The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Ingame Positions Discussion EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Ingame Positions Discussion EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Ingame Positions Discussion EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Ingame Positions Discussion EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Ingame Positions Discussion EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Ingame Positions Discussion EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Ingame Positions Discussion EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Ingame Positions Discussion EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Ingame Positions Discussion EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Ingame Positions Discussion Vote_b10Ingame Positions Discussion Vote_b11Ingame Positions Discussion Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Ingame Positions Discussion Vote_b10Ingame Positions Discussion Vote_b11Ingame Positions Discussion Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Ingame Positions Discussion Vote_b1065%Ingame Positions Discussion Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Ingame Positions Discussion Vote_b106%Ingame Positions Discussion Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Ingame Positions Discussion Vote_b1018%Ingame Positions Discussion Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Ingame Positions Discussion Vote_b100%Ingame Positions Discussion Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Ingame Positions Discussion

Go down 
+8
Sureshot
Charada
Harlequin2
Lunarwolf
Commander Nord
Tando
PrioryJK
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

Ingame Positions Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Ingame Positions Discussion   Ingame Positions Discussion EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 11:47 am

Due to a few people questioning their RP positions within the Guild and a few few people asking whether they could contribute more to the Guild we've decided to start up discussions about what roles we're going to have in-gmae for the Guild

Instead of coming up with all the roles within Officer chat or leaving Sureshot to do it all Razz we decided it should be a discussion that the entire Guild should be involved in. Some of you have been part of other Guilds before so you may know what works and whats needed for a Guild to function properly so we're after your knowledge and even if you havnt been part of other guilds you still have your own opinions on what you want the guild to be like so heres your chance.

What were looking for is your opinions on what Positions we should have in the Guild and what the responsibilities should be for each one, we've already laid out some Posistions and Roles so that we have a starting point but these are'nt set in stone and if people have objections or want them modifying they will be depending on group concensus.

Edit: Once the Roles have been decided upon we'll probably (still need to consult SS) have a preliminary allocation of posistions decided by the usual group vote and people stepping forward as candidates, what this discussion is for is to decide what roles you think each position should have before we create them Smile

Funds Manager
||
Crafts Quatermaster
In charge of what goes into and out of Guild Bank || Co-ordinates Crafters/crafting within the guild
--Roles|| --Roles
:Must have an upto date list on Incoming and Outgoings||:Must keep and Up to date list of all Crafters within the Guild
:Ogansises Fund Procurement Raids on high Credit Drop areas||:Organise a Guild Crafting Group
||

Auctioneer
||
Events Organiser
Sells and purchases Guild Items|| Arranges in-game RP/ or non RP activities
--Roles|| --Roles
:Sells Raid items general Guild items at the AH||:Must arrange weekly RP events
:Watches for useful items for guild Purchase||:Coordinate with Allies to create cross guild Rp events
||:Negotiate and Co-ordinate Possible RP Bounties
||

Raid Master
||
Trade Officer
Co-ordinates Guild Raids || Co-ordinates Trade with other Guilds
--Roles|| --Roles
:Organise raids on a as yet undefiend regular basis||:Keep and up to date list of current Guild trade items
:Organise a Squad make up to match Raid requirement||:Relay Trade items from other guilds
||

Last edited by PrioryJK on Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tando
Special Agent
Special Agent
Tando

Number of posts : 1068
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Ingame Positions Discussion   Ingame Positions Discussion EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 11:50 am

Nice post mate, I like the look of Events Organiser or Crafts Quatermaster most likely the later, how do we apply?
Back to top Go down
http://www.evil-wizards.org/swtor-wiki/index.php/Tando_Alums
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

Number of posts : 1761
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Ingame Positions Discussion   Ingame Positions Discussion EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 11:53 am

Funds Manager or Auctioneer not raid master
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Ingame Positions Discussion   Ingame Positions Discussion EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 12:04 pm

TBH I think we'll need a raid master, but shouldnt that be the Guildmaster?
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Tando
Special Agent
Special Agent
Tando

PostSubject: Re: Ingame Positions Discussion   Ingame Positions Discussion EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 12:08 pm

Lunarwolf wrote:

lol should the Guildmaster do all of them??????????
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Ingame Positions Discussion   Ingame Positions Discussion EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 12:17 pm

Nah, you see, the raid master is the guy brimming with tactical knowledge on all the instances and dungeons. Although this can be the guild master as well, the raids act independantly from the guild as regular raids can be seen as a sort of "add-on" to the guild, so while a guildmaster can veto a raid, the raid master does all the organising and directing.

Better names for these can be, going from left to right (excluding Funds Manager):
Quartermaster
Black Market Dealer
Social Officer
Raid Master
Trades Ambassador

I think we should reach our full quota of 20 members before we go into these, although Ambassadorial roles to all of the guilds should be designated as a role (therefore, another cannot be taken?).

I also believe that the Funds Manager should be the Guildmaster. All that money should only really go to one person - the guy in charge. After all, he's the guy who'll be seeing what needs what. We should also have another role seeing our line of work:

Contracts Negotiator

A person were, if you're not allied with us, but want a contract, then you're put through to this guy. He or she will be taking the the contracts, deciding on a good price and then giving the contract the agent that is seen fit for it (taking into regards if he or she is of the right level, the right class or the right type of character IC).
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: Ingame Positions Discussion   Ingame Positions Discussion EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 1:40 pm

Lord_Nord wrote:
Funds Manager or Auctioneer not raid master
Not sure what you mean Smile
Lunarwolf wrote:
Harlequin2 wrote:
Nah, you see, the raid master is the guy brimming with tactical knowledge on all the instances and dungeons. Although this can be the guild master as well, the raids act independantly from the guild as regular raids can be seen as a sort of "add-on" to the guild, so while a guildmaster can veto a raid, the raid master does all the organising and directing.
I have to agree here, although LW does have alot more knowledge then me at MMO's I think that having a dedicated Raid Master would be a good idea, he would be in charge of investigating the new raids on release, finding thier drops, what classes it can be completed with and how they can be completed. Along with the organisation, I'm sure SS would have the say in which Raids we did and might be in charge inside the Raid but the Raid master would know the Raid (initially at least) and guide us through? ans if SS isnt participating the raid master takes control? SS could apply for the position anyway or appoint himself it Razz
Quote :

Better names for these can be, going from left to right (excluding Funds Manager):
Quartermaster
Black Market Dealer
Social Officer
Raid Master
Trades Ambassador

Noted but for the minute we'll leave them as we are so its easier to understand. Smile
Quote :

I think we should reach our full quota of 20 members before we go into these, although Ambassadorial roles to all of the guilds should be designated as a role (therefore, another cannot be taken?).
Possibly a bit early I agree we'll see what SS says about it but I did run this past him, these wont be set in stone either once "we" finish they just be the foundation for what each ingame Posistions will do, newer members will be able to put their views forward when they join.
As for ambadoer roles being considered thats something you can discuss
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: Ingame Positions Discussion   Ingame Positions Discussion EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 1:48 pm

Quote :
I also believe that the Funds Manager should be the Guildmaster. All that money should only really go to one person - the guy in charge. After all, he's the guy who'll be seeing what needs what.

Well I suppose thats for SS to decide really however I've been in a Guild were the money was handled by a trusted member and it might be a time consuming job to manage plus boring.

Ive had a few thoughts about the Posistion so here are some roles I came up with.

:Must have an upto date list on Incoming and Outgoings
:Ogansises/Investigate Fund Procurement Raids on high Credit Drop areas
:Have a Seperate character created solely for handling Guild funds (not played)
:Provide schemes for fund procurement

I also have a few ideas on how The Guild should raise funds but its not really for this thread.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Ingame Positions Discussion   Ingame Positions Discussion EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 3:21 pm

PrioryJK wrote:
I have to agree here, although LW does have alot more knowledge then me at MMO's I think that having a dedicated Raid Master would be a good idea, he would be in charge of investigating the new raids on release, finding thier drops, what classes it can be completed with and how they can be completed. Along with the organisation, I'm sure SS would have the say in which Raids we did and might be in charge inside the Raid but the Raid master would know the Raid (initially at least) and guide us through? ans if SS isnt participating the raid master takes control? SS could apply for the position anyway or appoint himself it Razz

Don't worry PJK I totally agree with you, I was just playing "Devil's Advocate" as this is a discussion thread Razz I agree that its best if there is a specific memeber assigned to organising and maybe even running raids, but that they should also liase with the Guildmaster so that everything has been cleared through them.

In my experience if a guild is run well the Guildmaster actually has one of the more relaxed jobs; their main hard-work comes in creating and establishing the guild in the first place (in other words you're in the difficult stages right now Sure, sorry about that!) - once the guild (also the game in this case) goes live, the Guildmaster should be looking to have a team of dedicated minions (sorry but I love that term) running the show, he should really just be "managing" it, overseeing that everything is running as it should be. The main hassle a GM is likely to encounter (again, if the guild is a well-oiled machine) is likely to be grievances between members.

So yeah, I think the GM shouldn't actually be in-charge of organising Raids, he should just be informed of them, and still have final say over them. Frankly he should be tooling up and getting ready to charge in with his buddies, not worrying if we have enough CC or Tanks on hand, who needs a certain loot drop or whatever, thats what a Raid Manager is for ^^
Back to top Go down
Tando
Special Agent
Special Agent
Tando

PostSubject: Re: Ingame Positions Discussion   Ingame Positions Discussion EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 9:45 am

Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Tando on Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Ingame Positions Discussion   Ingame Positions Discussion EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 9:56 am

TBH I doubt Sure will (or frankly want to) make all the decisions on this alone, it'll go among the officers or maybe become open vote. The point of the thread is to get everyone doing something, get everyone involved.

Alot of these positions will be more prominent once the game goes live, but that doesn't mean that people cant work on them on the run up to release.

For example, we dont actuallly know what the crafting is going to be like in game, but that doesnt mean the crafting quartermaster cant start getting lists together to find out what everyone wants, that way we can discover if weapons are in higher demand, or armour, or cosmetic goods etc.

A funds organiser could start working out how to receive moneys etc

There's plenty to do before the game launches Smile
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: Ingame Positions Discussion   Ingame Positions Discussion EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 4:50 am

Quote :
Contracts Negotiator
A person were, if you're not allied with us, but want a contract, then you're put through to this guy. He or she will be taking the the contracts, deciding on a good price and then giving the contract the agent that is seen fit for it (taking into regards if he or she is of the right level, the right class or the right type of character IC).

This is a nice idea actually Harl, although we dont know if a bounty systems will be implemented within the game we could still do something similar without a system inplace possibly like an RP encounter, ie someones comes with Bounty on a character maybe within their Guild or a Guild who they are waring with, and we send an Assasain out to kill em, it would have to be done all in RP and to some extent the person/Guild might need to be in on it, but the idea of of a character coming out of the Blue with a Bounty on you and challenging you to a duel is quite interesting Very Happy

I would suggest that for the time being this would be a role for the events organiser to do, until a system is confirmed it might be better to just leave it within a Position we know it could be done in ie the Events Manager what do you think Question

This is exactly the kind of thing this discussion is here for, it sos you can put forward your ideas about what the guild should be doing in game by assigning roles to Guild Posistions Smile
Back to top Go down
Charada
Agent
Agent
Charada

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Ingame Positions Discussion   Ingame Positions Discussion EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 8:27 am

I think Trade Officers should be able to coordinate other traders within the guild as well, meant as something of an organized shop, I know that many crafters/traders want their own shop where they can provide their own set of 'personal wares'. I know that SWG has these settings but I have no idea about SW:TOR, so I suggest that even though the idea that trade officer should coordinate trade with other guilds is great but I also think they should have something more to do in order to help the guild further.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Ingame Positions Discussion   Ingame Positions Discussion EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 10:33 am

Lunarwolf wrote:

Don't worry PJK I totally agree with you, I was just playing "Devil's Advocate" as this is a discussion thread Razz I agree that its best if there is a specific memeber assigned to organising and maybe even running raids, but that they should also liase with the Guildmaster so that everything has been cleared through them.

In my experience if a guild is run well the Guildmaster actually has one of the more relaxed jobs; their main hard-work comes in creating and establishing the guild in the first place (in other words you're in the difficult stages right now Sure, sorry about that!) - once the guild (also the game in this case) goes live, the Guildmaster should be looking to have a team of dedicated minions (sorry but I love that term) running the show, he should really just be "managing" it, overseeing that everything is running as it should be. The main hassle a GM is likely to encounter (again, if the guild is a well-oiled machine) is likely to be grievances between members.

Lunarwolf is bang on. As leader my job here is establishing the guild and keeping the guild tight, That involves recruitment, internal dealings and of course assigning the right people to the right job that of course they're happy with.

This is a great chart though PJK so cheers for settinfg this up. Personally I agree that we'll have to see what the game offers before we can talk about aspects such as crafting, but it doesn't hurt to get rough idea of what people are interested in doing. When we get in game though we might notice that certain members have strengths in some aspects that others might not so a lot of this will have to planned in game.

Aesome chart though mate and it'll be interestiung to see how it pans out in game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Registered
Registered

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2010-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Ingame Positions Discussion   Ingame Positions Discussion EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 12:39 am

Interesting post! A very good way of dealing with it I must say. Involving the entire guild in internal matters can be messy (which in this case it's not) but it's a very rewarding concept and it allows people to feel they're actually part of it.

I would love contributing more than I currently am (Stories & Upcoming Roleplay) and frankly I wouldn't mind aspiring towards becoming any of the aforementioned roles! As I said in my application I wouldn't doubt on a chance on involving myself in the guild's internal or external business so if there's anything you'd need a hand with I'd happily try to assist you with it, be it administration, story-writing or spreading the word about E.P.O.C.H.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: Ingame Positions Discussion   Ingame Positions Discussion EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 7:49 am

Well a position for general lacky is still open, general cleaning and mopping up of the forums Razz

I think I posted a bit too early for people to start getting to interested in it, I bet were still over a year away from release so pinning down roles might be a bit stoopid confused
We need a sort out of who is doing what job atm so I we may have a job for you yet Smile
Back to top Go down
Registered
Registered

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2010-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Ingame Positions Discussion   Ingame Positions Discussion EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 11:32 pm

PrioryJK wrote:
Well a position for general lacky is still open, general cleaning and mopping up of the forums Razz

Yes lord! Please don't hurt me! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Ingame Positions Discussion   Ingame Positions Discussion EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 8:52 am

Now I should have some free time due to L-Dubz co-running things and PJK helping with the work load I've quite got my eye on "Crafts Quarter Master" as I'm very comfortable in that role and pretty much controlled that area over at Deepwinters Defence (my old LotRO kinship/guild). I have got my eye on "Raid Master" as well but my complete lack of tactical knowledge scares the crap outta me! All the other duties included like Organising Raids and so forth I can definitely do though.

Of course I'll have my fair share of workload anyway co-running things so if any Agent would prefer that role then its all theirs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Suiadan
Agent
Agent
Suiadan

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2010-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Ingame Positions Discussion   Ingame Positions Discussion EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 5:29 pm

Quick question, would there be a need for a position to lead those interested in pvp. (depending on what bioware will throw at us that is.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Ingame Positions Discussion   Ingame Positions Discussion EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 11:14 pm

I should think so, Suiadan.

Depending on what BioWare actually do it would be good if we have someone who can co-ordinate what builds we need for certain groups, or what type of classes we need for large pvp-style raids.

Can I assume (seeing as you brought it up) that you would be interested in such a role?
Back to top Go down
Caryington
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Caryington

Number of posts : 2420
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Ingame Positions Discussion   Ingame Positions Discussion EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:34 am

Randomfeste may also be interested in the PvP things, that's three days now he's trying to convince me PvP is good ^^'
Back to top Go down
http://soude.forumactif.com/
Krum Gax
Registered
Registered
Krum Gax

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Ingame Positions Discussion   Ingame Positions Discussion EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 2:36 am

well pvp is good.. Razz

atleast i think its fun... think its more realistic that way...
Back to top Go down
Caryington
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Caryington

Number of posts : 2420
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Ingame Positions Discussion   Ingame Positions Discussion EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 3:41 am

Won't it be interesting to do pools of interests? Where people would sign themselves up so you know who to ask for this or that. Would be interesting to register the high-end interest. For example if we say PvE, we mean high-end PvE.

Example:
PvP: Suiadan, Randomfeste
PvE: Nord, Spongebob, Lunarwolf
Crafting: Tando
RP: Lunarwolf, Soude
Star Wars Lore: Lunarwolf, Soude

That's just a rough sketch of the idea maybe some of you will have more ideas to refine it or to throw it to the bin ^^'

EDIT: On second thoughts it's very close to the current situation here but with more than one head for this or that position. We don't want to get stuck because this guy is away for one month holiday in Honolulu or for any other excuse...
Back to top Go down
http://soude.forumactif.com/
Suiadan
Agent
Agent
Suiadan

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2010-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Ingame Positions Discussion   Ingame Positions Discussion EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 6:23 am

Lunarwolf wrote:
I should think so, Suiadan.

Depending on what BioWare actually do it would be good if we have someone who can co-ordinate what builds we need for certain groups, or what type of classes we need for large pvp-style raids.

Can I assume (seeing as you brought it up) that you would be interested in such a role?

Quite possibly, although never one to lead in mmos,

I just thought it'd be fun for example if we get open world objectives to secure for our faction that we had a strikeforce to attack and take such a position, or just to represent our guild during events.
Back to top Go down
Randomfest
Freelancer
Freelancer
Randomfest

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2010-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Ingame Positions Discussion   Ingame Positions Discussion EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 7:03 am

RAWR SOUDE PVP!!!! :O lol for real though i would like to get some people together for regular pvp nights ^^ i get that its not everyone's cup of tea but a little pvp isn't so bad with a group of friends Very Happy

that and most of the reason i think people don't like pvp is because most of the time pvpers flame anyone whos not as good as them or just have directionless fury when they lose but i don't think anyone here would be like that ^^ maybe just give it a chance? Razz don't have to keep coming if you don't like it just asking for a little itsy bitsy iota of a try Very Happy /begOff who knows might have fun, its a diff mmo after all Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ingame Positions Discussion   Ingame Positions Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next