The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Guild Job's Allocation EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Guild Job's Allocation EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Guild Job's Allocation EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Guild Job's Allocation EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Guild Job's Allocation EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Guild Job's Allocation EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Guild Job's Allocation EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Guild Job's Allocation EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Guild Job's Allocation EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Guild Job's Allocation Vote_b10Guild Job's Allocation Vote_b11Guild Job's Allocation Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Guild Job's Allocation Vote_b10Guild Job's Allocation Vote_b11Guild Job's Allocation Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Guild Job's Allocation Vote_b1065%Guild Job's Allocation Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Guild Job's Allocation Vote_b106%Guild Job's Allocation Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Guild Job's Allocation Vote_b1018%Guild Job's Allocation Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Guild Job's Allocation Vote_b100%Guild Job's Allocation Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Guild Job's Allocation

Go down 
+2
PrioryJK
Sureshot
6 posters

Should Guild jobs be allocated to members by one or both of the Department heads?
Yes (please explain why below)
Guild Job's Allocation Vote_b1040%Guild Job's Allocation Vote_b12
 40% [ 4 ]
No (please explain why below)
Guild Job's Allocation Vote_b1060%Guild Job's Allocation Vote_b12
 60% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Guild Job's Allocation Empty
PostSubject: Guild Job's Allocation   Guild Job's Allocation EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 8:16 am

After an in depth discussion last night with Lunarwolf we've both come to decision that things around here are getting pretty hectic and we need a change. I literally spend hours on here trying to catch up with peoples PM's, allied work, roleplay, recruitment, the newsletter, the wiki....the list goes on! So aside from the fact that Lunarwolf has kindly offered to take PM's from people if they need help I think it would be fair to start sharing out some more responsibilty around the guild.

My suggestion (and it is just that for the meantime) is that either myself or Lunarwolf start allocating jobs to members. Obviously some of you are up to your eyeballs with guild projects anyway (Red and Harly especially) but for those that feel they would like all members to share the workload equally, now is the time to say so. Personally I think this will help make decisions about who should be put forward as officers and more importantly we'd get a lot more done.

If you like the idea or dislike the idea of allocating jobs then please answer the poll at the top of this thread and please remember to leave comment on your thoughts below after so we can weigh up the pros and cons.

Last edited by Sureshot on Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Guild Job's Allocation   Guild Job's Allocation EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 8:36 am

I voted No, mainly because I think it'll create more problems then it'll solve, if you start delegating jobs to people they may not have the time, or they may not be able to do a good job in a particular area, there might be a bit of resentment to been given a specific task and you may end up with nothing being done in the end Neutral

That said members should take more of a role if things are getting out of hand, maybe do a thread with jobs that are required and ask for Volenteers, it worked with the ambassoders very well Smile (did it I'm guessing here...it seemed too work....Shocked)
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Guild Job's Allocation   Guild Job's Allocation EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 8:44 am

Thats not a bad plan mate actually. The only problem that I can see with it is that I'll put up a post asking for volunteers and nobody will respond! Laughing

As for my original plan then of course we'd make sure that the person is question was happy with the work they do for the guild and they will be chosen for who best suits the job. Personally I'm not a huge fan of recruitment but someone else might find that job more satisfying.

I do however need some of this workload taken off some of the other members (and my) shoulders. It's been going at a million miles and hour lately and I just don't have the time to participate in some of things that I enjoy anymore, like roleplay for example.

Good suggestion though mate and maybe if the volunteer plan doesn't work then we should consider another method.
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: Guild Job's Allocation   Guild Job's Allocation EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 9:15 am

I have an idea, if you offer promotions to Special Agent roles, like Recruitment agent etc you'll get a lot more volenteers Wink

"Who wants a Job"
"nah thanks"

"Who wants a promotion?"
"OMFG Sureshot give it to me and we'll be BFF!!"

of course they have a few duties to preform as well Wink
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Guild Job's Allocation   Guild Job's Allocation EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 9:18 am

Well only problem with that is that I have to see that someone is worthy of a promotion first and I think that its important that other member get to voice their opinion on who should be voted in, based on their contribution. If I automatically make someone a Special Agent and then they don't do anything then I'll have to start demoting people and that often leads to internal guild problems and people getting cold feet and leaving.
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: Guild Job's Allocation   Guild Job's Allocation EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 9:22 am

........BFF......? Crying or Very sad

Yeah sounds problamatic, was half kidding anyways Razz
Back to top Go down
Tando
Special Agent
Special Agent
Tando

Number of posts : 1068
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Guild Job's Allocation   Guild Job's Allocation EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 9:43 am

I'm torn on this, first if you start allocating jobs you need to be prepared for ppl to moan about the job you gave them (I'm not saying anyone here moans BTW!)

Secondly if you ask for volenteers the less desirable jobs won't get takers.

But I'm heading more to the Volenteer list.
Back to top Go down
http://www.evil-wizards.org/swtor-wiki/index.php/Tando_Alums

PostSubject: Re: Guild Job's Allocation   Guild Job's Allocation EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 9:50 am

I said ‘no’ to job allocations. It’s my view that if people aren’t volunteering to help then they’ve decided they want to take a back seat in the guild’s running. Approaching people and asking them to take on jobs/roles that are known to them but for which they haven’t offered to help with is pretty bad form in my book. I sympathise with the bind Sureshot and Lunarwolf are in but the ratio of ‘casual’ to ‘pro-active’ members we have puts a knock-on effect on how much we as a guild get done. Perhaps recruitment should take first priority? If you like I can go back to being a temp Recruitment Officer, though it means the other stuff you know I’m doing will take a while longer. Some new blood looking for a busy guild might do the trick!

I would suggest (like most people so far seem to prefer) that for the meantime, before we start press-ganging members into contributing above the amount they’re freely offering, we put up a notice board where everything Sureshot and Lunarwolf would like to delegate is listed. Perhaps having a single place where we can see what’s in development and the progress the guild is making will encourage people to want to take part. Maybe it’s a case of folks not realising, or loosing track of what needs being done?

Edit: Looks like between me reading this post, writing a reply and cooking my tea a 'To Do' list has been put up! lol I's is on the slow side today... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Guild Job's Allocation   Guild Job's Allocation EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 10:13 am

I agree that recruitment should be first priority in the guild but the biggest problem with that is that everytime I asked people to update recruitment threads they never did, and even when they did a few times my instructions were ignored to not say "it's a bump". Also as you know mate the "Looking For A Guild" thread has been less than exciting of late and the lack of potential recruits that are decent is growing thinner by the day. Sad

Agreed though some newcomers would be a nice addition.

Redwatch wrote:
I would suggest (like most people so far seem to prefer) that for the meantime, before we start press-ganging members into contributing above the amount they’re freely offering, we put up a notice board where everything Sureshot and Lunarwolf would like to delegate is listed. Perhaps having a single place where we can see what’s in development and the progress the guild is making will encourage people to want to take part. Maybe it’s a case of folks not realising, or loosing track of what needs being done?

Great idea, and I think thats what I'm going to do. I created a to-do list and what projects people are working on earlier so I know who I can go to for help, but I think adding another thread to the help section might be handy. Maybe if each member starts a help thread then we'll start getting the help we need. I just hope that people actually volunteer and make use of it.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Guild Job's Allocation   Guild Job's Allocation EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 12:04 pm

I voted 'no'. I really should put 'yes' and that would get so much load off my shoulders, but in all honesty, we shouldn't pressure people unless they want to take on the responsibility. If people don't want it, they probably won't do as good a job and there lies the problem. However, maybe add an extra rank above special agents for the real officers and special agents will then therefore be for those who've shown more dedication and take on a higher responsibiltiy. Instead, maybe this should be in the form of a title or sig. If you do jobs, you get a sig which notes your work. Initiatives do work and I admit, being as we are does just slow us down but we have to think of the alternatives as we are...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guild Job's Allocation   Guild Job's Allocation EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 12:28 pm

Sureshot wrote:
Redwatch wrote:

If this isn't set in stone, might I suggest the following for considderation:

0 pips = Registered (they must work for their first pip!)
1 pip = Guild Recruit
2 pips = Guild Member
3 pips = Guild Member (extra pip given out for outstanding contribution)
4 pips = Guild Officer (with “First Officer” as rank name + admin rights for the one chosen as such)
5 pips = Guild Leader

I’m sure we’ll have people coming and going over time and the three pips member thing acknowledges longer-term members before they hit the glass ceiling of Guild Officer. And not giving that rank a special name above “member” should avoid two pip members getting too jealous.

Same goes for the “officer” pips/name rank – “First Officer” isn’t too far above the other officers but everyone knows that’s where the final say lies when the Guild Leader is away.

I can add on another little TD and expand the backgrounds of the originals to go up to six, but that to me means most members never passing the "half-way" mark.

Just my thoughts. I think we all recognise this is Sureshots baby and support his right to structue his guild however he likes! alien

Cheers. Yeah you have some good ideas there. The only thing I'm not keen on is the 3 pip 'oustanding contribution' rank. I and I'm sure other people would be fine with it, but there will always be some that would feel I'd be showing favourtism. Plus the pips main purpose is to signify rank and if I have members with an extra pip compared to other members, it defeats the object. You'll also no doubt get members that believe they are a higher rank because they have that extra pip, which obviously wouldn't be the case. The rank of First Officer though would be a rank above officer and that in itself shows outstanding contribution. In would in fact be a sub-leader position. Also, I'm fine with registered getting 1 pip but they have to fill out an application form to get it. One of the registered ranks may change to 'New Applicant' soon because I actually have two 'Registered' titles. The first registered title is a default one that everyone gets and isn't a rank at all so I can't change that. If I add in a 1 pip rank called 'New Applicants' then the person will have to fill in an application form. That to me signifies the first step. Smile
Subject: Re: The Mysterious Fourth Rank... Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:01 pm

The above is along the same lines as what you’re talking about Harl, and may answer your questions (if the Boss still feels the same way after all this time! Lol).
But I agree that there should likely be some form of rewards system in place and I think there’s already an idea floating about in relation to that…
Back to top Go down
nosyd
Freelancer
Freelancer
nosyd

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2009-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Guild Job's Allocation   Guild Job's Allocation EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 1:51 pm

I voted for yes, but purely for my own reason. I'd be happy to help out in any way I can. If the higher ups think or feel I may be good for a certain job or role or other situation they think I could help out with.

But I'm not really hungry for a grand title or a higher rank. If that happens in time and you guys think me worthy, then great, but my main aim here in this guild is to have fun with all you guys, and not to climb in guild rank. I've been there in the past and do know how hard it can be and do understand the difficulties. I think there are a main core of members here that do a fantastic job. Some of the commitment and dedication you all have is a credit to this guild, it really is. There is so much enthusiasm here and the game isn't even out yet. Sometimes I feel this game that's going to be is just a small part of this guild.

I hope that came across right. I'm not to good at getting down on paper how I feel in my head.

Last edited by Nosyd on Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Guild Job's Allocation   Guild Job's Allocation EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 2:18 pm

Actually, that filled me with great pride as I'm sure it did for others. You're right though, the game is just a small part of us, the largest part is our spirt and friendly community. It sounds weird, but though the game brought us together, it doesn't define who we are and that's friendly people looking to have fun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guild Job's Allocation   Guild Job's Allocation EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 5:35 pm

Guild Job's Allocation Happy-smiley-8818 Awwww... You big softies! Bless.

I think that calls for a group hug! Guild Job's Allocation Obscene-smiley-7207 lol!
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Guild Job's Allocation   Guild Job's Allocation EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 6:33 pm

Righty-o first off I haven't changed my mind about the ranks and thats my final decision. If I change it all about now then it'll send all the structure & heirarchy out of whack when I personally believe that the system we have so far is spot on. Nothing gripes me more than to see guilds with loads and loads of ranks that don't actually mean or show anything but a guild leaders desperation to keep members!! I'm strong in my belief that if a guild is good enough members will stay no matter what. Anyway with the new system thats all a bit hush hush I think we can finally lay the "extra pip" to rest as you say Red. Razz

If you've put a lot of effort in then you will be rewarded and I think other members realise that and remember it when it comes to the officer voting. Some of the reasons I was given as to why they picked the candidate of their choosing were all very valid and in some cases in depth reasons as to why they'd like to see them become an officer. So yeah from what I've seen the more effort you put in, the better chance you have of rocketing through those ranks!

Nosyd wrote:
I voted for yes, but purely for my own reason. I'd be happy to help out in any way I can. If the higher ups think or feel I may be good for a certain job or role or other situation they think I could help out with.

But I'm not really hungry for a grand title or a higher rank. If that happens in time and you guys think me worthy, then great, but my main aim here in this guild is to have fun with all you guys, and not to climb in guild rank. I've been there in the past and do know how hard it can be and do understand the difficulties. I think there are a main core of members here that do a fantastic job. Some of the commitment and dedication you all have is a credit to this guild, it really is. There is so much enthusiasm here and the game isn't even out yet. Sometimes I feel this game that's going to be is just a small part of this guild.

I hope that came across right. I'm not to good at getting down on paper how I feel in my head.

Speaking of ranks, I can see someone gaining one soon! Wink
Back to top Go down
Dugo
Agent
Agent
Dugo

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Guild Job's Allocation   Guild Job's Allocation EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 2:44 am

I voted no because I think it would do no good to give someone job that he or she isn't good at, or it doesn't interest him/her that much. I am sure that If some list of works available would be made, we could find volunteers and personally I will help out with something that I'm at least a little good at, to avoid some mistakes or frustration from work you would be assigned to do, but lack needed skills for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guild Job's Allocation   Guild Job's Allocation Empty

Back to top Go down

Guild Job's Allocation
Page 1 of 1