The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Faction Resticted Guilds? EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Faction Resticted Guilds? EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Faction Resticted Guilds? EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Faction Resticted Guilds? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Faction Resticted Guilds? EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Faction Resticted Guilds? EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Faction Resticted Guilds? EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Faction Resticted Guilds? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Faction Resticted Guilds? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Faction Resticted Guilds? Vote_b10Faction Resticted Guilds? Vote_b11Faction Resticted Guilds? Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Faction Resticted Guilds? Vote_b10Faction Resticted Guilds? Vote_b11Faction Resticted Guilds? Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Faction Resticted Guilds? Vote_b1065%Faction Resticted Guilds? Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Faction Resticted Guilds? Vote_b106%Faction Resticted Guilds? Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Faction Resticted Guilds? Vote_b1018%Faction Resticted Guilds? Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Faction Resticted Guilds? Vote_b100%Faction Resticted Guilds? Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Faction Resticted Guilds?

Go down 
+3
Harlequin2
PrioryJK
Tando
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

(New Appllicants Vote ONLY!) My Main Will Be A....
Bounty Hunter
Faction Resticted Guilds? Vote_b1040%Faction Resticted Guilds? Vote_b12
 40% [ 2 ]
Trooper
 0% [ 0 ]
Smuggler
Faction Resticted Guilds? Vote_b1020%Faction Resticted Guilds? Vote_b12
 20% [ 1 ]
Jedi
 0% [ 0 ]
Sith
 0% [ 0 ]
Undecided
Faction Resticted Guilds? Vote_b1040%Faction Resticted Guilds? Vote_b12
 40% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Tando
Special Agent
Special Agent
Tando

Number of posts : 1068
Registration date : 2009-04-30

Faction Resticted Guilds? Empty
PostSubject: Faction Resticted Guilds?   Faction Resticted Guilds? EmptySun May 10, 2009 11:01 am

Anyone heard about this, with all the talk about Class restricted to Sith/Republic Faction I was wondering if they plan to do the same with the Guilds?

Last edited by Tando on Sun May 10, 2009 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.evil-wizards.org/swtor-wiki/index.php/Tando_Alums
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Faction Resticted Guilds?   Faction Resticted Guilds? EmptySun May 10, 2009 11:46 am

Tando wrote:
Anyone heard about this, with all the talk about Class restricted to Sith/Republic Faction I was wondering if they plan to do the same with the classes?
do you mean guilds?
If you do i would expect guilds to be faction specific so you can't join a Guild started in the republic if your a Sith, thats what they do in WoW but thats my only experience maybe its allowed in other MMO's
Back to top Go down
Tando
Special Agent
Special Agent
Tando

PostSubject: Re: Faction Resticted Guilds?   Faction Resticted Guilds? EmptySun May 10, 2009 12:30 pm

crap yeap I did mean Guilds lol
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Faction Resticted Guilds?   Faction Resticted Guilds? EmptySun May 10, 2009 1:10 pm

Most probably, it will either things on either end. This is good and bad depending on how you look at it. I mean, for neutral guilds, we need to be on both ends of the table, but if we were to be truely neutral, then there may be problems with how PvP gameplay works out.
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: Faction Resticted Guilds?   Faction Resticted Guilds? EmptySun May 10, 2009 1:26 pm

Are some people in the guild becoming troopers?
Won't this cause a few problems, sure we'll have a guild for each faction but it'll also cut the guild in two and some people on one side wont be able to chat with others/do quests in game?
or have I got it wrong?
Back to top Go down
zoran
Registered
Registered
zoran

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Faction Resticted Guilds?   Faction Resticted Guilds? EmptySun May 10, 2009 1:28 pm

PrioryJK wrote:
Won't this cause a few problems, sure we'll have a guild for each faction but it'll also cut the guild in two and some people on one side wont be able to chat with others/do quests in game?
or have I got it wrong?

As far as i have seen so far lots of people want to be troopers/smugglers and since troopers are on the republic side and so will smugglers probably im not sure what is going to happen since lots of people want to be bounty hunters which are on the empire side.
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: Faction Resticted Guilds?   Faction Resticted Guilds? EmptySun May 10, 2009 1:52 pm

zoran wrote:
PrioryJK wrote:
or have I got it wrong?

As far as i have seen so far lots of people want to be troopers/smugglers and since troopers are on the republic side and so will smugglers probably im not sure what is going to happen since lots of people want to be bounty hunters which are on the empire side.

Doh! No
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Faction Resticted Guilds?   Faction Resticted Guilds? EmptySun May 10, 2009 2:41 pm

PrioryJK wrote:
or have I got it wrong?

I guess you haven't got round to checking out our character wikis yet, then. Wink Or managed a bit of light reading on past topics. The problems surrounding the factions split and how it bears on our guild have been discussed extensively here, here and here.

You might find answers to some of your questions but do feel free to add your perspective. Very Happy I'd be interested to hear what you think in answer to some of those posts.
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: Faction Resticted Guilds?   Faction Resticted Guilds? EmptySun May 10, 2009 3:29 pm

Redwatch wrote:
PrioryJK wrote:
or have I got it wrong?

I guess you haven't got round to checking out our character wikis yet, then. Wink Or managed a bit of light reading on past topics. The problems surrounding the factions split and how it bears on our guild have been discussed extensively here, here and here.

You might find answers to some of your questions but do feel free to add your perspective. Very Happy I'd be interested to hear what you think in answer to some of those posts.

double doh! Razz
lol right i'll check those out thanks
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Faction Resticted Guilds?   Faction Resticted Guilds? EmptyMon May 11, 2009 12:45 am

Dang my posting nemesis beat me again! I was about to write an almost identical post to Red then came here to notice he had pipped me to the post once again! Daaaammnn youu REEEEDDD!!! *slumps to the floor and shakes fist to the heavens*

Seriously though, Red is (as per usual) right on the money. We've rattled round these different ideas for a good while now and, as a Guild have pretty much stuck two fingers up and BioWare's implied direction by making characters for both sides with (hopefully) even some in-forum cross-faction RP. (you can already see this manifesting in Black Hearts' Run of The Chancellor RP (which everyone with a character concept is free to join assuming they've PM'd the black-hearted one and got the ok) which is going to be great fun in my opinion!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Tando
Special Agent
Special Agent
Tando

PostSubject: Re: Faction Resticted Guilds?   Faction Resticted Guilds? EmptyMon May 11, 2009 4:58 am

thanks for the links :-) I can read them today at work as I'm bored stupid.
Back to top Go down
0wl
Registered
Registered
0wl

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2009-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Faction Resticted Guilds?   Faction Resticted Guilds? EmptySat May 16, 2009 2:16 am

Too bad i cannot see the links just yet but i have been wondering this myself...being neutral sounds great indeed but it would be a shame if we all are on opposite sides!

Do not want to miss out on all 'o the fun as it were!

So i would really like to know what classes/sides most of you have in mind right now... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://owl68.hyves.nl
zoran
Registered
Registered
zoran

PostSubject: Re: Faction Resticted Guilds?   Faction Resticted Guilds? EmptySat May 16, 2009 2:20 am

0wl wrote:
Too bad i cannot see the links just yet but i have been wondering this myself...being neutral sounds great indeed but it would be a shame if we all are on opposite sides!

Do not want to miss out on all 'o the fun as it were!

So i would really like to know what classes/sides most of you have in mind right now... Smile

I cant see the links yet either No but i think it might go down to a vote, since alot of the guild including me want to be smugglers which will obviously be on the republic side if released, yet alot in the guild want to be bounty hunters which are on the sith side.
Back to top Go down
0wl
Registered
Registered
0wl

PostSubject: Re: Faction Resticted Guilds?   Faction Resticted Guilds? EmptySat May 16, 2009 3:38 am

I see so we seem to have representatives on both sides already!

I have not yet figured out what class or side i would want to play but hopefully after more information becomes available it will be easier to make that choise...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Faction Resticted Guilds?   Faction Resticted Guilds? EmptySat May 16, 2009 5:09 am

0wl wrote:
We have a characters thread referencing all our Mains & Alts viewable to everyone. You can see all the various guns we're jumping there!

But as for which faction the guild will be, it seems very likely we'll be both. One crime outfit with two departments; one Republic and one Empire. But before Harl jumps down my throat for saying that (Razz) I hasten to add this is still under discussion and hasn't been ratified.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Faction Resticted Guilds?   Faction Resticted Guilds? EmptySat May 16, 2009 8:20 am

Yep sorry about you not being able to view the thread in question but if you're application is accepted you'll be able to check it out soon enough.

I think the last Timeline vid has already made my decision for me to be honest. I'm going to put up a poll in a minute and if anyone wants to play as Trooper then I will officially announce the two departments. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
0wl
Registered
Registered
0wl

PostSubject: Re: Faction Resticted Guilds?   Faction Resticted Guilds? EmptySat May 16, 2009 8:43 am

Sureshot wrote:
I'm going to put up a poll in a minute...then I will officially announce the two departments. Smile

It's a trap!!!! Suspect

Where is it?
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Faction Resticted Guilds?   Faction Resticted Guilds? EmptySat May 16, 2009 8:51 am

Well I can't put it up for everyone to see otherwise allies will probably start voting too! Laughing

Here's the options if you wanna pick them from here though:

Bounty Hunter
Trooper
Smuggler
Jedi
Sith
Undecided
Back to top Go down
zoran
Registered
Registered
zoran

PostSubject: Re: Faction Resticted Guilds?   Faction Resticted Guilds? EmptySat May 16, 2009 9:01 am

Sureshot wrote:
Well I can't put it up for everyone to see otherwise allies will probably start voting too! Laughing

Here's the options if you wanna pick them from here though:

Bounty Hunter
Trooper
Smuggler
Jedi
Sith
Undecided

Cant you put it up for us new applicants, oh well dont matter, i pick Smuggler.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Faction Resticted Guilds?   Faction Resticted Guilds? EmptySat May 16, 2009 9:06 am

I see no poll.
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Faction Resticted Guilds?   Faction Resticted Guilds? EmptySat May 16, 2009 9:18 am

zoran wrote:

Cant you put it up for us new applicants, oh well dont matter, i pick Smuggler.

The only problem is that if I do that then no doubt people from other guilds that are registered on here will start voting, and then it'll mess up the poll. I can put up a seperate one for you guys now though if you want?

Oh and Artekus, it's in Guild Discussion.

EDIT: All done Zoran! Smile
Back to top Go down
Tando
Special Agent
Special Agent
Tando

PostSubject: Re: Faction Resticted Guilds?   Faction Resticted Guilds? EmptySat May 16, 2009 10:37 am

noob, I think I voted by mistake Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

PostSubject: Re: Faction Resticted Guilds?   Faction Resticted Guilds? EmptySat May 16, 2009 10:46 am

Tando wrote:

Lol yeah I had a feeling that might happen. I'll just assume -1 Bounty Hunter then.
Back to top Go down
Tando
Special Agent
Special Agent
Tando

PostSubject: Re: Faction Resticted Guilds?   Faction Resticted Guilds? EmptySat May 16, 2009 10:47 am

haha yeap -1 BH
Back to top Go down
zoran
Registered
Registered
zoran

PostSubject: Re: Faction Resticted Guilds?   Faction Resticted Guilds? EmptySat May 16, 2009 10:48 am

Sureshot wrote:
Tando wrote:

Lol yeah I had a feeling that might happen. I'll just assume -1 Bounty Hunter then.

Ent we doing both factions though so isn't this this poll pointless, or have you changed your mind Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Faction Resticted Guilds?   Faction Resticted Guilds? Empty

Back to top Go down

Faction Resticted Guilds?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next