The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Republic Vs. Sith EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Republic Vs. Sith EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Republic Vs. Sith EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Republic Vs. Sith EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Republic Vs. Sith EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Republic Vs. Sith EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Republic Vs. Sith EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Republic Vs. Sith EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Republic Vs. Sith EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Republic Vs. Sith Vote_b10Republic Vs. Sith Vote_b11Republic Vs. Sith Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Republic Vs. Sith Vote_b1065%Republic Vs. Sith Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Republic Vs. Sith Vote_b106%Republic Vs. Sith Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Republic Vs. Sith Vote_b1018%Republic Vs. Sith Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Republic Vs. Sith Vote_b100%Republic Vs. Sith Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Republic Vs. Sith

Go down 
+4
Harlequin2
Commander Nord
Lunarwolf
Sureshot
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Republic Vs. Sith Empty
PostSubject: Republic Vs. Sith   Republic Vs. Sith EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 3:57 am

Now before I say anything, please don't get it in your head that I'm saying there won't be 2 departments! I just started this topic to get your thoughts on the classes that have been announced thus far.

Comparing the look and style of both Republic (Jedi, Smuggler, Trooper) and Sith classes (Sith, Bounty Hunter) I can't help but think that the Republic look a bit well... boring. Before you hit me over the head with a wet fish, I would like to say that I do like the Republic classes, my problem is that they don't look like much fun. The game trailer I know was giving Sith all the love, but when I look at Trooper next to Bounty Hunter and Jedi next to Sith I can'y help but feel that I'm personally only going to want to play on one side of the fence. Fingers cross Smuggler will be interesting, but really I'm waiting to see what they pull out of the hat with the final mystery class.

I didn't start this thread to flame, so please don't turn this into a fire-fight (wait til we're in game Wink) but after reading a few of your posts I'm getting the impression that some of you feel the same way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org

Republic Vs. Sith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Republic Vs. Sith   Republic Vs. Sith EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 4:46 am

I planned on playing as an evil character before any classes were announced but if its looking like the Empire are going to be horrendously over populated I will most likley make a Republic char my primary.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Republic Vs. Sith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Republic Vs. Sith   Republic Vs. Sith EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 4:59 am

Last time I checked there were actually more players on the Republic side, but not by much. There's a poll on it somewhere. There are definitely more guilds on the Republic side, I'm pretty sure on that at least. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Republic Vs. Sith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Republic Vs. Sith   Republic Vs. Sith EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 5:25 am

Personally I think the smuggler class sounds way more exciting than any thus far; but then I'm looking at things purely from an RP aspect.

I liked what they did with Bounty Hunter and Trooper, but I LOVED what they did with smuggler. Personally, I couldn't give a flying bantha doo about combat, raiding and pvp when I put them against RP (but then, you lot who've been on lotro with me might have noticed that's my precident) and in that area so far the smuggler wins out, at least for me.

I fully understand and appreciate that the Sith look far more enticing (hey, its the lure of the dark side, right? pirat ) and because of that I'm also gonna play my hand at Sith; one character of each to be exact.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks

Republic Vs. Sith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Republic Vs. Sith   Republic Vs. Sith EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 5:52 am

Sureshot wrote:
Last time I checked there were actually more players on the Republic side, but not by much. There's a poll on it somewhere. There are definitely more guilds on the Republic side, I'm pretty sure on that at least. Smile
Thats what I thought but I guess we wont really know until the game is out.
Back to top Go down

Republic Vs. Sith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Republic Vs. Sith   Republic Vs. Sith EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 6:32 am

If you look back over the various threads on this topic you’ll get the impression that I’m all over the place with regards to what faction focus I’ve thought our guild should have. I’m a bit of an RP nut and look forward to playing through both factions’ storylines but if we’re talking about a purely intellectual preference, I’m Republic all the way.

It’s probably because I’m a very character driven player and have always loved getting deep into the personality and motivations of my character, their world view and hang-ups. And over the years I’ve come a full circle and decided I’m sick of the dark and conflicted antihero (though I’m revisiting my teenage ‘unhinged but sexy’ fantasy with Lilin). The ‘evil and loving it’ personas I left behind a long time ago and I’m back in love with the comfortable with who he/she is ‘do what’s right’ type (with a healthy dose of self-service so long as it doesn’t cost anyone else too much).

So although the ‘good guy, bad place’ Empire character is still possible, siding with the Republic fits me better.
Back to top Go down

Republic Vs. Sith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Republic Vs. Sith   Republic Vs. Sith EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 6:41 am

Not a part of this guild myself i must say i'm undecided. Both sides of the fence haven't shown a character i would actually like to play yet... But i always supported blasters for hire- republic side.

Still i myself like RW will probably try out both factions and all characters just for the story Smile

Not sure though which side will have more cliché and lame characters.
Back to top Go down
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

Number of posts : 1761
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Republic Vs. Sith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Republic Vs. Sith   Republic Vs. Sith EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 11:18 am

My main will be member of the Republic
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Republic Vs. Sith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Republic Vs. Sith   Republic Vs. Sith EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 1:51 pm

Hmmm... I think it would only sound boring to some people. The Republic classes could really attract people though i.e. Lunar. Bio states that many people actually love the trooper (as do I), many more than expected, so it doesn't look like the Sith have the upper hand - yet...
Back to top Go down

Republic Vs. Sith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Republic Vs. Sith   Republic Vs. Sith EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 2:26 pm

The Trooper getting its own squad will attract a lot of people.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Republic Vs. Sith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Republic Vs. Sith   Republic Vs. Sith EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 2:11 am

My squad's going rogue Wink
Back to top Go down
zoran
Registered
Registered
zoran

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2009-05-10

Republic Vs. Sith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Republic Vs. Sith   Republic Vs. Sith EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 10:39 am

I seem to be agreeing with you sureshot, Ive always said even though i want a main of both sides i would have a republic smuggler as my main main, but I'm just not very excited by the look of the smuggler class tbh, but then again when they bring out more info about the smuggler class my mind may change.
Back to top Go down
nosyd
Freelancer
Freelancer
nosyd

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2009-06-06

Republic Vs. Sith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Republic Vs. Sith   Republic Vs. Sith EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 3:03 am

I was going Bounty Hunter until the Smuggler was revealed. Up until then the Sith side of things looked far more exciting than the Republic. Smuggler has changed all that for me. It just suits me so much. The look of the muggler and the style and possible roleplay I can do with the smuggler makes me so excited to play one. When I play a game like this, the look and style of my character along with the possible roleplay I can get out of him/her is more important than anything else.
Back to top Go down
Dugo
Agent
Agent
Dugo

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2009-05-10

Republic Vs. Sith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Republic Vs. Sith   Republic Vs. Sith EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 5:02 am

Good fellas were always boring compared to bad guys is SW universe. Compare Darth Maul with Obi-wan, Vader with Luke. But I don't want to look "cool" in this game, I don't find fancy armours and long dark robes more appealing than leather jacket of a smuggler or armour of a trooper. I always enjoyed playing characters that were neutral,yet more good than evil. Empire classes may look more fancy, but that's not what I'm looking for in this game Smile
Back to top Go down
Godjera
Registered
Registered
Godjera

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Republic Vs. Sith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Republic Vs. Sith   Republic Vs. Sith EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 9:53 am

They do this in every game to make sure that everyone doesn't pick the good guys to make their favourite hero. The only problem with their plan is that the good side always end up boring. I can guarentee you there will be far more Sith players.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Republic Vs. Sith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Republic Vs. Sith   Republic Vs. Sith Empty

Back to top Go down

Republic Vs. Sith
Page 1 of 1