The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Guild Newsletter EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Guild Newsletter EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Guild Newsletter EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Guild Newsletter EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Guild Newsletter EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Guild Newsletter EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Guild Newsletter EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Guild Newsletter EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Guild Newsletter EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Guild Newsletter Vote_b10Guild Newsletter Vote_b11Guild Newsletter Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Guild Newsletter Vote_b1065%Guild Newsletter Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Guild Newsletter Vote_b106%Guild Newsletter Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Guild Newsletter Vote_b1018%Guild Newsletter Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Guild Newsletter Vote_b100%Guild Newsletter Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Guild Newsletter

Go down 
+2
Sureshot
Harlequin2
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Guild Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Guild Newsletter   Guild Newsletter EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 8:28 am

Though this has been approved (instantly may I add, so it must be good) by SS, I feel that I must post it up to show everyone what my idea is. It's basically a weekly newsletter (hopefully going out every saturday/friday) that will be the member's one-stop-shop to the latest guild news. It may include:

1. We can display the top 3 or 5 topics around the forum. This can draw our attentions much more effectively and if you want, can get some dying threads a much needed boost. I'm thinking of the title "Top Topics" for this, a brief summery under each one would be nice.
2. Being weekly, we can have Bioware's update on it, followed by links and perhaps embedded videos. Comic strips may as well have a link to keep the newsletter small.
3. We can gather up all the leaked info, from holocron, the offical forums, etc, giving our members a lot more to chew on. Granted, there may notbe a lot, but if we find something, it may be best to spread it around so everyone knows.
4. Backstories. Every week we post up a piece from a random member's backstory. This will hopefully strengthen bonds between members and get them to know more about each other. This may even get people to read more.
5. We can have a 'poll of the week'. Not much, but it may gather important information from other members and could be fun to see the results. They need not be serious, but they can be.
6. Current Roleplay situations in the forum's hottest RP. This can be in the form of a holonet update such as "Gang leader X has just stolen money from Civilian Y and now is on the run from Republic Policeman Z". It may even get people more interested in joining the roleplay.
7. In this section we have guild news. It will obviously flourish more when the game comes out, but right now, it will have news such as the new guild name or new alliances. Not to say such important things won't be highlighted after the game goes gold.
8. Forum updates. This will highlight what changes the forum has taken over the week, This bit may usually be empty, but sometimes it could hold important information that members should be aware of. The newsletter is a good way of getting this through.
9. Enemy of the week. This can be fun or serious, fun in that it can be a player that has done something to the guild and/or its members and is highlighted to generate fun RP. The serious bit is that it can be a player that doesn't RP, swears about the guild, hacks, etc. and should generally be avoided.
10. The last section can be a bit about the weekly best picture. This can be from members, a leaked and interesting picture from the game, or just a star wars related funny. You decide, boss Smile This can be followed with a sentance about were its from and a link to were you got it from...

Thanks to Members:

11. Member of the week. This highlights a member that has done extraordinary work for the guild in the month and deserves to be showcased. This also serves as a good example to other members on how to act and gives a bit of competition.
[12. Client Spotlight. This is basically an interview with a chosen client about the guild’s services, etc. The interview is usually to the guild leader or ambassador.

We do need a name though, I'm thinking, "The Hunter's Hotspot" or "The Fringe" or even "The EPOCH Holonews". I guess I need help on this one...

Last edited by Harlequin2 on Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Guild Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Newsletter   Guild Newsletter EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 8:40 am

I really do like this idea. The only thing that worries me is how to actually set up the newsletter! I'm pretty sure theres an option on here that allows me to send out emails to everyone so I'll look into that.

My fave parts of this are:

Quote :
4. Backstories. Every week we post up a piece from a random member's backstory. This will hopefully strengthen bonds between members and get them to know more about each other. This may even get people to read more.

I think this is just brilliant. It'll give us a chance to get to know everyones character a little bit better and maybe we could even include (very) short stories for the budding writers in the guild.

Quote :
6. Current Roleplay situations in the forum's hottest RP. This can be in the form of a holonet update such as "Gang leader X has just stolen money from Civilian Y and now is on the run from Republic Policeman Z". It may even get people more interested in joining the roleplay.

Again I think this is cool cause the RP does need a bit of a boost.

Quote :
1. We can display the top 3 or 5 topics around the forum. This can draw our attentions much more effectively and if you want, can get some dying threads a much needed boost. I'm thinking of the title "Top Topics" for this, a brief summery under each one would be nice.

Great idea. I often miss some topics on here cause we get too many threads being posted so this will be handy for me alone.

This is the only one I'm not so sure about:

Quote :
9. Enemy of the week. This can be fun or serious, fun in that it can be a player that has done something to the guild and/or its members and is highlighted to generate fun RP. The serious bit is that it can be a player that doesn't RP, swears about the guild, hacks, etc. and should generally be avoided.

If we do put this in then it would HAVE to be in character and fun. Anything serious could result in making unwanted enemies! Anyway if we had an enemy of the week Darka would just win everytime! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org

Guild Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Newsletter   Guild Newsletter EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 8:47 am

I really like this idea! Is this something you'll be pulling together yourself Harl? Cos it sounds like a huge undertaking if it's to be more than a summary.
Back to top Go down
nosyd
Freelancer
Freelancer
nosyd

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2009-06-06

Guild Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Newsletter   Guild Newsletter EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 8:59 am

This is a really good amd I love the idea you have for it. I'm looking forward to the first edition.

I do think that a weekly newsletter may be a little too much for one person to do? Maybe have it every fortnight or so? Especially with the ideas you have and the amount of information you want to put in it.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Guild Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Newsletter   Guild Newsletter EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 9:03 am

For the "Enemy" section, we can remove the seriousness and just make it fun. For instance, if we get into a war with another guild, it should be put on the newsletter to make everyone aware of it.

I have opted to do it, but I would like some help because as you say, it's a huge undertaking. Perhaps we could have 2-3 people, each doing 5-3 sections each? Then we could send it off to SS for "printing". I think Sureshot should be thought of as the Editor in this respect, or if not, I can do it.

I believe that it has to be weekly to give it continuity and to make it fresh. A lot can happen in a week and having it every fortnight can miss out a lot.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Guild Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Newsletter   Guild Newsletter EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 9:23 am

I think this is a spiffing Idea, H2 - well done!

One word of warning though - and I dont wanna put you off here - that does look like a lot of work, as people have said.

I'd recommend either

A:) Teaming up with someone on this to spread the workload

or

B:) Making it a Bi-Weekly or even Monthly newsletter

Thats if you want to cram all of the above in each issue, ofc Very Happy

Stll, BRAVO! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Guild Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Newsletter   Guild Newsletter EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 9:40 am

To be honest, all help would be nice, though I'm afraid to say that this looks like a monthly job, but if it turns out it's easy to do, then I'll reduce the number of weeks until its release. Being Roleplaying Officer, perhaps you can supply me with the information from the roleplay threads?

Remember, I still need to find a name for this thing, any suggestions? Being boss though (and editor if he wants) Sureshot gets the final say.
Back to top Go down

Guild Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Newsletter   Guild Newsletter EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 10:20 am

Very good idea.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Guild Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Newsletter   Guild Newsletter EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 10:47 am

Cheers Artekus! Glad you like it!
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Guild Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Newsletter   Guild Newsletter EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 8:26 am

Jobs I would like are:

1. Guild masters introductions which will start IC and then I'll talk more about the development of the guild OOC.

2. Questionarre for 1 of the other members.

3. Updates in lore and guild background (for this months).

4. Signature showcase showing off the new official guild signatures. *

* This one might go down better in the hot topics.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Guild Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Newsletter   Guild Newsletter EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 8:40 am

Right, here are the Jobs and people can apply to any vacant ones. It's first come, first served, though if you fail to maintain the role, then it is given to the next applicant.

Foreword: Sureshot
Top Topics: Harlequin2
Best of Bioware: Harlequin2
Leaked Intel:
Agent Spotlight: Harlequin2 (this month)
Holonews (spotlights Roleplay): Lunarwolf
General Guild: PrioryJK
Forum Update: Priory JK
Member of the Month: Sureshot
Enemy of the Month: Non-vacant
Best Picture:
Client Spotlight:
Guild Lore: Sureshot

Last edited by Harlequin2 on Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:31 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Guild Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Newsletter   Guild Newsletter EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 8:44 am

Ah ha so you want me to be your partner in the "Questionarre" section? You're a brave man Harly! Haha! Razz
Back to top Go down

Guild Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Newsletter   Guild Newsletter EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 8:46 am

Harlequin2 wrote:
The Leakage:
Is this going to be the actual name for that section? It brings to mind orifices and seepage to me... Not nice. No
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Guild Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Newsletter   Guild Newsletter EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 8:55 am

Sureshot wrote:
Ah ha so you want me to be your partner in the "Questionarre" section? You're a brave man Harly! Haha! Razz

No no. Agent Spotlight and Member of the Month are two different things. The former is a member's character sharing a bit about their backstory in RP while the latter is an OOC questionnaire for a member on the forum. However, if you think I'm up for the task, I'd be honoured to be the victim of your questionnaire! Razz

And no, The Leakage will not be the name. I'd better change it actually before people get the wrong idea!
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Guild Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Newsletter   Guild Newsletter EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 8:55 am

Redwatch wrote:
Harlequin2 wrote:
The Leakage:
Is this going to be the actual name for that section? It brings to mind orifices and seepage to me... Not nice. No

HAHAHAHA! Yeah I think thats in need of a change of name.

Harlequin2 wrote:

No no. Agent Spotlight and Member of the Month are two different things. The former is a member's character sharing a bit about their backstory in RP while the latter is an OOC questionnaire for a member on the forum. However, if you think I'm up for the task, I'd be honoured to be the victim of your questionnaire! Razz!

Ah ok I is with ya! Sorry I must have my dumbass hat on!

LOL victim!! Yeah I'm up for making a Member of the Month spotlight on you Harly and as you're running the newletter it might be a nice idea.

Last edited by Sureshot on Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Guild Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Newsletter   Guild Newsletter EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 8:58 am

There's still the issue of the name. Any ideas?

How about "The E.P.O.C.H Holo"? Or "The Memo"?
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Guild Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Newsletter   Guild Newsletter EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 9:03 am

Erm....... I quite like "The E.P.O.C.H Slicer". If you read this article about Slicers you'll see that it fits perfectly with what our guild would actually do!

I'd love to give the impression that we're actually hacking into their mainframe and sending information. Haha!
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Guild Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Newsletter   Guild Newsletter EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 9:17 am

I prefer "The E.P.O.C.H Memo" because it makes us sound like we're more of a buisness. We'd more over send news over a personal frequency than have to hack into someone elses. Since it would cost less and there's less chance of us being caught...
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Guild Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Newsletter   Guild Newsletter EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 9:28 am

Really? I really like the idea of coming across that we're slicing into someones computer because a.) It seems like a lot more fun way to send out out the newsletter and it'd be a really amusing read, plus it gives more options for writing out an RP intro and b.) Straight away that says to me "secret agency" and "espionage" which are two of the things we're best known for.

If I show you the pic that Tando's done it may sway you a little.

Here ya go:

Guild Newsletter Promon

Hope thats ok to show this Tando but I had to cause I just love the idea and it definitely something I have my eye on for including in the newsletter and maybe a load of other things, with your permission of course?
Back to top Go down

Guild Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Newsletter   Guild Newsletter EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 10:02 am

**Authenticated** E.P.O.C.H Info-slice #1

We could push out a few short dedicated ones as **Unauthorized!** or **Part-transmission** or whatever is appropriate. Or skip the **(text)** bit! lol "#1/2/3..." also up for debate (but useful in title for retreival in emails/archive etc).
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Guild Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Newsletter   Guild Newsletter EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 10:03 am

Yeah, looks good! But could the Falleen be looking directly at us or to the right and sightly down?

As for the name, it's your choice Sureshot! "The E.P.O.C.H Slicer" it is!
Back to top Go down
Tando
Special Agent
Special Agent
Tando

Number of posts : 1068
Registration date : 2009-04-30

Guild Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Newsletter   Guild Newsletter EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 10:51 am

haha, could have warned me that it was going to be posted on here, that's not finished I was asking SS what he would want written in it lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.evil-wizards.org/swtor-wiki/index.php/Tando_Alums
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Guild Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Newsletter   Guild Newsletter EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 10:56 am

LOl my bad, sorry mate but I need a reference to try and convince Harly that a "slice" would be the way to go and it was sat there looking at me with begging eyes saying "Please Sureshot show the world that I have a purpose..." . Laughing

As for whats written in it, I'd love to put my IC Guild Masters announcement each week if thats ok? I mean that picture alone gave me the inspiration in the first place!
Back to top Go down
Tando
Special Agent
Special Agent
Tando

Number of posts : 1068
Registration date : 2009-04-30

Guild Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Newsletter   Guild Newsletter EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 11:00 am

Well I want to finish it up, but I'll keep a blank one and then each week we can just add the messege, maybe ask Lunar to make a different 3D picture as thats what I used? do you want anything else added to it?

Also what size do you want it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.evil-wizards.org/swtor-wiki/index.php/Tando_Alums
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Guild Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Newsletter   Guild Newsletter EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 11:16 am

Hmmm... A message from the boss at the top with the rest of it sliced by Skursir containing work from many members, sounds good to me, though Sureshot's going to do some editing aswell I presume?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Guild Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Newsletter   Guild Newsletter Empty

Back to top Go down

Guild Newsletter
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next