good SWG experience.... I never knew about it in its "glory days" and I've tried to get into it twice in the 2009 but find it kind-of....I suppose "empty" is the right word?
Empty is indeed the right word at least for guildless people and/or people without uber equipment.
Back to top Go down
http://soude.forumactif.com/
nosyd
Freelancer
Freelancer
nosyd

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2009-06-06

PostSubject: Re: MMO History & Characters   MMO History & Characters EmptySun May 02, 2010 8:35 am

I was lucky to be in SWG when it first started, and I have to say it was great. I had at one time 3 accounts running (you were only allowed 1 char on each sever) So I paid for 3 accounts so I could have 3 characters running around. It was like having a full time job playing the game. Mining, hunting for skins to sell, running machines to create food, clothing and bio-enhanced things. They were great days and we, as a guild were one of the richest and well known guilds for commerce. Great days, but they changed drastically once the devs ruined the game. Our guild more or less closed down over night in the game. A real shame.

MMO History & Characters Swgsig
Thats's my 3 toons stood around the old man the visited you about becoming a Jedi. From the left- Annod Sedecrem, Old Man, Aain Lusac, Vivaa Uko'od.

Some other MMO's I have played are the following, in no real order:

EQ2- I was a co-founder of the guild Polyxena which I think is still running today.
MMO History & Characters Aainforum9hp

Sage of Ryzom- Wasn't in a guild.
MMO History & Characters Aainryzomsig

WOW- Nori my Hunter. The guild was called (Can't remember) on the The Venture Co server.
MMO History & Characters WoWScrnShot_110405_234304

The Chronicles of Spellborn- Was Guild leader in Closed Beta nd for a small time after. Guild name was: The Maelseekers.
MMO History & Characters Sigdigital4041copy

S.E.E.D- Kaylee- Was in a guild called The Network. The game only lasted a few months before it was closed down.
MMO History & Characters Kayava1

Vangaurd: Transcendence
MMO History & Characters Monksigcopy

Lord of the Rings Online- Farother -Officer in a guild called The Sanctuary.
MMO History & Characters Kinshipsig9resizedcopy
MMO History & Characters ScreenShot00078

Pirates of the Burning Sea: The Consortium
MMO History & Characters TCONflag-blue-worn

Warhammer Online- Only played a short while and gave up on it.

Age of Conan- Legacy of Aquilonia
MMO History & Characters Loa1sig
MMO History & Characters Farah_picture000
MMO History & Characters Calel_picture001

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MMO History & Characters   MMO History & Characters Empty

Back to top Go down

MMO History & Characters
Page 1 of 1