The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! Vote_b10Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! Vote_b11Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! Vote_b10Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! Vote_b11Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! Vote_b1065%Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! Vote_b106%Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! Vote_b1018%Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! Vote_b100%Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Dark Secrets - The AudioBook!

Go down 
+3
Smudge
PrioryJK
Lunarwolf
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! Empty
PostSubject: Dark Secrets - The AudioBook!   Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 11:22 am

Here's that little surprise I promised Smile

For those of you (like Smudge) who are being kind enough to read DS right from the beginning - FEAR NOT! I'm slowly (very slowly) recreating DS into a short story in much the same manner as BlackHeart (an old ex-guildie) and I did with the Swollen Shaak Cantina RP a while back (the original of that is HERE and the story write-up can be found HERE)

This is gonna take some time but is something I've decided to invest in because I loved some of the interaction between the characters, and it shows some awesome RP from the guys involved.

For those of you who fancy something a little different, I'm also going to be creating it as an AudioBook, for you to listen to. This is something veeeery new for me so expect some silly mistakes along the way!

With each uploaded piece of audio there will also be a Transcript for you to read along to because sometimes I might not be clear or might make mistakes (I hope not, but you know me Wink )

So far only the "Intro" is done, which you'll find at the bottom of this post. At a guess I think it will be a be in about 5-6 parts, which is why there are 6 "reserved" posts after this.

Incidentally, I am looking for people to read some of the parts of the characters, so if you're interested let me know and I'll explain how to do that!

For now I'd like to present....

DARK SECRETS: The Audiobook

The Introduction

AUDIOLINK:

DS Prologue.mp3

TRANSCRIPT:

Transcript wrote:

A Long Time Ago, in a galaxy far, far away.....
Mooncub Audio Presents: Star Wars: The Old Republic – Dark Secrets
By The Agents of The EPOCH
Read for you by Lunarwolf

As the Galactic Republic buckles under the weight of military advances from the Sith Empire,
The Core world of Coruscant grants its citizens - and perhaps the whole galaxy - some small measure of peace by signing The Treaty of Coruscant.
In the distant reaches of the Galaxy stir even older, equally sinister forces reawoken by curious minds who would see everything re-made in their own dark image.
It is into this time of unrest that a startling discovery is made and long forgotten legends unearthed threatening to endanger planets from the Outer Rim to the very Core itself.
Five destinies entwine on a course which could very well seal the fate of an entire Galaxy.....

PROLOGUE

Creed Dekkar stood in the shadowed room, looking out over the streets and towers of Coruscant. Arms folded across his chest he watched as the speeders zoomed past his window in a never-ending stream of high-flying traffic. His signature vermillion hair was tied up in a loose ponytail, a sure sign that something was bothering him, that he was on-edge.
On his desk his holo-recorder blinked incessantly, indicating a message was waiting to be displayed. He ignored it. Only a message from his Employer would be important enough to take right now and he found....other ways to get in contact. No, even the Chief Operatives of the Agency would have to wait.
If he had been in a more thoughtful mood he would have considered how the shadows from the passing airspeeders stretching across the dim lights of the room made the place look like some old spy-thriller holovid, but not now.
Right now he couldn’t help thinking of the dreams he’d been having and how oddly they were affecting him. About a week ago he’d received news that one of his old Agent contacts was dead, killed on the outer rim world of Rafa 4. He didn’t quite believe it, but there was no body found either way to confirm or disprove things. What worried him were the nightmares he’d been having since, and the nagging feeling that fate had come back around and bitten the Agent when she wasn’t prepared.
He’d known Ree’tak many years and never in that time had he ever found her to be without a plan and even a back-up plan for everything she did. It seemed ludicrous to him that she would be killed in anything less than a full scale war; the Twi’lek was always so damned careful....but what if he was wrong? Perhaps she had been killed. He hadn’t been informed of any mission from within The Agency that would need her presence that far out, especially not in the Rafa system. He realised even as he thought of it that he had subconsciously avoided the place ever since their earliest missions together.
He remembered how it had all started, how he had met her that fateful night among so many other promising hopefuls at the Swollen Shaak Cantina in Lower Coruscant. It was some time ago now of course, he was still even masquerading as a Bounty Hunter back then, but he remembered it as if it were yesterday.
Taking a seat at his desk and swinging his legs up so that his large durasteel-toecapped boots landed heavily on the pristine surface, he poured himself another glass of ice-cold Corellian Brandy and took a sip, feeling its cold soothing taste slide down his throat.
In retrospect that night at the Swollen Shaak had been a narrowly-avoided disaster. Had he known his Employer was testing him as much as the others he was sent to round up, he might have played things differently. He remembered their faces, all of them. So few were still with the Agency now, most were dead or gone.
For the first time in a long while he felt a smile creep across his lips as he thought of the commotion that Wookie had caused....what was his name again, Netra? One of only a few colourful personalities that night. Ree’tak herself had been part business and part flirt, her snow-white skin and deep purple eyes turning heads wherever she went. If only he’d paid more attention to the strange Human who’d been bothering her, perhaps what had happened next could have been avoided.
Perhaps, maybes, ‘what-if’s’. It did little to look back on the past now, so much had changed.
But if she was alive, if this was another of her schemes, then perhaps she was leaving him a message hidden in events. It wouldn’t be the first time she’d skirted round the truth to get the job done.

Downing the remainder of the drink he deleted the holo-message without bothering to read it, instead accessing the recorder’s memory-banks and bringing up the information he’d written into it so long ago. About how he and a small band had once pursued her, about the darkness they found there – and about how he became a Special Agent...
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets - The AudioBook!   Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 11:23 am

Reserved by LW
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets - The AudioBook!   Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 11:23 am

Reserved by LW (2)
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Reserved by LW (3)
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Reserved by LW (4)
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Reserved by LW (5)
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets - The AudioBook!   Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 11:27 am

VOICES!

Anyone who is interested in doing the voices for characters, here is what we already have covered:

Narrator: LW
Creed: Sureshot
'The Man': LW
F0-R3-GE 'Forge': LW

And this is what I need:

Nex: Needs a deep, confident voice - think Teal'c or D'argo*
Lilin-Duana Hylo/ Dee: Probably gonna need a female voice for this
Ril Tresv/E'spel: Again, female voice needed I think
Ree'tak: I might have someone to play her parts
White Mercy Receptionist: Open to suggestions on this one
White Mercy ET-74 Comm Droid: I can do this, with a voice modulator - or someone else can?
Raiflaine: Open to suggestions
Fuza 'Fuze' Macoy: PJK?
Daxx: Sureshot?
S00-Z: Same as Daxx - can be voice-synthed after reading
Nyalii: Open to suggestions, but he needs to sound "common"
Darth Mourness: Either needs a deep female voice or light male one

Any takers please let me know and I'll explain further Smile
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets - The AudioBook!   Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 11:30 am

I could give it a try Wink
I'll need a day when I'm by myself to test it out though Smile
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets - The AudioBook!   Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 11:32 am

Don't blame you - it makes you feel veeeeeeeeery self-conscious for the first hour or so. Then you just don't care Razz
Back to top Go down
Smudge
Agent
Agent
Smudge

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2010-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets - The AudioBook!   Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 11:39 am

Awesome idea dude. I'd be up for recording for a character, not sure which one though (I think I have a really lame voice). Maybe if I recorded myself reading the a bit of the prologue and sent it to you, you could decided if my voice fits in anywhere?
Back to top Go down
Kleti
The Praxeum
The Praxeum
Kleti

Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2010-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets - The AudioBook!   Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 11:48 am

Awesome idea:) will be nice to listen to you guys:P
( if you need some alien female voice with awful accent , i can help hahahaha Twisted Evil )
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets - The AudioBook!   Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 11:14 pm

@ Smudge: Thanks! I'd recommend doing the voice for Raiflaine because he has quite a lot of lines at the beginning and end with a nice relaxing break in the middle Razz

@ Dy: It would be great if you could do a voice or two, to be honest I think its about time we had a few "accents" in Star Wars - far too many of the main characters sound English and American Sad

For people interested in helping with this, I would ask that you download and use a program called

Audacity <-----click for link

What I'll do is PM people the parts to read and if they could just leave a small gap (say 5 seconds) between each bit that would be brilliant Smile

If they're done in Audacity I can mix them in with my stuff and normalize all the volume levels to match!
Back to top Go down
Kleti
The Praxeum
The Praxeum
Kleti

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets - The AudioBook!   Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 11:21 pm

I will try record myself with that program
and sent it, so you could decided if my voice fits Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! Icon_twisted
Hahahaha this will be fun.
What text i should try to read? Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
Randomfest
Freelancer
Freelancer
Randomfest

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2010-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets - The AudioBook!   Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 12:34 am

i wouldn't mind doing a voice or two xP could be kinda fun lol
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets - The AudioBook!   Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 12:54 am

Nice to see so many positive responses!

OK... lets try out a little experiment....

SMUDGE:
Try reading the following for Raiflaine in a voice you think would suit him best.

"I dont like this one bit. I mean, do we even know who were going up against?"
"...Also do you actually know the password for the droid, because you were pretty out of it at the end of that meeting. Hell, I'd be suprised if you could even remember what day it was!."

DY:
Try reading the following for Ree'tak. Its over a holo-recording, and just imagine there are lots of explosions in the background!

"I don't know who these people are... I don't recognise their ships or any of their insignia. Maybe you can, I don't know.....switching to external cameras."

RANDOMFEST:
Try reading the following for Fuze McCoy - think of him as an over-confident smuggler/con man

"Thanks for the read-up, Chief! I haven't been measured in a while. You're off by a couple of years, but I'll let that slide. You seem the perceptive type, though. Can you tell me anything about what happened here? And have you seen this young Twi'lek girl?"

These aren't neccesarily the characters I need you to play, its just for a giggle - I won't share the voices here unless you say I can!

Like I said if you could create them in Audacity and then make them into either .wav or .mp3 (the program can do both), that would be excellent Smile

Please send them to

Lunarwolf79@gmail.com

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Randomfest
Freelancer
Freelancer
Randomfest

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets - The AudioBook!   Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 1:07 am

will do Very Happy atm though its 4am so a little early to be talking to myself xP
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets - The AudioBook!   Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 1:13 am

lol you don't have to do it straight away, Random - but thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caryington
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Caryington

Number of posts : 2420
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets - The AudioBook!   Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 2:31 am

I'm thinking of doing audiobooks for my own stories and I might be willing to do some testing with your idea, Mr Wolf. Won't be able to do any recording before saturday or sunday tho.
Back to top Go down
http://soude.forumactif.com/
Randomfest
Freelancer
Freelancer
Randomfest

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets - The AudioBook!   Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 2:44 am

lol lw thats your voice? you sound like bbc xD
Back to top Go down
Caryington
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Caryington

Number of posts : 2420
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets - The AudioBook!   Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 2:48 am

Poor frenchy like LW's voice because he speaks a clear English, almost with the accent I've learnt in school. Most of my Bristol friends, for example, I understand only in mails ^^'
Back to top Go down
http://soude.forumactif.com/
Randomfest
Freelancer
Freelancer
Randomfest

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets - The AudioBook!   Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 2:52 am

lol i think its sweet british accents like that are only used for the finest of american television. well that and tool academy, people love tool academy for some reason ^^ Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Randomfest
Freelancer
Freelancer
Randomfest

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets - The AudioBook!   Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 11:19 am

sent the thing lol
Back to top Go down
Smudge
Agent
Agent
Smudge

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2010-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets - The AudioBook!   Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 11:33 am

Just sent mine Very Happy

This is sort of fun in a weird, "Wow I sound like an idiot" kind of way.
Back to top Go down
Kleti
The Praxeum
The Praxeum
Kleti

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets - The AudioBook!   Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 12:10 pm

i already sent my funny voice Razz
it was fun to talk to myself...
learned that phrase by heart...
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets - The AudioBook!   Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 1:57 pm

i'll have a go what do you want me to say Question
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets - The AudioBook!   Dark Secrets - The AudioBook! Empty

Back to top Go down

Dark Secrets - The AudioBook!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next