The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Newsletter #1 Has Been Released EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Newsletter #1 Has Been Released EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Newsletter #1 Has Been Released EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Newsletter #1 Has Been Released EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Newsletter #1 Has Been Released EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Newsletter #1 Has Been Released EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Newsletter #1 Has Been Released EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Newsletter #1 Has Been Released EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Newsletter #1 Has Been Released EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Newsletter #1 Has Been Released Vote_b10Newsletter #1 Has Been Released Vote_b11Newsletter #1 Has Been Released Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Newsletter #1 Has Been Released Vote_b10Newsletter #1 Has Been Released Vote_b11Newsletter #1 Has Been Released Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Newsletter #1 Has Been Released Vote_b1065%Newsletter #1 Has Been Released Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Newsletter #1 Has Been Released Vote_b106%Newsletter #1 Has Been Released Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Newsletter #1 Has Been Released Vote_b1018%Newsletter #1 Has Been Released Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
Newsletter #1 Has Been Released Vote_b106%Newsletter #1 Has Been Released Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Newsletter #1 Has Been Released Vote_b100%Newsletter #1 Has Been Released Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Newsletter #1 Has Been Released

Go down 
+2
Harlequin2
Sureshot
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Newsletter #1 Has Been Released Empty
PostSubject: Newsletter #1 Has Been Released   Newsletter #1 Has Been Released EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 9:54 am

Right well I released a test newsletter out today if you'd like to check your emails. If you can't find it then please remember to check your spam or junk folders.

All I can say is that the rich text html editor seems to be speaking a different language to me, as a lot of the html included has come out a little bit strange. There seems to be some riduclous amounts of spacing in it and in the preview it looked absolutely fine, so the next one I shall be sending out to myself to check first. Still, it got the message across and thats the important thing.

As this was only a pilot I think it might be nice to up the anti a bit next time around. So for those that want to work with Harly and his newsletter idea then you're welcome to pass on ideas to him. I have no problems publishing it but as time contraints go I would prefer it if this was at the most a monthly newsletter. I'm sure we all have a lot to do anyway and I know that myself, Red and Lunarwolf are all a bit overrun with the tasks we have in the guild as it is. I know that Priory has just started some new RP as well so no doubt he'll be busy with that. Not only that we now have agents that have been sent to find new business opportunties, so really we're all a little busy!

So the newletter is Harly's idea and if you don't mind putting together the seperate parts mate then you're welcome to construct it as you wish. I will be checking things over and of course be leaving a guild masters introduction to each one, and I can help with the html coding (if it works!) so it can be sent out. When BH gets back I may ask him to proof read everything as well as he's definitely the best man for the job.

If any of you find that you're twiddling your thumbs waiting for something to do then remember I'm sure Harly will need your help and if that isn't needed then I'm sure there's always some recruiting to do. Wink

Last edited by Sureshot on Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter #1 Has Been Released   Newsletter #1 Has Been Released EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 10:02 am

That was a good pilot, but at least you know what to do now. Oh, and thanks for backing me up here SS. *turns to the rest of the forum and turns the serious-switch on*

Right, it's true. I don't think I can do this alone. Even with a monthly release, it's still quite a bit of work. In an ideal world, I could have about 3 people working with me on this. I'll post up the job oppurtunities on the main thread and anyone who can apply can do so if they wish - no pressure.

H2Woah out.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter #1 Has Been Released   Newsletter #1 Has Been Released EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 10:06 am

A nice read, that!

Cripes we really have been busy, eh? Shame none of us work at BoiWare Austin! (lol j/k BioWare... ;0)

I personally didnt have any problems with the layout of the newsletter, SS. Some of the spaces between paragraphs were a bit bigger that I assume you intended for, but its pretty trivial and doesnt detract from the reading of it whatsover.

Cheers for doing that, Chief!

PS: Will a smaller, updated Newsletter be sent out once the Web Addy is finalised? (seeing as it says www.epoch.org. currently)
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter #1 Has Been Released   Newsletter #1 Has Been Released EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 10:16 am

Thanks guys! Yup I'll be sending out another very short newletter shortly with the new addy.

It'll probably have this header as well, althought I havent decided yet:

Newsletter #1 Has Been Released Epoch_10

It did annoy me actually that the html came out a bit weird but then everything and html on these bloody boards comes out odd, remember the link widget? NIGHTMARE!

Ah well, onwards and upwards and all that jazz!
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
nosyd
Freelancer
Freelancer
nosyd

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2009-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter #1 Has Been Released   Newsletter #1 Has Been Released EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 11:40 am

Great first newsletter!

It seemed fine for me apart from some big gaps inbetween paragraphs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter #1 Has Been Released   Newsletter #1 Has Been Released EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 5:59 am

Very good, I agree! Nice and brief for an intro newsletter. Friendly open tone. Spot on!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter #1 Has Been Released   Newsletter #1 Has Been Released EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 9:48 am

It was a good read Smile

Nosyd wrote:
Great first newsletter!

It seemed fine for me apart from some big gaps inbetween paragraphs.

Yep, thats my only criticism.
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter #1 Has Been Released   Newsletter #1 Has Been Released EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 11:01 am

Harlequin2 wrote:
That was a good pilot, but at least you know what to do now. Oh, and thanks for backing me up here SS. *turns to the rest of the forum and turns the serious-switch on*

Right, it's true. I don't think I can do this alone. Even with a monthly release, it's still quite a bit of work. In an ideal world, I could have about 3 people working with me on this. I'll post up the job oppurtunities on the main thread and anyone who can apply can do so if they wish - no pressure.

H2Woah out.

lol i've lost the origonal thread you posted about this, anyway i'll give my services if you need a hand!
Back to top Go down
Tando
Special Agent
Special Agent
Tando

Number of posts : 1068
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter #1 Has Been Released   Newsletter #1 Has Been Released EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 11:04 am

Yeap a great first newsletter Razz

keep up the good work and I'm sure if you ask any off us we'd be glad to help out
Back to top Go down
http://www.evil-wizards.org/swtor-wiki/index.php/Tando_Alums

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter #1 Has Been Released   Newsletter #1 Has Been Released EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 11:12 am

PrioryJK wrote:
lol i've lost the origonal thread you posted about this, anyway i'll give my services if you need a hand!

Personally I'd love to see that happen. Your 'Flan Friday' post had me in stitches!

I'm smiling now just remembering it. Look – see?? Well, obviously you can't see. Stupid Red. But I am! Smiling, that is. Not stupid. Well, maybe I'm that too... I'm going to be quiet now. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter #1 Has Been Released   Newsletter #1 Has Been Released EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 12:33 pm

Redwatch wrote:
PrioryJK wrote:

Personally I'd love to see that happen. Your 'Flan Friday' post had me in stitches!

I'm smiling now just remembering it. Look – see?? Well, obviously you can't see. Stupid Red. But I am! Smiling, that is. Not stupid. Well, maybe I'm that too... I'm going to be quiet now. Embarassed

Maybe i could just rip-off Harls Newsletter every month, I'm sure he'd like that Smile

If harl can fit me in somewhere I'll do my best for Red Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter #1 Has Been Released   Newsletter #1 Has Been Released Empty

Back to top Go down

Newsletter #1 Has Been Released
Page 1 of 1