The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office Vote_b10Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office Vote_b11Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office Vote_b10Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office Vote_b11Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office Vote_b1065%Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office Vote_b106%Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office Vote_b1018%Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office Vote_b106%Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office Vote_b100%Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office

Go down 
+2
Lunarwolf
Harlequin2
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office Empty
PostSubject: Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office   Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 6:22 am

Another idea that I was tossing around recently was that for an EPOCH Intelligence Office. Here's the low down:

In character, the EPOCH Intelligence Office is a databank of people and organisations of note, containing incriminating details and other information that may prove useful should we wish to assassinate, sabotage, steal, etc. from them. The Office is run and maintained by loyal administration staff and droids in the Azure Towers, with a business front to hide it's true face. The information however, is strung over a vast network of computers that means that if one went down, it could keep running and couldn't be traced to one exact source.

Out of character, the EPOCH Intelligence Office is just another factor that sets us apart from other guilds. It contains information on characters and guilds, including short backstories, places where they gather and so on. This information is nothing valuable, and can be pinned down to "spying", although is actually given to us with people's consent so that they can be more involved in our roleplays. For instance, we want to track a person from the Coruscant Infromation Bureau. Since we're got a sort of "negative alliance" going on, they can tell us where they gather and so can be more involved in our roleplaying.

Just another crazy idea, although I think that we discussed something very similar a long while back. Not sure where...
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office   Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 8:41 am

It sounds like the sort of thing we would have tossed around back in the starting days of the guild and I for one really like the idea. It could be implemented with little difficulty though we would need to pin down details first.

On a personal note I like the idea of it being centered in Azure Towers, not only because I designed the place and would like to see it get more attention, but also because it has that fantastic idea of 'hiding in plain sight'. A spy network and database hidden inside a lost-persons agency? Any 'suspicious' activity that could be tracked would be written of as Private Investigations.

This will have to be discussed among 'De Management' but it gets the L-dubz paw-print of approval!

Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office Wolfpaw
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Caryington
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Caryington

Number of posts : 2420
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office   Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 3:31 am

A very interesting idea, I do condone every spy network and I'll gladly pose my imperial agent as a member of this.
bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
http://soude.forumactif.com/
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office   Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 6:58 am

Intresting Harl Smile
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office   Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 8:45 am

Any further thoughts on this?
Back to top Go down
WildWallace
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2010-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office   Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 8:56 am

I like the idea in theory, and I'd be happy to help contribute to it. I'll be happy if this gets into play.

Also: Congratulations on your 1700th post, Harlequin. Razz
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office   Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 11:35 am

Well I thought that it would be optional contribution. So when someone comes across something of note, such as a person who double crossed them on a two-man bounty hunter mission and is willing to keep RPing with the guild, then they can add them to the Database should they have the time on their hands.

And thank you Smile I'm nearing that 2000 mark!
Back to top Go down
Caryington
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Caryington

PostSubject: Re: Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office   Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 11:55 am

Intelligence is everybody's job not this or that person.
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office   Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 1:15 pm

Sounds good Harl although I'm not sure how the information would be implemented mysefl Smile
Back to top Go down
Tando
Special Agent
Special Agent
Tando

Number of posts : 1068
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office   Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 1:32 pm

It could be that I'm tired but I really don't get this, if it was information on the game quests and in-game stuff like weapons and armor stats then it's a very good idea. This sounds to me like the EPOCHWiki scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.evil-wizards.org/swtor-wiki/index.php/Tando_Alums
Caryington
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Caryington

PostSubject: Re: Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office   Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 2:34 pm

This is about RP intelligence, spying people and guilds IC? Now you getting me confused too. lol

Second reading... It's about IC spying and making a database of other RPers, connections between each other and so on... But that's not about quest or items.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office   Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 7:33 am

Soude's got it. What the idea means is that every time you find an RPer or guild that forms some sort of connection with the Agency, you write up about it. It should probably go on the E.P.O.C.H wiki if L-Dubz allows it, but with a single page that links to all of the separate pages. It's very much an IC thing, so we we'd have things like a guild's leader character or a character's current residence. It's something that gives a bit more depth, so if Creed charges us with capturing Bub Nelzo, we can look up his page on the Intelligence Office and see where he hangs out most (or rather his favourite world or area).
Back to top Go down
Tando
Special Agent
Special Agent
Tando

Number of posts : 1068
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office   Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 7:39 am

Thanks Harl for clearing that upfor me, sounds like a great idea
Back to top Go down
http://www.evil-wizards.org/swtor-wiki/index.php/Tando_Alums
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office   Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office Empty

Back to top Go down

Idea: E.P.O.C.H Intelligence Office
Page 1 of 1