The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion Vote_b10E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion Vote_b11E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion Vote_b10E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion Vote_b11E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion Vote_b1065%E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion Vote_b106%E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion Vote_b1018%E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion Vote_b106%E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion Vote_b100%E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion

Go down 
+2
Harlequin2
Sureshot
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 6:45 am

I've been having some thoughts about this newsletter lately and I thought I'd share them.

I think each time we work on a newsletter we should take a month to plan it out. What I would like (if its ok by Hraly?) is for everyone to contribute something to the newsletter. It can be a large piece or a tiny piece but obviously we want to make this as interesting as we possibly can.

I would like each of you to let me know what you would like to add to the 2nd. Newsletter.

Here's what I'm planning to offer:

1. This week I shall really getting my teeth stuck into the background story & lore of the guild. I'm taking hints from the classic "Star Wars flowing title screen" that we see at the start of each movie and then I shall try (emphasis on "try") to make it sound as engaging as I can. I shall then hopefully have our favourite Wookiee back to proof read what I have written and then make any adjustments.

2. I'm thinking of writing a Guild Leader's intro to each newsletter to talk about developments and future developments in the guild.

So what have you guys got in mind?.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 7:09 am

Uhm...scratch

-All the latest news on the game.

-Perhaps mention threads of particular note on the forum for people to check out who may have missed them (Sigs, RP threads etc...)

-Member spotlight feature: Just a thing to commend a particular member for their contributions to the guild and make it more widely known.

-News on alliances: Like Harlys progress with the GTC and all the other new diplomats.

-Character spotlight: A bit about one of the guild members characters that has had a lot of time invested in their backstory and might interest others.

Thats about all I can think of, sorry if its been said before.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 7:16 am

Aye yeah I think most of those are a given except it'd probably be best if we don't go into details about the alliances. It's fine mentioning it as it gives the allies something to be interested in so yeah its worth mentioning some but not all details of the alliances.

Member spotlight is a really good idea. Perhaps you'd be our first volunteer for that Arte? Wink

I suppose all you'd have to do is mention a few details about yourself, what your hobbies are and what games you're currently enjoying, what ineterests you most about TOR. that kinda thing. Yeah nice idea man I like it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 7:29 am

"Member spotlight is a really good idea. Perhaps you'd be our first volunteer for that Arte?"

I think it should go to one of the veteran members who have played a bigger role in the guild like Lunar or Red, but if they aren't up for it I could do it.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 7:35 am

Well what might be a nice idea if it someone writes out an small questionarre for each of the members, to find out what makes them tick! What might be an idea is if we have standard questionarre and each month someone fills it out. Would save a hell of a lot of time. Wink
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 7:35 am

Here are the ideas that started it all:

1. We can display the top 3 or 5 topics around the forum. This can draw our attentions much more effectively and if you want, can get some dying threads a much needed boost. I'm thinking of the title "Top Topics" for this, a brief summery under each one would be nice.
2. Being weekly, we can have Bioware's update on it, followed by links and perhaps embedded videos. Comic strips may as well have a link to keep the newsletter small.
3. We can gather up all the leaked info, from holocron, the offical forums, etc, giving our members a lot more to chew on. Granted, there may notbe a lot, but if we find something, it may be best to spread it around so everyone knows.
4. Backstories. Every week we post up a piece from a random member's backstory. This will hopefully strengthen bonds between members and get them to know more about each other. This may even get people to read more.
5. We can have a 'poll of the week'. Not much, but it may gather important information from other members and could be fun to see the results. They need not be serious, but they can be.
6. Current Roleplay situations in the forum's hottest RP. This can be in the form of a holonet update such as "Gang leader X has just stolen money from Civilian Y and now is on the run from Republic Policeman Z". It may even get people more interested in joining the roleplay.
7. In this section we have guild news. It will obviously flourish more when the game comes out, but right now, it will have news such as the new guild name or new alliances. Not to say such important things won't be highlighted after the game goes gold.
8. Forum updates. This will highlight what changes the forum has taken over the week, This bit may usually be empty, but sometimes it could hold important information that members should be aware of. The newsletter is a good way of getting this through.
9. Enemy of the week. This can be fun or serious, fun in that it can be a player that has done something to the guild and/or its members and is highlighted to generate fun RP. The serious bit is that it can be a player that doesn't RP, swears about the guild, hacks, etc. and should generally be avoided.
10. The last section can be a bit about the weekly best picture. This can be from members, a leaked and interesting picture from the game, or just a star wars related funny. You decide, boss Smile This can be followed with a sentence about were its from and a link to were you got it from...

and now...

11) Member of the week. This highlights a member that has done extroadinary work for the guild in the month and deserves to be showcased. This also serves as a good example to other members on how to act and gives a bit of competion.

I've now lost the main newspaper post now! Very Happy I'm going to try and find it to put the job spots up.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 7:43 am

Here it is mate. Smile

Yeah sorry this thread was started because I was curious to know what was going in the 2nd. Newsletter, and more importantly who was contributing.

p.s. Wasn't no. 9 considered too risky? Wink
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 7:52 am

That dreaded number 9... Suspect

No, I kept it on because it would be nice since if we get into a gang war with another guild, it should be noted. However, we should write this bit in a humerous way as to not make them too pissed off.

On another note, I think that half the newsletter should be RP, specifically parts 4, 6, 7, 9 and 11. They will be marked usually by either a +Holonet recording+ etc. or +Incomming Message+, +Origin: The Desk+ (ie. Sureshot's home office).

Oh, and in a mad rush to be king of the hill, I claim myself to be the editor of the newspaper, unless Sureshot decides to shove me off. If not, the method to making the paper will go like this:

Reporters (collect info, post to me) ---> H2Woah (Edits them down, adds his own bits) ---> Sureshot (adds his own frosting if he wants to and publishes it).

That ok?
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 8:02 am

Depending upon whether you want any "fictional" stuff in there (hang, on this is STAR WARS... er, I mean "non-canon") you're more than welcome to put The Voice of The Resistance in there! (they actual HoloCast, not the discussions)

I think that'd be quite fun.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 8:03 am

Harlequin2 wrote:
That dreaded number 9... Suspect

No, I kept it on because it would be nice since if we get into a gang war with another guild, it should be noted. However, we should write this bit in a humerous way as to not make them too pissed off.

Aye I think this might be an idea where the game goes live to be honest.

Harlequin2 wrote:
On another note, I think that half the newsletter should be RP, specifically parts 4, 6, 7, 9 and 11. They will be marked usually by either a +Holonet recording+ etc. or +Incomming Message+, +Origin: The Desk+ (ie. Sureshot's home office).

Well I was planning on starting to the guild masters intro in a RP format and Tando has just sent me an awesome picture that he designe dthat woudl fit perfectly. All I really need it his permission to use it as I don't know what his plans are for it.

Harlequin2 wrote:
Oh, and in a mad rush to be king of the hill, I claim myself to be the editor of the newspaper, unless Sureshot decides to shove me off. If not, the method to making the paper will go like this:

Reporters (collect info, post to me) ---> H2Woah (Edits them down, adds his own bits) ---> Sureshot (adds his own frosting if he wants to and publishes it).

That ok?

Yup, no way am I taking on the whole newsletter so it's all yours! I've got to do a load of stuff next week for the guild as it is. You may have to hound people for stuff until they finally crack so I'll leave that responsibilty in your hands! :lol

By the way I've had another idea for it. How about we write out a "Client's Spotlight" where we interview and ask questions to a chosen ally? Obviously the first choice would be the GTC.

Are my contributions ok for this months newsletter?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 8:13 am

Sureshot wrote:
Well what might be a nice idea if it someone writes out an small questionarre for each of the members, to find out what makes them tick! What might be an idea is if we have standard questionarre and each month someone fills it out. Would save a hell of a lot of time. Wink

I think this is a great idea. Proper guy/gal behind the screen stuff that's maybe a bit more jokey and random than the guild application form? Ooo! And if everyone has access to a scanner adding a hand-written 'John Hancock' of our handles at the bottom would be a really nice 'glossy magazine' touch! pirat
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 8:20 am

Redwatch wrote:
Ooo! And if everyone has access to a scanner adding a hand-written 'John Hancock' of our handles at the bottom would be a really nice 'glossy magazine' touch! pirat

A John Hancock? What in Jabba's name is that when its at home? Laughing

Oh and about the questionarre, I think it might be an idea to write our seperate ones thinking about it cause everyone in the guild does different things. Maybe if we all chose a partner and that pair wrote out a questionarre for each other it'll have a much more personal tone to it?
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 8:21 am

Sureshot wrote:

Are my contributions ok for this months newsletter?

They're all great! I'm going to add them to the main post. Can people come along to that thread and claim the jobs they want please? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 8:23 am

On it now!
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 8:42 am

Right, the listing is up. Head over to this thread Guild Newsletter and claim your space. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 8:48 am

At least one of my ideas was original lol
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 9:39 am

Guess no Voice of The Resistance then! Ne'er mind, I'm not offended...

*runs off and sobs in a corner*
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 9:49 am

I think you have to go to Harly's original post mate and claim your job!
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 9:58 am

Ooops! Of course I'll add in the Resistance! Sounds like a mighty fine idea to me! Very Happy
Sorry about that, *comforts Lunarwolf with a hug and a cookie*

Oh, while we're at it. As you're the head of Roleplay, Dubz, perhaps you could do the Holonews (roleplay spotlight). Basically, explain in RP as a Holonews Presenter what in happening in the latest roleplays. If you take up the job, make it vague as the presenter won't know everything thats going on. It will look like we've sliced a part of the holonews for the benefit on information. For example: "Coruscant police are in hot pursit of a bounty hunter that has recently killed buisness man A for unknown reasons. Witnesses say that the bounty hunter is B and came to A for his bounty, but A failed to deliver" etc. etc.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 12:54 pm

Haha, I was only joking H2! *takes cookie anyway, with a big ol' grin on his face*

I'll happily do the reporter bit for you mate, no worries! I'll knock something together and PM it your way if thats cool with you?
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 1:02 pm

Great! Very Happy That cheered me up! Now we only have 4 spots left... Suspect *looks at the oter members suspiciously*
Back to top Go down
Tando
Special Agent
Special Agent
Tando

Number of posts : 1068
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 1:02 pm

can we get a sudoku?
Back to top Go down
http://www.evil-wizards.org/swtor-wiki/index.php/Tando_Alums
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 1:06 pm

An E.P.O.C.H puzzle... hmm.. Perhaps.. perhaps... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 5:48 am

Guys woudl it be ok if we use this thread to dicuss what is going into the next newsletter? It's just that my inbox is filling up each day and its easier if we have it all here and in one piece.

p.s. I love some of the ideas I'm getting through!
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 6:27 am

I was under the impression that discussing such things was part of this threads reason for existance! Put a direct line from your inbox to here and put a profanity filter half-way along the route. I'll save your inbox in the long run!

H2: NoloNet News article sent to your PM box, mate (updated from HoloWeb news - cheers Red).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

E.P.O.C.H Newsletter #2 Discussion
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next