The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
War's Pact Comic EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
War's Pact Comic EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
War's Pact Comic EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
War's Pact Comic EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
War's Pact Comic EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
War's Pact Comic EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
War's Pact Comic EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
War's Pact Comic EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
War's Pact Comic EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
War's Pact Comic Vote_b10War's Pact Comic Vote_b11War's Pact Comic Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
War's Pact Comic Vote_b1065%War's Pact Comic Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
War's Pact Comic Vote_b106%War's Pact Comic Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
War's Pact Comic Vote_b1018%War's Pact Comic Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
War's Pact Comic Vote_b100%War's Pact Comic Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

War's Pact Comic

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

War's Pact Comic Empty
PostSubject: War's Pact Comic   War's Pact Comic EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 4:04 am

I've had a crazy new idea, it may work or it may not. It's a comic. The finished version will first be up for grabs in the newsletter and will later be posted up here, sort of a member exclusive thing. I'm looking at a dozen page thing so this may well end up as a montly deal as opposed to a bi-monthly. At first, this will be in black and white. I'm sorry but I don't yet have the software to make a decent colour version. My plan is to do the pencil sketch and run over it with a good black pen, then it will be scanned in.

War's Pact is basically the story of Skursir and Artekus meeting. You can find the full story in the Storytelling forum. This comic will go into it with a lot more depth and will have elements and parts that you haven't seen in the story, such as what Skursir's briefing and the full cantina meeting. I'm not a professional, but I've recieved positive feedback so far from friends and family, so here's the pencil sketch-up of the first page:

War's Pact Comic Comic1

As I said, the version with black pen will be up in the newsletter. It will look a lot neater and will have some more adjustments - this is just a rough sketch. Please, if you're goind to critisize, then do so with positive feedback so I can improve my drawings and layout. Cover art may come if this is sucessful, so perhaps a full comic book may be around the corner? Very Happy

H2Woah
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

War's Pact Comic Empty
PostSubject: Re: War's Pact Comic   War's Pact Comic EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 7:16 am

Right well I hate to dissapoint you here mate but there is already talk of a comic being made for the newsletter, but I'm not really allowed to go into detail about it just yet because the author is keeping it a secret for now....I think!

To me this seems like it's just about Skursir and Artekus which is cool but it sounds like this should be going in the gallery section or maybe a wiki. The reason being that if a comic is made then it should be about the guild as a whole.

If I'm allowed to give your more info about this other comic then I will let you know soon as I'm sure you'll understand why I'd prefer this other one to be the main newsletter version.
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org

War's Pact Comic Empty
PostSubject: Re: War's Pact Comic   War's Pact Comic EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 7:49 am

I'd like to air an opinion about this too. Not a criticism of your work Harl, but about it's inclusion in the newsletter. I'm a little surprised that you seem to be assuming your work has automatic guild approval, much like you did when the trailer promo you made and released publicly as an official piece. Even though the idea for a newsletter was yours and you're master-chief-editor, I don't think you should get to include anything of your own making that you feel like. It seems like an abuse of power or something! Razz (*Red takes a note: power corrupts Haha!)

All in all though I think it's brilliant to see you bulking out your character's background and it's cool you're having a go at a comic. I can't wait to see how it turns out!
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

War's Pact Comic Empty
PostSubject: Re: War's Pact Comic   War's Pact Comic EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 9:12 am

I didn't say that I had guild approval, but that was my initial plan (half the reason why I put this up here in the first place was to get thumbs up). I'm still going to do this comic, though perhaps slower that perviously planned. I highly doubt it's an abuse of power and I'm quite offended, as if it was, I'd keep the newsletter completely under my control, put whatever I like in it and distribute it myself. That's not what I'm doing. I like the idea of a comic being in the newsletter so a pat on the back to whoever's doing it.

But in all honesty, I was looking forward to reviews reading "make the start more action-based" or "add more detail to the base" or even "make the transport more canon". Not just a paragraph of dismisal which though I understand, is a bit unfair considering my enthusiasm. And if I was the "editor-in-chief" why have I not heard of the comic before, before starting on this one?
Back to top Go down

War's Pact Comic Empty
PostSubject: Re: War's Pact Comic   War's Pact Comic EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 10:05 am

Harlequin2 wrote:
I highly doubt it's an abuse of power and I'm quite offended, as if it was, I'd keep the newsletter completely under my control, put whatever I like in it and distribute it myself. That's not what I'm doing.
I'm sorry if I offended you, Harl. My "abuse of power" comment was meant in a joking context, hence the rasp emicon and laughing comment that followed. But if you've decided to take offense there's not much I can do about that.
As for saying you're not putting in the newsletter whatever you like, I took "It's a comic. The finished version will first be up for grabs in the newsletter..." as an indication that you had had an idea which you'd decided would be in the newsletter, not that this was something for us to discuss. My mistake.

Harlequin2 wrote:
I was looking forward to reviews reading "make the start more action-based" or "add more detail to the base" or even "make the transport more canon". Not just a paragraph of dismisal which though I understand, is a bit unfair considering my enthusiasm.
From the single page you've posted the expectation of such comments is a little premature, don't you think? And in light of this, calling my "All in all though I think it's brilliant to see you bulking out your character's background and it's cool you're having a go at a comic. I can't wait to see how it turns out!" comment a "paragraph of dismissal" deeply confuses me. I'd intended it as a supportive comment and can't see why you would react negatively to it?

Harlequin2 wrote:
And if I was the "editor-in-chief" why have I not heard of the comic before, before starting on this one?
Because the idea is still in it's infancy and was discussed before the idea of the newsletter came about. It’s possible inclusion in the newsletter is still being decided due to many “ifs and buts”. It isn’t common knowledge yet because the person who suggested it came privately to me in my role of Creative Director to see if it was viable and to ask for my help if it went into production. Sureshot is in the know because if it is to be distributed in official guild material, he would obviously have first say as to it’s wider content.

Again, I’m sorry if you became offended over my expressing my concerns. In the future I’ll try to find a way to be more gentle in voicing them.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

War's Pact Comic Empty
PostSubject: Re: War's Pact Comic   War's Pact Comic EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 10:26 am

I'm sorry too Red that I lashed out in such a way and thanks for explaining things. Also, thanks for the support in the "All in all though I think it's brilliant to see you bulking out your character's background and it's cool you're having a go at a comic. I can't wait to see how it turns out!". I guess I blanked it out in my moment of anger Embarassed And sorry to Sureshot who will probably also be offended by my comments above. Anyway, I will continue along with this - I have a decent storyboard set out for it and my creative juices won't let me put it down! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

War's Pact Comic Empty
PostSubject: Re: War's Pact Comic   War's Pact Comic EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 11:47 am

I think it's great that you're doing a comic H2 (does your creativity actually have any bounderies? Oh yeah, 'course not, you're not a jaded old cinic like me Very Happy)

Its a little early in the comic to give much critism of it, but would I would say is stuff like this is EXACTLY what the gallery section is for. Its a great place to put anything that does'nt need approval from anyone, yet gives everyone a great look-see at what you've done. (Hence, good placement of the comic, H2..)

You'll notice that all my 3d work (as much as I am proud of it) has gone in the Gallery forum and I've not really done anything 'guild specific' except for one mini-poster which was put there in a "do as you will with it" kinda way and has since been grabbed by the chief for alteration.

Even over at SWTOR.com I never put "This is a picture of X, it is a representation of one of the characters of "Agents Of The E.P.O.C.H." Thats simply because it isn't 'guild-sanctioned'
I put stuff like "This is a picture of X, he/she is a [race], [class] for the new game 'Star Wars: The Old Republic"

I can't stress enough (and this is for everyone, not picking on H2 here!....also including me in this) how important it is for all of this kinda stuff (if you do want to promote the guild using it) to go through the relevant channels and be seen and sanctioned by:

CREATIVE DIRECTOR: A.K.A Redwatch and
GUILD LEADER: A.K.A Sureshot

In exactly the same way as you'd check all RP through myself and Sureshot. (and yes, PJK and BH both did) It's part of their job and they really need to be included.

In summary:

Great idea H2, and I too look forward to seeing more Very Happy
and
Don't forget to clue in people who's job it is to oversee this stuff!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

War's Pact Comic Empty
PostSubject: Re: War's Pact Comic   War's Pact Comic EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 12:12 pm

Right! Thanks Lunar, I'll have to watch out in the future. I'd like to garner enough "reliability" to be able to be a leader of some field of the guild though I haven't gone into that for this very reason. I'll keep what you said in mind anyhow and no, my creativity does have boundaries, but you need to poke me in the right place to get the right stuff out! Very Happy

Say, what is better for scanning, a liquid gel pen or one of those fine point pens?
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

War's Pact Comic Empty
PostSubject: Re: War's Pact Comic   War's Pact Comic EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 4:25 pm

Harlequin2 wrote:

But in all honesty, I was looking forward to reviews reading "make the start more action-based" or "add more detail to the base" or even "make the transport more canon". Not just a paragraph of dismisal which though I understand, is a bit unfair considering my enthusiasm. And if I was the "editor-in-chief" why have I not heard of the comic before, before starting on this one?

You do have a very good point there Harly and really I should've spoken to you about it and for that I apologise. The reason I didn't mention anything is because the person in question wanted to keep it quiet for now in case it prooved to difficult to create. As I say it was a "in the works" project so nothing is actually being produced as we speak, although I could be wrong. At the end of the day though if the author doesn't want to speak about it then I shall keep his identity quiet for the meantime until we have something more solid to work with.

Harlequin2 wrote:

nd sorry to Sureshot who will probably also be offended by my comments above.

Hey no need to apologise dude, I should've given you a hint at least to what the plans were, but seeing as they're 50/50 at the minute I felt I realy didn't have enough information to offer. It's all very hush-hush! (Bloody secret agents!) Wink

Harlequin2 wrote:
Right! Thanks Lunar, I'll have to watch out in the future. I'd like to garner enough "reliability" to be able to be a leader of some field of the guild though I haven't gone into that for this very reason.

*COUGH*.......GTC Diplomat *COUGH* Razz

Hey dude you're doing loads for this this guild anyway and I'm keeping a mental note of it when it comes to officer elections! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Sponsored content

War's Pact Comic Empty
PostSubject: Re: War's Pact Comic   War's Pact Comic Empty

Back to top Go down

War's Pact Comic
Page 1 of 1