The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion Vote_b10E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion Vote_b11E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion Vote_b10E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion Vote_b11E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion Vote_b1065%E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion Vote_b106%E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion Vote_b1018%E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion Vote_b106%E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion Vote_b100%E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion

Go down 
+3
Harlequin2
PrioryJK
Lunarwolf
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 5:37 am

OK folks, you should all hopefully have the first issue of The EPOCH Slicer heading your way!

In SureShot's absence I have sent this out after getting hold of the newsletter from H2.

There are a couple of little things I'd like to address before we all natter about it:

1. The Header:
I think we all appreciate SF's Droid Slicer banner is excellent, and I would have really liked to have put this on the top of the newsletter, but with SureShot away I didn't want to make that decision for him. Hopefully it will be on the next one Very Happy

2. Email to HTML conversion:
When H2 sent me the Newsletter it looked great. I had to copy and paste it all into Html however, before it could be sent out as a newsletter via the admin page of this site. I've attempted to recreate it (manually putting [br], [b], etc all over the place!) using the same formatting and colours, but a couple of bits I just didn't have the technical know-how to do. So, if you spot anything that looks a bit odd/out of place, please blame me, not H2!

Right, that's that bit said.
I think this is an awesome 1st Edition and when you get to see this, H2 - give yourself a big pat on the back as it's exceptionally well done. Loads of content, updates and heck, even a riddle Very Happy

As some of you know H2 is currently away and has asked for volunteers to do the August Edition of 'The Slicer', so do we have any volunteers? If not I will happily do it, I just wanted to see if anyone else wanted the fun first?
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 5:48 am

Shocked Seriously next time we need to make this alot shorter, good thing I've got all afternoon to read this Wink
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 5:54 am

Really? I had no problems with the length...

If it were a printed newsletter (instead of an e-newsletter) it would be spread out over several pages.

Personally, for a monthly newsletter I think the content quantity is fine!
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 6:08 am

What I should have said first was Well Done to Harl and all the guys who contributed (not complain about how long it was Rolling Eyes ) alot of efforts been put in and it shows Smile

I havn't seen the Taris news anywhere but it pretty much confirms it existance (unless its a bioware plant Suspect ).

I didn't know it'd have so many features, 2 interviews, News reports, Trandosian tips, quiz, etc by far the most impressive Newsletter I've seen.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 6:21 am

Aye, if it were a fortnightly affair I agree the content would need to be slimmed!

Gotta say I am well chuffed about the Taris update, hopefully they'll make it official ^^
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 9:36 am

Thanks for the great comments guys! Phew, was it hard work! Especially the trando tips. Actually, I'm going to vary each one so the even will have the member interview and the odds will have an ally interview. This will not only save time and content overflow but also make sure that there is something to interview. I need a thumbs up on this from a Dep Head. I'd also like to do the same thing with trando tips but we'll see. Thanks again!

H2Woah
Back to top Go down
Godjera
Registered
Registered
Godjera

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 11:04 am

The quiz is too hard!
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 11:08 am

Godjera wrote:
The quiz is too hard!

Aye, its good fun though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 3:10 am

The answer will be posted up in the following newsletter, though it looks like we'll have to skip August out Sad
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 3:38 am

So long as it only needs to be in before August is done, I can do the Newsletter, H2.

If you want me to, that is ^^
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 4:33 am

I'll help again of course Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 4:45 am

Lunarwolf wrote:
So long as it only needs to be in before August is done, I can do the Newsletter, H2.

If you want me to, that is ^^
Yeah, cos you don't have any other projects on the go! (I think he's got a time-making device, that man.)

Great newsletter! Well done to everyone who contributed, it makes for a very informative read. I really liked the guild news because it's nice to a summary of all the goings on here. And the interviews are a real success imo too; proper journalistic stuff. I did enjoy the creative writing in the HNN and the Trandoshan's Tips but for a newsletter they felt a smidgen too long for me, but really good. With such a solid attitude and immersive accounting I'm shocked that we haven't seen any RP out of Skursir 'til recently! Gratz on some brilliant writing Harl.

With such a great start to work from I'm sure the next newsletter will be fantastic!
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 5:22 am

Redwatch wrote:

Yeah, cos you don't have any other projects on the go!

Aye, well I do have the HTML code all written out, so it's just the content I'd need to do, not the formatting. If anyone else wants to do it, they're welcome! I'd just rather do it than have no August Edition Razz
Back to top Go down
Tando
Special Agent
Special Agent
Tando

Number of posts : 1068
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 9:42 am

ahh one little mistake, I'm HoD Ambassedor not Arkekus. but I'll let you off this little slip up Smile really good read otherwise
Back to top Go down
http://www.evil-wizards.org/swtor-wiki/index.php/Tando_Alums
nosyd
Freelancer
Freelancer
nosyd

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2009-06-06

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 12:06 pm

I never got the newsletter! Sad

Did it come from The E.P.O.C.H Agency?
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 12:11 pm

Yeah maybe it went into junk by mistake or maybe you wern't on the list :? I'll forward you a copy now Smile
Back to top Go down
nosyd
Freelancer
Freelancer
nosyd

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2009-06-06

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 12:14 pm

PrioryJK wrote:
Yeah maybe it went into junk by mistake or maybe you wern't on the list :? I'll forward you a copy now Smile

Cheers, I'll recheck my spam as well.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 12:46 pm

nosyd wrote:
I never got the newsletter! Sad

Oddly enough Nosyd, me too! (...and I sent the bloomin' thing!)
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 2:07 pm

Yeah theres a way of sending to everyone registered on this site, but for some reason a few allies didn't get the old one either. Mine came through as always and it says its been sent by the E.P.O.C.H Agency. Bloody awesome read as well and I'm a firm believer that the more content we have in it the better. Let's make up for all the mistakes that BW are making in their content updates. Wink

Honestly Harly you've done a bloody wonderful job of putting this together and the whole read had me hooked. I personally liked the bit where Torgal made me feel godlike! Razz
Next Slicer will deffo have S-Fox's banner because it's EXACTLY what I had in mind and you captured what I wanted perfectly, good work bud. Actually the only person that let it down a bit I feel was me, so you do have my apologies guys.

For future ES's I don't think they should be a monthly newsletter per se as it puts too much pressure on the guild and it's members. I believe we should release it when we feel its ready but no longer than 2 months. It may just be me but I think it's time to slow things down a bit and make everything fun rather than a 2nd. job! So yeah my new plan goes like this:

1. Recruitment (not fun but a necessary evil)
2. Roleplay (@%&# essential)
3. Get this alliance thing sorted once and for all (I have been neglecting this I know in my absence)
4. Miscellaneous projects.

That ok with everyone?
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 2:45 pm

Thanks SS! Wow, making the newsleter bi-monthly would really take the pressure off and I'd enjoy this a whole lot more! I'd also like to thank PJK and L-Dubz for their great contributions to the newsletter, really helped!
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 2:48 pm

Aye, I'm up for that. Also, Mr Chief - once I recieved H2's rather spiffing version I had to recreate the whole thing into the "newsletter" section of the Admin pages, so it should save time now that we can cut and paste parts that are replicated (you'll also notice I stole your banner and marquee from your original one!). That should also give you some space to modify it as well.

Incidently, who's up for the next Member Interview?

@H2: You're welcome mate, any time Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 2:49 pm

Sounds good to me too.

Can you clear something up for me which I'm not too clear about? Is the Newsletter totally Harlequin2's responsibility? Or is it a case of him having done this one and we'll have a different editor for each edition, giving it their personal spin, for those who wish to have a go? I know Lunarwolf has said he'll be doing the next one.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 2:53 pm

....and a fine job you all did too.

I think the next interview should go to Red actually. He's contributed shite loads since his arrival and it'll be interesting to hear from the lead designer and creative brainchild! Smile

I'd rather have the officers/leaders interviewed last. Don't ask me why I just think it works nicely.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 2:54 pm

Redwatch wrote:
I know Lunarwolf has said he'll be doing the next one.

Quick Correction to save my butt!

I said I'll do the next one if nobody else wants to!

Other people are more than welcome to do it if they want. Very Happy

PS: Yeah! interview RED! *seconded*
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 2:55 pm

Redwatch wrote:
Sounds good to me too.

Can you clear something up for me which I'm not too clear about? Is the Newsletter totally Harlequin2's responsibility? Or is it a case of him having done this one and we'll have a different editor for each edition, giving it their personal spin, for those who wish to have a go? I know Lunarwolf has said he'll be doing the next one.

Yup Harly is the permanant Editor-in-chief, and a damn good one too I feel. The only thing he has to run things by is myself and LW.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion   E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

E.P.O.C.H. Slicer #2 Discussion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next