The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread Vote_b10EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread Vote_b11EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread Vote_b10EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread Vote_b11EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread Vote_b1065%EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread Vote_b106%EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread Vote_b1018%EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread Vote_b100%EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread Empty
PostSubject: EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread   EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 2:08 am

Please use this thread to leave any suggestions of ideas you might have for improving the EPOCH Wiki, new artcle suggestions or if you spot any errors you want to see corrected.

Please don't use this thread to 'chat' about the Wiki, thats what EPOCH Wiki Discussion Thead is for.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread   EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 9:07 am

KK here's a couple of things that I noticed that need some work.

Some of the rankings have been mislabelled. Republic & Sith Department Head should be Chief Operatives and Officers should be Special Agents.

Aside from that I think the whole thing looks ace!
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread   EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 10:42 am

Sureshot wrote:

Some of the rankings have been mislabelled. Republic & Sith Department Head should be Chief Operatives and Officers should be Special Agents.

I only put them like that because it might make more sense to someone new to the guild.

Last time I checked (I hope I'm right here confused ) The Mysterious Falleen is the "overlord" of it all,

Then Head of Operations is head of the Sith Department and will run the Sith Faction in-game

and

Chief Operative is head of the Republic Faction and will run the Republic Faction in-game

I'll alter them ofc, but can I suggest putting something like:

[as yet unnamed Sith character], Head of Operation (Leader of the Sith Department)

and

Ree'tak, Chief Operative (Leader of the Republic Department)?

I'll also change Officer to Special Agent ^^ (Too used to calling them Officers!)
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread   EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 6:58 am

23/08/09 update:

* All of Sureshot's suggestions (above) altered.
* PJK's suggestion to re-size the banner implemented.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread   EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 1:20 pm

How about we make a page on the wiki as a log book for all our numerous contracts that we recieve. It will be extremely helpful for people to look back on what they did and to make sure that we hound the right people back for the right cash, like a collection of reciepts. For example:

Date: 27th March 2010
Contractor: GTC
Mission: Elimination
Target: Mr. X, Human, Male
Cost: 5000 credits
Result: Succeeded and Paid
Agents: Skursir
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread   EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 2:36 pm

Exceptional Idea, H2!

I'll set up a page (although it will be primarily blank until we actually *have* contracts.

Thanks for that mate ^^
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread   EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 2:39 pm

Well, what about the ones from RPs on our forums?
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread   EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 2:43 pm

Like A Wayward Son you mean?

DaTD and DS are jobs for the Falleen
RoTC....er....I'm not sure whats going on with that,

and Hyperion's just a chill-out
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread   EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 2:47 pm

Yup, that's the one! Aswell as any other forum RP contracts, especially the cross-over with HoD and Prax...
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread   EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 2:55 pm

Grand plan, that man.

Seeing as it was your idea, want me to set up the page (with a template) so you can fill it in? (you deserve the credit after all)
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread   EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 3:04 pm

That would be great, thanks Lunar! Very Happy

By the way, the wiki should be on the sidebar to the left, at least in my opinion...
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread   EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 3:53 pm

All done, H2.

From the menu go to:

ALLIES AND CONTRACTS

then

E.P.O.C.H. CONTRACTS DATABASE

If you click on the "Discussion" tab (top right) the Template is in there.

Alternatively you can find it here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread   EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 7:31 am

Lunarwolf wrote:
Sureshot wrote:

I only put them like that because it might make more sense to someone new to the guild.

I thought the way round LW originally had the Officer/Chief Operatives etc was a better idea personally. If I've understood one of the main purposes of his new Wiki that is. To keep current members/initiates/allies informed about EPOCH we have this (and other) forum(s), the Evil Wizzards RP Wiki, the non-RP Wiki and the fantastic newsletter; plenty of places where the "IC" internal structure of the guild is used/explained. But it's a good idea, I thought, to have a resource outside of all of that "IC" stuff written on behalf of the uninitiated to help them understand all about our guild.

When speaking of Praxeum or HoD people I still think in terms of "Leader", "Officer" and "Member" not "Council Member", "Moff" or "Dark Lady", and I think for someone outside a guild's mythos it helps to talk in universal terms.

This new Wiki could be used as a powerful new recruiting tool but turning it into another version of what we already have, in my eyes, defeats it's purpose and kind of renders it pointless (sorry Dubz).
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread   EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 9:09 am

Redwatch wrote:

This new Wiki could be used as a powerful new recruiting tool but turning it into another version of what we already have, in my eyes, defeats it's purpose and kind of renders it pointless (sorry Dubz).

Although I had considered it could be used for part of a Recruitment drive, it was originally put together for a compilation of important guild details that are hammered out on this forum. Kind of like an "E.P.O.C.H. Encyclopedia" I guess. It's not meant to supercede anything on this site, but rather work as a reference guide so that as this forum gets bigger (and bigger, and bigger!) you don't have to search through the (what are we at now?) over 9,500 posts and messages to look for specific information. It took me several hours just to find and collate what is there, which is why I was asking for help with the rest of it.

Whilst I can see where you are coming from Red, I don't think its pointless in fact I consider it far from it. I've already started using it when compiling RPs to find quick access to characters and for someone new to the guild I think it could be invaluable. That said, I see what you mean and how it might seem that way. Perhaps if there was more content to it what I am trying to do would become more evident, but that will happen in time.

As for it being used as a recruitment tool, that sounds really interesting (and frankly the sort of input I was hoping for!), could you elaborate further on that please?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread   EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 1:13 pm

Lunarwolf wrote:
As for it being used as a recruitment tool, that sounds really interesting (and frankly the sort of input I was hoping for!), could you elaborate further on that please?
Certainly sir! It's very much like how you describe it as an EPOCH Encyclopaedia. If we have this resource that is a compilation of the real world facts about our guild (be it lore, characters, allies, structure, activities or whatever) written in a straight forward fashion uncomplicated by IC terminology then aside from it's usefulness to us as a reference, it acts like it's own one-stop-shop for non-members to see exactly what we're about. Very useful in recruitment.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread   EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 1:16 pm

Makes sense, of course that pretty much the opposite of what I was doing, lol! I was making most of the site very much "In-Character" but, as you say most of that is already here.

I'm up for changing it to a factual database seeing as it won't take too much to write if people think that would be a better idea.

What say you all?
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread   EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 1:54 pm

Aye!
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread   EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 2:37 pm

Yeah thats sounds like a good idea, btw my user name on there is PrioryJK.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread   EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 3:13 pm

Thanks fella, got you all sorted over there.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread   EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 11:39 am

I see our Wiki's been changed to the new style.
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Caryington
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Caryington

Number of posts : 2420
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread   EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 2:02 pm

Yes... Quite disturbing change I'd say...
Back to top Go down
http://soude.forumactif.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread   EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

EPOCH Wiki Suggestion Thread
Page 1 of 1