The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion Vote_b10Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion Vote_b11Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion Vote_b10Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion Vote_b11Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion Vote_b1065%Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion Vote_b106%Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion Vote_b1018%Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion Vote_b106%Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion Vote_b100%Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion

Go down 
+2
Harlequin2
Sureshot
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion   Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 4:09 pm

I dunno about anyone else but I was a bit dissapointed in this update. As soon as I saw it was about the voice overs I got really excited but upon reading it I felt a little bit let down. I was expecting some hard info on if we could choose our own characters voice at the customization screen, but then again I suppose its just about the "development" side. Ah well I'm sure that'll probably be the next update! :p

What were your thoughts?....
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion   Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 4:11 pm

Harlequin2 wrote:
That update was terrible! Though I'm proud and happy that they're going to far to make the game truely epic, it was information that we already knew! Alright, they fleshed it out a bit, but not nearly enough to make the update worthwhile. As RW said: "That is sooooo f***ing typical." (and I add) for Bioware to make a bad update.

I still hold by it. They might do something big next week, but then again, they might not... *shrug*
Back to top Go down
nosyd
Freelancer
Freelancer
nosyd

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2009-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion   Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 4:15 pm

I liked it. A video to go with it would have been nice with some voice samples.

I think we are lucky to get the updates we do to be honest. Bioware don't realy have to tell us anything if they don't want to. Though it wouldn't do them any good.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion   Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 4:18 pm

True, they don't have to give us anything but what happened to these bundled updates with screenshots etc...?
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion   Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 4:19 pm

Well its good to hear that the game will have a lot of voice acting in it.

Shame we don't know if its actually any good, relevant, or whether it has anything like accents due to races...etc, etc, etc.

This is pretty much an update that goes:

"We did some voice overs. What? what do you mean they're not buying that? What are you talking about, [insert BioWare employee name here]? of course they'll swallow this nonsense, its all they've got to go on till next friday when we tell them more rubbish about how great our game is while back-peddling fast enough to break the light barrier.

Say what?! they want more info? Jeeeeeeezus.. look, just tell them there was 'lots' of voice acting. Tell them we had lots of actors, they all worked really hard and...and... put some mock 'conversation' at the front to make them believe it really happened.

What? oh for f*** sake, [insert BioWare employee name here]! do I have to think of everything myself? I don't know - a...well...a conversation! Get you're kid to write it or something, they won't notice, they're sci-fi geeks!
"

*ahem*
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion   Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 4:22 pm

lmao! I think you've basically described every single Dev Blog to date! Ah well at least it wasn't about mud.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion   Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 4:23 pm

To be honest, it does sound a bit staged. And how can they remember the phone conversation word for word?
Back to top Go down
nosyd
Freelancer
Freelancer
nosyd

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2009-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion   Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 4:29 pm

I just think big developers these days are very cagey at what info they release to the public. We are a very unforgiving bunch of sci-fi gaming nerds. If they mention something that is in development and then it doesn't show in the real game, we have a field day and announce the world is ending.

They could still tell us the core stuff like races, plantets etc, but I think they will leave all that to nearer release.

Lunarwolf has probably got it spot on as to what happens. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion   Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 7:59 am

I've said it before and I'll say it again; If they don't want to give us a 'proper' update then they shouldn't bother shovelling this 'filler' c**p onto us. It's surely counter productive to release unsatisfactory updates that leave people feeling resentful than to come clean and say the development schedule hasn't allowed for un update that week, but please stay tuned. Like you guys have said, they don't owe us a weekly update. But passing this week's dross off as an update is a joke.

If they want to maintain interest (as these updates are obviously intended for) and towards release fuel hype but are struggling to come up with decent non-critical (or tagged for a late release) reveals then they should switch to a fortnightly 'proper' update with crappy filler dev blogs like this in-between. It would be more honest of them and piss off a lot less people I think.
Back to top Go down
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

Number of posts : 1761
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion   Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 8:47 am

Next week the will only be comic and in two week ComicCon and this month major update
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion   Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 3:05 am

Personally I'm beginning to think they just tried to hook us with all these great update further back and now there feeding us crap knowing that we'll stay because "next week its gotta be good" :/

The only thing that comes out of this this one is that Sean said that this will lead onto another update that we'll enjoy, so I'm guessing we might actuall see some gameplay footage with voice acting maybe the demo, or some competition to take part in the voice acting session argh!!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion   Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Dev Blog Voice Over Discussion
Page 1 of 1