The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
News from The Galactic Trade Commission EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
News from The Galactic Trade Commission EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
News from The Galactic Trade Commission EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
News from The Galactic Trade Commission EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
News from The Galactic Trade Commission EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
News from The Galactic Trade Commission EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
News from The Galactic Trade Commission EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
News from The Galactic Trade Commission EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
News from The Galactic Trade Commission EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
News from The Galactic Trade Commission Vote_b10News from The Galactic Trade Commission Vote_b11News from The Galactic Trade Commission Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
News from The Galactic Trade Commission Vote_b10News from The Galactic Trade Commission Vote_b11News from The Galactic Trade Commission Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
News from The Galactic Trade Commission Vote_b1065%News from The Galactic Trade Commission Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
News from The Galactic Trade Commission Vote_b106%News from The Galactic Trade Commission Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
News from The Galactic Trade Commission Vote_b1018%News from The Galactic Trade Commission Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
News from The Galactic Trade Commission Vote_b106%News from The Galactic Trade Commission Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
News from The Galactic Trade Commission Vote_b100%News from The Galactic Trade Commission Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

News from The Galactic Trade Commission

Go down 
+4
nosyd
Sureshot
0wl
Harlequin2
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Do you want E.P.O.C.H to be part of a "Senate" Council?
Yes
News from The Galactic Trade Commission Vote_b109%News from The Galactic Trade Commission Vote_b12
 9% [ 1 ]
No
News from The Galactic Trade Commission Vote_b1027%News from The Galactic Trade Commission Vote_b12
 27% [ 3 ]
Not sure
News from The Galactic Trade Commission Vote_b1064%News from The Galactic Trade Commission Vote_b12
 64% [ 7 ]
Please elaborate
News from The Galactic Trade Commission Vote_b100%News from The Galactic Trade Commission Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

News from The Galactic Trade Commission Empty
PostSubject: News from The Galactic Trade Commission   News from The Galactic Trade Commission EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 10:57 am

Right, this thread is dedicated to informing the members of the E.P.O.C.H about the latest doings inside the GTC. Important matters will be passed through Sureshot first, though it is my duty to inform you about everything that crawls around inside the guild.

June 30th 09
1) Raistlin (Red Vigo) has had an idea on that the most flourishing guilds at this current stage at time (and perhaps later on), be formed into syndicate of sorts from which large scale roleplaying events and other miscellanious ones be organised from a council-type ground. E.P.O.C.H is the first guild to have been offered a seat in this council (even before Torgal himself). This could open up amazing trade and roleplay oppurtunities for many guilds if it succeeds.

2) The idea has been put through to Torgal to ban Salazar from the GTC forum. He has been online recently though has not caused any annoyance on the forum. To recap, he is a young person who has immaturely caused trouble for both E.P.O.C.H and the GTC. The appeal has been dismissed however, as he is not causing any trouble in this space of time.

3) Typho Raame is our diplomat, confirmed by Raistlin.

July 10th 09
1) I have brought the idea up to start a cross-guild roleplay amongst our two guilds. It is to introduce our two guilds to each other better, along with our characters and members. I am looking to create it on the EPOCH forum to stimulate GTC activity on our forum. Details will be posted when recieved.

2) Poll results concerning point 1 on July the 30th are in and the poll is closed. The results are as follows:
Do you want EPOCH to become a member of the "Senate"?
Yes: 1
No: 3
Not Sure: 7
Please Elaborate: 0

July 18th 09
1) Due to a racist and rude comment by DarkApocalypse, GTC is on suspension from the alliance with the E.P.O.C.H. Members of the EPOCH felt that the comment was hurtful to them and their guild as well as projecting a bad image on the GTC.
The quote was as follows:
Quote :
And quite truthfully... you guys are little too uptight for me(no offense, I guess that just comes with being a European guild)
Torgal replied, saying that the other two ambassadors would be given tighter leashes, though he has not released anything saying that DarkApocalypse will be warned or punished.

July 25th 09
1) The Alliance among the GTC has been partially restored. However, it is agreed that contact will be refrained from DarkApocalypse and his group, the Gold Group. Many members of the group are upset by this decision, though no real action has been taken and so things will remain this way until further notice.

Last edited by Harlequin2 on Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:07 am; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: News from The Galactic Trade Commission   News from The Galactic Trade Commission EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 10:58 am

-saved space for further updates-
Back to top Go down
0wl
Registered
Registered
0wl

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2009-05-15

PostSubject: Re: News from The Galactic Trade Commission   News from The Galactic Trade Commission EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 11:31 am

This council sounds amazing, and the fact that it opens up wonderful opportunities for trading amongst the respective organisations sitting on said council!

Well done... drunken
Back to top Go down
http://owl68.hyves.nl
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: News from The Galactic Trade Commission   News from The Galactic Trade Commission EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 11:32 am

Thanks 0wl! I have yet to get SS's opinion on the matter, though be assured, I will update as soon as possible. It looks like we're going to have another vote out, so stay tuned!
Back to top Go down
0wl
Registered
Registered
0wl

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2009-05-15

PostSubject: Re: News from The Galactic Trade Commission   News from The Galactic Trade Commission EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 11:35 am

I have no doubt in my mind that you will not perform above and beyond the call 'o duty ambassador! *Bows slightly*

And if ever you need someone "persuaded" feel free to contact me anytime! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://owl68.hyves.nl
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: News from The Galactic Trade Commission   News from The Galactic Trade Commission EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 11:51 am

Bloody hell Harly you're taking to this like a duck to water! I expected news but not this fast. Carry on like this and I may allow Skursir to eat the remaining Jawas I have locked up in HQ dungeon! Laughing

This is an interesting proposition indeed. Before I make my comments though I'd like to ask a question for you to pass over for us.

I wanted to know if this a european only RP commitee or not? The reason being I know that the GTC are spread out all over the world and if their intentions are for all the europeans to get together and start this then of course I'm interested! Secondly, I was wondering on how he plans on doing this? Will there a seperate website where the leaders/officers/ambassadors discuss these matters, ya know like a neutral ground? Or are we just to send ambassadors to other guilds sites and let them work on the details whilst reporting back to us?

Oh and off the record as I don't really want the GTC too aware of this but we are actually part of a trio already with the HofD and the Praxeum, and I'm pretty sure they don't want to really grow any larger than just us 3 guilds. However, as this is on a much larger scale I really can't see the harm. In fact I embrace it as it's a pretty damn good idea. Certainly not one that I expected from Raistlin lets just say that!

Yeah if you could ask any of the questions that I previously asked for me I'd be grateful. I think I'm just one of those people that like to see it in action so I know its not just a flash in the pan!

Yeah so where I stand is "yes I'm interested but I'd like to hear more details".
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: News from The Galactic Trade Commission   News from The Galactic Trade Commission EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 12:17 pm

Torgal released the statement:

"Truth is that this was Raistlin's ideas and I'm not exactly sure how this could be created since we don't yet know the time zone of our server when you do. I guess we could think of it a to find a way... or just fail the "plan". I believe Raistlin might have a saying on that since it's his idea!

As for the where and how, a small Forum with few Categories where only Leaders would meet, is, I think, the best option!"
Back to top Go down
nosyd
Freelancer
Freelancer
nosyd

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2009-06-06

PostSubject: Re: News from The Galactic Trade Commission   News from The Galactic Trade Commission EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 12:22 pm

Great report Harlequin!

I don't know but I'm always a little wary of big roleplay type councils. I know they are full of good intentions and the like, but I've always seen big fallouts and trouble surrounding around them. You get the ones critising the councils, saying that they are trying to control roleplay on servers, and things like that. I just think that sometimes they can end up more trouble than they are worth.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: News from The Galactic Trade Commission   News from The Galactic Trade Commission EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 12:26 pm

Wise words there from Mr. Torgal! Very Happy

Just I thought really. It's one of those things where we just don't have much information (thanks BioWare....not!) and it's s shame because I'd like to see this up and running ASAP! Sounds like a lot of fun and a great way to meet new clients. Wink

Still I suppose this time could be used for preparing the forums for when the servers get announced.

If you could just say thank you and to stay in touch about the arrangement I'd be most grateful, that should be fine Harly.

Thanks again for letting me know anyway.

*Passes 1000 credits under the table and fades off into the night*

Wink
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: News from The Galactic Trade Commission   News from The Galactic Trade Commission EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 12:31 pm

*looks at the credits* "Dammit, he cheated me out of 200!"

There is another update, for Raistlin this time:

"This will be an organization where the most reliable and powerfull crime or underground guilds will be gathered to talk about our plans, our ways of playing and exchange ideas between our guilds. It's like a place for crime lords to gather together and discuss about their problems or even asking for help and informations.

Though this site wont be only for one server. it will be for the whole underground world of SWTOR.

There will be different sections that the crime guilds of every server can discuss.
There will be of course a limitation to the members that represend each guild.
this limitations is 3 members. One of these members will be the leader.
Furthermore this organization will be an unofficial source of information cuz we know that in every guild some "rats" will try to sneak in.

So in this site the 3 most reliable members will discuss about their problems,ideas or make an offer
to a guild or a team of guilds."

It's an interesting read. I'll keep you all posted.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: News from The Galactic Trade Commission   News from The Galactic Trade Commission EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 12:45 pm

I have to admit my eyes have gone a bit credit shaped. I know we're not 'officially' a crime guild but all I can think of is the amout of jobs we'd get that way! Ya know like a "get 'em whilst they're down on their luck" type of philosophy?! Razz
(Obviously don't send them that last bit! Haha!)

Yeah I'm interested and be sure to ask them to keep in contact about whats happening on the syndicate front. It should would be nice to be more of "our kind", as long as we don't turn into free masons and we don't have to do funny secret handshakes in the middle of the streets! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: News from The Galactic Trade Commission   News from The Galactic Trade Commission EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 1:04 pm

Oh forgot to ask....Harly can you ask and see if they got our newsletter ok please? Oh and let them know that the new email address I provided in the newsletter was incorrect.

Thanks!

*slips another 200 credits*
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: News from The Galactic Trade Commission   News from The Galactic Trade Commission EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 1:21 pm

*Thanks for the credits! Smile *

Torgal released the quote:
"As i see it, the Senate is about to go public!"

I have informed them of the change in domain name, though only Davan recieved the newsletter. I will keep you all updated, primarily on the syndicate in the near future...

Last edited by Harlequin2 on Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: News from The Galactic Trade Commission   News from The Galactic Trade Commission EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 6:34 am

This sounds pretty cool. Though having a inter-time zone mega syndicate is way over the top and pretty useless as far as I can see, I can see why the GTC would initiate such a plan due to their current state. We can always ignore the larger picture to a greater extent and concentrate on the EU only sub-syndicate once/if it's up and running.

The 3 representative deal is nice. I can see it being SS (Guild Leader/Empire faction Head), LW (First Officer/Republic faction Head) and of course Harl (appointed diplomat). Which works out well!
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: News from The Galactic Trade Commission   News from The Galactic Trade Commission EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 8:34 am

Fixed the quote above.

Although I'd like to be on the team, it may not work out that way. This will be a syndicate of many guilds, not just the GTC and there will probably be competition for the role to go along with SS and Lunarwolf.

But why wouldn't this work out? It may very well do and as I said, the trade and roleplay opportunities are great. I don't think it will plan to control a server, more like create player-made events for it, and people can participate I suppose. Perhaps a travelling market (trade opportunity) that comes to Nal Hutta and is ambushed by criminals? You could then be paid by the organisers to battle, or just for fun...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: News from The Galactic Trade Commission   News from The Galactic Trade Commission EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 8:47 am

I'm not saying it won't work out. I just think that trying to tie together a global RP conglomerate for the game is a bit of a stretch. Because I can't see TOR allowing trading across different servers (aka game-worlds) for many reasons, I can't really see the point is all. I suspect the GTC is saying global right now because they haven't picked a server time zone yet. And I doubt that may guilds will be much bothered investing time and effort into extra-game relation with no possible in-game benefit. I'm not saying it's a duff idea, I'm just more of a 'think global, act local' type. Which is why I think the spin-off time zone (aka server) syndicates will be more fruitful.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: News from The Galactic Trade Commission   News from The Galactic Trade Commission EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 8:48 am

This is all interesting stuff H2 and as SS has said before, you're really taking to this! I just wanted to leave a comment here to let you know I'm merrily following your progress, just that I currently have nothing to add that hasnt been said already.

Keep up the great work ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: News from The Galactic Trade Commission   News from The Galactic Trade Commission EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 9:25 am

Thanks Lunar, I do have a small update which really should have been put up yesterday:

Typho Raame is the GTC diplomat for us. Actually, he appears to the only diplomat, though Raistlin says that they do have more - they're just "away" Smile

Oh, and Salazar won't be banned as he is not causing any trouble, at least not for now...
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: News from The Galactic Trade Commission   News from The Galactic Trade Commission EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 8:38 am

I voted "not sure" as I although I like the idea I do share some of Red's concerns. Without trying to sound bitchy (hopefully) the GTC tend to have a lot of these 'flash in the pan' ideas that never really to amount to anything. I'm not being nasty as I think they're probably the nicest and best ally with have, I'm just going from my own experiences as being part of the guild. It is a MASSIVE undertaking as Red has already mentioned and with nobody knowing what servers they'll be on it makes things so much more difficult.

It's a nice idea and one that I actually fully endorse but I'm not holding my breath for anything to actually be done about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: News from The Galactic Trade Commission   News from The Galactic Trade Commission EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 9:08 am

I'm also "not sure" (for reasons stated above). In case case you couldn't guess! lol
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: News from The Galactic Trade Commission   News from The Galactic Trade Commission EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 9:12 am

I was going to go "not sure" aswell, but wanted to see what other people said. It does actually sound like a very big idea that most probably won't be fulfilled to what it was envisioned to be like. However, the GTC is asking other guilds (Praxeum last I heard) so they are on the move, but still - hmmm...
Back to top Go down
Tando
Special Agent
Special Agent
Tando

Number of posts : 1068
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: News from The Galactic Trade Commission   News from The Galactic Trade Commission EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 9:19 am

Yeah I'm not too sure about joining the council as I don't think we should tie ourselfs down, being proberly the smallest Guild in GTC it could end up taking alot of our time up. Also being on the council might restrict us once the game launches in finding better Clients.
Back to top Go down
http://www.evil-wizards.org/swtor-wiki/index.php/Tando_Alums
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: News from The Galactic Trade Commission   News from The Galactic Trade Commission EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 11:39 am

Thinking about it if there was an option that said "Maybe" I think I'd choose that.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

PostSubject: Re: News from The Galactic Trade Commission   News from The Galactic Trade Commission EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 12:02 pm

I'd count a 'Maybe' as a 'Not sure' for the purposes of this poll...
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: News from The Galactic Trade Commission   News from The Galactic Trade Commission EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 12:05 pm

Aye fairy muff, makes sense. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News from The Galactic Trade Commission   News from The Galactic Trade Commission Empty

Back to top Go down

News from The Galactic Trade Commission
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next