The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
The Healer Class EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
The Healer Class EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
The Healer Class EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
The Healer Class EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
The Healer Class EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
The Healer Class EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
The Healer Class EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
The Healer Class EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
The Healer Class EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
The Healer Class Vote_b10The Healer Class Vote_b11The Healer Class Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
The Healer Class Vote_b1065%The Healer Class Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
The Healer Class Vote_b106%The Healer Class Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
The Healer Class Vote_b1018%The Healer Class Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
The Healer Class Vote_b100%The Healer Class Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

The Healer Class

Go down 
+4
PrioryJK
nosyd
Lunarwolf
Sureshot
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

The Healer Class Empty
PostSubject: The Healer Class   The Healer Class EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 3:35 pm

The last two classes really must be racking people's brains, cause I know for a fact is it me. Anyway although I'm still open to ideas on what they can be there still remains one part of the MMO class trinity left untouched - the healer. Ya know, the guy that most people won't play that actually ends up being the most powerful class?.... Wink

I am actually coming to the conclusion now that all the classes now are starting to look pretty mirrored. We've got the ranged DPS guys (Bounty Hunter & Trooper), we've got the rogues (Smuggler and what most of us believe to be some sort of Spy), and we have the melee 'magic' classes (Jedi & Sith). So I ask, why not consider the REALLY big roles of leadership as the healers - the Senator and the Grand Moff? (Thanks Harly for the suggestion, its the best one yet)!

I do have reasons as to why these clases are looking quite likely but I'm gonna disprove a theory first from BH (sorry mate!):

Quote :
Moffs won't be in the game because they weren't created until around 22 BBY or so, they were Palpatine's creation.

In the latest vid doc the Sith player character actually states "You disobeyed a direct order from Grand Moff Kilron". I agree that I personally thought that Palpatine created the Sith Miltary ranks as we know it now but then again we haven't actually seen the Sith Empire of old in full action as we are now. Anyway I'm going off on a tangent but what I'm trying to say is that this at least leaves an opportunity for a "Moff" class.

Again, going by classic Star Wars characters and what BioWare have stated about including them we NEED a Princess Leia, and who's her main adversory?.... You got it....Grand Moff Tarkin!

Now another thing thats making me think a Noble class on both sides is quite likely is that, and I mean no offence to most healers, a healing class in MMO's can be kinda dull unless you have friends to heal. However we always consider healers to be just that light armoured pansy that heals morale/health, but what if BioWare decided to mix the healer and the buffe AND a light combat class into one? You'd have a leadership type class that didn't seem like a bit of a pansy and if you mix that with the Moff/Senator heroes/villains that we know from Star Wars you'd have quite an enjoyable class on your hands. Maybe its just me thinking this but give me a Amidala over a Minstrel anyday of the week! Another thing we have to consider that both Leia/Tarkin were both miltary trained professionals so maybe the class could be "the good all-rounder"?

I know I'm probably rambling on but I blame Harly for his suggestion of a Moff in the first place! Still, it's all food for thought.
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

The Healer Class Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Healer Class   The Healer Class EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 3:59 pm

Don't ask me why, because I have nothing to back this up than an odd 'gut feeling', but I don't think there will actually be a dedicated healer class.

I get the impression that BioWare is instead gonna allow each class to heal themselves (some being better at it than others) with things like stims, the ability to use bacta-tank-like devices between missions and whatever passes for the sci-fi game equivilent of 'health potions'.

Now a Noble-type class? I reckon that's VERY likely for a few reasons:

1. Nobles/Aristracts/Officers are all over the bloomin' place in SW lore.
2. A 'buffer' class which uses either inspiration/intimidation would fit in nicely.
3. There are too many strong iconic SW chars (Leia, Amidala, Palpatine, Jabba, ,etc) for people to not be interested in playing them. They're just too popular to miss out!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
nosyd
Freelancer
Freelancer
nosyd

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2009-06-06

The Healer Class Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Healer Class   The Healer Class EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 4:04 pm

I've had the same feeling for a while as well. I just don't think there will be a healer class. Maybe we will get sidekicks (or companions, don't remember what Bioware call them) that will heal us as we fight, just a thought?

Last edited by Nosyd on Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

The Healer Class Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Healer Class   The Healer Class EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 4:04 pm

Aye thats EXACTLY what I'm saying. It's all in the description....

For example a minstrel in LotRO would get a "ballad" of something, but a Noble/ Military Officer of some kind would get a "Command" that instead of healing would "Inspire" which to me sounds far more heroic. Actually dude you play a Captain so you probably know exactly what I'm on about?

EDIT:

Nosyd wrote:
I've had the same feeling for a while as well. I just don't think there will be a healer class. Maybe we will get sidekicks (or companions, don't remember what Bioware call them) that will heal us as we fight, just a thought?

Normally I'd agree with that but there is a massive percentage of gamers that only play the healer class so missing them out I think would be a bad move on BioWare's part. I myself like to play a support class so not seeing it available to me would be a bit annoying.
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

The Healer Class Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Healer Class   The Healer Class EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 4:11 pm

Well I've got my Lekku crossed for a Noble who can 'heal'.

Right, your move BioWare!
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

The Healer Class Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Healer Class   The Healer Class EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 3:24 am

It just doesn't seem to fit for me having a Noble class, I can definatly see the reasons, as each class has a seperate story you could not so combat heavy story for them (you won't have a noble storming and enemy stronghold or assasinating someone Razz) you need a healer class and Nobles certainly would fit the type, you could have missions where your leading guys into battle, negotiating with people for trade/help and I'm racking my brain for another type of class tbh

But at the same time I'm not sure how it would work, could they really string a combat light story for the entire toons level-span, I'm guessing the'd have to play just like the smuggler/spy becuase of the lack of armour, and they don't seem like natural healers, also what sub-classes would they have?
I'm not sure there will be a healer class maybe they'll just do away with it somehow? but if there were going to be a healer class I'd be much more likely to think id be a Trooper medic sub-class or droid class, which seems just as unlikly but there are Droid medics in the movies and people loved Ak-47, maybe a droid class could work as each other class Droid healer, droid spy, droid Bounty hunter (ie IG-88) ?
Back to top Go down
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

Number of posts : 1761
Registration date : 2009-03-24

The Healer Class Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Healer Class   The Healer Class EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 5:30 am

I dont think the will be a healer class, but the jedi/Sith and maybe officer/ diplomat class will have healer subclasses.
Back to top Go down

The Healer Class Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Healer Class   The Healer Class EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 6:37 am

Lunarwolf wrote:
I get the impression that BioWare is instead gonna allow each class to heal themselves (some being better at it than others) with things like stims, the ability to use bacta-tank-like devices between missions and whatever passes for the sci-fi game equivilent of 'health potions'.

Now a Noble-type class? I reckon that's VERY likely for a few reasons:

1. Nobles/Aristracts/Officers are all over the bloomin' place in SW lore.
2. A 'buffer' class which uses either inspiration/intimidation would fit in nicely.
3. There are too many strong iconic SW chars (Leia, Amidala, Palpatine, Jabba, ,etc) for people to not be interested in playing them. They're just too popular to miss out!
I agree 100% with Lunarwolf on this. If you look at what Bioware have said in the past about this being like KTOR III, IV, V, etc. all rolled into one, and that preserving the single-player experience within an MMO setting aaaand that you'll be able to solo your way through TOR, then each class will pretty much have to be able to look after itself health-wise which makes your traditional healer fairly redundant. And I don't see them wasting a quarter of the available classes focussing on a role which monopolizes on the small group-absolutely-necessary portions of the game.

But it seems the general consensus is that whatever form the class takes it'll likely be an all-rounder which makes sense.

As an afterthought, I think it might end up where the Jedi/Sith get the most healing/buffing powers via the Force. Bioware run the risk of having the game splitting into a "them" and "us" battlefield with Forcers and non-Forcers disdaining eachother. Making Jedi in demand for party-play would help integrate the two. I'm sure for the sake of game balancing there will be something important the Jedi/Sith are rubbish at and need a hand with in return. Perhaps! lol Razz
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

The Healer Class Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Healer Class   The Healer Class EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 8:50 am

Har har! I think I'm going to prepare my 'I told you so' for when the classes are released. I'm going to focus on Moffs here, Tarkin is a very iconic character in the first film and I'm sure many people would love the command that a similar character like him would possess, as well as the other abilities. In the Threat of Peace, you can see many "High Ranking Sith Officers" such as the torturer in the last one. Such focus perhaps hints at Moff inclusion.
Back to top Go down
Godjera
Registered
Registered
Godjera

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2009-03-02

The Healer Class Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Healer Class   The Healer Class EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 10:09 am

Bioware tends to have a way of every class being able to heal themselves (usually poitions and medipacks) so i wouldn't be suprised if we didn't get a healer in the game (Mass Effect didn't have one). Personally i would like the see an officer class as well. Buffer classes have always been one of the funnest classes to play in RPGs (protect monk in GW, bard in Everquest, entertainer in Galxies etc), and I wouldn't think the tren would end here.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

The Healer Class Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Healer Class   The Healer Class EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 11:05 am

Harlequin2 wrote:
Har har! I think I'm going to prepare my 'I told you so' for when the classes are released. I'm going to focus on Moffs here, Tarkin is a very iconic character in the first film and I'm sure many people would love the command that a similar character like him would possess, as well as the other abilities. In the Threat of Peace, you can see many "High Ranking Sith Officers" such as the torturer in the last one. Such focus perhaps hints at Moff inclusion.

Don't forget to put it in the "Crystal Ball Prediction thread" mate, then you can officially point back to that if you're right!
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

The Healer Class Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Healer Class   The Healer Class EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 11:41 am

Lunarwolf wrote:

Don't forget to put it in the "Crystal Ball Prediction thread" mate, then you can officially point back to that if you're right!

It already has been, that's were the whole Moff/Noble thing started from Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

The Healer Class Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Healer Class   The Healer Class EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 1:03 am

Just a thought, has anyone else seen This? (Over at SWTOR.com)

Two major points really grabbed my attention:

[QUOTE=TheDarkKnight;842548]

[*]Healing is in TOR, several classes have healing branches - IGN Q & A
[*]Healing not a requirement for base core game - IGN Q & A
[*]Healing in TOR has a twist and is unique to the game (not revealed) - IGN Q & A

and

[QUOTE=TheDarkKnight;842548]
[*]You can play as a Neutral character such as a Grey Jedi, Confirmed - Live Q & A session Comic Con.

Obviously this is not "Official BioWare released info" but its certainly food for thought...
Back to top Go down

The Healer Class Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Healer Class   The Healer Class EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 5:32 am

Of course in their RPG's there was also just a normal (out of combat) health regen (you could boost it quite a bit with armour and stuffz).
I kind of like that tbh, it's rare in an MMO but standard in most FPS'es and just gives a much more fluid and active gameplay I think.
It could allow for instance smugglers (who would most likely not have the most HP or armour) to regen a bit by simply taking cover. If the AI is smart enough to react to such tactics it could provide an unseen combat-mechanic for MMO's.

I'm on board for the last unknown class-branch to be some sort of a buffer, it's the only truly epic character left I think apart from droids (and it's highly unlikely those would be more than companions I think).

I got my fingers crossed we'll get some info this Friday though, another class-reveal is way over due! bounce
Back to top Go down
zoran
Registered
Registered
zoran

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2009-05-10

The Healer Class Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Healer Class   The Healer Class EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 5:46 am

TheSweatyFox wrote:
Of course in their RPG's there was also just a normal (out of combat) health regen (you could boost it quite a bit with armour and stuffz).
I kind of like that tbh, it's rare in an MMO but standard in most FPS'es and just gives a much more fluid and active gameplay I think.
It could allow for instance smugglers (who would most likely not have the most HP or armour) to regen a bit by simply taking cover. If the AI is smart enough to react to such tactics it could provide an unseen combat-mechanic for MMO's.

I'm on board for the last unknown class-branch to be some sort of a buffer, it's the only truly epic character left I think apart from droids (and it's highly unlikely those would be more than companions I think).

I got my fingers crossed we'll get some info this Friday though, another class-reveal is way over due! bounce

A Planet reveal is even more overdue! but since bioware said we would get a big update at the end of this month, maybe it will be a big Class/Planet reveal, I'm sure everyone can agree that would rock. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

The Healer Class Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Healer Class   The Healer Class EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 5:34 am

Sean on the Bioware site wrote:
Understandably, some of you are not ecstatic with the original post on this thread (yes, they do call me Captain Obvious sometimes...). As I explained a few weeks ago, the convention season can (and will) be a little different than the other parts of the year. During this time of year, our announcements are planned around events such as E3, Comic-Con, GamesCom, PAX.

Looks like we're going to be underwhelmed. And the way he's putting it, we aren't going to see any real big updates this summer it seems Sad
Kind of makes sense I guess; I still think they're aiming for a Spring/early Summer 2010 release so they gotta save some stuff to really start hyping it beginning of the year probably.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Healer Class Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Healer Class   The Healer Class Empty

Back to top Go down

The Healer Class
Page 1 of 1