The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Alts EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Alts EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Alts EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Alts EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Alts EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Alts EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Alts EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Alts EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Alts EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Alts Vote_b10Alts Vote_b11Alts Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Alts Vote_b1065%Alts Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Alts Vote_b106%Alts Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Alts Vote_b1018%Alts Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Alts Vote_b100%Alts Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Alts

Go down 
+3
Black Heart
Lunarwolf
Sureshot
7 posters

Should We Allow Alts From Players In Another Guild?
Yes
Alts Vote_b1036%Alts Vote_b12
 36% [ 4 ]
No
Alts Vote_b1064%Alts Vote_b12
 64% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 11

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Alts Empty
PostSubject: Alts   Alts EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 9:05 am

I just got a message back from a guy that said he really liked the idea of the guild but he'd already joined a Jedi guild. He also stated that he would be interested in joining but only with an alt. This got me thinking, would it be sensible to allow players from other guilds to join our guild with just an alt? Considering the nature of this guild I'm not so sure. So answers on a postcard please!
Back to top Go down
http://www.agentsoftheepoch.org
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Alts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alts   Alts EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 9:19 am

I voted No. Sorry, I dont want to sound like a Doomsayer but I think an Alt would miss the point. Part of our strength comes from our continued input and communication, our 'Dedication to the SW Dream' if you will.

I think if someone came in as an alt they would not be able to contribute as well and would also fall by the wayside compared to the rest of us if this was not their initial guild.

I know it sounds like I'm being overtly negative, but I think its 100% or not at all.

'Bah, Humbug!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Alts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alts   Alts EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 9:30 am

I think you're right and I agree. I can't see a player that has a main in another guild being highly active either. That is a big part of what we're about and from my experience it doesn't work. You'd have events clashing no doubt and thats never a good thing. We also have to consider the 'secretive' side of our guild. The only way I could consider an alt from another guild is that if it was from an allied guild, and even then I'm not that keen on the idea.
Back to top Go down

Alts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alts   Alts EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 10:32 am

I say Yes. Alts aren't a problem and there is no way you can control it anyway. The problem is that is the guild able to keep people around. If the guild is interesting enough people will have mains in it. But people need change. And sometimes need those alts in other places to try other things in game. Is that really that bad?
Back to top Go down
Black Heart
Registered
Registered
Black Heart

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Alts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alts   Alts EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 10:49 am

Sureshot wrote:
I think you're right and I agree. I can't see a player that has a main in another guild being highly active either. That is a big part of what we're about and from my experience it doesn't work. You'd have events clashing no doubt and thats never a good thing. We also have to consider the 'secretive' side of our guild. The only way I could consider an alt from another guild is that if it was from an allied guild, and even then I'm not that keen on the idea.

Those are essentially my problems with the idea. If we were a larger guild, sure. But when there's such a modicum of quality in this guild, I think it would be difficult to successfully require a character to be effective in both guilds. I think allying with his guild would be a good idea, though. And then he can still contribute and participate with us in some of our escapades.
Back to top Go down
Godjera
Registered
Registered
Godjera

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Alts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alts   Alts EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 12:50 pm

I would agree to alts from existing players as everyone should be allowed to experiment. However for players from another guild I'm not sure how it could work. Maybe alts from another guild would be a rank between recruit and full member?
Back to top Go down

Alts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alts   Alts EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 4:28 am

I read this topic last night before I went to bed and planned to write a 'no way!' post today. But the more I thought about it the more I'm inclined to say 'yes'. For reasons as follows:

Firstly, how will you police this? scratch It's practically impossible to tell if people who sign up with us are going to be honest about being signed up elsewhere (for instance I might have a Jedi tucked away somewhere and have no intention of telling you till the game is running and I find out if my Jedi or Smuggler is more fun to play).

Secondly, Sureshot's a fab guild leader and this site is run so well it really is your one-stop-shop for swtor info. And the roleplaying here is unique in it's quality and scope. For those reasons we might see alts fast becoming main characters.

Thirdly, word of mouth. Now I like the idea of being in an exclusive club but having an "it's us or nothing" attitude can be seen, to be frank, as stuck-up. Is that how we want to be seen? Neutral

And finally, there are lots of people who are big roleplayers who have more than enough of themselves to spread around a couple of guilds and still be active within each. Are they less deserving of membership than exclusive members who may have, um, relaxed their activity?

That's my take on things. The most important point I think being the first. We can't police it so why exclude the honest? That's a heavy moment there and I don't want to end on a downer so here's a joke:

"When I was young I used to pray for a bike, then I realized that God doesn't work that way, so I stole a bike and prayed for forgiveness." Razz
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Alts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alts   Alts EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 6:48 am

Godjera wrote:
I would agree to alts from existing players as everyone should be allowed to experiment. However for players from another guild I'm not sure how it could work. Maybe alts from another guild would be a rank between recruit and full member?

Hmm....I'm not to sure about this as again it defeats the object of having a member rank in the first place, if we have two seperate ones that is. It's certainly something to consider though.

Redwatch wrote:
I read this topic last night before I went to bed and planned to write a 'no way!' post today. But the more I thought about it the more I'm inclined to say 'yes'. For reasons as follows:

Firstly, how will you police this? scratch It's practically impossible to tell if people who sign up with us are going to be honest about being signed up elsewhere (for instance I might have a Jedi tucked away somewhere and have no intention of telling you till the game is running and I find out if my Jedi or Smuggler is more fun to play).

This is true it will be hard to police but we are running a highly active guild, so if they're dissapearing for days on end then I will be taking note.

Quote :
Secondly, Sureshot's a fab guild leader and this site is run so well it really is your one-stop-shop for swtor info. And the roleplaying here is unique in it's quality and scope. For those reasons we might see alts fast becoming main characters.

Awww shucks! Thanks mate. Embarassed

I actually agree with this, not the me being fab bit but the alts maybe becoming mains! It's happened to me before in my old guild and yes, it could happen again.

Quote :
Thirdly, word of mouth. Now I like the idea of being in an exclusive club but having an "it's us or nothing" attitude can be seen, to be frank, as stuck-up. Is that how we want to be seen? Neutral

See I think a lot of Heavy roleplay guilds get this stigma attached to them anyway. All you have to do is reject someone for having a s*** name and then you're labelled as a RP nazi! The same can be said for people with age limit entries to a guild, but it can't change the fact that it's rule of the guild. I think most people are fine with it as long as it's set in stone.

Quote :
And finally, there are lots of people who are big roleplayers who have more than enough of themselves to spread around a couple of guilds and still be active within each. Are they less deserving of membership than exclusive members who may have, um, relaxed their activity?

This I would be totally fine with personally as long as they are active, but then what happens when said person has two guild events on at the same time? Seeing as their alt is in our guild, I imagine we'd have to take the backseat so to speak. Also, there may well be players out there that would love to have their main in our guild and given the choice I would prefer to have that, as it fits the 'family unit'.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Alts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alts   Alts EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 8:50 am

I voted 'No', though I think I was hasty

Reason why is that it may hinder roleplay as they could be gone for quite a while. Of course, there could be a good reason that is not "I have to play on my alt", could be work or other issues.

Really, if people want to join, but have alts, we should have a more extensive process to get them in. Firstly so we can make sure they're able to divide time well, secondly to make sure that they are not spies. But they could be the best RPer in the world and we could turn them down just because they have an alt. This, in my opinion, is not on.
Back to top Go down

Alts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alts   Alts EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 9:22 am

You all realize this is a pointless discussion right? I mean you have no way of knowing if someone plays an alt or not without him saying it... So this will be a dead rule anyway.

Setting such a rule is bad in its core as it implicates that if someone doesn't log as much as we want them (probably plays an alt or has a real life) we should not welcome him... Thats a big "no no".

The guild itself - if its active and interesting will make people focus attention on it. We don't need rules to do that just a strong creative community Smile

This thread should be called " Should we kick out inactive people" And then i would say yes. We should. If they are inactive for a long period of time without stating why then why should we have them in the guild anyway?
Back to top Go down
Harlequin2
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Harlequin2

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Alts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alts   Alts EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 1:38 pm

Actually, yeah.

What Aliendra said.
I guess having alts is fine, except, stricter trials on those in other guilds. Just see if members can divide their time well enough.
Back to top Go down

Alts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alts   Alts EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 8:38 am

Hah, I inspired a thread and a poll here.

And the funny thing is Im against it Razz
Back to top Go down
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

Number of posts : 1761
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Alts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alts   Alts EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 9:57 am

no, but the are a big problem we dont have control over what guild people are member off
Back to top Go down
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Alts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alts   Alts EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 10:11 am

Lord_Nord wrote:
no, but the are a big problem we dont have control over what guild people are member off

Yeah I agree we can't change that, but having it as a general rule will at least help matters. Smile
Back to top Go down
Raiflaine
Registered
Registered
Raiflaine

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2009-02-13

Alts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alts   Alts EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 10:26 am

i would be agianst leting alts in myself, but since there is now real way to stop them if they are active on them. but aslong as they still abid by are other rules i would not mind
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Alts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alts   Alts Empty

Back to top Go down

Alts
Page 1 of 1