The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread Vote_b10Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread Vote_b11Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread Vote_b10Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread Vote_b11Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread Vote_b1065%Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread Vote_b106%Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread Vote_b1018%Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread Vote_b106%Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread Vote_b100%Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread   Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 8:14 am

This RP will no longer be taking place.

Thanks to those of you who showed some interest and my apologies for any disruption.

Last edited by Harewood on Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:29 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread   Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 10:28 am

I'd like to hereby sign-up using Gideon Larrs, the Bounty Hunter also referred to as "The New Guy" in the Tales of the E.P.O.C.H. comic of the same name.

His wiki is only half done, sorry about that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks

PostSubject: Re: Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread   Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 10:45 am

Thats the first character added, thanks very much. Smile

SotM is open to all classes and it's nice to see you opt for a Bounty Hunter, Mr Dubz. Don't think you've played one on our home turf yet?
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread   Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 11:49 am

Hmmm... I have a problem with this, but only because it overlaps with Pathway to Stone. With two potentially big RPs here, I have a bad feeling about having them both on at roughly the same time. Unless this is planning to start after PTS (though I doubt it due to it's sudden appearance).

However, I do like the set up and I'd definately like to take part if we get our own time slots for each.
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread   Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 12:26 pm

I'd like to join up to this but with who I wonder..... I this after DaTd? If so I might use Jylan (yeah I know again Rolling Eyes )
Nice intro post btw!

Edit I won't be using Jylan in fact, is this a guild members (ic) only RP btw?
I really want to make a new character with a new class though sith doesnt interest me much, maybe I'll just go with the newly revealed Sith overlord class though ......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread   Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 1:01 pm

Harlequin2 wrote:
Hmmm... I have a problem with this, but only because it overlaps with Pathway to Stone. With two potentially big RPs here, I have a bad feeling about having them both on at roughly the same time. Unless this is planning to start after PTS (though I doubt it due to it's sudden appearance).
Well I know what your saying Harl and I agree that the timing is unfortunate. However I would point out I've been brewing this RP for many months. I have been waiting for either DAtD or more importantly DS (which have been running together for almost 8 months) to finish before I started, partly for the reason that you're now worried about, as well as for DS to finish and free up Creed in case SS wanted to use him as I intend to use Lilin for this RP.
I still intend to wait for DS to end before kicking off SotM but if you can look at it from my point of view; I've been patienly waiting for many months for my turn to run an RP and now that DS is close to ending here you come along and very quickly set up an RP inside of three weeks! Razz Imagine how I feel! Mad lol

SotM's start date depends on when DS finishes (still no rush Mr Dubz Wink) but it's 'sudden appearance' is I admit a declaration of intent. I'm not trying to be mean but I've planned this for too long to want to wait for another RP to start and finish before I get a chance to have a go, and with yours being a cross-over RP and dependant on TSPs involvement who knows how long it might stretch on for (through no fault of yours)? PtS may very well begin before SotM so I wouldn't worry that I'll be stealing any limelight and the two stories I think will be quite unique.

So please try and understand that though I'm sorry you have a problem with the timing overlapping, I don't see why the two RPs can't run along side one another (much like DS and DAtD, and don't forget PJK's AWS was going to run along side as well). And I have no problem with yours taking place on the timeline before mine even though they'll be running for a time in tandem.

If your problem with my RP taking place along side yours is that bad then I'll bow out and keep this on hold until yours is done. I can't be fairer than that. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread   Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 1:14 pm

PrioryJK wrote:
is this a guild members (ic) only RP btw?
I really want to make a new character with a new class though sith doesnt interest me much, maybe I'll just go with the newly revealed Sith overlord class though ......
Er, do you mean 'guild member (ic)' as in Agency member? Because I use the term "Guild Members only RP" in the OOC sense irrespective of which characters the players (ie Guild Members) sign up with. Does that make sense?? Razz

That being said, if people want to use non-Agency member characters then you might want to PM me so we can introduce the new character propperly into the story.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread   Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 1:19 pm

I didn't know that you were waiting for months... In that case it's only fair that you go first, I'm sure that TSP will understand. You have to understand my point of view as well though, I've only just heard of this when you made the timeline which was after we had started brewing PTS. Thinking about the running side by side point, I guess it has been done before in the past and the fact that we have dedicated RPers and that they're different types of RP may make it do-able. I want to see SS' perspective on this.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread   Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 1:37 am

Harlequin2 wrote:
I want to see SS' perspective on this.

Well SS is currently semi-away and, with all due respect to him PJK & Myself are also able to represent the Guild in general with stuff like this. Part of the reason we have officers in the first place is so that the onus isn't squarely on Sure's shoulders over every single point in the guild.

Furthermore not wishing to throw my weight about (which, all my in-joking aside I actually do very rarely), but my other job besides Chief Op is that of RP Director so really this is my 'turf' anyway.

I put forward that we are all pro and dedicated enough to easily run both RP's at the same time. We've done it before (DaTD & DS) and I'm sure we can do it again. Also, don't forget that one is a x-guild RP and the other is in-house meaning they will both act differently anyway (you'll find PoS will probably launch much faster and have a 'sprint' start with many posters getting involved at the start then slow down to its own momentum when players from other guilds drop off leaving only the "core" TSP & EPOCH players. SoTM on the other hand will probably start slower (being just us EPOCHians) but will maintain a steady pace).

Both GMs have a stonker of an RP lined up and I can't see any reason whatsoever why either would impact the other. I'm sure if PJK or SS disagree with me on any of the above that they will say so here, but I suspect their views aren't too far from my own.

As things stand SoTM will be starting after PoS anyway as there is nothing holding up the start of the X-Guild RP whereas 'Sins' begins when DS finishes, so a lot of this is a moot point anyway.

In short:

Official RP Directive
: Green light given for both RP's to start whenever they are ready, at the discretion of their respective Gamesmasters.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread   Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 2:28 am

I agree with LW (King of Roleplay king ) about this, on your front Harl I see no need to be worried a cross Guild RP certainly won't fail becuase you have another one in the works over here. You've got 2 Guilds participating so its going to get alot of imput.
I think this is another reason we should have discussions before we release new RPs just so theres a mutual recognition of whats going on, no ones in the wrong here but a bit of planning never hurt anyone Smile

As this is occuring after DS I'll be using Ril Tesv ...probably, if theres a new class out I might go with that but I've had an interesting idea for a Sith character.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread   Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 6:18 am

Thanks for the support guys, I really appreciate it^^ I'm not belittling Harl's objections but I didn't think holding two RPs at once would be so controvertial within an RP guild.

Though I do take your point about discussing planned RPs PJK. I had dropped a hint or two at our RP Director back in October about having an RP up my sleve and I had put SotM on the EPOCH timeline where Harl and I actually discussed it there a week ago:

Harlequin2 wrote:
Ok, well, I'd of expected that this will happen before 'Sins of the Mother' but it has to be after Hyperion, and here's a brief synopsis:
Re: Our own timeline? Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:58 pm
Harewood wrote:
Harlequin2 wrote:
I'm guessing "Sins of the Mother" is about some female official gone rogue that needs taking down? Or, it can be the sins of one of the factions, like some refer to Russia as 'Mother Russia'.
Neither^^ I wouldn't want to give the game away, though Wink. I don't want to hijack another thread so all I'll say is I've had this story brewing in me noggin since joining DAtD and will be putting up a front page and sign up thread soon.
Re: Our own timeline? Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:19 pm

And the boss picked up another hint previous to that:

Sureshot wrote:
Harewood wrote:
But of course, when I step in to GM my up-coming RP; that one will take priority. tongue

MOAR INFO PLEEZ!!! Razz
Re: PRIVATE (Guild Discussion) RP Cross-over Thread Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:47 pm

So I have sort of been ramping up a bit to announcing it. Maybe I should have better annouced my upcoming announcement. scratch

But this all seems to be my fault so I apologise to everyone for all the aggrovation. This has not really been the reception I was hoping for. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread   Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 6:48 am

I'm absolutely fine with the RP's running at once although as L-Dubz has mentioned he's the guy running the show what with being the RP director n'all. The only thing that concerns me at the minute is having to much RP on the go and the other ones suffering, although I'm sure we'll work a way around it cause we always do! At the minute I'm not far off finishing DAtD and I already have another RP in mind (which L-Dubz is aware of) but I'm waiting for the species announcement from BW first before I continue with it. Needless to say it will indeed be part of the guild lore. Smile

Back on topic though I'm well up for joining in both PtS and SotM if it fits with the timeline & and my chars so count me in. What would be cool though if some of the agents that aren't currently in RP joined in. It would actually even things out a bit and people could create as many stories as they'd like and not have to worry about not getting a good amount of numbers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org

PostSubject: Re: Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread   Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 7:59 am

Well it sounds like with both DAtD and DS coming to end soon a couple of new RPs won't break the guild's back anyway. And like I've said, PoS will very likely kick-off before SotM since I'm going to wait till DS has been completed (but still no pressure LW, I'm really enjoying it!).

I've put up the names of the players who have expressed an interest and once everyone's decided on which character they want to play, just post a note here and I'll update the op as and when.

For anyone else who might want to play, I'm not limiting the number of players with a max cap (sadly there aren't that many active members in the guild at the minute), so as long as folks can commit to regular input then anyone and everyone is invited to join in^^

I'm not sure what LW has in store for those of us in his DS RP but I can't see SotM actually starting until Christmas is out of the way - so there's plenty of time to invent or polish up your characters! Wink (...And if anyone is having trouble with their character then I'll gladly try to help iron out any wrinkles Smile)
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread   Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 8:34 am

It's PTS, Hare Razz (Acronym-play on TSP - The Sith'ari Path)

Anyway, I guess we should run them along side. I just had doubts, not really an objection. I don't particularly want those doubts to be too distruptive. Anyway, I agree that we should just let the two RPs shoot off whenever they feel that it is relevant/ready.

No more thread highjacking for me, lets cut the PTS out of the conversation and get the focus back onto Sins of the Mother. Wink I'm still thinking about if I should join or not. It would definately give Skursir a chance for some action methinks. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread   Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 9:19 am

Quote :
So I have sort of been ramping up a bit to announcing it. Maybe I should have better annouced my upcoming announcement. scratch

But this all seems to be my fault so I apologise to everyone for all the aggrovation. This has not really been the reception I was hoping for. :Neutral:

Yeah your right, this is just an announcement so there shouldn't really be anymore need to pre-announce it lol, and I'm looking forward to RPing in it Hare but lets be honest if something doesn't caase a bit of aggro on here its not worth doing Wink
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread   Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 9:29 am

I didn't have aggro as I said, only doubts. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread   Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 2:12 am

Well, that was certainly a storm in a teacup! Smile Glad we've cleared the air and straightened all those wires^^

I think everyone deserves a cupcake: Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread Not-tagged-smiley-15801 Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread Not-tagged-smiley-15801 Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread Not-tagged-smiley-15801 Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread Not-tagged-smiley-15801 Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread Not-tagged-smiley-15801
Back to top Go down
Dugo
Agent
Agent
Dugo

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread   Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 5:21 pm

I would like to sign - up as well with Horatz "Substance" Sallo. A human imperial agent/chemist. Btw, I would like him to be introduced into the agency through this RP. Is this possible Harewood, won't this somehow interfere in the story? I can still make him a member through his backstory, when this attempt would fail, so it's up to you Hare Smile Btw, his wiki will be done in a few days Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread   Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 11:45 pm

I've added Horatz to the character list Dugo, and thanks for sigining up!

Using this RP to introduce your character to the Agency is 100% doable and exactly the way I like to go about introducing my own characters - so bravo Sir! I'll PM you about how we can slot him into the RP early on in the story. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread   Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 3:45 pm

Just a small bump on this, guys.

@ PJK & SS - Any further thoughts on which character you'd like to play for this RP Sirs?
@ Harl - Have you decided if you want to sign Skursir up?
@ Dugo - Any chance I can take a peek at Horatz's wiki if it's done? I'd like to start thinking about how we can incorporate his introduction into the plot. Cheers^^

And if anyone else would like to join in, please feel free to sign up Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread   Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 8:34 am

Not sure Hare, I'm worried that I may have too much to do, after all, I'm playing all the NPCs on PtS. We'll see soon I suppose...
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread   Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 11:49 am

Well i may play Ril considering she's a spy, I'll get her bio done.... soon
Back to top Go down
Dugo
Agent
Agent
Dugo

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread   Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 3:04 am

As soon as I finish it...It's halfway done, because I hadn't much time recently. But If you want to ask me about whatever you need, I can provide you with answer as his backstory is roughly in my mind.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread   Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 7:19 am

I'm not sure if I'll have the time to come into this straight away mate, but would it be ok to join at a later date?
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org

PostSubject: Re: Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread   Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 12:46 pm

Okay folks...

Harl & SS- This RP won't be kicking off for a goodly while yet. I just wanted to get an idea of the characters involved so I could plan in some personalised bits and bobs. But don't worry if it's too soon for you to commit. I'll ask again later down the line Smile.

PJK- If you'd be so kind as to leave a message here confirming your choice of character when you're sure, thanks^^

Dugo- I don't want to rush you mate, sorry. It'll be well into the new year before we start so you've still plenty of time to finish up (and if you don't get round to it, I'll PM you when the time is close, okay?).

LW- Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread 467678 I just want to say 'Hi' cos I feel rude not mentioning you since you're all signed up!

If anyone else is interested there's room for more players to sign up. Very Happy

Ta!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread   Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Sins of the Mother Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 1