The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
    Current US Time (EST)
    Latest topics
    » CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
    Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
    Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
    Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
    Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
    Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
    Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
    Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
    Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
    Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
    Visitor Information
    Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
    BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
    SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
    SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
    Top posters
    Lunarwolf (6401)
    Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? Vote_b10Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? Vote_b11Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? Vote_b12 
    Sureshot (5209)
    Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? Vote_b10Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? Vote_b11Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? Vote_b12 
    PrioryJK (2575)
    Caryington (2420)
    Harlequin2 (1887)
    Commander Nord (1761)
    Tando (1068)
    Kleti (448)
    nosyd (435)
    Smudge (369)
    Poll
    Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
    Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
    Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? Vote_b1065%Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? Vote_b12
     65% [ 11 ]
    An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
    Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? Vote_b106%Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? Vote_b12
     6% [ 1 ]
    SWTOR Official Forums
    Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? Vote_b1018%Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? Vote_b12
     18% [ 3 ]
    Darth Hater Forums
     6% [ 1 ]
    SWTOR Roleplay Forums
     6% [ 1 ]
    Other (Please Explain)
    Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? Vote_b100%Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? Vote_b12
     0% [ 0 ]
    Total Votes : 17
    Dice Roller

Site Donation
    Twitterlink

Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer?

Go down 
    4 posters

Do you play Pen and Paper RPGs?
    Yes, I play tabletop games such as Star Wars, Dungeons and Dragons, World of Darkness, Serenity etc as well as video-game RPGs
    Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? Vote_b1083%Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? Vote_b12
     83% [ 5 ]
    No, I play video-game RPGs such as KOTOR, Dragon Age, Baldurs Gate, Fallout3 and Fable only
    Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? Vote_b1017%Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? Vote_b12
     17% [ 1 ]
    Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
    Lunarwolf
    Chief Operative
    Chief Operative
    Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
    Registration date : 2009-02-23

Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? Empty
    PostSubject: Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer?   Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 1:04 am

This is just because I am curious Smile

I mentioned in the "What Are You Playing" thread that there is a Dragon Age RPG on route and have recently posted up about Vin Diesel playing D&D and it suddenly occured - is there anyone on this site that actually cares about such things, or am I on my own?

I've played pen'n'paper (a.k.a: "Tabletop") rpgs for over 20 years and will probably play them until I'm too old to read the words (though hopefully we'll have VR versions by then!), but I wondered:

How many of you also play tabletop RPGs?
    or are you video-gamer RPers only?

Apart from a curiousity angle, I ask this because I'm working on a tabletop rpg of Mass Effect and will post up the finished PDF here for anyone who wants it.
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
    Sureshot
    Chief Operative
    Chief Operative
    Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer?   Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 3:44 am

Don't really know how to answer this one because I'm not currently playing games of any kind. I am an ex P&P RP'er though. Mainly D&D and Vampire - The Masquerade. Last video game I played was D&D Online as you know. So yeah I guess I'm neither at this current moment in time.
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
    Lunarwolf
    Chief Operative
    Chief Operative
    Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer?   Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 3:48 am

Awkward so-and-so Razz

Personally I'd say you were nearer "option1" just because you have played p'n'p rpgs, the second option is meant more for those people who haven't.
    Back to top Go down
    Sureshot
    Chief Operative
    Chief Operative
    Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer?   Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 4:20 am

Ah ok option 1 it is then! Very Happy
    Back to top Go down
    Commander Nord
    Freelancer
    Freelancer

Number of posts : 1761
    Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer?   Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 4:41 am

D&D with Forgotten Realms and my own world
    Back to top Go down
    Lunarwolf
    Chief Operative
    Chief Operative
    Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer?   Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 4:44 am

Lord_Nord wrote:
    D&D with Forgotten Realms and my own world

Is this a campaign setting you've written yourself Nord? If so I'd be interested to hear more Smile

I've written about 6 or 7 campaign settings myself in the past, I'm currently about 1/2 way through my 8th (based on a novel i'm writing really, really slowly) and am just starting work on a Mass Effect RPG using the Cortex Rules system (the one they use in Serenity, Supernatural and Battlestar Galactica RPGs).

So I'm always up for hearing people do the same!
    Back to top Go down
    Commander Nord
    Freelancer
    Freelancer

Number of posts : 1761
    Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer?   Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 4:48 am

Have written a world myself, but with some Forgotten Realms gods.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer?   Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 5:16 am

Hex mats and minifigs ftw! cheers

I've played:
    D&D -:- Vampire, The Masquerade -:- Werewolf, The Apocalypse -:- Æon Trinity, Aberrant -:- Dragonlance 5th Age

And flirted with:
    7th Sea -:- Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay -:- Deadlands

Sadly it's a been a while since I've table topped or pen and papered. Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? Sad-smiley-8372
    Back to top Go down
    Lunarwolf
    Chief Operative
    Chief Operative
    Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer?   Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 5:23 am

Harewood wrote:

And flirted with:
    7th Sea -:- Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay -:- Deadlands

Ah, 7th Sea - an excellent game! you could actually get bonuses over your opponents by belittling them in combat! Stellar idea Smile
    Back to top Go down
    Sureshot
    Chief Operative
    Chief Operative
    Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer?   Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 5:32 am

Did any of you guys ever play Pandemonium? I played it donkeys years ago and it was great fun.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer?   Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 5:38 am

I've never heard of Pandemonium but 7th Sea was such a good idea. It actively encouraged flamboyancy in combat - sooo fun! Very Happy
    Back to top Go down
    Sureshot
    Chief Operative
    Chief Operative
    Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer?   Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 5:51 am

lol awesome!

Yeah Pandemonium was just crazy. If you can imagine 2000 AD's comic strip Zenith mixed in with bizarre B-Movies (ala Ed Wood) of the 50's with a heavy influence from the Weekly World News then you'll be on the right track.

Actually if you've ever seen the film Bubba Ho-Tep then thats a pretty good example of what it's like. Crazy, crazy RP!
    Back to top Go down
    Lunarwolf
    Chief Operative
    Chief Operative
    Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer?   Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 6:19 am

I ownz Bubba Hotep (thank goodness!)
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer?   Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 6:39 am

That looks brilliant! lol

*Hare goes off to add to his Christmas list...
    Back to top Go down
    Sharasvar
    The Sith'ari Path
    The Sith'ari Path
    Sharasvar

Number of posts : 110
    Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer?   Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 9:00 am

I am the DM/GM of a more or less stable group of D&D and Star Wars roleplayers. Last week we finished our Star Wars RP set in the Old Republic, and in December we start a classical D&D campaign set in the Moonshae Isles. Smile
    Back to top Go down
    http://thesitharipath.guildportal.com
    Lunarwolf
    Chief Operative
    Chief Operative
    Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer?   Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 9:12 am

Do you play Saga Edition, Sharasvar? I'm just getting to grips with that; but the books are a wee bit expensive :S

@ Sure: If you love 'slightly mental" RPG's, did you ever try PARANOIA! ? that's a truly silly game where you play clones living in a bubble run by a mental computer. You're job is to find and weed out "imperfections" in society (read "mutants"). Your fellow players are all mutants, as are you. You all have special mutant powers and must unmask the others while trying to do whatever insane mission The Computer has you set on doing.

Of course although you all know each other are mutants out of character, you have to discover it ingame and, to liven things up you all belong to one of many secret societies as well, all also trying to gain power.

As you can imagine, everyone dies ALOT, so you get 6 clones Very Happy

I remember once calling an air-strike on all my fellow players while safely "trapped" in a bunker Very Happy hehe
    Back to top Go down
    Sureshot
    Chief Operative
    Chief Operative
    Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer?   Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 9:14 am

I've played Paranoia!!! Years ago when I was a kid. That was a nuts old game.
    Back to top Go down
    Lunarwolf
    Chief Operative
    Chief Operative
    Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer?   Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 9:17 am

Sureshot wrote:
    I've played Paranoia!!! Years ago when I was a kid. That was a nuts old game.

Good show! I think my last ever character (clone number six of YOO-R-DED) is still on the moon (which is made of Cheeze, obviously Razz) living as an Elvis impersonator and convincing the moon-people he is there god.

Great times Smile

From the latest version of the game, from Mongoose Publishing:

Quote :

TRUST THE COMPUTER! THE COMPUTER IS YOUR FRIEND!

Greetings, citizen! THE COMPUTER has made you a protector of the underground city of ALPHA COMPLEX. You will have lots of fun rooting out Communist mutant traitors. The Computer says so.

Members of treasonous secret societies like the Frankenstein Destroyers, the Illuminati, Psion, PURGE and the Sierra Club may attack, maim or blackmail you. Treasonous mutants with powers like Electroshock, Pyrokinesis, Charm, Puppeteer and Bureaucratic Intuition may shock you, incinerate you, subvert you, control you or bury you in paperwork. But it will be fun. The Computer says so, and The Computer is your friend.

PARANOIA: The Roleplaying Game of a Darkly Humorous Future

Pursuant to Central Processing Unit directive 214.08.20/547.4 'Restoration of Classic RPGs to Print After Unduly Prolonged Absence,' Mongoose Publishing brings you PARANOIA, an entirely new edition of the classic science fiction game originally published in 1984. In service to a well-meaning but deranged Computer, you and your fellow players seek to eliminate traitors. Your deepest fear: Your fellow players will discover YOU are one of those traitors.

The latest edition of Paranoia provides you with a choice of three core rulebooks, allowing you to venture into Alpha Complex in three very different flavours - enjoy life as a Troubleshooter, join Internal Security, or live the high life as a High Programmer! Each rulebook is completely self-contained.

PARANOIA IS FUN. OTHER GAMES ARE NOT FUN. BUY PARANOIA.

Sorta sums it up really Very Happy
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer?   Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 10:40 am

Lunarwolf wrote:
    Quote :
    PARANOIA IS FUN. OTHER GAMES ARE NOT FUN. BUY PARANOIA.
    What a brilliant sales pitch. Razz That would definately grab my attention.

Has nobody tried Aeon Trinity? It was really good, sort of Babylon5 meets X-Men.
    Back to top Go down
    Lunarwolf
    Chief Operative
    Chief Operative
    Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer?   Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 12:40 pm

Harewood wrote:

Has nobody tried Aeon Trinity? It was really good, sort of Babylon5 meets X-Men.

Nope but I have heard of it, it was one of the ones I was going to try right before White Wolf decided to end all their game series in an Armageddon metaplot.

That ended up being a bit mental :S I ran the Hunter:The Reckoning Endgame. Almost all the players died, but they saved the world in doing so....well, kinda Wink
    Back to top Go down
    Sharasvar
    The Sith'ari Path
    The Sith'ari Path
    Sharasvar

Number of posts : 110
    Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer?   Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 2:53 am

Lunarwolf wrote:
    Do you play Saga Edition, Sharasvar? I'm just getting to grips with that; but the books are a wee bit expensive :S

We started out with SAGA edition, but we ended up with a home brew system, because I didn't like many of the simplified mechanics. Now it's a combination of d20 & a level-less skill based system.
    Back to top Go down
    http://thesitharipath.guildportal.com
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer?   Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are you a Pen'n'Paper gamer?
    Page 1 of 1