The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
What Do You Like Most About Being In A Guild? EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
What Do You Like Most About Being In A Guild? EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
What Do You Like Most About Being In A Guild? EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
What Do You Like Most About Being In A Guild? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
What Do You Like Most About Being In A Guild? EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
What Do You Like Most About Being In A Guild? EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
What Do You Like Most About Being In A Guild? EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
What Do You Like Most About Being In A Guild? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
What Do You Like Most About Being In A Guild? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
What Do You Like Most About Being In A Guild? Vote_b10What Do You Like Most About Being In A Guild? Vote_b11What Do You Like Most About Being In A Guild? Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
What Do You Like Most About Being In A Guild? Vote_b10What Do You Like Most About Being In A Guild? Vote_b11What Do You Like Most About Being In A Guild? Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
What Do You Like Most About Being In A Guild? Vote_b1065%What Do You Like Most About Being In A Guild? Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
What Do You Like Most About Being In A Guild? Vote_b106%What Do You Like Most About Being In A Guild? Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
What Do You Like Most About Being In A Guild? Vote_b1018%What Do You Like Most About Being In A Guild? Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
What Do You Like Most About Being In A Guild? Vote_b106%What Do You Like Most About Being In A Guild? Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
What Do You Like Most About Being In A Guild? Vote_b100%What Do You Like Most About Being In A Guild? Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

What Do You Like Most About Being In A Guild?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

What Do You Like Most About Being In A Guild? Empty
PostSubject: What Do You Like Most About Being In A Guild?   What Do You Like Most About Being In A Guild? EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 5:41 pm

As I've 'normally' always been the guy running the guild, I sometimes miss what I'd like a guild to offer me. Then again, I think any guild master can say it's nice to see a guild you've created go on and on though, even after you've left which I thank Maimai for as she is currently doing it for me (Thanks hon!).

It's almost like you've left a permanent stamp on a MMO, and I can tell you now the ONLY thing that keeps it going is the dedication of it's members. Personally I think it's important to build up your own small community first and then work around the outside community to further your expansion. This is especially important in roleplaying communities I find. In all fairness in MMO's we're a dying breed! Nowadays alll people want to do is gank and jump (or in most cases get kicked) from guild to guild.

Personally I like the idea of being in a stable enviroment where players can become friends and if you will consorts to each other. All in all it makes for a much better gaming experience. I've certainly made some good pals through MMO's which is why I always get hyped over a new one being released.

This may sounds a tad sad but at the end of the day it's one of the reasons why we play MMO's isn't it?

What are your thoughts about being in a guild?

REPOSTED AT SWTOR.COM:

Link - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=16384
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Like Most About Being In A Guild?   What Do You Like Most About Being In A Guild? EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 6:52 pm

Well, I just posted on SWTOR but then realized that it was more personal and should have been posted here. But I used a lot of big words so my remorse evens out.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Like Most About Being In A Guild?   What Do You Like Most About Being In A Guild? EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 10:01 am

No worries chap. Thats why I cross-posted it as I wanted to know what the community felt. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Like Most About Being In A Guild?   What Do You Like Most About Being In A Guild? EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 1:18 pm

Personally, I find a guild (by which I mean a good one, I've been in plenty of bad ones for short periods of time) is like an extended family of people you come to know well and work well together. Whether its a role-playing, pvp or casual guild it always has it little dramas and great heart-warming moments.

You get a real sense of achievement as the community begins to grow; from a game mechanic perspective you get to know and understand each others' 'roles' and know who to call before you set out on some group endevour. Its great to watch other people helping each other out as well, making sure that everyone gets the chance to enjoy the game to the fullest with the support of like-minded people watching their backs.

The added bonus with a role-playing guild is that you get to live out the story of each other's characters collectively, and it becomes less of a "game" and more of your own collabortaive saga of a story in which you're all actors.

Star Wars has the potential to bring this kind of story-interaction to epic levels.... we could all be the people in that certain bar on mos eisley (excuse spelling, probably wrong), and what are each of our stories? one way to find out....
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Like Most About Being In A Guild?   What Do You Like Most About Being In A Guild? EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 2:14 pm

Very well put, LDubs. I couldn't have said better nor as well.
Back to top Go down
Godjera
Registered
Registered
Godjera

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Like Most About Being In A Guild?   What Do You Like Most About Being In A Guild? EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 4:14 pm

MMOs require teamwork to complete the harder sections of the game. This would require a team of reliable players. Being in a guild gives you the pleasure of knowing you have people you can regularly rely on, as well as having a laugh at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Like Most About Being In A Guild?   What Do You Like Most About Being In A Guild? Empty

Back to top Go down

What Do You Like Most About Being In A Guild?
Page 1 of 1