The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea - Page 3 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea - Page 3 EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea - Page 3 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea - Page 3 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea - Page 3 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea - Page 3 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea - Page 3 EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea - Page 3 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea - Page 3 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea - Page 3 Vote_b10E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea - Page 3 Vote_b11E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea - Page 3 Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea - Page 3 Vote_b10E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea - Page 3 Vote_b11E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea - Page 3 Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea - Page 3 Vote_b1065%E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea - Page 3 Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea - Page 3 Vote_b106%E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea - Page 3 Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea - Page 3 Vote_b1018%E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea - Page 3 Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea - Page 3 Vote_b106%E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea - Page 3 Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea - Page 3 Vote_b100%E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea - Page 3 Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea

Go down 
+4
Sureshot
Lunarwolf
Harlequin2
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea   E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea - Page 3 EmptySat May 01, 2010 8:23 am

I agree with Partisan.
I aslo agree with this:
Sureshot wrote:
One thing I will mention about the Freelancer scheme though is that I don't think we should forget that actual recruitment is our main goal.

Which is why I think we should take this to the next level. Advertise it on the OP of our Recruitment thread to get some real intrest and also get into that "Find your best Guild Quiz" armed with this new offer.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea   E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 5:44 am

I've added a brief description of the Freelancer scheme on our main recruitment thread if you wanted to check it over guys. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea   E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 7:08 am

H2 you're famous!

That adds another level to our rather awesome recruitment thread Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea   E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 8:41 am

Awesome! Very Happy Thanks for the recognition guv'nor!
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea   E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 1:10 pm

You're welcome sah! Very Happy

I had to try and find a way of keeping it in character but still informative like the rest of L-Dubz's write up so I hope it turned out ok.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea   E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 1:15 pm

Sureshot wrote:
You're welcome sah! Very Happy

I had to try and find a way of keeping it in character but still informative like the rest of L-Dubz's write up so I hope it turned out ok.

Eh Question

I only wrote this bit didn't I?

Possibly suffering from senile demntia wrote:
When the Galaxy was torn in half by the invasion of the Sith Empire, planets across the Core Worlds, mid and even outer rims were forced to pick sides in a conflict so all-encompassing that whole cultures bowed to one side or the other. To most there was no alternative, a line had been drawn carving the stars and allegiance was bought, conned or forced.
A rare few decided to take another path: where others saw oppression or salvation, they saw opportunity. Where many saw destruction and war, they saw profit.
As the Galactic Senate drowned in its own bureaucracy and the Jedi Order retreated to regroup and enter a state of regrowth, the insidious Sith Empire stretched across the Galaxy consolidating its forces and paving the way for a new order.
Behind this upheaval a highly secretive agency moved In the shadows, unseen and unknown to all but their wealthy clients. Bound only by a contract and their own moral code, they did what many others could or would not do to ensure there was a Galaxy left to exist in after what would be become known as the Cold War.

Or am I losing it?

E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea - Page 3 Funny_ani_marbles
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea   E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 1:22 pm

Yep you wrote the majority of it mate!!!! You're definitely losing it! Don't worry it happens to all guild masters. Wink
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea   E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 9:47 am

I've updated the main page on the wiki a bit (can be found here). See what you guys think. If you also have any more ideas on the Freelancer Scheme, please do tell me, I'll be making a similar topic on the Freelancer forums.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea   E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 10:30 am

Ah thats more like it! Thanks Harly, great write-up. Smile

By the way congratulations on the scheme. I have to admit I had my doubts about this working and I'm glad I've been proven wrong!

Smile
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea   E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 11:11 am

Why thank you Smile I've also added another small bit. Is there anything you'd like to add while we're at it?
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea   E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 7:25 am

(Sorry for the double-post)

Okay. Taking this idea further as we seem to be raking up a few bodies. I'm looking for support to put in a "ranking" scheme (a scheme within a scheme if you will). Here's the basic idea. With each optional guild activity that the Freelancer joins on, be they OOC for a raid or IC for an in-game meeting, they receive a Loyalty Point. With each group of 10 Loyalty Points, up until 50, you receive a boon. In character, these points reflect the Freelancers gaining the favour of the Falleen and so, get access to more assets. It will get them more involved with the guild, and give them a reason to stay on if the novelty of the E.P.O.C.H should end. So far, I haven't got many ideas. Here's what I'm thinking for some:

10pts: Can trade items with the Guild Bank.
20pts:
30pts: Can go onto Client Forums.
40pts: Can take part in play-by-post roleplays on Guild Roleplay
50pts:
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea   E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 8:27 am

Great idea!

However I'd recommend making "Can trade items with the Guild Bank" 50 pts worth, rather than 10 pts.

The only reason why I say this is I have seen entire guilds destroyed by savvy thieves who earn the trust of guilds then go online at ridiculous hours of the morning and completely strip guild banks. This isn't a huge issue is TOR will allow you to moderate a guild bank (make certain parts of it off-limits to all buy Guild Leaders) but if its a simple can access / can't access option I'd advise caution.
Back to top Go down
Caryington
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Caryington

Number of posts : 2420
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea   E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 10:11 am

I'm afraid I do not like that idea. I'll try not to put it bluntly but freelancers are freelancers, the examples you gave are stuff for agents only at least to me. I understand we want people to like the idea of being an Epoch freelancer but we don't want it to be an undirect way to get "unofficial agents". We take 'em for a job and we pay them for that.

Loyalty may be counted so we could offer the more subbtle and delicate missions to trustable people.
Back to top Go down
http://soude.forumactif.com/
nosyd
Freelancer
Freelancer
nosyd

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2009-06-06

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea   E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 12:59 pm

I was thinking the same Soude. If they want all that Harl was thinking of offering, then they should really try for a full guild membership. Just my thoughts, nothing agaist you Harl. I think the freelancers idea is a great one, and doesn't need anything more than what it is.
Back to top Go down
Randomfest
Freelancer
Freelancer
Randomfest

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2010-06-02

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea   E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 1:33 pm

imo would have to depend on the freelancer, especially if they were picked up when the game releases. someone that has something to lose from violating trust is the only person you can really trust Razz after all i've played mmos where you have to do 10+ quests for one item 10+ quests for access to a guild bank sounds like minimum work for a potential jack pot. However its also not fair to keep a friend at arm's length rp is rp but sometimes when loot is involved you have to remember whos putting in the face time at the computer day in and day out. Razz Had a game i was rping in once where a friend and i formed a great rp rivalry/hatred but when he needed an item more than i did i'd let him get it cause i knew he'd do the same for me xP i dunno though maybe i don't know what i'm talking about here lol
Back to top Go down
Caryington
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Caryington

Number of posts : 2420
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea   E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 1:54 pm

Cheers Nosyd, I've been wondering if I wasn't too harsh on my thinking. See I'm not the only one with this idea releves me Razz

As for RPing and looting it's 2 different things.
Back to top Go down
http://soude.forumactif.com/
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea   E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 2:25 am

Mixed responses it seems. Let me explain a little further.

Some Freelancers may be annoyed that they have done more things than other actual members and have nothing to show for it, or need a reason to do things that they wouldn't normally do (like raids if all they want is to roleplay). I was at a loss of ideas because I didn't want Freelancers to be able to go onto the important Agent-only things like Guild Discussion, News and Agent-only Meetings. The ones I have listed will give no chance for moles - but agreed, the Guild Bank trading option should be at end-game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea   E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

E.P.O.C.H Freelancer Scheme Idea
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3