The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Guild 'Receptionist' EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Guild 'Receptionist' EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Guild 'Receptionist' EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Guild 'Receptionist' EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Guild 'Receptionist' EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Guild 'Receptionist' EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Guild 'Receptionist' EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Guild 'Receptionist' EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Guild 'Receptionist' EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Guild 'Receptionist' Vote_b10Guild 'Receptionist' Vote_b11Guild 'Receptionist' Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Guild 'Receptionist' Vote_b10Guild 'Receptionist' Vote_b11Guild 'Receptionist' Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Guild 'Receptionist' Vote_b1065%Guild 'Receptionist' Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Guild 'Receptionist' Vote_b106%Guild 'Receptionist' Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Guild 'Receptionist' Vote_b1018%Guild 'Receptionist' Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Guild 'Receptionist' Vote_b100%Guild 'Receptionist' Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Guild 'Receptionist'

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Guild 'Receptionist' Empty
PostSubject: Guild 'Receptionist'   Guild 'Receptionist' EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 3:30 pm

A while back I proposed we considered the idea of having a receptionist type NPC who would act as an assistant/PA for the Agents of the E.P.O.C.H. (found here) which was rather well received. So with no further adue I'd like to introduce (pending approval) our lovely receptionist:

Malindrll Mdybo [Ma-lin-drull Di-bow]

Guild 'Receptionist' Etti_r12

She's an Etti with numerous cybernetic implants facilitating her role as super-PA with no small amount of skill in slicing (hacking). Unswervingly loyal to the Agency, she is incorruptible and thoroughly professional. Never seeming to sleep, she's always available at the end of a comlink to assist Agents with whatever they need. She has a rich almost musical voice and there is no living tongue she doesn't speak like a native.

Personality
Malindrll is ultra-intelligent (bordering on genius) and very experienced in handling all types of people. Like any good professional in the customer services or hospitality trades, she takes her cue from whoever she is speaking to and engages them on their own level, moulding her responses and pitching her vocabulary to the person she's dealing with. If her contact is stodgy and dour she is all business, gets straight to the point and speaks plainly, but if her contact is flirty she can be charming and playful. However she is always friendly, courteous and never crude.

Suggested Uses
I envision Malindrll as being never seen in the flesh and a bit of a mystery. No one but the Falleen knows her exact location for security reasons (she has all the Agency's contacts and dealings at her fingertips after all^^).
Her role as a plain receptionist is obviously open to all people inside and outside of E.P.O.C.H. but I would suggest her wider uses are a resource available only to full Agency members once they've earned their stripes.
Within RP I see people using Malindrll as an RP tool, not as a fast-track to the end-game. She's not a font of all knowledge. If you want to use her to gain intel please confirm the info you receive from her with the GM BEFORE you include it in an RP post. Or a GM may wish to play out her responses in conversation with the player within the RP. Either way please PM the RP's GM beforehand.

So I hope you all approve Very Happy. If there's anything you want to add, please reply on this thread to discuss further ideas or changes.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Guild 'Receptionist'   Guild 'Receptionist' EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 3:39 pm

Heh, I knew this would be genius. Bravo sir!

If you are recommending nobody meet her "in the flesh", can I assume all of her contact will be via holographic communication? Personally I think that might be best, but I'm open to suggestions and obviously waiting for the Chief's approval on such a matter.

I think you're right that nobody but Falleen should actually meet her (I'm including Aleena in this, incidently and recommend the same for Special Agents as well), it would not only keep her (and her knowledge-base) safe, but also adds an element of mystery (is she actually real or just an AI image? etc).

I would be excellent if there was a link to her on both this page (and perhaps even the wiki?) where people could leave her questions (ic-of course) that she could reply, most likely in a thread/post format.

Also on a purely aethetical level she gets the thumbs-up from me because anyone of the female persuasion able to wrestle the top off of Saffron and not have a bruise on her either has to be a mistress of manipulation or a hand-to-hand bad***, either way its win-win.

Great work as always, Hare. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Guild 'Receptionist'   Guild 'Receptionist' EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 3:46 pm

Looks mighty fine - but who's actually going to "make" her? I mean, all those different choices, ideas, reactions, etc. Plus, is this going to be voiced or not? Where do you even get the program O.- . Sounds confusing to me (maybe I'm still thinking along the lines of Mantell's Droid), though for now we can just have her on pen and paper. To be honest, it's something I'd prefer to have when the game comes out, though I guess the other arguement is that a head start would be nice.

P.S. At least we found Skursir's "female contact" that he gives to the potential recruit in the Hyperion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guild 'Receptionist'   Guild 'Receptionist' EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 4:28 pm

This is just for RP, Harl. I'm not wanting to recreate the front-end to the Mantell web page. She's just like any other NPC (but with a few provisos on her useage). If the bosses want to expand her use to a sort of IC Q&A RPish type thread like Dubz has suggested, that's another thing.

And thanks for the kind comments guys!^^
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Guild 'Receptionist'   Guild 'Receptionist' EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 5:05 pm

Ah ok, yeah, in that case it's great! Wink
Back to top Go down
zoran
Registered
Registered
zoran

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Guild 'Receptionist'   Guild 'Receptionist' EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 3:34 am

A good idea, but if you dont mind me saying i think a droid would of been more suitable, but well done. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Guild 'Receptionist'   Guild 'Receptionist' EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 3:57 am

My first thought was "Do we really need another character for the Falleen/SS to lust after and *cough* fondle with?"

So after many hours of hard work I redesigned the Receptionist to this I hope you approve Harewood
Spoiler:

This sounds great Harewood, especially in RP if we need some info passed along and Aleena Creed etc are unavailable and members don't have time to post Smile

As for her Receptionist role on the Guild, who would control her? Are we going to allow all high up members to access her account and post replys to questions? Or as shes your creation Hare do you have complete control? Smile
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Guild 'Receptionist'   Guild 'Receptionist' EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 4:05 am

I think all officers should be able to take control of her as if one of them is offline or absent for a long time then it could cause big problems. Of course, Harewood is the man behind the Mario face thus far, so like the Newsletter with me, maybe he should control it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guild 'Receptionist'   Guild 'Receptionist' EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 4:47 am

PrioryJK wrote:
This sounds great Harewood, especially in RP if we need some info passed along and Aleena Creed etc are unavailable and members don't have time to post Smile
That's exactly it, Jack. I think it could really help keep RPs ticking over. And I think you're right. Putting yet another sexy girl at The Mysterious Falleen's clawtips might be going a step too far. Best go with your revision!^^

@zoran - All comments are welcome Smile. I went with flesh and blood over droid because that's what most people preferred when I first aired the idea. And besides, with nobody ever having 'met' met her, and the bizarre way she never seems to sleep - who's to say she's not an AI? Wink

@Harl - I agree that if she is taken out of the box so to speak and given a profile on the site and replies to IC stuff then it should be the Officers who utilise her, as it's the Officers who have more responsibility in that area and who can give more 'official' replies.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Guild 'Receptionist'   Guild 'Receptionist' EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 6:54 am

Hehehehe! I like this idea. Good work mate. Smile

Maybe it might be a nice idea if we had an in-character welcome on each of the client boards with Malindrll asking what services each allie/client requires? I like the idea that she's not seen in person as well as it kinda adds the all important mysterious flavour that I don't stop banging on about!
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org

PostSubject: Re: Guild 'Receptionist'   Guild 'Receptionist' EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 8:03 am

Hurrah! Approval from the Boss! Guild 'Receptionist' Happy-smiley-8815

Well even though she's a Harewood creation, she's guild property so whatever you Officer types want to do with her, be my guest^^
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Guild 'Receptionist'   Guild 'Receptionist' EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 8:37 am

I have an idea! What if we make an entirely seperate account for her and give the password only to the top dogs of the guild. ie. The Officers. This would give an extremely smooth approach in my opinion...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guild 'Receptionist'   Guild 'Receptionist' EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 10:37 am

Harlequin2 wrote:
I have an idea! What if we make an entirely seperate account for her and give the password only to the top dogs of the guild. ie. The Officers. This would give an extremely smooth approach in my opinion...
Great idea, Sherlock! Seriously Harl, how do you come up with these things? Guild 'Receptionist' Person-smiley-9834
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Guild 'Receptionist'   Guild 'Receptionist' EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 10:44 am

I take after the best! Wink *brown nose*
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: Guild 'Receptionist'   Guild 'Receptionist' EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 11:55 am

Harewood wrote:
Hurrah! Approval from the Boss! Guild 'Receptionist' Happy-smiley-8815

Well even though she's a Harewood creation, she's guild property so whatever you Officer types want to do with her, be my guest^^

Well if you know about secret Project number 3 you'll know what LW is already doing to her Wink

Oh and play nice Harewood I love you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guild 'Receptionist'   Guild 'Receptionist' EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 12:26 pm

Haha! I am playing nice Jack! C'mon, who wouldn't deserve a ribbing for having "ideas" which are already under discussion on the same thread Guild 'Receptionist' Person-smiley-9836? It's all in good fun! Razz

As for Dubz's Secret Project #3; it's sick and degrading and I've already said I'll have no part in it! (Ehem...) Suspect
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Guild 'Receptionist'   Guild 'Receptionist' EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 12:30 pm

I'm the Editor of the Newsletter and Lunar still won't give me a sneak preview to taunt everyone else with Sad

Back on topic though, there's a reason why her location is unknown you sick minded so-and-sos...
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Guild 'Receptionist'   Guild 'Receptionist' EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 12:44 pm

Hehehe! I've seen a bit of a the secret project and Hare's right, it's sick and degrading....and I love it!!! Can't wait to see the reactions from the swtor community! Haha! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org

PostSubject: Re: Guild 'Receptionist'   Guild 'Receptionist' EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 12:48 pm

Harlequin2 wrote:
I'm the Editor of the Newsletter and Lunar still won't give me a sneak preview to taunt everyone else with Sad
I found out because a) it involves one of my characters; and b) I'm quite good at Photoshoppy stuff and can help. Even though Dubz and I have become pretty friendly and we sometimes chat online outside of EPOCH and we're working on CODEX together, Sureshot has known about his Secret Project for ages abut I've only just found out! You're right, it's not fair. Bast**ds. Let's form our own club Harl, and not tell them what we're doing! Cool
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: Guild 'Receptionist'   Guild 'Receptionist' EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 1:10 pm

Harewood wrote:
Haha! I am playing nice Jack! C'mon, who wouldn't deserve a ribbing for having "ideas" which are already under discussion on the same thread Guild 'Receptionist' Person-smiley-9836? It's all in good fun! Razz

As for Dubz's Secret Project #3; it's sick and degrading and I've already said I'll have no part in it! (Ehem...) Suspect

Well I was just reading it thinking "Well one person knows whats going on in this conversation" and I'm not sure he's clocked on yet Razz

On another note what needs doing to get this up and running? apart from an account making?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guild 'Receptionist'   Guild 'Receptionist' EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 1:32 pm

PrioryJK wrote:
Well I was just reading it thinking "Well one person knows whats going on in this conversation" and I'm not sure he's clocked on yet Razz
I'm too subtle, that's my problem. lol

Last edited by Harewood on Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mucked up me quotes code!)
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Guild 'Receptionist'   Guild 'Receptionist' EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 1:36 pm

Harewood wrote:
Let's form our own club Harl, and not tell them what we're doing! Cool

We don't have anything to form a club around Red! Razz
In any case, I'm interested in this secret project, but I guess I'll just have to wait! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Guild 'Receptionist'   Guild 'Receptionist' EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 2:44 am

Don't worry Harl, it'll only remain secret until I have enough to show Smile (its in the very early stages)
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Guild 'Receptionist'   Guild 'Receptionist' EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 7:26 am

Hare, I'm brewing a new story in my noggin and was wondering if I could use Mz Mdybo in a npc-shaped capacity please?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guild 'Receptionist'   Guild 'Receptionist' EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 8:26 am

Sure, no problem! So long as she's never physically there and always only a holographic presence/voive down a comlink, of course^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guild 'Receptionist'   Guild 'Receptionist' Empty

Back to top Go down

Guild 'Receptionist'
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next