The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Species & Character Creation - Page 8 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Species & Character Creation - Page 8 EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Species & Character Creation - Page 8 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Species & Character Creation - Page 8 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Species & Character Creation - Page 8 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Species & Character Creation - Page 8 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Species & Character Creation - Page 8 EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Species & Character Creation - Page 8 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Species & Character Creation - Page 8 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Species & Character Creation - Page 8 Vote_b10Species & Character Creation - Page 8 Vote_b11Species & Character Creation - Page 8 Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Species & Character Creation - Page 8 Vote_b10Species & Character Creation - Page 8 Vote_b11Species & Character Creation - Page 8 Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Species & Character Creation - Page 8 Vote_b1065%Species & Character Creation - Page 8 Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Species & Character Creation - Page 8 Vote_b106%Species & Character Creation - Page 8 Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Species & Character Creation - Page 8 Vote_b1018%Species & Character Creation - Page 8 Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
Species & Character Creation - Page 8 Vote_b106%Species & Character Creation - Page 8 Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Species & Character Creation - Page 8 Vote_b100%Species & Character Creation - Page 8 Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Species & Character Creation

Go down 
+12
Smudge
Tando
Jokoro
The Partisan
Caryington
nosyd
Sureshot
Harlequin2
PrioryJK
Commander Nord
Lunarwolf
BluePhoenix
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Species & Character Creation - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Species & Character Creation   Species & Character Creation - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 11:11 am

Caryington wrote:
I'm more afraid about character customisation, be it the body customisation or the armor/clothing, than of the various species. BW told us we won't have many species because of their storytelling policy. Well, they didn't but that's how I understood it.

Yeah well I know they said that there won't be any "blob" type species due to the romance story arcs. I don't think species, clothing/armour or any type of customization will be deep either from what I've seen, sadly.

It has to be said although I'm ecstatic about playing this game, aside from Story, Crafting, Companions, and Player Ships/Space Combat there's not an awful lot that makes it stand out from any other MMO. Still 3 out of 4 of those things have me pretty interested.

Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Witya
Agent
Agent
Witya

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2010-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Species & Character Creation   Species & Character Creation - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 12:37 pm

[offtopic]

Quote :

It has to be said although I'm ecstatic about playing this game, aside from Story, Crafting, Companions, and Player Ships/Space Combat there's not an awful lot that makes it stand out from any other MMO. Still 3 out of 4 of those things have me pretty interested.

There are two more things
1. It's FREAKING StAr WaRs!!!
2. You won't sit in the tavern and drink ale before hunting boars or chasing dragons outdoor.
You will consume Spice & spend credits for Twi'Lek dancers before roaming havoc in Nar Shaddaa's underbelly.

Those are the things that I put on the top of the list. I never had opportunity to play SW galaxies, so I have to pay my karma debt Wink

[/offtopic]

It seems the game release is still far, far away looking at the amount of changes that need to be tested again and again. Right now the list of races & combinations is moulding up. I suppose that testers, more or less SW addicts, will ask for diversity (except hilarious combo like chiss Jedi Knight etc.). I think they won't throw more races now, even if they have most of the models like nauts or rodians. It will be just mater of class restrictions.

But hey! SWTOR is MMO. It's not Dragon Age 2, where race/class restrictions could be bothering. Think about SWTOR expansion packs! It won't be Burning Crusade: crazy outlands, space goats that fit WoW universe like Tauren Rogues.

We could get Guild Motherships, new races with new storylines, maybe even new class. For example playable Wookiee (Republic) & Rodian (Empire) with new class Fringer shared on both sides. New Crew skill: Droid Tech: helps you customize your actual artificial companion,create new ones and use new gadgets like scout probe or in-game RP tracking device. New shared planet: Dantooine, with open steppes, caves full of crystals, old isolated farms and settlements that where lost 300 years ago and whole Jedi Praxeum destroyed long time ago by Malak, who buried it's secrets under the ruins.

BioWare will be able to just put their hands in the Star Wars Jar (not Jar Jar!) and pull out pure awesomeness for the expansion packs. And alien races not included in the basic game is one of those things that will be used in future for sure!
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Species & Character Creation   Species & Character Creation - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 12:50 pm

Funny you should say that Witya... I was thinkning something very similar:

Most mmo's tend to bring out expansion packs that add new parts to the game world and extra "end game content".

If you look at BioWare's tradtion with DLC's however, it usually centers around "adding characters to the story". Now, considering TOR is so hot on "each class having a storyline", and that story is some a big fraking deal, it makes me wonder if part of each expansion back will be a new race (+ storyline) for each faction as well as the usual new areas (planets), flashpoints and revisions?

The whole Species thing has been a thorn in TOR's side from the get-go. They know people have their SW favourites and also know that whatever races they put in, people will be upset about the ones that got left out (for every fan that went "Twi'lek! awesome!" there would have been another going "screw the tail-heads, where are the damn wookies?!?"), and BW/LA are well aware of it.

Mmos work on continuing subscriptions and its one of the markets where you really have to give the punters what they want or your product goes nowhere. So its not altogether unlikely that new species will pop up after launch, especially once people have completed the stories for most of the classes/species.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Caryington
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Caryington

Number of posts : 2420
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Species & Character Creation   Species & Character Creation - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 5:44 am

Witya wrote:
1. It's FREAKING StAr WaRs!!!
THIS is the only reason why I'm interested in this game!
Back to top Go down
http://soude.forumactif.com/
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Species & Character Creation   Species & Character Creation - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 3:09 pm

Little bit of an update for you....

Darth Hater wrote:

(Quoting Daniel Erickson talking about the latest issue of PC Gamer)
Hey Folks,

The species/class combo list you're referencing is not accurate. If it does appear in the magazine, that's unfortunate.

My guess is that an enthusiastic member of the press wrote down everything he saw in the character creation screen which, as we've stated often, is nowhere near final. Occasionally we'll have species in odd classes or in all classes because of a bug or testing.

Hope that helps!

Daniel

Unfortunately, we are not sure which pieces are incorrect and which ones aren't. As with any game in development, everything in any current or past build is subject to change. It is important to note that no species/class combination is final until BioWare announces it. Thanks to Gerbo and Meglivorn for pointing out Daniel Erickson's comment in the Dev Tracker.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Species & Character Creation   Species & Character Creation - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 10:47 am

Just a quick question for our resident Beta boy, was it possible to give the Rattataki models hair?

Bit of an odd question I know but after reading up on them I'm considering them as an option for my BH if nothing more 'alien' comes along.
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Species & Character Creation   Species & Character Creation - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Species & Character Creation
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8