The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Swords For Hire EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Swords For Hire EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Swords For Hire EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Swords For Hire EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Swords For Hire EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Swords For Hire EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Swords For Hire EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Swords For Hire EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Swords For Hire EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Swords For Hire Vote_b10Swords For Hire Vote_b11Swords For Hire Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Swords For Hire Vote_b1065%Swords For Hire Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Swords For Hire Vote_b106%Swords For Hire Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Swords For Hire Vote_b1018%Swords For Hire Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Swords For Hire Vote_b100%Swords For Hire Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Swords For Hire

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tando
Special Agent
Special Agent
Tando

Number of posts : 1068
Registration date : 2009-04-30

Swords For Hire Empty
PostSubject: Swords For Hire   Swords For Hire EmptySat May 16, 2009 2:52 pm

Well we finally have a Kinship in Lotro. Very Happy

I don't know if SS wants to make a area for Lotro posts or just use this post for anything Lotro
Back to top Go down
http://www.evil-wizards.org/swtor-wiki/index.php/Tando_Alums

Swords For Hire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swords For Hire   Swords For Hire EmptySun May 17, 2009 1:01 am

What if we use axes? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Tando
Special Agent
Special Agent
Tando

Swords For Hire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swords For Hire   Swords For Hire EmptySun May 17, 2009 1:45 am

I do use a axe, it is just a Name Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Swords For Hire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swords For Hire   Swords For Hire EmptySun May 17, 2009 3:36 am

I know, Im joking tongue
Back to top Go down
Tando
Special Agent
Special Agent
Tando

Swords For Hire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swords For Hire   Swords For Hire EmptySun May 17, 2009 3:49 am

Also we need 5 more people in under 5 days to keep the Kinship.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Swords For Hire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swords For Hire   Swords For Hire EmptyMon May 18, 2009 9:09 pm

Well I screwed up royally on the communication front by making a Kinship simultaniously to Tando.

Luckily he's a top fella and gracefully stepped down so I might release my idea onto the unsuspecting LOTRO community.

Please see this thread for more information.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks

Swords For Hire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swords For Hire   Swords For Hire EmptyMon May 18, 2009 10:37 pm

How many MMO's DO you people play simultaneously? o_O
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Swords For Hire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swords For Hire   Swords For Hire EmptyMon May 18, 2009 10:44 pm

hehe, well we are gamers! I've personally cut down.

I'm only playing:

Lotro
EVE Online
Requiem: Bloody Mare

and

Perfect World: International

I think many of us play several though.
Back to top Go down

Swords For Hire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swords For Hire   Swords For Hire EmptyMon May 18, 2009 10:51 pm

Hey, I just purchased EVE, It's a game I can play at work (click and forget). But the GUI is freaking me out!!

Currently I`m not really into any MMO. Quit WoW and GW. I`m in beta for Fallen Earth, and I (re)play STALKER & Fallout 3 (as the addons roll out).

But back to LOTRO... is it good game even if I`m not really into Tolkien's lore?
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Swords For Hire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swords For Hire   Swords For Hire EmptyTue May 19, 2009 12:42 am

I think so, yeah - but it depends what you're looking for, tbh.

One thing that does seem pretty impressive is the character progression. You know how wow had racial abilities, class skills and then talent trees to make characters a bit more personal?

Well LOTRO has all that except apart from 1 talent tree you have access to (a simultatiously learn) up to 4 talent trees. Plus you also get a "Legendaty" one for higher levels.

I'm far from an expert (only level 16!) but I know you can buy a mount at lvl 35 and from lvl 15 onwards you can (if you somehow have the cash) purchase player dwellings which you can also outfit (ace for RP). The crafting system is also pretty cool, for each vocation you need to skilled it 2-3 subcatagories.

For example, I'm a weaponsmith but I also need to be a Woodsman (to make the hafts of weapsons and the like) and also a prospector (to mine the ore to make the metal to make the weapons). You need to keep all three of them up if you want to progress which adds another level of difficulty to the crafting process... which makes making things even more satisfying!

In short, I'm enjoying it - but I'd ask around.
Back to top Go down

Swords For Hire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swords For Hire   Swords For Hire EmptyTue May 19, 2009 12:47 am

Sounds nice Very Happy I'd give it a try. I'll have to send my gf away for about 10 days, the free trial period Smile)
Back to top Go down
Dugo
Agent
Agent
Dugo

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2009-05-10

Swords For Hire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swords For Hire   Swords For Hire EmptyTue May 19, 2009 2:32 am

LOTRO is quite rich game. As Lunarwolf said about these traits, first you need to obtain them and there are several ways to do so.
Basic - it's killing for example 50 goblins to recieve title - something like Goblin's bane and then another 100 to get a trait; moreover traits can be recieved through exploration or finding some items.
Class - you need to use particular skill for example 300 times to obtain class trait which usually improves that skill, but it's possible that it will upgrade others as well. And If you combine 2,3 or 4 skills from same category you will get additional bonuses.
Race - obtaining these can be automatic, from quest, book or by killing monsters.
Legendary - unlocks from lvl 39 I think. First you have to get book of that trait you want to learn and then collect 8 missing pages from monsters or auction house. These traits often grant you a new skill or dramatically improve old ones.

When it comes to crafting it's easy from beginning, when you hit master I think you can join crafting guild. After that you have to build up reputation with it by creating their patterns ( I'm a tailor so these have patterns I don't know about other though ). Catch is that Cooldown for making these differs from 1 day to a week. Then you can buy high-end recipes from guild, but when creating these patterns are used,so it's a good thing that advanced items doesn't flood market Smile And when you get particular skill to expertise, it is possible to create critical items, which have improved bonuses. And of course, 1-use-recipes that require pretty rare ingredients but there is nothing better than 1-use-recipe when you succeed with critical Smile

Another thing I enjoy is party dungeons and epic quests. All dungeons have their own stories and are quite fun to complete. Epic quests just completes story and are often divided into many parts, ending with epic battle. Parties are able to pull out fellowship maneuvers which can deal a great damage or heal companions. This appear randomly, or can be invoked by burglars skill. Of course when you are able to pull out difficult ones, they can damage monsters, heal your companions and even summon 2 spirit warriors to help you Smile

And when you would hit Moria, and recieve legendary wapons, which you have to level too, so as you progress weapon goes with you. It gains legacy points, that are used to upgrade weapons statistics and when you hit lvl 10,20,30 weapon can be reforged ( always back to lvl 1 ) to obtain another " skill ". This part of game is really addicting Smile You can decompose weapons, obtain runes or gems from them which can improve the weapon. Also, you can combine these gems into stronger ones up to tier 8. Not only weapon can be legendary but every other class have another thing.

And of course you can plays as moster-player from lvl 10 in Ettenmoors. You will obtain lvl 60 monster character of your choice and progress with destiny points, obtainsed from quests. So PvP is sometimes really epic 40 vs. 40 defending castles, outposts or vice versa taking them Smile

...Wrote more than I expected, but consider this as a little help to think about If you want to play or not Smile
Back to top Go down

Swords For Hire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swords For Hire   Swords For Hire EmptyTue May 19, 2009 3:41 am

Whoaaaa thanks for the long and thorough review! You really got me interested with the part where you can 'upgrade' your weapon as you level up. I was always annoyed by having to look for another better weapon every 3-5 levels...

I`ll definitely give it a try!

Cheers!

*remoting to home computer/downloading trial*
Back to top Go down

Swords For Hire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swords For Hire   Swords For Hire EmptyTue May 19, 2009 5:28 am

Okay, now I really, really can't wait to play this game! I didn't uncover any of that in the *ehem* ten day trial period I played last year. Thanks for the excellent info Dugo! You're a star! ---> Like a Star @ heaven Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dugo
Agent
Agent
Dugo

Number of posts : 295

Swords For Hire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swords For Hire   Swords For Hire EmptyTue May 19, 2009 6:33 am

Well I just shared basic info...there are still many minor things unmentioned that adds to a fine gameplay. Like outfit system, where you have your stable equip with benefits you choose, however you have 2 outfit slots to make character look like you really want him to look, with around 10 different colors to choose from Smile But you'll see for yourself when you start playing Wink
Back to top Go down

Swords For Hire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swords For Hire   Swords For Hire EmptyTue May 19, 2009 6:35 am

Damn this waiting... ETA 7h on the client...
Back to top Go down
zoran
Registered
Registered
zoran

Number of posts : 296

Swords For Hire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swords For Hire   Swords For Hire EmptyTue May 19, 2009 12:15 pm

May i just ask, is Lotro is any good? since Ive quit Wow i need something to play while waiting for Swtor.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Swords For Hire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swords For Hire   Swords For Hire EmptyTue May 19, 2009 3:12 pm

zoran wrote:
May i just ask, is Lotro is any good? since Ive quit Wow i need something to play while waiting for Swtor.

Ok, this sounds a bit odd - but I'll quote myself from earlier:

"I think so, yeah - but it depends what you're looking for, tbh.

One thing that does seem pretty impressive is the character progression. You know how wow had racial abilities, class skills and then talent trees to make characters a bit more personal?

Well LOTRO has all that except apart from 1 talent tree you have access to (and simultatiously learn) up to 4 talent trees. Plus you also get a "Legendary" one for higher levels.

I'm far from an expert (only level 16!) but I know you can buy a mount at lvl 35 and from lvl 15 onwards you can (if you somehow have the cash) purchase player dwellings which you can also outfit (ace for RP). The crafting system is also pretty cool, for each vocation you need to skilled it 2-3 subcatagories.

For example, I'm a weaponsmith but I also need to be a Woodsman (to make the hafts of weapsons and the like) and also a prospector (to mine the ore to make the metal to make the weapons). You need to keep all three of them up if you want to progress which adds another level of difficulty to the crafting process... which makes making things even more satisfying!

In short, I'm enjoying it - but I'd ask around.
"

Yep, that felt odd as heck.
Back to top Go down
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

Number of posts : 1761
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Swords For Hire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swords For Hire   Swords For Hire EmptyTue May 19, 2009 4:27 pm

I think LOTRO is a good MMORPG game and its in the top league of MMORPG game on the marked today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Swords For Hire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swords For Hire   Swords For Hire Empty

Back to top Go down

Swords For Hire
Page 1 of 1