The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
What will become of the Newsletter? EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
What will become of the Newsletter? EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
What will become of the Newsletter? EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
What will become of the Newsletter? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
What will become of the Newsletter? EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
What will become of the Newsletter? EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
What will become of the Newsletter? EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
What will become of the Newsletter? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
What will become of the Newsletter? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
What will become of the Newsletter? Vote_b10What will become of the Newsletter? Vote_b11What will become of the Newsletter? Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
What will become of the Newsletter? Vote_b10What will become of the Newsletter? Vote_b11What will become of the Newsletter? Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
What will become of the Newsletter? Vote_b1065%What will become of the Newsletter? Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
What will become of the Newsletter? Vote_b106%What will become of the Newsletter? Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
What will become of the Newsletter? Vote_b1018%What will become of the Newsletter? Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
What will become of the Newsletter? Vote_b106%What will become of the Newsletter? Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
What will become of the Newsletter? Vote_b100%What will become of the Newsletter? Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

What will become of the Newsletter?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

What will become of the Newsletter? Empty
PostSubject: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 10:48 am

Some people may remember the first copy of the newsletter and some words to describe could have been: "Massive!" "Immense"" "Quality". Unfortunately, that same massive and immense quality have caused me problems. The first good reason I have is that I've pretty much been on my own on this one, with only two people providing (though really great) an article each. Compare that to the 6 I have to do alone (excluding the puzzle), I'm not really in a good position. Secondly, GCSEs have struck! Not literally, but being the youngest member of the guild has it's downside and I'm subject to revision and homework. I also need a social life outside of the forum and school. With all this, I find it hard to get time to do 9 whole pages by myself.

Now, the newsletter may just be a dim memory, so maybe you've thought about it once saying "Weren't we supposed to get another?". I admit I am to blame due to not raising this issue before hand, but something must be done, an idea like the newsletter is too good to give up and so I'd like to make the following changes (with everyone's consent of course):

Guild News
This is, as before, just a run-down of new allies, members, achievements, job-offers (more in-game than on forums), promotions and also some ally news thrown into the mix. This is just a brief mish-mash of everything that's been in the air.
Forum Updates (PrioryJK)
Specific to the forum, new stories, roleplaying news and the Top Thread of the Month. This is quite simple and so should be easy.
ToR Updates (Redwatch)
The Top ToR update of the month. The person who does this section can share his own personal views on the update. Leaked information will also be shown here if any.
Puzzle
Simple. A puzzle. Just a random and wacky fun game each month to keep the interest and introduce new members to topics and info they didn't know were there!
Special
A special topic each week, be it a Trandoshan's Tips, a Member interview, an Ally interview, a Holocast News or a Guest Monolgue (can be anonymous is wanted). Members can send ideas to me to go here as well.

"5 parts!?" you say. Well, I've had complaints about the length and as I've said, it's also hard for me to handle. This will keep it cheap, but in my opinion, cheerful and straight to the point aswell which is what we need. Looking back, I don't like having so many interviews and parts. I'd prefer this setup if everyone's happy to go along with it. This means that it'll go back to monthly as well. However, I still need help and I'd greatly appreciate people giving me a hand. It's you're choice though and I won't force it upon you.

In any case, I'd like to know what you all think and if this set-up is good enough to get the green light.

-H2

Last edited by Harlequin2 on Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 11:49 am

Once I've finished the Webcomic H2, I'll lend a hand Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 5:00 am

I agree, I think a trimmed down version is the right way to go. However, going forward I'm not convinced about the monthly puzzle. I'm not sure how many people would actually bother once the novelty wears off. I'll admit that I didn't finish the last one (I wen't off and played Fable2 instead).

For a bit of light-hearted fun how about a one-liner 'Quote of the Month' (or 'Say What?')? Something random and wacky that shows what a fun and, er, odd assortment of people we are. It'd take up no space at all too.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 6:34 am

Redwatch wrote:

For a bit of light-hearted fun how about a one-liner 'Quote of the Month' (or 'Say What?')? Something random and wacky that shows what a fun and, er, odd assortment of people we are. It'd take up no space at all too.

A one-liner quote? from HERE?!?! By the gods, we'd get arrested!

Wink

A smalller newsletter could mean a more frequent newsletter, which I think would be a bonus, personally Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 8:50 am

Yes, but still monthly mind so we can still manage it. Over at the GTC, it's a weekly deal and they're struggling! Perhaps you're right RW, and I heard that not many others did it either. Something that has humour though - we'll see.

I'd also like all ambassadors to report to me on the 15th of each month with news from their guild, that would get the ally news nailed down I believe. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 11:29 am

This all sounds good. Only problem I have is the hot topics section. To be honest if its in Guild Discussion then I don't really want to release it to the public. What's said in Guild Discussion stays in Guild Discussion as far as I'm concerned, so as long as it's not taken from there I don't mind.

I've got no problem with the puzzle being in or out so I'll leave that up to you to decide Harly. Also dion't forget the guild members interview. Who's up for it this month anyway? I think I did the last the last one on Harly so it'd be nice if we had another couple of people doing this one.

I'm seriously busy at the minute but I don't mind writing an intro or interviewing an ally (probably RoM as we haven't heard from them in a while).
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 12:50 pm

I believe that we have to cut down on the member and ally interviews to get this thing out faster. As I said before, I'd prefer it if we fluctuated between member interviews, ally interviews, Trando tips, Holonews, guest monologues, etc. It's all in the special section. If it goes well, we can consider making anoth slot for a "special" but for now I want to keep it sweet and simple. And yeah, the hot topic will stay out of the guild discussion! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 6:12 am

So are we doing another newsletter? There has been a lot going recently (not counting the last few days Razz!) so there should be plenty of news items. It's been a while since the last one so there should be plenty on swtor.com to sumarise too. I'll volunteer to help out^^
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 6:58 am

Harewood wrote:
I'll volunteer to help out^^

Check out our united front! Yeah I'm in too - got a few projects on the go at the moment, but I'm here to lend a hand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 7:06 am

Lunarwolf wrote:
...got a few projects on the go at the moment, but I'm here to lend a hand.
Ditto Very Happy! But it'd be a shame to let another month slip by without driving this forward. And we're stronger together! Go team!! cheers
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 7:13 am

I'll help but where is Mr Woah?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 7:23 am

PrioryJK wrote:
I'll help but where is Mr Woah?
Well schools don't finish till about 3:30 (or at least they did back in my day^^) and I distantly remember there being a lot of homework during GCSE years. And like he says in the OP, he needs a social life too. So when you do have time to don your Newsletter Editor-in-Chief hat, Harl, we'll help you out with whatever you need. Smile
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 8:21 am

Cheers guys. I'm already working on this month's newsletter, but I could use the help! Is it okay if we go with the following:

Forum Updates: Priory
ToR Updates: Redwatch

You can switch round if you want but at the moment, I've got everything else covered. I also need an idea for the Special. Right now, it'll be a Trandoshan's Tips, but if you guys want something else, please send me the idea and we can work on that. Thanks!

P.S. I'm juggling with the idea of switching the Puzzle section around with another Special. Can I have your thoughts on that please guys?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 9:47 am

I'm fine with that, how 'bout you PJK?
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 1:11 pm

Just finished the Trandoshan's Tips. This month the subject is Enforcement. I've made it shorter than before for easier reading as many of you complained about the size before. But, I think you'll still enjoy it. Smile
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 1:30 pm

Yup fine, what updates should I cover Sith alignment Harewoods new guild etc or just new important discussion topics?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 5:23 pm

I've just finished the SWTOR updates section and sent it to the Editor for approval. If there're any more announcements/dispatches etc released at swtor.com before our newsletter gets released then I'll add them in too.
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 7:03 am

Harl not sure when you want it for but I'm a bit busy today and tomorrow, after that I'll good Smile
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 9:55 am

Ok, Forum Updates is really just split into 1) Roleplaying, 2) Storytelling, 3) Important Discussions and 4) The Top Topic of the Month.

This is also due for the 25th, where I'll then hand everything into SS and Lunar.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 3:57 pm

Sorry to be a donkey guys but my editor juices have kicked in, and I'm sorry to single you out Priory but in need those Forum Updates in pronto! Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 1:24 am

There's been a whole planet reveal since I handed in my homework so I'll update the whole thing and send it to you again ASAP Harl.
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 4:01 am

Harlequin2 wrote:
Sorry to be a donkey guys but my editor juices have kicked in, and I'm sorry to single you out Priory but in need those Forum Updates in pronto! Razz
Oh crap! I'm not going to lie Harl I completely forgot, gota lot going on, I'll get it to you before the 25th though Smile
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 10:28 am

PrioryJK wrote:
Yup fine, what updates should I cover Sith alignment Harewoods new guild etc or just new important discussion topics?

I was going to cover that at the start in my Guild Leader's introduction bit.

BTW who's being interviewed in this newsletters "Agent Interview"?
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 10:58 am

Sureshot wrote:
BTW who's being interviewed in this newsletters "Agent Interview"?
I thought Harl was dropping the interviews. Question
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 11:03 am

No one, the Special Section is covered by a Trandoshan's Tips. I asked previously if anyone had any ideas but no-one came forward...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? Empty

Back to top Go down

What will become of the Newsletter?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next