The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
What Are You Playing? - Page 10 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
What Are You Playing? - Page 10 EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
What Are You Playing? - Page 10 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
What Are You Playing? - Page 10 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
What Are You Playing? - Page 10 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
What Are You Playing? - Page 10 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
What Are You Playing? - Page 10 EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
What Are You Playing? - Page 10 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
What Are You Playing? - Page 10 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
What Are You Playing? - Page 10 Vote_b10What Are You Playing? - Page 10 Vote_b11What Are You Playing? - Page 10 Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
What Are You Playing? - Page 10 Vote_b10What Are You Playing? - Page 10 Vote_b11What Are You Playing? - Page 10 Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
What Are You Playing? - Page 10 Vote_b1065%What Are You Playing? - Page 10 Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
What Are You Playing? - Page 10 Vote_b106%What Are You Playing? - Page 10 Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
What Are You Playing? - Page 10 Vote_b1018%What Are You Playing? - Page 10 Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
What Are You Playing? - Page 10 Vote_b106%What Are You Playing? - Page 10 Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
What Are You Playing? - Page 10 Vote_b100%What Are You Playing? - Page 10 Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

What Are You Playing?

Go down 
+23
Randomfest
Suiadan
Jokoro
Caryington
Viking
Smudge
BluePhoenix
Harlequin2
Charada
Dante Demens
PrometheuX
zoran
Dugo
PrioryJK
nosyd
Tando
Valku
Nex Deus
Commander Nord
Sureshot
Godjera
Lunarwolf
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

What Are You Playing? - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing?   What Are You Playing? - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 7:14 am

There really are, aren't there? Fall/Winter 09 has been a good gaming quarter Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

Number of posts : 1761
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing?   What Are You Playing? - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 8:05 am

Lunarwolf wrote:
There really are, aren't there? Fall/Winter 09 has been a good gaming quarter Smile

Agree LW

Monkey Island, FM10, Dragon Age & Modern Warfare II and some few more
Back to top Go down
Commander Nord
Freelancer
Freelancer

Number of posts : 1761
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing?   What Are You Playing? - Page 10 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 7:14 am

Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing?   What Are You Playing? - Page 10 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 12:16 pm

Hey LW how does online gaming work on the pc?
I know atm servers are provided for L4D2 by steam and other various people but is that the case when the game goes live? Do you need to subscribe to use servers or are they hosted by players, does your group rent a server btw?
Chack this out saw it on UAS's contact list linkage, a mod that lets you play l4d2 on versus, alothough glichely and unfairly Wink
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing?   What Are You Playing? - Page 10 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 12:58 pm

PrioryJK wrote:
Hey LW how does online gaming work on the pc?
I know atm servers are provided for L4D2 by steam and other various people but is that the case when the game goes live? Do you need to subscribe to use servers or are they hosted by players, does your group rent a server btw?
Chack this out saw it on UAS's contact list linkage, a mod that lets you play l4d2 on versus, alothough glichely and unfairly Wink

Yeah Valve supply servers you join up to, but more often than not there is a wait or, if you're very unlucky you get a bad ping.

You can also rent "dedicated servers" which allow only specific people on which tend to be faster, connect quicker and sometimes have special privaledges / mods built in.

My Steam Group (U.A.S.) already has a l4d dedicated server and we have a l4d2 dedicated server ready to go when the game goes live. As part of the group you already have acess, fella.

I'll explain how it works when the game goes live (because we have to activate iit)
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing?   What Are You Playing? - Page 10 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 5:37 pm

Well I had Dragon Age: Origins pop through my door this morning and I have to say its every bit as awesome as I had hoped, and then some!

Its dark, gritty, and more than a little bit sexy - a proper adults rpg without having to resort to smut. With some excellent voice actors like Claudia Black and Tim Curry adding their tones to the frankly quite exceptional storyline, I've not seen its like since Baldur's Gate/NWN or Mass Effect.

For me its the little details that take it from "awesome" to "godlike" in its delivery, the fact that when you're doing the intro they bother to put things in like pictures of your character as portraits (if you play the noble that is, don't know about the other classes), at different stages in your character's life. A nice touch. That and I was able to name my dog, which I wasn't expecting.

A great feature is that every time something major happens in the plotline (when you complete certain quests, meet certain people) it automatically takes a screenshot which can be automatically updated to the community website so you (and everyone else) can follow your character's life story.

There are lots of other great features too, like (because the combat is VERY gory) the blood not only stick to you, but stays there until you rest or travel a suitably long distance. Gives it more of a realistic feel.

Overall, I've only played it for one day but I have to say I'm impressed. For me, its everything Neverwinter Nights2 should have been.

If this is the sort of stuff BioWare are pumping out (and I suspect ME2 will be just as good in January), we could well be on to a winner with TOR!

Not sure if this will let you access it, but check this out if it does:

My Profile/Character on BioWare Community

Oh and did I mention they allow you to download a toolset and make your own games? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Dugo
Agent
Agent
Dugo

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing?   What Are You Playing? - Page 10 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 9:32 pm

I've started to play Dragon Age as well and I'm honestly amazed. I knew it would be good, but I really wasn't expecting THIS good. Only the dialouges you can make with your companions are so lenghty, that when you compare it to Mass Effect dialouges, which were very good, makes them look like kind of " very short". Not to mention voice - over.And of course, I find short discussions between your companions witty and funny Smile Only got to the first village so far, playing as an elf mage, but I can't wait to dive into that fantastic game-world again What a Face
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing?   What Are You Playing? - Page 10 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 9:36 pm

Dugo are you registered with the Community? (just because I'm nosey and would like to know more about your (and presuming Nord's as well) character Very Happy

Mine - as you can probably tell from the link - is a male human noble, warrior class called Khaidan.
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing?   What Are You Playing? - Page 10 EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 3:21 am

Don't tease me Sad
Back to top Go down
Charada
Agent
Agent
Charada

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-10-04

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing?   What Are You Playing? - Page 10 EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 4:09 am

I'm nerding out Tekken 6 big time, I'm mostly a fighting game guy so for me, tekken 6 is a dream come true Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Charada
Agent
Agent
Charada

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-10-04

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing?   What Are You Playing? - Page 10 EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 4:11 am

Back to top Go down
Dugo
Agent
Agent
Dugo

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing?   What Are You Playing? - Page 10 EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 4:21 am

Unfortunately no Lunarwolf. I have a notebook that barely meets minimum requirments for game to run, so to be assured I won't buy something that won't work properly I downloaded it first for "free" to give it a try. To my suprise,it runs on medium detail, high texture quality in 1200x800 resolution, even with Frame buffer enabled pretty smoothly, so I really respect bioware for their optimalization work Smile
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing?   What Are You Playing? - Page 10 EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 6:43 am

Yeah, seems the link doesn't work :S

If I ever find out how you can export all the info I'll let you know...
Back to top Go down
Tando
Special Agent
Special Agent
Tando

Number of posts : 1068
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing?   What Are You Playing? - Page 10 EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 11:08 am

Well hopefully my new PC arrives this week so I'm hoping to be playing Dragons Age by the weekend Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.evil-wizards.org/swtor-wiki/index.php/Tando_Alums
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing?   What Are You Playing? - Page 10 EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 1:27 pm

Aye its really worth it mate, especially if you liked Mass Effect.

Seeing as their open-content page doesn't link *quite* as easily as it should, here's a screenie:

This is my team just back from slaughtering bandits (hence all the gore)
Arriving back at the village of Lothering, from left to right we have:

Leliana (Human Rogue)
Khaidan (Human Warrior, my player)
Morrigan (Human Mage) &
Sten (Quanari Beserker)

What Are You Playing? - Page 10 DragonAgepic

I also have 2 other characters in my party:

Alistair (Human Templar) &
Mouldoon (Warhound)

But you can only control 4x at a time.

EDIT: And once I clock this game I am so gonna play around with the Toolset!

There are so many great characters in the game, but this guy had me in stitches...