The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 Vote_b10What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 Vote_b11What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 Vote_b10What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 Vote_b11What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 Vote_b1065%What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 Vote_b106%What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 Vote_b1018%What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 Vote_b106%What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 Vote_b100%What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

What will become of the Newsletter?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 7:17 am

Well teh cool thing is there is actually a media player on here but it won't recognise the videos in any format on my PC. I've even tried converting them to .avi, .mpeg, etc...

I think I'll wait to see if L-Dubz has any suggestions on how to do it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 7:24 am

I can save you time with that one, with a quick response of "buggered if I know." Very Happy

I've only bothered to use it as a simple word processor and .pdf builder - I never put anything but words and pictures in. Sorry chief!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 7:28 am

No probs, At the end of the day it's looking a bit better anyway. Damn shame about those vids though. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 7:36 am

Well they did (for me at least) make it feel a bit 'pro' but they're just fluff at the end of the day. And the newsletter is pyhsically shorter without them, so there's a silver lining Smile.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 7:50 am

Sureshot wrote:
Newsletter needs to be a LOT smaller. Quite frankly at the size it is I wouldn't read it if it wasn't my guild. I suggest removing all TOR updates apart from the Leaked Intel section. Most people are already fully aware of whats happening in TOR anyway. Remember this is showcasing our guild in TOR, not TOR itself.

That's a far cry from when you said it wanted to be big. But I have to confess, I thought that this would be sent out via the forum, not e-mail! Had I know that I'd of taken the correct measures to make it such. I also know that I'm not a real editor, more like a manager, since the officers are more like the editors since they give the green light for some subjects and also add bits in (like the intro and interview), but any degradation in the newsletter's quality is still my fault and I'm sorry on the trouble it has caused.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 9:06 am

Not to worry mate I've fixed loads of it now. Smile

As for having it big, yeah I do want it big but preferably without own content and not TOR info. Thats my fault for not being clear though.

Right what i need now is a list of everyone that contributed to this newsletter.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 9:14 am

Me, Priory and Hare.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 9:15 am

Harlequin2 wrote:
Me, Priory and Hare.

Doesn't my zillion hours of work preparing it and LW's interview count then? LOL! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 9:17 am

I've just put a big thanks to all in the end. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 9:18 am

That'd be me and PJK with an interview from LW so far as I know. And Harl of course! His Trando bits are a regular feature and he's Editor, or Manager or whatever, so that's pretty much a given! Razz.

Unless there's been some sneaky slicer fiddling with the content we don't know about... Suspect (Does wrestling the newsletter into existance count as a contribution? Wink)

Edit: Doh! You beat me to it! lol
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 9:28 am

Thank @%&#!!! It's all done!!!

Now how to send this thing out.....
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 9:42 am

For all of you that would like a sneak preview, please click here. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 10:33 am

Awesome job - nice and easy to read and loads of info - and the links work too!

One slight problem though, that interview was too long Razz
Back to top Go down
Tando
Special Agent
Special Agent
Tando

Number of posts : 1068
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 10:44 am

that was a great read and the interview was not too long LW
Back to top Go down
http://www.evil-wizards.org/swtor-wiki/index.php/Tando_Alums
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 10:49 am

I agree, I really enjoyed the interview. Could've done with some entirely new questions compared to the last one though. Must remember that for next time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 11:32 am

Bravo! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 11:53 am

Have to say I never saw this before but it did make me LOL!

Quote :
What made you decide that the E.P.O.C.H agency was the guild for you?
Sureshot held my dog ransom.

Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 6:10 am

Erm, I'm not sure if I should mention this... But we forgot to include the biggest piece of guild news since the last newsletter went out: We're now technically a Sith aligned guild. Shouldn't we include a news bit about our still being neutral RP-wise but now only accepting Sith aligned characters?
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 7:10 am

*scratches noggin*

I thought that was mentioned in the last slicer?
....I could of course be going mental and just made that up...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 7:16 am

Well I checked over the copy saved in my inbox and couldn't see anything (apologies if I'm mistaken).

*Harewood goes off to check

No. The newsletter was sent out on 06/08/09 and the general meeting we had when the Sith direction was first discussed 26/08/09. So there we go. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 7:20 am

So I am going mental? hmmm can't say I'm overly shocked.

Well hopefully it can be shoe-horned in by the Chief before it ships but if not at least their were major updates on both this site and SWTOR.com *shrug*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 7:25 am

Lunarwolf wrote:
So I am going mental?
"Going" mental...? What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 Sarcasticclap

What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 Jester
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 7:48 am

Harewood wrote:
Erm, I'm not sure if I should mention this... But we forgot to include the biggest piece of guild news since the last newsletter went out: We're now technically a Sith aligned guild. Shouldn't we include a news bit about our still being neutral RP-wise but now only accepting Sith aligned characters?

Right whos job was it to do forum updates and Top topic of the month!!! Mad Mad

ermmm......*runs to the hills*
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 8:33 am

It's ok I'll get on the case. Smile

By the way L-Dubz what was that site you suggested for sending out the newsletter?
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 10:55 am

Well I was actually meaning a link to a download, such as your YouSendIt one... there is one I used for the Webcomic, called 4Shared.com.

It would actually save you sending it out - if you left a thread with the link announcing it was available and ready

...like you did with the "preview", in fact Very Happy

Would also mean it was archived too, so people could get to back-issues whenever they need!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What will become of the Newsletter?   What will become of the Newsletter? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

What will become of the Newsletter?
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next