The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
CG: Rift - Planes of Telara - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
CG: Rift - Planes of Telara - Page 2 EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
CG: Rift - Planes of Telara - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
CG: Rift - Planes of Telara - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
CG: Rift - Planes of Telara - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
CG: Rift - Planes of Telara - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
CG: Rift - Planes of Telara - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
CG: Rift - Planes of Telara - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
CG: Rift - Planes of Telara - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
CG: Rift - Planes of Telara - Page 2 Vote_b10CG: Rift - Planes of Telara - Page 2 Vote_b11CG: Rift - Planes of Telara - Page 2 Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
CG: Rift - Planes of Telara - Page 2 Vote_b10CG: Rift - Planes of Telara - Page 2 Vote_b11CG: Rift - Planes of Telara - Page 2 Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
CG: Rift - Planes of Telara - Page 2 Vote_b1065%CG: Rift - Planes of Telara - Page 2 Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
CG: Rift - Planes of Telara - Page 2 Vote_b106%CG: Rift - Planes of Telara - Page 2 Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
CG: Rift - Planes of Telara - Page 2 Vote_b1018%CG: Rift - Planes of Telara - Page 2 Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
CG: Rift - Planes of Telara - Page 2 Vote_b106%CG: Rift - Planes of Telara - Page 2 Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
CG: Rift - Planes of Telara - Page 2 Vote_b100%CG: Rift - Planes of Telara - Page 2 Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

CG: Rift - Planes of Telara

Go down 
+4
PrioryJK
Witya
Randomfest
Lunarwolf
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tando
Special Agent
Special Agent
Tando

Number of posts : 1068
Registration date : 2009-04-30

CG: Rift - Planes of Telara - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CG: Rift - Planes of Telara   CG: Rift - Planes of Telara - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 5:10 am

So far Nord I've found 1 quest where I need a group and I'm now lvl 20, but you do need a group to take the Rifts down.
Back to top Go down
http://www.evil-wizards.org/swtor-wiki/index.php/Tando_Alums
Sywyen
Agent
Agent
Sywyen

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2010-06-02

PostSubject: Re: CG: Rift - Planes of Telara   CG: Rift - Planes of Telara - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 12:53 pm

Ok ok, so I finally gave in and decided to buy Rift.. Does everyone still play or what? Also what is the main server? Cause I have friends in class that play on Emberborn.
Back to top Go down
http://Www.IanABrown.wordpress.com
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: CG: Rift - Planes of Telara   CG: Rift - Planes of Telara - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 4:34 pm

Tando, Priory, Myself and Paul's mate Jim play a fair bit (though I've not been on recently as I've been re-writing the D-RP stuff and Priory can't play with his mobile-net)

We all tend to play on the

Argent RP Server (EU) on the Defiant side

Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: CG: Rift - Planes of Telara   CG: Rift - Planes of Telara - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 3:16 am

Good news ..ish, theres someone moving in on Friday and someone in June soo they will need the internet! So its just a matter of time and money ..still Sad
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: CG: Rift - Planes of Telara   CG: Rift - Planes of Telara - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:17 am

PrioryJK wrote:
Good news ..ish, theres someone moving in on Friday and someone in June soo they will need the internet! So its just a matter of time and money ..still Sad

Good!

I need my teleporting grenadier!
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: CG: Rift - Planes of Telara   CG: Rift - Planes of Telara - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 8:05 am

Well, I shall be beginning the trial of this soon to see how I get on with it.

Is there anyway I could see an updated list of the characters in the guild? I'm still struggling to choose a main class, even though L-Dubz said you may need a melee tank of some sort.
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: CG: Rift - Planes of Telara   CG: Rift - Planes of Telara - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 9:19 am

Well although I know some other people here play it, these are the only names / characters I know of on Argent:

Me: Clenipita (Female Kelari Mage - Necromancer / Chloromancer / Dominator) (DPS mainly)
PJK: Stral (Male Kelari Rogue - Riftblade / Saboteur / Bard (I think) (DPS)
Tando: Algien (Male Bahmi Warrior - Paladin / Warlord / Reaver) (Tank)

Non - Guildies:

Jim: Nissatra (Female Bahmi Cleric - dont know souls) (DPS)
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: CG: Rift - Planes of Telara   CG: Rift - Planes of Telara - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 9:29 am

Ah so you DO have a tank. Ok, it looks liek I have a bit of a pick! Looks like you could do with an Off-Tank/Buffer which suits what I was going to go with. Smile

Come to think of it, won't you need some melee dps?
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: CG: Rift - Planes of Telara   CG: Rift - Planes of Telara - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 11:21 am

Ok, so I think I've decided on what class I'm going with, 'cause it just sounds fun:

Nightblade

I'm also thinking about adding the Ranger class with it as I like pets in MMO's. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: CG: Rift - Planes of Telara   CG: Rift - Planes of Telara - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:22 pm

Well to be fair any class can be any calling (enter Mage tanks, rogue healers, etc) so I'd suggest you just play what you're comforatable with because one of the best things about Rift is you're never stuck waiting for "that class" in raids / dungeons; people just swap their roles to suit the needs of the party.

Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: CG: Rift - Planes of Telara   CG: Rift - Planes of Telara - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 4:11 pm

Well I've just levelled a Nightblade to level 8 and I'm not enjoying it at all. The game feels very close to AoC to be honest and that ain't a good sign! Maybe I've chosen the wrong class, (and I will try another one) but first impressions are telling me I'll be bored of this game within about 2 weeks. Here's hoping I find a class I like!
Back to top Go down
Witya
Agent
Agent
Witya

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2010-08-30

PostSubject: Re: CG: Rift - Planes of Telara   CG: Rift - Planes of Telara - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 12:10 am

I've played trial for 3 days, then I've removed it. The game makes terrible first impression: simple wow clone with random public quests. I must admit, the soul mechanic have a potential, and it might be very attractive alternative for WoW:Cataclysm new skill trees. But the rift idea is not as interesting to me. I understand that further in the game the rifts can change the balance in the environment, but problem is, I don't care about the surroundings and Rift Universe. It looks like made in hurry, same as the story and early areas. Every class and race starts in the same way, I would say that it feels very "Warhammer'ish" but in WAR at least your race had huge impact on whole game, not only first levels. I can't really care for my character or his side of conflict, it makes me feel that the idea of creators was: "ok fool level up already! We have awesome stuff behind next hill! I mean it! It's not Azeroth! Really! I know the class mechanic is the same but it's not Azeroth! Move along lazy bastard!"

Same with the character creation: at first glare it's quite complex - but then I've noticed that all classes and races have the same features. It's obvious that the races where added as modern MMO must-have, without any real interest from the creators. Flat clones covered in markings, thrown into same starting zones.

I think after first bad impression when I saw materials from Rift beta, my hopes about the game where rising with help from enthusiastic players Wink. And because of that I was expecting too much from it. Yes, it's not azeroth, but in many aspects of the game, the 7 years older title is still better and more complex.

Since BioWare crapped into my MMO planner this year, I was ready to play something else with you guys, but It won't be Rift. I have to give SWTOR another 6 months to be out Laughing

Anyway, have fun guys (& girls:). I've played Riftstalker/Nightblade/Bladedancer to get max DPS and survivability if SHTF & Warden/Cabalist/Sentinel. First MMO when I've cancelled trial. I'm sure that game gains depth after 20 or 30th level, but the amount of annoying thing in the start made me dislike this game really.

My wife loved the graphic and gameplay xD she will hate SWTOR Suspect
Back to top Go down
Tando
Special Agent
Special Agent
Tando

Number of posts : 1068
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: CG: Rift - Planes of Telara   CG: Rift - Planes of Telara - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 1:39 am

SS if you ask LW, I felt the same as you but after about lvl10 it does get better. I wouldn't say it's the best MMO I've played but it is one of the better ones I've tried.
Back to top Go down
http://www.evil-wizards.org/swtor-wiki/index.php/Tando_Alums
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: CG: Rift - Planes of Telara   CG: Rift - Planes of Telara - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 8:32 am

Yeah, it does get better after level 10 - but then again I never even give ANY mmo my impressions until I'm out of the 'creche levels' because (and yeah, I reckon SWTOR will be the same) the first few levels are about "introducing the player to the game".

Rough translation = first few levels are boring as sh1te.

Doesn't matter what mmo you're playing the first few levels will always be dull and frustrating to the experienced mmo player because its the "training levels" - everything is far too easy, over-explained to the point you want to shout "GET ON WITH IT!" at the screen and frankly, is where most mmo's go wrong because they lose potentially dedicated players by trying to impress the masses rather than focus on their game demographic.

I keep playing / stop playing mmos after the game really "starts" personally, which I find is usually level 11 - 20 somewhere.

Even TOR I am preparing to grit my teeth and sit through:

"Press W to go forward...."
"These [x] will increase your [x] by [x] amount. Remember to carry them often!"
"Lunarwolf has earned the achievement [got through tutorial without gouging his eyes out]!"

Etc.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: CG: Rift - Planes of Telara   CG: Rift - Planes of Telara - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 3:08 pm

Well I got my Beastmaster up to level 14/15 and I'm still not really feeling the game. I'd have to agree with Witya on a lot of his points. It does feel like it's tried to take the best bits of MMO's and gel them all into one game. Unfortunately for me also, it feels very hurried. The biggest dissapointment for me is the combat really, it's erm..."clunky" (is that a word? Laughing). I had what seemed like an interesting class which I understood reasonably well (I thought), but still I found myself nodding off at the monitor after a good hour or so.

Ah well I gave it a go, and cheers for the stuff you gave me L-Dubz. Would you like it back? Wink

Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: CG: Rift - Planes of Telara   CG: Rift - Planes of Telara - Page 2 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 12:21 am

LOL - well I can count the amount of mmo's we've agreed upon on like 3 fingers Mr Shot, but its a 7day free trial so its no biggie Smile

What does worry me though is are we all gonna agree on TOR? Fingers crossed the HUGE amount of time its taking to get it ready means there will at least be 1 part of it each of us like Smile

I still really love Rift; its easily my fav mmo in the last 10 years and for that I'd kinda thankful otherwise I'd be well out of mmo-practice before TOR came out!
Back to top Go down
Witya
Agent
Agent
Witya

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2010-08-30

PostSubject: Re: CG: Rift - Planes of Telara   CG: Rift - Planes of Telara - Page 2 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 1:16 am

Rift is good if you're looking for WoW's pretty & slutty cousin. Nice views, same controllers and mechanics, lot's of useful interface stuff for player. I suppose it's same amount of fun in PvE.

The reason why I'm so fanatic about starting areas is, from my experience, it's vivid part of all RP. If you want to create background character, it's rather waste of time to level it up till 20 or 30 just to go outside starting areas. Yes, sometimes I had to travel with 5-6 lvl char to Booty Bay in WoW. NOT FUNNY! But some of my favourite RP chars where just located in starting areas in WoW or Lineage II. Damn, even in WAR the fun of crowded tier I RvR lakes was hilarious. I see that in Rift it's meant to be played, as you said, quickly, to level up and join PvE or PvP content. Well, I always play MMO real slow, I want to Explore, find interesting items (trash items are damn useful in RP!), rise crafting to maximum at current lvl and gain exp in PvP>PvE if possible. No Hurry - it's MMO.

The lack of actual REAL storyline and interesting universe & races is second sin of Rift.
de gustibus non est disputandum

I'm not worried about TOR really Smile The game is much more complex, have all the features that we like, it's Star Wars, and, most important, we will ALL play it ASAP Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: CG: Rift - Planes of Telara   CG: Rift - Planes of Telara - Page 2 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 1:34 am

I see where you're coming from Witya and I fully appreciate the starting-area comments as its one of the few things I dislike about Rift. It doesnt help that when you start you're in an "emergency situation" so everything feels like its urgent and you have to 'press on'. In some ways I can see why they did it, but from an RP standpoint it sucks horribly because its hard to RP with people when their characters are charging off into the distance Razz

I'll respectfully disagree with you on the storyline aspect though, at least in part. Rift has a massive, highly complex storyline (which is the part I disagree on) but for some reason best known to themselves (I STILL cant figure it out) it almost entirely exhists in books you pick up rather than assimilated into the game, specifically npc responses and the evolution/creation of different areas of the game.

All you get from the website is THIS which doesn't really tell you that much, and if you want to work out the rest you have to read the huge collections of books your character picks up (who's clever idea was that? at what point in an mmo do you sit down for 2 hours and read several hundred pages? if nothing else you'll get D/C for being afk too long Razz)

Telarapedia is doing a good job of (slowly) piecing together the lore but its a long, slow process as there is literally SH1T-LOADS of it. I'm a huge fan of Rift and I've got through maybe 1/3 of it - so what likelyhood is there that a casual gamer will read any of it whatsoever?

Whoever decided that using in-game books to describe the lore that should be interwoven into the story as you play should be shot.

Incidently, Telarpedia has a lot of the lore HERE for anyone whos interested.

@ Witya specifically: How come we've not seen you over at the New Site btw? or are you using a handle other than 'Witya' there?
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: CG: Rift - Planes of Telara   CG: Rift - Planes of Telara - Page 2 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 4:21 am

Lunarwolf wrote:

What does worry me though is are we all gonna agree on TOR? Fingers crossed the HUGE amount of time its taking to get it ready means there will at least be 1 part of it each of us like Smile

From that video you posted I'd have to say yes. I honestly can't see anything in Rift that looks as half as tasty as TOR. Maybe it's being in an actual RPG with a story. Or the fact that it's not another WoW clone with wizards and warriors. Or its developed by BioWare. Maybe it's just that it's a Star Wars game, I dunno. I just know that there's something about SW:TOR that I know I'm just gonna love. As long as we keep the RP going, and don't have members that just rush off and powerlevel 24/7 and forget about the fact that we're an RP guild I'm sure I'll get right into it!!
Back to top Go down
Randomfest
Freelancer
Freelancer
Randomfest

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2010-06-02

PostSubject: Re: CG: Rift - Planes of Telara   CG: Rift - Planes of Telara - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 11:34 am

so i've been busy with school and not doing anything but that xD i go to log onto Rift and my account was hacked and banned =/ tsk tsk trion plus i can't log in to it to see any support or anything /shrug hope they at least stopped billing me or i'm going on a shooting spree Very Happy lol did anyone playing rift happen to see my character doing wierd things or replying in chinese?
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: CG: Rift - Planes of Telara   CG: Rift - Planes of Telara - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am

Woah - hopefully that was after they introduced the "coin lock" security feature? if so the worst a hacker could do was run round and earn you money and experience, lol!

But no, can't say I saw you acting weird(er than normal) Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CG: Rift - Planes of Telara   CG: Rift - Planes of Telara - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2